A drip irrigation system offers an efficient, eco-friendly method for watering your garden, but if you live in a colder climate, you must protect it from freezing temperatures. This step-by-step guide tells you how to winterize drip irrigation systems.
Get matched with top lawn irrigation services in Amherst, NY
There are 5 highly-rated local lawn irrigation services.
Recent Irrigation System Reviews in Amherst
- Outdoor ContractingOH MY WORD! You talk about a yard transformation- ours was it! Our yard went from a barren wasteland to a beautiful, green, flowery oasis that we love to spend time in. Before there wasn't any grass, builder grade landscaping (which was pretty much nothing in the backyard), and a rusty, old fire pit that we used often but wasn't very nice on the eyes. After saving our pennies for several months, we contacted Bill Botkin from Outdoor Life. Not having any experience in landscaping at all, we didn't really know where to start. We had a few other companies come out and give estimates but we felt they were kind of wishy-washy and didn't give us a very detailed estimate. We knew that if we wanted the job done right the first time, we'd have to keep looking. Also knowing all we wanted to have done, we wanted a one stop shop. Enter Angie's List-I did a search and Outdoor Life popped up- it was exactly what we were looking for so I scheduled an appointment with Bill. He came out and spent a lot of time with my husband and I as we talked landscaping and told him what our dream backyard consisted of. He got back to us within a few days with an extremely detailed estimate which instantly put my husband and I at ease. He gave us several options for some items (for example- for the fire pit, he gave us prices for 3 different options: pea gravel, jumbo stone stamped concrete, or flagstone with mondo grass) which allowed us to play around with different options based on our budget. Whenever we had any questions, Bill would always got back to us within a day. We loved the fact that Bill didn't just sit behind a desk and send his guys out into the field, but Bill was here moving mulch and laying concrete right there with his guys. He also doesn't sub contract which we loved- it allowed the project to move along smoothly (except for the pesky weather!) When it came to the landscaping, I gave Bill free reign over what went in the yard. I told him the few things I really wanted then let him fill in the rest. I'm a self-proclaimed "black thumb" so I didn't want anything high maintenance but I wanted our yard to look pretty. He sure did deliver there! The flowers and shrubs look great and I know it's going to look even better as they grow and mature. While we found the cost to be a bit more then other estimates we got, we realized that what we were paying for was quality and that was something we were willing to pay more for. We also were confident the job would be done right the first time- we wouldn't have to worry about calling someone to come fix something in a few years. That peace of mind was worth the little bit of extra money we spent. Bill went above and beyond in many areas of our project- he's a genuinely nice guy, a great businessman, and very professional- which we've discovered is hard to find in this area of business! We would (and have) highly recommend Outdoor Life to anyone looking for a fantastic, professional local business to support
- Precision Lawn IrrigationPrecision Lawn Irrigation did a great job on fixing my lawn system. They were caring and concerned about the problems that I was having. I would hire them again in a heart beat.
- American Waterworks IrrigationAl and his crews have serviced my system numerous times during the past 7 years. Any complaints are minor and usually corrected promptly. Pricing is competitive. It seems unfair to American Irrigation that with 7 positive reviews that their overall grade is noted as an F.
- AQUA SYSTEMS OF WNYI like their knowledge base, punctuality, responsiveness, they fix problems, and their suggestions. They are a pretty good supplier. They know what they are doing, they are good, and efficient. They did a nice job for us and we are pleased with their service.
- American Waterworks IrrigationI’ve used them for about ten years. They were recommended to us and they do a good job.
- BUDS LAWN SPRINKLERS INCI think that they provide an excellent preventative service. The technician is polite and answers any questions that I have. They leave me with detailed information on the receipt.
- THE RAINMANWe have been using them for about 3 years. They turn on system in the spring and off fall. They have been very timely and responsive when we have had an issue.
- American Waterworks IrrigationIt was wonderful working with Al and his crew. Which was a WELCOME change to from my previous irrigation company that had originally installed the system 2 year prior, but were awful. Al and his crew showed up on time and worked quickly. I needed significant repair to a third of my system because I had an I ground pool installed. If they had to move a piece of landscaping (ex. A bush)they replanted it with no problems or mess. The entire system was repaired and they even found a leak in a different area and patched that as well. There were no extra charges or problems. They did everything they were contracted for (and a little more), I have used them since to fix another problem in the line when I had some drainage installed later I the summer 2013, as well as had them close down the water system for the year. I have had no problems, they are always on time and vey reasonably priced. I plan to use them again this year
- TURFTENDERSTurftenders does a great job. They are very prompt. They offer recommendations and new ideas. We are very satisfied with their work.
