If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Saint Joseph, MO
There are 7 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Saint Joseph
- Taylor Tuckpointing and Brick LayingSuper nice and friendly group of guys! Very prompt, arrived when they said they would! Fit us in same week of quote! Also did some work over and above quoted job, at no extra cost. And entire work area spotlessly cleaned when job was done. Couldn’t be happier with job!
- Taylor Tuckpointing and Brick LayingThe job was completed one week after the initial bid. The three man crew was professional, polite and dog friendly. So far, so good. True test will be the predicted rains due this week from the tropical storm Cristobal
- MIRELLI TUCKPOINTING LLCThey came when they said, charged what they said, and I personally think they did an A+ quality job.
- Taylor Tuckpointing and Brick LayingI hired Taylor's Tuckpointing for a chimney repair and tuckpointing on the stone foundation of my circa 1900s Victorian home. Being the owner of a historic home has its ups and downs. The upside is that you feel like you are preserving a beautiful part of historic architecture. The downside is the endless need for home renovations, upkeep, and repair. Which means my home has been both a burden and a blessing over the last almost 20 years of my life since I took ownership of it. One of the things I almost always hate doing is the hiring process when it comes to finding contractors for all of my projects. And I can tell you that Taylor's Tuckpointing was one of the smoothest transactions I have experienced. From the initial bid, to the hiring, to the completion of the job, it was smooth sailing. I felt the company's quote was honest, that Charles Taylor cared for the project, and that he valued me as a customer. And that is important to me. That he valued me as a customer even though he may have dozens of jobs already lined up. Charles made meetings easy for me: Being a full-time working mama of two little ones, my schedule is packed. But Charles made meetings easy. He worked with my schedule and that was wonderful. And, of course, the work he did looks great. Thanks so much, Charles! Me, my family, and my old house appreciate you and your company! God Bless read less
- Irish ConstructionTony and his crew are expert masons. They work fast and complete projects on time. He is very personable and has good communication skills with clients and his crew. Our house had not had any maintenance on the stone work since it was built. He identified repair needed to preserve the integrity of the stone work and provided us alternatives to choose from in getting it repaired. Tony directed his crew in re-tuckpointing areas in need and made sure that it was excellently done. Our home is now watertight and ready for winter this year and years to come. A woodpecker made a hole in one of the dormers and Tony personally plastered the outside walls. This was indeed something I had hoped to get done and he did a better job than I could have. We appreciate the artistry and skills necessary for his profession. He gave good advice and added some personal touches to the project. Irish Construction was not the lowest bid, nor the highest bid, but the care with which Tony approaches the project makes his bid worth every penny you spend. I will definitely use Irish Construction on any future projects read less
- Kimberlin Construction Co IncGary very prompt reliable and followed through with service when promised. Trustworthy and conscientious. So glad to find him.
- STAN MAUK TUCKPOINTING LLC.Stan went above and beyond. He was very timely and knowledgable. He did what he said he would do and even went beyond that. His workers were friendly, polite and had uniform shirts. Stan had to handle a wacky neighbor and her needs which he did wonderfully. I would definitely recommend his company and use him again with any issues I have. My home is on the historic registry and he made sure to use the correct products, which I so appreciate. I have gotten alot of compliments from neighbors on his work. I wish he painted too, as I have to repaint the home and Im not looking forward to it. All in all, Stan's The Man read less
- HearthMasters IncExcellent! I had six contractors from across the area look at the job. Gene was the only one that accurately diagnosed all the issues prior to demo and appropriately bid the job. Worked very well with the insurance company. Initial bid was roughly double that of of other firms but that was due to the fact he knew what was going to be involved with the job and accuarley communicated that to the insurance adjuster with credibility. Gene was able to take our vision and make it work and had great design ideas as well from an asthetic point and he is extremely focused on safety of the final install. Could not have been more pleased and would have no one in the KC area work on a fireplace other than Gene read less
- CDM ConstructionWe live in a different state, but communication with CDM was excellent. They planned well and the work went smoothly. Previously, they had replaced a roof with the same good results.
