The Chimney Sweep

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2006

Cleaning and Repairing Chimneys...

Air Care of North Carolina

Air Care of North Carolina has been providing Dryer Vent Cleaning and Air Duct Cleaning services to the triad area since 2010. I am the owner-operator and take pride in providing quality service. I received certified training according to industry standards at the Air Care facility in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2010.

Duct Doctor USA of The Triad

Due to COVID-19 concerns Duct Doctor is NOT currently working in occupied homes. Duct Doctor has been a single-focus Air Duct Cleaner since 1985. Technicians are well-trained by NADCA Certified Air System Cleaning Specialists and perform cleaning using the source removal procedure.

Smoke Alert Home Fire Safety

Smoke Alert is founded in 2010 by Firefighters in order to educate the public about Fire Safety in the home. The primary services we provide are Dryer Vent Cleaning for as little as $59 and Chimney sweeping starting at $80. With every service you also get a complimentary written home fire safety inspection and life safety classes for the family. We do exit drills with the whole family so everyone is prepared and knows what to do in the event of a fire. Award wining.

09/11/2017

It went great. On both houses, Lee and Josh cleaned each flue and fireplace without making any mess at all. On the 1920 house Lee inspected the chimney and recommended a re-pointing of the brick at the top of the chimney and the addition of a chimney cap -- which he knew would need to be consistent with the Old Salem guidelines for property in the historic district. On the other house, he recommended that I not use either chimney until both flues are relined with steel flues. What was good about this bad news is that he was able to show me pictures of the interior of the flue so that I could see that concrete joints between the flue tiles had fallen out. Beyond that, I could see the exterior brick exposed by the holes -- and the urgent need for repair. I have an estimate from them for the repair, but have not gone forward yet.

Description of Work
I have two houses in the Old Salem Historic District. I needed a sweeping and inspection and sweeping of one chimney and two fireplaces in a 1920 house. I also needed a sweeping and inspection of two fireplaces and flues in one chimney in a second historic house. Since the roof and roof ridge are made of concrete roof tiles, the sweep could not safely use a roof ladder to inspect the chimney from above on the first visit, so we made a plan for the Chimney Sweep team to return with the new video camera.

09/19/2016

Never answered they phone been calling since last year

Description of Work
Chimmney cleaned

01/29/2016

11/17/2015

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney

08/05/2015

Description of Work
Cleaned my chimney and then started a fire for me. It went well.

12/30/2014

It went well, they arrived on time, got to business. Did not make a mess of the place and went out of their way to keep the area clean. Both the guys that arrived were nice and congenial.

Description of Work
Swept the chimney and inspected it for issues.

02/01/2012

They were really competent. They were professional and honest.

Description of Work
We have a log and gas fireplace as well as a wood burning stove that they inspected, cleaned and pointed out that the gas logs were broken and placed back incorrectly.

06/18/2007

They cleaned everything very quickly. They determined there were no problems which makes me feel better to know before starting a fire in the winter months. They were also on time and the cost was very little for the service.

Description of Work
I had them clean the chimney and inspect the wood burning fireplace in my home.

08/09/2006

I expected a lot more soot, etc. to come out of the chimney after 31 years, but there seemed to be relatively little. Of course, mine is the only chimney I have seen cleaned so I have no basis for comparison. They arrived a few minutes early, did the job quickly, charged what I was quoted on telephone. Both were polite and professional. They added some odor-neutralizing granules to the fireplace when I mentioned the odor problem that caused me to call them. Unfortunately, the odor is still there, probably due to the heat and humidity GSO is experiencing currently, interacting with whatever remains in the chimney. I doubt there is an easy remedy for that. $245 for 45 minutes of work seemed a little steep to me, but perhaps that is the going rate. I did not take time to shop around. I liked the fact that one of the men was a firefighter so certainly had seen a variety of chimney interiors (I think this was his day off).

Description of Work
One man on the roof cleaned with wire brushes attached to fiberglass extenders the two chimney flues which service my gas furnace and fireplace. A second man cleaned the fireplace and set up an industrial vacuum in the living room to collect the soot as it came down. They spread a drop-cloth to protect the rugs, and furniture. The first man entered the crawlspace and made his way to the furnace/chimney interface and cleaned with a brush. I made a visual inspection of the chimney and of the fireplace, and asked if I were interested in having a liner installed. I was not. No pressure. The total time at my house was about 45 minutes.

06/13/2006

I had him come out to do a chimney sweep. He was very quick and came out right away. He was very clean about his work. He took the time to explain more about my fireplace.

Description of Work
I had him do a chimney sweep.

Caps, Inspections, Cleaning, repairs or anything to do with chimneys