Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Taos, NM
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Taos
- TERCO CONSTRUCTIONGreat! From the moment I met John til the end, everyone was professional and the job was fantastic. Always on time, cleaned up every night and kept me informed along the way. Would definitely use again.
- TBC General ContractingTBC General Contracting has replaced many roofs all over the state for our company. They are always on time and very professional. They clean up after the job is done. I highly recommend this company for any type of roof you have. The owner is Jesse Nayler, give him a call, they will give you a free estimate on your roof. Franklin M
- Bobcat ConstructionHe was early to his appointment by a day and finished it on time. He really easy to work with and it was a good experience. The pricing was fair and I am impressed with the job that was done.
- THE HOME CONSTRUCTION DOCTOR, LLCBruno and his crew turned my tiny 1960's kitchen into a little 21st century gem! In fact, he won the award for Excellence in Remodeling for my kitchen at the 2019 home show. I am thrilled with the result. Workmanship, cost and timing were kept to schedule.
- Bobcat ConstructionSteve Perez is dedicated to the satisfaction of his customers. He and John are a joy to watch as they skillfully operate various machinery needed for the work. I highly recommend Bobcat Construction.
- Three Chips ConstructionOur metal roof started leaking at the start of monsoon season and was getting worse with every storm. We called Three Chips and spoke with Daniel, who was very nice. They were busy working on a big project but he still gave us a consultation quickly. The job was done in a couple hours and the price was appropriate for what needed to be done. The roof hasn't leaked since! Dealing with Daniel was one of the best aspects of Three Chips as he was very friendly and informative
- Eric Smith Builder INCThe work performed by Eric Smith The Builder was excellent. Both Eric and his workers were friendly and respectful, which included actually listening to what I had to say, something that is not always a given for a woman. They showed up when they said they would, and they were careful, clean, and efficient. That is not to say that there was no dust in the rest of the house, but especially given that they spent several hours cutting tile on the floor while my husband and I were going in and out of their containment area, I believe that they did a good job of minimizing the effects of construction on the rest of the house. If Eric had not been at the house at the end of the day, he usually called before work started the next day to ask if I was satisfied with both the process and the product. I am a DIY'er, and I monitored the project moderately closely, because I did some woodworking woodworking for the project before they started and was going to do some more after they were finished, because a couple of things were going to have to be decided "on the fly" and because I wanted to make sure that I was happy with how things are done. The best example of the last is that at my request, they (willingly) incorporated some reinforcement to the copper flange of the range hood, even though it was not required by code or the installation instructions. The only problem that we had after they finished was that the garbage disposal quit working a day or so after they finished. When I called Eric in the morning, he said that he would get someone there that day, and he did. The problem -- a loose wire to the power cord -- was quickly diagnosed and fixed, and we have had no other problem with it, or anything else. Early on in the project, Eric went the extra mile to pick up the tile and rangetop on unrelated trips to Albuquerque, and then to deliver them to my house in Los Alamos with no charge, saving me either about $150 in delivery fees or the loss of a day to retrieve them myself; he also picked up the garbage disposal I purchased over the phone from a vendor in Santa Fe and delivered it to the house when it was needed on short notice. My house is about 30years old, and Eric politely but firmly informed me that because electrical work was being performed under his license, the kitchen had to be brought up to current code; installation of the GFCI outlets that were needed both for the island and along the other counter was subsumed into the existing contract. I should be clear that not all of their work was perfect, for example, another 1/8inch of shimming between two cabinets in the island was required for the range top to fit in its opening, but my husband and I will be happy to go back to Eric Smith the Builder for future projects
- DG Construction & DesignWas having issues with another local contractor not responding to requests from the insurance company or myself. After 3 months of getting slow responses and vague information, it was time to find someone else. While searching for a new contractor, I found Nick from DG Construction & Design, and I have to say, it was the best choice ever made. He was immediately available for an assessment and provided a reasonable quote in a very timely manner. He answered most of my questions and concerns ahead of time, and everything else within 24 hours. He stayed on top of all tasks and kept me informed every step of the way. Despite weather, repairs and other external issues, his team was still able to replace my roof ahead of schedule without cutting corners or skimping on quality workmanship. Even the cleanup after was impressive, almost like they were never there. I highly recommend the DG Construction & Design team for any repairs or remodeling needs. If I had more money, I'd have more projects for them
- STEVE BELL CONSTRUCTIONThe project went very well. They were very professional, gave an estimate that was exactly the cost, completed the work on time and in fact engaged me in a solution to a problem that gave a better overall result. Overall an excellent experience and I would use them again.
