CMC Service Experts

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2009

CMC Service Experts has served the home electrical needs of residents and businesses in the Triangle area and beyond since 2005... Our full list of generator, and electrical services includes everything from minor fixes to major renovations and installations. That means we’re ready to handle all

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

HVAC Installation

HVAC Companies

2022
Installation of new HVAC unit
View project

4.4

electrician (696)lighting (187)ceiling fan installation (96)generator service (23)landscape lighting (22)home security systems (21)HVAC Companies (7)well & water pump repair (3)

09/17/2022

Jeff C.

Would not give an estimate over the phone and wanted to charge $89 to come out to look

Description of Work
Install electrical outlet

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

08/10/2022

Patrick C.

Very well. Kevin Reyes arrived, figured out what needed to be done, and did it very professionally.

Description of Work
replacing four ceiling lights in garage

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

07/22/2022

Taylor P.

Good communication, but prices are way above market.

Description of Work
Diagnostic

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

05/17/2022

Jason L.

Chase & Eric were incredible! They installed a Generac entire home generator. Their speed, quality of work, and professionalism were incredible. They patiently explained how everything worked. They went above and beyond. I highly recommend CMC and their team.

Description of Work
Generac whole home generator

Category generator service

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

Review for CMC Service Experts - 106 N Lombard St, Clayton, NC - 39736100

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for such a wonderful 5 Star review for Eric, the Generator Team and CMC. We are so thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our company while installing your generator. It's always a pleasure to work for great customers like you. Enjoy your day and thank you for trusting CMC Service Experts to be your Trusted Generator Specialist!

04/22/2022

Ger S.

Was able to get a quote in a few days. Once the service was scheduled they finished everything and more on time.

Description of Work
outlet additions, door bell repair

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 Star review and for the opportunity to service your electrical needs. It's our pleasure to serve wonderful customers like you. Enjoy your day and thank you for making CMC Service Experts your Trusted Durham Electrician!

02/24/2021

Stephen T.

Fantastic! What a great company. Mike was so knowledgeable and their communications was stellar. This is MY electrical company from now on!

Description of Work
Installation of outlets

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for that awesome review! We are delighted that you were happy with the professional service that you received from Mike. We hope that we can be of service with all your future electrical needs. Thank you for choosing CMC Electric, your trusted hometown electrician!

01/15/2021

JOHN B.

Very well. Excellent courteous service

Description of Work
Repair (ground) electrical outlet

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your business and look forward to doing business again soon.

12/30/2020

G C.

The electrician was in and out within 10 minutes. The only issue I had was that I was told I would get a free quote when I set up the appointment. I was charged over $100 for a "diagnostics test" which was just to see what the issue was and all that ended up needing done was for a button to be pushed to reset the GFCI. I was prepared to pay the service call fee $70 and any costs for repairs but no repairs ended up being need. I tried reaching out several times but just keep being told they will have someone call me. It's been over 2 weeks.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and found GFCI Tripped

Cost $192.43

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

11/07/2020

michael B.

they told me it would be 4-6 hrs it only took two but they still charged me 900 dollars also the motion detector does not work ill never do any business with them again i talked to the general mgr about the price but he said we charge by the job not by the hour he also told me he would get back to me after he talked with tech but i have not heard back from him i think hes trying to get money back he lost because of pandemic.

Description of Work
put in two new outlets and two lights in garage also motion detector light outside

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/09/2020

joan L Z.

Excellent. All my concerns and issues were addressed and taken care of. Luis was very helpful and professional to make sure we have a safe, functional electrical system. The process was good also, telephone contact was efficient and office staff set up the estimate and repair appointments quickly. Good experience.

Description of Work
Safety check throughout, check non working outlet and fix/replace, check smoke alarm, repair non working light fixture, check control panel, recommend repair or replacement throughout.

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank You [Member Name Removed]! So glad [Member Name Removed] was helpful and professional! Here at CMC we strive to be the best! We appreciate your business!!! Look forward to doing business again with you in the future! Have a great day!

05/13/2020

Paul Y.

Ok circuit breaker was fine. There was not a problem.

Description of Work
Check circuit breaker

Category electrician, home security systems, wells

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!! We appreciate your business!

03/02/2020

Karyn B.

Excellent throughout...efficient and prompt reply,courteous service and reasonably priced

Description of Work
Spots needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your business!

10/06/2019

Carol P.

Work was done in a timely and efficient manner

Description of Work
Ceiling fan install

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

Bryan L.

It was an excellent experience. Joe M. was very professional and let me know exactly what would be done. Also he advised me of a potential problem that I might have. I had him come back out and fixed that problem. He was prompt in coming back out and took care of the problem. I would highly recommend this company to someone looking for some electrical work.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

Charles A.

The replacement of the light fixture was done quickly and successfully. He was professional and considerate. The only reason I gave a B was that he was running late, but I didn’t know that until I called after their expected window

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

jane F.

The CMC staff took the time to understand my situation and give recommendations that would make my life easier.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician, generator service

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

brian G.

Excellent communication with company and technician during the job. The technician was polite, kind and I feel gave a fair quote.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

05/14/2019

Kesha A.

I saw a deal on Angie’s list “Up to 5 Outlet Conversions - Labor and Materials Included” I claimed the deal and called them. They said that they didn’t recall having a deal like that on Angie’s and they would call me back. when they call back she said well the manager said he would do it but it will be for outlets and that would not include the price for coming out the year or the diagnostic. I did not ask for a diagnostic I just asked for five outlets to be changed. I called around and other places do not charge 189 to change outlets . So they were upset because the deal was out there and they claim to not have known about it. So then they want to charge me for doing a diagnostic even though that’s not what I asked for and to come out there. Don’t fall for the add it’s misleading and other stuff they wanna charge it a rip off. Someone else just gave them a F also.

Description of Work
Electric outlets changed

Work Completed On 05/14/2019

12/13/2018

Tina S.

horrible, I am out of cash and they have no resolution to repair work that a new employee did at my home.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

09/21/2018

Jim K.

I contacted them and never heard back.

Description of Work
Portable generator repair

Category generator service

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

09/13/2018

Derek C.

Diagnostics done and power restored.

Description of Work
Loss of power due to lightning strike.

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

07/10/2018

michael K.

It went very well. The technician was very thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Fix dryer; install a light in closet; connect outlet to power