- Missouri Masonry & TuckpointingI had three chimneys and one rock foundation repaired. Rich the owner walked me through what was needed. I agreed and had a start date and a finish date. Came on time and finished on time. I was pleased with the quality of the repairs. Reminded me of the craftsmanship the old timers did when they built the foundation. Cleanup was good. A little pricey but this time I feel like got what I paid for read less
Masonry Contractors in Saint Joseph
- Business Description:Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy.. read lessRecent Review:We did a lot of research prior to hiring Thrasher and we were not disappointed. Frankly I had been in denial (and fear) about the work I knew we needed done on our Midtown Omaha home because I was so concerned about the cost and impact on our brick Tudor. We had a crack in the brick near our garage and our basement had been leaking for a number of years with hard rains. From the start of the process, Thrasher was outstanding in terms of communication and education about what they do. Before we met with our Systems Design Specialist, Anthony, we had received e-mails and calls to confirm the date, along with a packet of educational materials about home foundations and waterproofing. When Anthony came to our home, he was very professional and performed a full inspection about our concerns. He prepared an estimate and we selected what was best for us following a thorough review of options he presented. The foundation work was completed first in ONE day. The basement waterproofing was completed the next week over a two-day time frame. The workers were very professional and arrived at the time they arranged with us. In regard to the basement waterproofing, we discovered one small issue. They came out immediately to correct this and all has been worked wonderfully since. We are very pleased with their work and commitment to customer service. Highly recommend Thrasher to anyone considering foundation or waterproofing work read lessBruce H.
- Business Description:Our past projects include both new construction and repairs/restorations. We specialize in Waterproofing Basements, Painting, Concrete,Egress Windows, , Stabilize foundations, Siding etc. We offer an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, on-site organization, and solid, quality handiwork every time. We have worked with homeowners and designers to produce work we think you'll love. Call us today for a Free Estimate read lessRecent Review:The team was prompt and showed up when they said they would. Everyone was very friendly and professional. They cleaned up after themselves and when the job was complete. All of my questions got answered and they were very helpful to understand the process. I am very glad and relieved to have this work finally done, the pricing was reasonable. Thanks to all the team for their hard work and pleasant and professional demeanor. read lessCerah H.
- Business Description:We are a third generation. Family owned & operated. construction/renovation business that services St.Louis County, St. Charles County, Lincoln, Warren and other surrounding areas.Recent Review:Here is the work that they did and how it turned out. Downstairs bathroom Installed tile floor- the tiles shift when you walk on them. Installed new sink- it leaks Installed bidet- it leaks Installed toilet- it is fine now Installed new shower- such low water pressure you can't wash your hair, tile was chipped by them and looks horrible at the valve handle, shower base that they selected and assured me would be tall enough to not leak, leaks profusely, and the fixtures shift because they were not properly attached in the wall Toilet paper roll holder- fell out of the wall Medicine cabinet, light fixture are fine Upstairs bathroom Sink- leaks Medicine cabinet- fine, but when they put it in, they damaged the liner closet and now the shelves won't sit in it Toilet, fine, shower, fine New washer/ dryer hookup- leaked into the wall and may have damaged the subflooring New electrical outlet- they knocked a new hole in a wall doing it but they did repair plaster but not paint. At first I tried to talk to them about these problems, when there were only a few I knew about. Tom argued with me, and repeatedly lied about having fixed or talked to us about it. He is very rude and pretty dismissive once we paid him. I initially said I would not write a review at all, because I wanted them to send the lien waiver and that was the only way to get it, but after finding several problems that we didn't know because they were in the walls, I feel now that I have to write this read lessKelly F.
- Business Description:Honestly Happy Homes, LLC is committed to excellence every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business read lessRecent Review:They did a great job. They were clean, professional, and knew exactly what thy're doing.Ben V.
