Hiring a house cleaner frees up your schedule and keeps your home spotless. The cost to hire a house cleaner depends on the size of your house, your schedule, and who you hire. Use this guide to better understand typical house cleaning prices.
Get matched with top home cleaning services in Elmira, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local home cleaning services.
Recent House Cleaning Reviews in Elmira
- Let Me Do The CleaningIt went great! I don’t have time to get all the cleaning done I need to, and Jessica came and helped so much! My home looks amazing! We’ve set up a weekly cleaning arrangement. Great job!!
- Servicemaster Of The Tri-CountiesI could smell how fresh and clean the house was as soon as I opened the back door. Everything looked great! Penny was great. She was on time, asked questions appropriately and then provided stellar service in less time than I anticipated. She provided me with detail with what she did and provided me the opportunity to review her work before requiring payment. I was extremely pleased and the cost was more than reasonable
- Broom Hilda's House CleaningI have used Broom Hilda's House Cleaning a couple of times and they have been good so far. They have been doing okay and they seem to know what they are doing and they do a good job. They usually come in earlier than they say they are going to be and so that is good. I may expand more of their duties and give them more business. They clean everything very well and the price is good
- Top to Bottom CleaningOur guests were very pleased with the cleanliness and order of the cottage. No stones unturned. Passed white glove test with flying colors. The porch furniture was organized in a better way than it was left.
- Broom Hilda's House CleaningThey had a schedule to keep, and were in and out. They are a vast improvement over the amateur service provided by my previous cleaner, Ithaclean.
- Dynamic Cleaning SolutionsAwesome job from start to finish. Cordial and professional service. Saved a carpet that I thought was hopeless. I am so very, very pleased. Would recommend to others without reservation.
- Done Best CleaningI have used them several times. They are very friendly, pleasant and they do a nice job. I enjoy having them in my home.
- Merry Maids of Elmira HeightsThey were more expensive than other competitors. Their work was good. They got enough people and finished the work on time. I have no other complains except the cost. I would use them in the future but not willingly or quickly.
- Dirty Work CleaningDid not hire dirty cleaning company the estimate was overpriced for a 1200sf ranch with on person occupying the home and no pets
- Joyce's Cleaning ServiceWe called to set up bi-weekly cleaning. Ed came and gave us a price of $75, with the first thorough cleaning at $105. Ed and the cleaner came a few days later on time. The cleaner spent about 2 hours and missed a number of items we specifically mentioned, as well as some routine items (cleaning both sides of a double sink, emptying waste baskets). The overall quality was not great. At their rate of $25/hr, we should have gotten 4 hours. I called Ed and he agreed to call in a few days to set up a time to finish. He did not call. I called again and left a voice mail, but we have had no response
House Cleaners in Elmira
- Business Description:Handy is an Angie's List national platform partner. With Handy, you can book a transparent, fixed price home service with an independent professional any day from 7 am to 11 pm. Professionals booked through Handy are experts across a range of home services, including home cleaning, handyman services, painting, lawn care, and more. They have collectively performed over 3 million projects across 250 locations. Handy, through the Handy platform, offers technology and information to book hom..Recent Review:Went very well. Lisa was great I'm going to ask for her againMark K.
- Business Description:We provide timely and reliable one time, or reoccurring detailed cleaning services for residential and commercial properties. Whether it is a new construction or an existing building, we offer specialty cleaning services to landlords, renters, contractor, and realtors. We also provide carpet/upholstery cleaning for residential or commercialRecent Review:Cooperative attitude, eager to please.SUZETTE S.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:They worked hard and did a great job.Nikki P.
- Business Description:Here at Rapid Clean Outs we are focused on making your junk removal hassle free. We are willing and ready to tackle any job no matter the size. Looking for someone to clean an apartment after a tenant moves? How about the house you are planning on selling? Garage? Basement or attic? Let us do the work for you! We offer free estimates as well as discounts for EMS, police, fire, and military personnel. We are a small business looking to serve our community with reasonable prices and a friendly ..Recent Review:It was very good and happy with it.Joseph V.
