Pauls Appliance Repairs

Founded 1995 • With Angi since January 2009

77 Canal Rd

Clifton Park, NY 12065

Pauls Appliance Repairs has over 30 years experience - serving all major appliances, including refrigerators, stoves, washer, dryers and more. Award winning. For fastest service please call.

08/19/2022

Laura S.

I left a voice message and Rusty called me back within an hour. Unfortunately, both he and Paul were out of town so they were unable to help me, but I really appreciated their quick response.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

11/20/2021

Susan V.

I am very happy, they fixed it quickly and they didn't charge me lots of money.

Description of Work
repaired the washing machine

Category small appliance repair

11/28/2020

Kathleen A B.

Great! My husband said he was on time, friendly and knew what he was doing. We highly recommend him and will pass his info on to family and friends.

Description of Work
Fixed dryer door so that it closed and also fixed dishwasher cabinet.

Category small appliance repair

11/21/2020

Danielle W.

Paul came the same day I spoke with him. He was pleasant and courteous. He repaired my dryer at a reasonable price. The estimate he gave me was spot on. I will definitely recommend Paul.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

10/17/2020

Jeffrey O.

Left a VM the evening before detailing an errant freezer issue (failing to hold temperature). Called back promptly and made an Saturday morning appointment for the next day. Paul showed up at the appointed time. Removed an access panel inside the freezer and determined that the problem was with a "inefficient compressor". Citing related repair costs involved for parts & labor, he suggested a new replacement freezer was now in order once they become available from a manufacturer (currently all sold out everywhere). Fortunately, have a short term fix in place and the freezer is operating moninally. .

Description of Work
Upright Freezer Repair

10/13/2020

marilyn S.

Very impressed with Paul’s response to us. He saw the problem, but needed to get the part in Albany. He returned the following morning. My dryer is running great!

Description of Work
Pulley and belt replacement on washing machine dryer

10/06/2020

Richard V.

Excellent-Paul figured it out, ordered the part and replaced it. He was punctual and kept us in the loop as to the progress as it unfolded-would highly recommend him

Description of Work
whirlpool washing machine was leaking

04/05/2020

Barbara G.

Paul was prompt, courteous and efficient. He kept me informed through the repair process and his work habits and communication were stellar. He initially came (same day I called) to replace the oven's igniter. When we discovered that the circuit board had failed (likely due to the short in the igniter), he walked me through options to decide if it was worthwhile to do the repair and which parts to use. He ordered the part and returned as soon as it arrived to install it. His labor charges were reasonable. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Repair oven igniter & circuit board

04/02/2020

Ann N.

Paul came to my house within hours of me calling. He diagnosed the problem immediately and told me up front what the cost would be. He was in and out in about a half hour. I will definitely contact again if needed

Description of Work
Gas oven did not come on

02/18/2020

Allison C.

Paul was great. He got into my condo fast and knew exactly what was wrong and what to suggest for a solution.

Description of Work
Refrigerator checked for issue

12/17/2019

Dave A.

I called up Paul's and told them my Maytag Washing machine had an error code e01/f01/f09. I told them the issue hopefully just was a sock or other items clogging the filter. The technician came out and was prompt and friendly. He took apart the washer and took out several coins from he filter, Unfortunately, this did not correct the code error. All was good until technician then asked me to look up the error codes on the internet, If he was not familiar with Maytag washers, I felt like I should have been told up front.

Description of Work
Maytag Washing Machine error code

08/29/2019

Scott S.

Perfect! Response was quick; price was fair; communication was excellent...could not have asked for a better experience.

Description of Work
Repaired Whirlpool refrigerator

08/03/2019

Fran P.

I called and had to leave a message. Of course I thought that I wouldn't hear back until the next day but I was more than surprised when about 40 minutes later Rusty called and said he was 10 minutes away. He came promptly, and in a relatively short time found the problem - it was electrical and he was unable to repair as he was not a licensed electrician. I did have to call an electrician to change the outlet and plug from my dryer. I would most definitely use this company again....quick, courteous, reliable, and great customer relations.

Description of Work
My dryer would not start!

07/28/2019

Deborah T.

Part is too expensive - Will have to buy new refrigerator. But Rusty fixed the door so I can use it for now and have time to look around for a new one.

Description of Work
turns out the refrigerator door need to be replaced

05/03/2019

TODD R.

I ordered a new gas range from a big box store, but their price to detach the old gas line and attach the new was a bit high. When I called Paul, he was extremely responsive and came the day before the range was delivered to detach the line. He also gave me good advice on getting an appliance electrical cord for the new range, as my old range was set up differently. After the new range came, I called Paul again, and he came within 2 hrs, hooked it up, tested that everything was working, and explained how everything worked. Paul was very accommodating, courteous, and paid attention to details. Plus he was kind enough to only charged me for one trip out, even though he made two. I would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Hooked up a gas range

02/22/2019

Karen M.

He quickly diagnosed the problem, but the needed part was the most expensive repair so we are instead considering a new appliance as the dryer is now 7 years old. We will certainly call him again as he came within 3 hours of our call and seems very knowledgeable and gives the customer the most affordable options.

Description of Work
Clothes Dryer

01/08/2019

Judith J.

Paul came less than two hours after I called for help. He raised the drain tube higher and tested to be sure all was working correctly...took half an hour. He is a friendly guy, and his bill was more than fair. I will call him again when the next appliance has a problem!

Description of Work
Disposal was draining into dishwasher

01/07/2019

Anne H.

The twenty year old machine was deemed operable. The latch on the door was the problem. Paul fixed it and replaced gaskets. Good to go for another ???

Description of Work
Portable dishwasher evaluation

12/23/2018

Lorna S.

He knew immediately what the problem was and quickly repaired it.

Description of Work
Repaired washing machine.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

11/12/2018

Martin P.

Paul did a great job. Showed up on time. Did quality work. Was very personable.

Description of Work
Replacing a clothes dryer heating element

08/06/2018

Wanda F.

Paul was wonderful. He needed a part for the ice maker, and it was an unusual part, because the freezer is narrow. He followed up on getting the part, and, once it was in, he called us back, came and installed it. He also fixed something else on the ice maker, which, in my opinion, is a poorly designed ice maker in the first place. This refrigerator is about ten years old, and I believe that because Paul did such a great job in repairing the ice maker, we will probably get another ten years out of it.

Description of Work
My ice maker was broken

07/23/2018

steven J.

he did everything he said he was going to do and stayed within cost and time. very nice man.

Description of Work
fixed our refrigerator.

06/13/2018

susan W.

He's very good, personable timely, thorough and reasonable.

Description of Work
He hooked up the hoses so he just charged me with the service call since the washing machine wasn't fixable anymore.

04/21/2018

William T.

Paul could not do any better Thank you

Description of Work
Paul is very proud and he definitely knows what he is doing this is the 3rd time I use Paul and he never had to come back for the same thing .

02/20/2018

Gary P.

I called Paul's Appliance Repair at 10:30 and a repairman was at my home within the hour. Diagnosed the problem promptly and called parts store for cost of replacement unit and with my approval of estimated cost, immediate went to the store, returned and completed work by 1:00 pm. Excellent, responsive, efficient service. Cost of repair was high due to high cost of parts, but I have only positives to report about the service.

Description of Work
Glass stovetop burner repair/replacement