- HURON SPRINKLERS INCOverall, my experience with them from the planning to installation to maintenance was excellent.
Irrigation Systems Installers in Amherst
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Here at Anthonys landscaping and snowplowing we offer a wide range of services in the landscaping field. Services provided include landscape design, lawn maintenance, tree pruning, spring and fall cleanups, rock, soil, sod, and mulch installation, planting, transplanting, hardscapes, shrub removal, retaining walls, bush trimming, top dressing, seeding, snowplowing, etc. Why should you chose Anthonys over other landscaping companies in western New York is because our attention to detail is unp..Recent Review:It went really great ! Anthony and his skilled crew didn’t stop from the time they got to the job till all the tools were loaded . They didn’t forget not one of my request and even changed the landscape plan on the fly to accommodate our wishes. The work is very good quality and knowledgeable about plant requirements. Anthony has very good attention to the little details that makes for clean and neat result. After the job was completed a intensive clean up began even into the street making the neighbors happy. A big thanks to Mark Of MAC services who assisted on the job. All in all a happy customer !!!!Scott G.
- Business Description:Lawn, Tree Care & Pest Control ServicesRecent Review:I’ve been with Buffalo Lawn and Landscape for 2 years and I appreciate their responsiveness and honesty. Nick is great about replying quickly and they always call and email in advance. I did have issues twice with how their staff mowed the lawn but twice in 2 years is not at all bad and the owner was fantastic to talk to. He addressed the issues and I have only good things to say about how this company performs and treats their customersBrigid G.
- Business Description:Frank's basement systems is a basement waterproofing, crawl space and foundation repair contractor, serving the greater buffalo area and most of western NY. Additional contact name - Ed Ryan. Additional DBAs - Frank's Basement Systems, Frank's Landscaping, Frank's Plumbing & Waterproofing, Mr. Plumber Heating & Cooling. Additional phone number - (716) 833-9011. Additional Email - email@example.com. Award winingRecent Review:Due to a rapid thawing, our home's sump pump started to fail and couldn't pump water faster than it was coming in from the drain tile. I came home from work to find a huge puddle of water in the area where the pump was situated, about 1/2" deep. The pump itself was working, but barely. After spending an hour bucketing water out of the pump well, I gave Frank's Basement Systems a call at around 7:45pm. One of their guys, Shane, was at my house within 20 minutes. He did a perimeter check outside the house and confirmed water was being pumped out, but the flow was minimal. He disconnected the pump from the piping, pulled it out, and I got a view of how corroded the old pump was, and it was chock full of debris and rocks. He cleaned the rocks from the pump and reinstalled to see if that would help the situation - it didn't. By this point, I was fully prepared to invest in a new pump, and he kindly provided me with the inventory he had available. Upon deciding which pump to go with, he went to his truck, drew up the paperwork that I signed, and he was able to install the new pump within half an hour. In addition to the pump, he redid the piping exiting the house and added a quiet check valve. Finally, he provided me with an estimate for a backup pump, at my request. Besides the great and thorough work, Shane was friendly, kind and honest. He did his due diligence in first attempting to repair the old sump before advising installation of a new model. He wore plastic booties over his shoes, wore a face mask the entire time and maintained proper social distancing. I've worked with Frank's at my previous house and am glad to have worked with them on the sump for my current house. I hope I won't need any work in the near future, but if I do, I'll continue to go with Frank'sCaMareo W.
- Business Description:Tripi's Landscaping & Snowplowing is a full service professional landscape and snowplowing company with a driven desire for customer satisfaction and attention to detail. We are "Your Local Landscape Experts"Recent Review:I called in March and was able to meet with Josh to come up with a plan. I had the estimate within a week and the work was all done within 2days in May. Tripi’s staff is polite, responsive and the work is beautiful. I am extremely happy with their service. I really appreciated how easy it was to communicate with Josh while I was at work and would trust future work to Tripi’s without a second thoughtBrigid G.
- Business Description:Full Landscaping Service, Specialize in Retaining Wall Design and Installation, New Bed Design, and All Concrete FlatworkRecent Review:They came once when we had our first snow - after midnight. When I called the owners to suggest that was not acceptable in the neighborhood, I was told they couldn't control what their contracted workers did!! In January, when we had a foot of snow, nobody came at all. I called several times and left messages. They were total no shows. I had paid for the entire seasonVIRGINIA P.
- Business Description:Here at lawns enforcement we take pride in our work. We make sure we put in the extra effort to make sure our customers are happy and willing to call us back for future jobs.Recent Review:I set up an appointment for an estimate. The person never showed up for the appointment or called me.elizabeth w.