- Business Description:Have you been scared to hire movers due to hidden cost or inflated prices? Than you have clicked the correct button to end up here! Crew4 moving solutions offers full service moving, labor only services, delivery service and much more! Pricing is easy and clear cut and even more affordable! Crew4 llc has been in business since 2014 with offices in NYS and FL! As one of the fastest growing moving companies with five star rating, we are sure to please. But don't listen to us, check out our t..Recent Review:Let me start from the very beginning. Mike and Brandon (the owner's brother) came to give me an estimate (the last of three). Brandon was either exhausted or stoned - his eyes were bloodshot and he appeared to be "out of it". Since they advised that they had been working nonstop for days I decided to give Brandon the benefit of the doubt chalking the bloodshot eye look up to not enough sleep. Since they were to be packing some of my items (most were still in boxes in a second bedroom) and it was cheaper for me to purchase my own supplies I asked how many boxes I needed. Mike quoted me 30. So I ordered all packing supplies from Lowe's costing almost $100. They only needed half that amount costing me about $50 too much. Since they were the "professionals" I relied on their expertise which apparently was seriously lacking. While I decided to hire them "on the spot" there were a couple of red flags that surfaced and I should have paid attention to but ignored - much to my detriment later. The first was when they did not know how to complete a FL contract - apparently the business started in NY and they had only been in the State for a short period of time. It was then suggested that I sign a blank contract (I don't think so). The second was as they were leaving when Brandon said "Hopefully we will see you on the 7th". Not sure why these words would have ever left his mouth because the estimate had been signed by both parties and the move date scheduled. Both Brandon and Mike were to be the people to move me. On 9/7 Brandon and Mark (a brand new employee) arrived on time. However, that is where the professionalism of this company stopped. The following I blame solely on Brandon given that he was the owner's brother and Mark could not be expected to know the company's expectations when it came to moving their customers and he would be taking his "cues" from Brandon. The 17' truck was filthy - not even swept out with a mattress and box spring in the back along with a few extra large boxes - it was unclear as to whether they were empty or full but when I questioned Brandon he told me he had brought them along for them to use for my move (totally untrue) and the bed was his. Although they were to wrap my furniture they brought only mats - had no plastic and only 1/4 roll of tape, if that. So, they were using my packing tape that was to be used for boxes to wrap the mats around my items which clearly did not work. And I did not buy enough for that. There was absolutely no sense of purpose while packing my things or moving the items onto the truck Minutes turned into half hours and half hours into hours. They had no real "game plan" for expeditiously packing the boxes or loading the truck. Then it started to pour. My furniture was not wrapped properly and I walked outside to find Brandon standing in the rain with my UNWRAPPED TV. If I had not caught him at that precise moment I am sure that would have been ruined as well. Finally, approx 6 hours after they arrived and realizing they still had many things that needed to be put onto the truck I told Brandon that they needed to speed it up because I didn't want to be caught in traffic heading south on 95 and I was sure neither did they. As he walked out the door I'm almost positive I heard him call me a ***** - why- because he was dragging his a-- and I was tired of him doing so on my dime. At about 2pm the truck was almost packed when Brandon told me they would be unable to fit my patio furniture which consisted of a metal chair and small round metal table on the truck. I have moved many times throughout FL, don't have that much furniture and whether I rented a Uhual or had movers move me 17' trucks were always used and always fit my furniture. It was clear that either Brandon's mattress and boxes were taking up too much room and/or the truck was not packed properly. Either way I demanded that my remaining items be put in the truck. Long story short the entire move took 12 exhausting hours - far too long. Travel time of 3 hours taken away it never should have taken them 9 hours to pack and upload my things. If a professional crew had moved me it would have been done far sooner. So after a little bit of negotiations between Brandon, the