Carefree Windows and Doors

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2012

Carefree Windows has over 25 years of experience in the home improvement industry. Besides offering traditional painting and windows, we have applied lifetime coating systems to over 150 homes and numerous condo properties. We DO NOT service repairs on products we do not sell. We also DO NOT offer interior door services. Locally owned and operated. Full service Painting and Windows company selected 2008, 2009, and 2010 Best of Charlotte by USCD. Give us call directly at (704) 345-7370...

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

window replacement (13)house painting (10)interior painting (3)pressure washing (2)door installation (1)

07/06/2022

sandra H.

It went very well and they did a great job very Professional. What Wayne told me in beginning is how it is turned out at end

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 07/06/2022

06/25/2022

felica T.

Amazingly after not making a decision right away, when I finally contacted Carefree Windows to do the job I was impressed that he still had my information. The job from start to finish was hands on and very through. I definitely recommend you use this company.

Description of Work
Windows replaced

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

Review for Carefree Windows and Doors - 9705 Briarcrest Ct, Charlotte, NC - 39817862

06/25/2022

jennie H.

I am a landlord They replaced all windows in whole house. Couple years later did another whole house and 2 windows in my private home everything went as scheduled and completely pleased with the work and clean up

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

06/21/2022

rob D.

Great experience with Carefree Windows. One window was scratched and they took care of it. They don’t remove your old windows until they are 100% certain they new ones are measured and inspected. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

06/21/2022

lou M.

Price competitive, work done as promised! I’ll use Carefree again.

Description of Work
windows

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

12/12/2016

Eric M.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

05/21/2013

David G.

Carefree painting was recommended to me and I am very glad I went with them. They did a good job painting my house. I feel like they were thorough and that it will last for years. I like that they also painted my gutters and metal garage door - it makes the whole house look great. Even with rain, the entire job got done in a reasonable time (they waited until everything was dry before painting). Because their prices were good, I ended up getting extra things like pressure washing and porch staining done. I would recommend them to anyone in the Charlotte area.

Description of Work
Paint all exterior trim, paint shutters, replace rotted wood, stain screened in porch, pressure wash all vinyl siding

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2013

04/30/2013

PAULA H.

They were phenomenal! Any tiny streak they would fix. They went out of their way through the whole process to do the job well. They also did some minor repairs and didn't even charge for that! The manager made sure that the workers were here on time and working well. They cleaned up well and my whole experience was great! Their price was extremely competitive. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
They did the exterior painting on our home so we can put it up for sale. I also got a price quote from him on some window work that I was curious about.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/30/2013

04/24/2013

David F.

They did a great job. Super clean and professional. His was the best quote I could find.

Description of Work
They replaced a whole house full of windows.

Work Completed On 04/24/2013

12/17/2012

Bernard O.

The craftsmanship was really great. I really appreciated the job that they did. Working with Mr. McNeal was really great.

Description of Work
Hired them to put in new windows.

Work Completed On 11/28/2012

11/27/2012

Susan H.

They called when they said they would. They were on the job 7 days a week until the job was done. I have never dealt with such amazing customer service!

Description of Work
They painted the entire exterior of our home, at a cost of $8,500. They pressure washed, primed, and did 2 coats. We have a cedar home. They also came back to paint our mahogany front door for about $550. They are currently working on painting 2 gazebos that had to be rebuilt recently which will be $1700. I plan to use them when we replace our windows.

Category replacement windows, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/27/2012

10/05/2012

Anne F.

My husband was recommended to "Carefree..." by a friend. Mr. McNeil gave us and estimate which was exactly what the job cost. After a couple of rain delays, he and his assistants went to work. They did it in one day. They also installed a screen door for us as well. Great job all around.

Description of Work
The estimate was accurate. The job was performed swiftly, competenly and beautifully. My house looks brand new! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Work Completed On 09/10/2012

03/12/2012

Marcia E A.

. They get an A-plus-plus

Description of Work
We had all the windows in in our 1950's condo replaced. They were a special size. Carefree Coatings and Windows did an exceptional job. They were quick, efficient and cleaned up. The windows look terrific, and were done in a professional timely manner. We had an issue with one window, and it was replaced quickly. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs windows. The installers were honest and hardworking. I appreciate fast and courteous service. I had 4 other estimates for windows, and Carefree was the most reasonable. They get an A-plus rating!

Work Completed On 03/03/2012

03/07/2012

Tim B.