- Recent Review:The entire Siegel team is excellent from handling the call for an appointment for an estimate to the completion of the job. This company is professional, knowledgeable, and responsiveness - its a well run business. The crew that did the work was outstanding. They all work together so coordinated and when the job was finished, cleaned the lawn/area amazing Siegel was recommended to me and already I have unconditionally referred them to someone elsePatricia M.
- Business Description:REPUTABLE AND RELIABLE SUBCONTRACTOR'S, IF NEEDED. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE AMOUNT OF MEN, LABOR & MATERIALS. FREE STIMATES. INSURED BOTH COMMERCIALLY & RESIDENTIALLY.Recent Review:We spent nearly $20k with Regan and wish we would have worked with another company. Let’s start with the landscape drawings: We were told by Dan, the owner, that his cousin would be able to work up something really special; what we received was a copy of the sketch that we supplied. The back yard: Dan underestimated the amount of stone that was needed, resulting in a much higher cost for our patio, which still isn’t “hand tight,” (as promised by Dan). by more than $1,000. And Dan’s recommendation for stone dust, which just turned into a muddy mess (despite being assured that it wouldn’t be). We had to buy gravel and stone, plus the labor to put the stone in the pit. The plants: In the drawings, everything was lush. But Regan plants the smallest and sickliest looking plants, especially hakonechloa, imaginable. When we complained about that, we were told that we could pay more for more plants, including myrtle. So we did. And then, most of the ferns died. Spring cleanup to our front gardens: The crew put down the wrong color mulch, threw it over all of the plants, tore a ton of nice ivy out that shouldn’t have been removed and damaged all of the spring bulb plants. The second time, with the right color mulch, was done ever sloppier. We had to spend a weekend cleaning up their work. Despite having issues with Regan throughout the entire process and communicating those issues and expressing our frustration to Dan, the thing that upset us the most is that Dan never came to check in on the project when it was finished, never sat down with us at the end. That could have turned this entire experience into something more positive. It’s just foolish. I’ve never worked with a contractor or consultant at home or at work who so poorly managed expectations and communications with a customer. I’m assuming the same can be said about how communications are handled with employees. This project got more and more expensive because of the poor planning, communication and management of expectations. I can’t imagine that I’m the only customer that has issues with the way work is performed. In fact, I know I’m notBrandon D.
- Business Description:We are fully licensed and insured. We offer senior discounts and installment programs for seasonal contracts.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful irrigation system installer articles
Harvesting rainwater can be a simple, environmentally friendly way to self-supply your water. But, before choosing to invest in a tank to collect rainwater, learn the pros and cons to gauge if harvesting rainwater is for you.
When shopping for a sprinkler, deciding on the proper sprinkler head for your lawn can maximize your results. Knowing what sprinkler head is best for you will set up your yard for success. Discover what sprinkler will work best for your lawn.
Find lawn irrigation services in
- East Amherst
- North Tonawanda
- Clarence Center
- Grand Island
- West Seneca
- Niagara Falls
lawn irrigation services in Amherst
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Vaillancourt WBE10364 County Rd
Clarence, New York
- AMERICAN IRRIGATION INC5474 SHUNPIKE RD
LOCKPORT, New York
- American Waterworks Irrigation908 Niagara Falls Blvd Ste 112
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York
- Anthonys landscaping and snowplowing 54 Joanne Ln
Buffalo, New York
- AQUA SUPPLY & IRRIGATION INC7071 TRANSIT RD
EAST AMHERST, New York
- AQUA SYSTEMS OF WNY7071 TRANSIT RD
EAST AMHERST, New York
- A Vaillancourt WBE
- Double A Landscaping LLC5609 Marthas Vineyard
Clarence Center, New York
- Double A Landscaping LLC
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Frank's Basement Systems90 Pearce Ave
Tonawanda, New York
- Frank's Basement Systems
- HURON SPRINKLERS INC299 PAYNE AVE
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York
- HURON SPRINKLERS INC
- Irrigation Doctors358 Niagara Falls Blvd.
Buffalo, New York
- Irrigation Doctors
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- The Rainman80 CHANCELLOR
West Seneca, New York
- THE RAINMAN80 Chancellor Lane
West Seneca, New York
- Tripis Landscaping & SnowplowingPo box 2088
Buffalo, New York
- TruGreen Lawn Care - 5515100 Mid County Dr
Orchard Park, New York
- TURF-TEC OF WESTERN NEW YORK5096 LOCKPORT RD
LOCKPORT, New York
- Turfscape Property Pros25 Buffalo St.
Akron, New York
- The Rainman
- UTECH BASEMENT WATERPROOFING3236 GENESEE ST
Buffalo, New York
- UTECH BASEMENT WATERPROOFING