owner and I they took a small amount off of the tab and I wrote a check and they left. To add insult to injury they put my bed together wrong and one side of it came off the rails. I had to hire someone to totally disassemble and then reassemble my bed. They chipped and scratched my bedroom furniture and my dining room table which prior to were all in good condition. The bed was the last straw and I placed a stop payment on the check the next day and on that Tuesday texted Garrett (the owner) to let him know I did and asked that he call me. I was willing to pay them something but not the almost $1200 I originally wrote the check for. Note the non binding estimate was for $850 - $50 0f it for insurance. I received a call back from Garrett and I explained the entire situation to him. Garrett listened to all of my complaints, did not argue or interrupt and at the end of the conversation I explained that while I was willing to pay him because he did perform I service I did not feel that the money I initially paid was fair. He then asked what I felt was fair and I told him $850. He agreed and later that day Mike came to pick up a new check. And if the other day (when I finally had an organizer come to help me unpack as I had major surgery and could not do it myself sooner) the below had not happened I would have wrote an "A" review praising Crew 4 and Garrett (whom I was really impressed with at that time since he was a young guy who handled himself extremely well during our phone conversation) and that would have been the end of it. The organizer went to unpack a box and found that one of the movers had placed a framed photograph that I had taken into an open box - not taped- not wrapped in anyway-against a frying pan and clock which caused the glass to shatter, the frame to scratch and the matte to become wet from the rain. An obvious wanton disregard for my things. All of my things. So, I sent a couple of photos of the box and the damaged photograph via text to Garrett along with an explanation of what happened, and also telling him that as the days and weeks had gone on since the move I was finding more and more scratches on my furniture I advised of my extreme disappointment and told him that something has to be done. That was over a week ago. No response. Nothing. Therefore, I under no circumstances can recommend Crew 4. They really need to get their act together. I'm really at a loss to explain how they got such excellent reviews on Angie's List. Maybe he had all of his friends write reviews? I cannot believe that no one else had any problems with this companyAmy L.
- Business Description:Let Me Do The Cleaning! Professional household cleaner with many years of experience. I provide services that range anywhere from a quick 1 hour clean, to a full home deep cleaning. Stranded home cleaning is a 2 hour service which I provide Sweeping and Mopping Dusting Window Washing Counter cleanings Vacuuming All natural products are available to be used if you would like. Contact me at anytime by phone or email for your free consultation. Available 7 days a weekRecent Review:It went great! I don’t have time to get all the cleaning done I need to, and Jessica came and helped so much! My home looks amazing! We’ve set up a weekly cleaning arrangement. Great job!!Tyler P.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated for over 20 years.
- Business Description:Additional address - 11 Marshall Rd Ste 1A Wappingers Falls, NY 12590.
Deals in Elmira for House Cleaning
Explore our Solution Center for helpful house cleaner articles
Knowing how to clean different types of countertops is essential to having a sparkling surface (without damaging it). Learn how to safely clean and remove stains on marble, tile, quartz, stone, granite, and other kitchen or bathroom surfaces.
Towels can build up mildew and bacteria, making them smell terrible. With a few DIY home tricks and some basic cleaning products, you can solve this problem and have spa-worthy towels at home.
Find home cleaning services in
- Pine City
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Van Etten
- Painted Post
- Columbia Cross Roads
- South Waverly
- Beaver Dams
- Montour Falls
- Watkins Glen
home cleaning services in Elmira
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- CleanedYourWay63 Hoyt St
Buffalo, New York
- Granite Gold Inc.12780 Danielson Ct
- Granite Gold Inc.
- Helen"s Cleaning Service215 Latta Brook Rd
Horseheads, New York
- Helen"s Cleaning Service
- KMASCO no CAN'T- we CAN do it ALL your way!108 center st.
Waverly, New York
- KMASCO no CAN'T- we CAN do it ALL your way!
- Let Me Do The Cleaning 324 Webber Pl
Elmira, New York
- Let Me Do The Cleaning
- Rapid Clean Outs513 Jefferson St
Elmira, New York
- Rapid Clean Outs