Great experience. Wayne came by the house and explained the Wincore product compared to the big box store windows. I think he gave me a great price on the whole house. The install team did a super job. No mistakes and they cleaned up all the old windows and all the trash created by the install. Wayne came by while they were installing and he also came back after the job was completed and checked each window. He also wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed (13) Wincore windows and remove and dispose of the old windows.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2010

02/22/2012

David N.

Job performed quickly and well and on time. We had to remind them of several repairs towards the end of project, but they have completed the requests.

Description of Work
Paint, siding and trim(primes and two coats of paint- Richards Eternity Brand-includes lifetime warranty and 10 year labor warranty)

Work Completed On 06/10/2011

02/15/2012

Tim B.

Wayne, came to my house, great product, good price and the crew, did a great job including clean up. Wayne, came back while the crew was still installing. Great turn key job!

Description of Work
Installed new windows throughout the house.

Work Completed On 08/01/2010

09/23/2009

Amie P.

We obtained a few estimates to paint the entire exterior of our home, which included the brick foundation and a very large fireplace. Wayne's estimate was the highest we received, however, we decided to go with Wayne because of the type of work he told us he does and we wanted it done right. He gave us a contract stating that he would Sand, Scrap and Feather-Sand all areas that needed it PRIOR to priming, also that he would Repair or Replace and Damaged, Loose or Rotten Wood (all in the contract) then he would prime the entire house and go back and caulk any cracks or holes. We even showed him certain areas of the house that we were concerned about and he said, that'll be fixed, my crew can take care of that. The estimate was $4600, we paid him the $1600 upfront with the balance payable upon completion. His crew came out, sprayed the entire house with primer. Then his crew sprayed the house with paint, then the crew sprayed the trim with paint .We went on vacation and upon our return, we looked at our home and immediately noticed the small open cracks in the exterior walls of our home (that he had already told us he would fix); runs and bubbles in the paint, damaged trim that wasn't repaired or replaced (that he said his crew would fix); damaged places that weren't sanded, scrap. As a matter of fact, some of the new paint was already starting to peel. There are white areas in the grooves of the wood on the house where the primer is still showing and white areas in the grooves of the brick where primer is still showing. There is a lot of overspray on the 4 New windows that we purchased from him, as well as the two atrium doors on the front of our house (Wayne assured us there would not be any overspray). One of the new windows has a white handprint from one of his crew workers. We called Wayne and advised him that there are some issues with the job and asked him to come out. He came out, with his crew, and we pointed out the many problems. When we showed him the small open cracks in the wood, he kept saying that he couldn't see anything and then we he did finally say he could see it, he said that it is normal. We then showed him the areas where the paint is bubbled and peeling and where the primer was still showing. . He got so mad that he left stating he'd be back Saturday w/ his crew. He did come back and his crew worked on certain spots filing in with paint where primer was still showing. They also spot sanded some areas on the trim and walls. When we addressed the cracks in the boards again, he said that it's normal for boards to crack and he said he can't fix it. At that point we took photos of the cracks and went to Lowes & Sherwin Williams to see if it is normal and if not how to fix them. Both Lowes and Sherwin Williams advised that it is called "checking" and that the cracks should have been either repaired or the board replaced BEFORE priming and painting and that if left as it is now, water will get behind the boards and cause further damage to the house. Upon our return, we told Wayne what Sherwin Williams & Lowes told us and he got very upset stating that he'll get an Arbitrator out here from Sherwin Williams to look at it. Then he told us that he was finished and wanted the balance of $3,000. We told him that we're not paying him until the job is completed. Bubbles in the paint, peeling paint, areas that they didn't paint!!, and a portion of our foundation that they didn't even prime, much less paint. When we told him we want the job completed, his exact words to us was, I've done all I can do and I've done all I'm gonna do!" He will not finish this job. He then took us to SMALL CLAIMS COURT to try to collect the balance and his case was dismissed after the judge viewed the photos of the shoddy work. He is now appealing that and taking us to District Court. All of this is because he failed to honor his own contract. I hope no one else has to ever deal with this type of situation.

Description of Work
We hired Mr. McNeil to paint the entire exterior of our home and pool house, paint the foundation and repair loose bricks.