- Three Chips ConstructionThey did carpet installation. They had to take the old carpet. We had a pipe that burst so we had a leak and they had to replace the carpeting. They did an excellent job. They do everything. he's got a yard maintenance crew, guys that come out and paint and electricians to hang lights and do electrical works in the house. He's got different guys that do different things. He can build a house. He had a bid in one time to build a small motel here one time. I don't know if he got the bid. He's not the least expensive here in town. We use him because he's the best. We'll schedule appointment for him and he's always here when he says he'll be here
House Builders in Taos
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Dreaming of building a home, new room additions, or an outdoor living space for your family? Whatever you have in mind, 3D Construct has the experience and knowledge to help you every step of the way! Family owned and operated for over 15 years, 3D Construct has set the standard for general contracting in Kirtland. We build your home or project right the first time, every time! We specialize in residential, commercial, and industrial building projects, including the construction of metal..Recent Review:Excellent quality work. Cleaned up every night. Kept us informed. We had changes that Dan took with grace. I was extremely pleased and I’m very picky. When it’s time to get the interior done I’ll be calling him. Since he’s so busy we were on the list for about six months. Once work stared we were kept informed, Dan oversaw the subs and corrected issues immediately. Excellent communication regarding what was happening and when. He made suggestions on how to save money or do something in a better way. He didn’t do anything unless we said to do it. At the end the whole place was cleaned up, minor cosmetic imperfections that even I couldn’t see were addressed and Dan and I walked the job to make sure all was rightMarc W.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Employ 14 that are trained in roofing, general construction. Sub-contractor are used as needed. We offer free quotes on jobs, 50% down payment is required on acceptance, balance due on completion. All of our work is guaranteed, labor through business and materials through manufacturerRecent Review:Yeah, these people are a complete joke. After an agonizing three years to get our house built, they came out and said they used THOUSANDS of dollars of more materials than they did. Like, 100k or materials. We were out there with them almost every day watching and helping their “crew”, so we know that was bogus. We went to court with them and everything. They’re liars and crooks. Do NOT do business with theJessie D.
- Business Description:Anderson Factory Built Homes is the Southwest's Premier Family Owned & Operated Manufactured, Mobile and Modular Home Center. New, Pre-Owned & RePosessed Homes Available. Serving New Mexico, Arizona, West Texas & Southern Colorado. Established in 1993 - Family Owned and Operated For Over 20 Years "Our Family, Serving Your Family
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
- Business Description:LICENSE 58078.
- Business Description:Homebuilding and design in Taos for thirty years. Very high quality workmanship. I am hands on and do only one project at a time.
- Business Description:We are a home and commercial full service company. Authorized Carpet & Tile Cleaning - When Quality is Not an Option! We provide Emergency Water and Fire Damage Restoration, Carpet / Tile Cleaning and etc. iiCRC Certified! Water Damage Restoration, Home Remodeling Carpet, Tile Carpet Cleaning, Carpet Tile Installation, Upholstery Cleaning Service. Additional DBAs - Authorized Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Fire & Water Damage Restoration
- Business Description:Defined Electric is an Electrical Contractor born & raised in NM. I have been an electrician for over 30 years and a contractor for 18 years. My company is a smaller company growing fast. Me and my employees have a wide range of knowledge in the electrical trade. Defined Electric is licensed bonded and insured. I am willing to travel anywhere if the price is right. All work I'd done in a very high standard of workmanship and promptly. Give me a chance to bid on your project I won't let you down
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- El Prado
- Ranchos De Taos
- Arroyo Seco
- Angel Fire
- Red River
- Ojo Caliente
- La Junta
- La Villita
- Los Luceros
- Santa Cruz
home builders in Taos
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advance Concept Construction3167 San Mateo NE Ste 114
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- All About Design, LLCPO Box 205
Angel Fire, New Mexico
- Alternative Building Solutions2215 US Rt. 66
Moriarty, New Mexico
- American Pride Construction400 E McGaffey St
Roswell, New Mexico
- Anderson Factory Built HomesPO Box 274
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
- APC Contractors1223 Zuni Dr
Alamogordo, New Mexico
- Advance Concept Construction
- Base Design + Construction200 15th Street SW
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Base Design + Construction
- Energy Homes LLCPO Box 431
Angel Fire, New Mexico
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Energy Homes LLC
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Taos Off GridPO Box 1495
El Prado, New Mexico
- The Salamander Co. LLC.PO Box 905
Taos, New Mexico
- Three Chips Construction6820 Guernsey Rd SE
Deming, New Mexico
- Tierra Builders LLC.PO BOX 1030
Espanola, New Mexico
- Timber Wolf Log & Tiny Homespo box 884
Mora, New Mexico
- TNT ConstructionP.O. BOX 865
Lovington, New Mexico
- Tradesmen BuildersPO BOX 151
Questa, New Mexico
- Taos Off Grid
- Valle Del Sol Construction, LLCPO Box55
Penasco, New Mexico
- Valle Del Sol Construction, LLC
- Yazzie boy roofingPo box 7610
Newcomb, New Mexico
- Yazzie boy roofing