Work Completed On 08/24/2009

As they say there's 2 sides 2 ever story,here's mine. I should have seen a possible problem 2 start with when their deposit ck bounced. They were leaving on vacation while I did the work. Apparently they felt comfortable enough 2 leave town while we did the work He told me 2 run the ck back thru but my bank told me it might take 4-5 days b-4 it would clear since it was a different bank. I confirmed the second ck b-4 work was started. If I hadn't done this I would have been out the entire $4600. The customer stated this was the first time I did wk 4 them. I installed windows a few months b-4 the paint work. B-4 any wk was started I ask them 2 ck my references w/Service Magic (that's how they contacted me) & make sure they felt satisfied w/what my past customers had said. I've been w/S.M. for 6 yrs. I have a 4.87 rating out of 5 stars w/50 customer reports.There home is a older A frame w/rough siding.I informed them u could make old wood look only good but we would back brush the material so it would fill the wood in a little better.My contract stated feather sand rough spots & replace rotten wood. It doesn't say anything about UGLY wood. Toward the end of the job he came back & said he wanted the rough sawed boards replaced even thou they weren't rotten but he didn't want 2 pay for the additional cost. The siding on his house was not of a smooth texture & even thou we applied 3 coats of paint n the rough areas he still wasn't happy. The FOUNDATION problem he mention was under an enclosed porch which was not visible. We would have 2 tear down the porch siding, crawl under a 3 ft porch 2 do this wk.& then replace the siding. OVER SPRAY on windows, this didn't happen. We tape all windows & areas 2 protect against o'spray. I took several pictures when the job was finished & I have pics of the protected windows. The PEEL problem he mention. It takes paint about 30 min to dry 2 the touch in 75-80 degree weather but it takes any where from 2-3 wks to cure ( bond to the surface ). We had just finished painting the back window seals 1 hr.b-4 when he came back & said the paint wasn't sticking, he could peel it off w/ his fingers. I tried 2 explain the difference between the 2 but he wouldn't listen so we had 2 go back & repaint the seals again. Wood repair took 2 days & another 5 days 2 finish the job. Then on a Sat. 2 workers & myself worked from 8:30 to almost 5:00 than evening to make him happy. When he still complained I told him I would let the courts decide. As far as PRICE-- I spoke 2 one of the contractors that bid on the work. He told me he wouldn't do the work @ the price I bid but I needed the work so I started the job. He told me he didn't get a very good feel about doing the work for the customers so he entered a high bid. I lost $3200 on the job. 99% of the people i do work for r great 2 work with but there's always that 1% that are out 2 ----- U. I should have went with my gut feeling on this one--it's 1 lesson I won't soon forget. Please ck my reference @ service magic since I've just started w/ Angie's List. I think you'll b happy w/ what u read. Thank you for taking the time to read this. WAYNE MCNEIL -- Owner

09/24/2008

Monica L.

He arrived on time and was easygoing and professional. He suggested where we could save money and made recommendations for the type of paint based on our lifestyle and needs. He noted where painting was truly needed and where we could save money (ex. not necessary to paint molding in good condition). He responded to e-mails with phone calls and was willing to work around our schedule to get the estimate completed and set up the timeline for the work. The only things that I would've liked is if he would've responded to the e-mails w/ e-mails b/c it is a lot easier for us to communicate via e-mail. In addition, I wish he would've provided a more detailed estimate. He wrote the amount and a couple of words about the job with the price, but did not provide a detailed estimate, so now that we are ready to sit down and prepare a contract, we are unsure whether he will try to change the price. We will provide an update once contract and work is completed.

Description of Work
The owner, Wayne McNeil came out to our home to provide an estimate on some exterior trim work as well as interior painting, repair of walls and removal of wallpaper (one room).

Category interior painters

08/25/2008

Monica L.

My experience with them was good. We really liked the owner that came out to do the estimate. He was on time and professional. He really explained services that he could do, but that we didn't necessarily need, in order to save us some money. He was very thorough in all his information.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us an estimate for some interior and exterior painting.

Category house painters, interior painters

05/05/2006

Chip S.

I would highly recommend Carefree Coatings to anyone.

Description of Work
Carefree Coating painted my brick house in Fort Mill. I found them to be very responsive and professional. Our house was built in the 1950 and had very ugly slick brick. Now we are the talk of the neighborhood. After a great deal of remolding, painting the brink with Carefree coating was the best money we spent.

05/02/2006

MELANIE H.

The product they used was great and owner was honest, very good to work with. The end result was excellent.

Description of Work
Spray-on siding.

Contact