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of services from building a fence to fixing that leaky faucet to a full renovation or if you want to build a new home we can help . From planing to building we are the full-service company for your home. Ask about out 100% satisfaction guarantee today read lessRecent Review:Randolph Development (D&D Cabinetry) were perhaps the best part of our entire new home construction. Dan and Danielle Randolph were able to see the vision that we had for our home and they gave creative input that made for a very unique set of custom cabinets! They operate with the utmost attention to detail--we are so pleased with the work they've done for us! Not only did they build the cabinets that we wanted, they also took on some "unfinished" projects that we needed for our new home--fixing a set of antique corbels that we wanted to use on our covered back porch, they also converted an antique fireplace mantel into a beautiful built-in book case that is in the center of our home. We have enjoyed every moment of our involvement with this company...so much so, that we have added a few more jobs to their work list! (Wish is was possible to submit photos of the work they've done for us...although I'm not sure photos would do them justice) Call them if you are looking for professionalism, courtesy, attention to detail, unique design, quality construction and materials, and timely work completion read lessTimothy W A.
- Business Description:PolyMagic is the Kansas City area leading concrete repair company. From cracking and sinking to raising and lifting, our expert team utilizes polyurethane (rather than mud) to restore concrete to its original position. We have an excellent technician that our customers rave about, as you can tell from our 60+ 5-star reviews on Google! From larger projects to smaller repairs, PolyMagic is willing to take on both residential and commercial projects of all sizes without the excessive minimums. W.. read lessRecent Review:I really enjoyed the service, professional, kind and explain to me the service.Beverly W.
- Business Description:Sullivan Bros. has over 42 years of experience devoted to working with maintenance, engineering, purchasing and facility managers in resolving corrosion and proper protection problems for industry. We have worked in many major industrial environments including heavy farm assembly operations, food processing, power generating, hotels, municipal surroundings, trucking terminal operations, education, religious and the list goes on, but most important is that our experience means better solutions.. read lessRecent Review:Great quality product. Looked amazingTim K.
- Business Description:GoEcoExteriors is a locally owned full scale contractor located in Ellisville, MO serving the greater St. Louis area. Specializing in all your new construction and home improvement needs. With our full team of qualified tradesmen we're able to offer services which include the repair or replacement of your roof, the installation of a variety of our energy efficient windows and doors, the installation of siding, railings, skylights, soffit, fascia, shutters, gutters, gutter screens, decking, fe.. read lessRecent Review:I am highly disappointed with GoEcoExterior, a local construction company in the Ellisville area, and recommend that consumers think twice before hiring them. They pass themselves off as an experienced and highly rated company, but that is highly suspect. Do not be fooled by their polished website. I paid them a considerable amount of money only to be treated as a low priority once they received the final payment and became a victim of their smooth talking sales pitch and poor customer service. On August 13, 2019, I signed a contract to install nine replacement windows and siding on my primary dwelling, which is less than 1,000 square feet. As of today, there is still unfinished work, although I paid them in full in November 2019. In my opinion, their office staff is incompetent, and some of the worse I have ever witnessed. They are prompt in collecting money and providing excuses. The length of time it has taken them to perform these two tasks has been highly unreasonable and disrupted to my family. And their lack of empathy and unwillingness to remedy the problems encountered during this entire period is deplorable and inexcusable, which is now entering the fifth month. The only thing that has been timely is collecting payments. In late October, they installed the windows in one day, but the siding has taken over three months. Once they received the full amount in November, the work lost momentum and slowed down to a snail's pace one to days a week on average. There has been no activity since January 7, 2020. And there is still some minor unfinished work, i.e., completing window trim, shutters installation, replacement of a window that was ordered in error, and clean up and hauling a large amount of debris away from the backyard and driveway. I last spoke to Jennifer on January 24 asking for a completion date, got more excuses, and there's been no more communication from her as to the status. As a result, I have filed a formal complaint with the Missouri Attorney General Office because I no longer trust them and suspect that they have done this to others. Overall, I was pleased with the work done by the siding installers, but those who work in the office are incompetent. There were several weeks that they refused to schedule the workers without providing any reason. They used poor weather as an excuse. However, had they scheduled earlier when the weather was mild, they would have avoided the bad weather. My husband is a Vietnam veteran, entirely blind, and a survivor of two strokes so I have had to undertake this ordeal without his assistance. We are both in our 70s. I honestly believe they have no regard for taking advantage of seniors since receiving full payment. And now we appear to have been placed on their low priority list. Sadly, the unjust treatment my family has earned through this entire process from the management is unconscionable. I highly advise anyone reading this post not to waste their money and to hire a reputable company read lessCarolyn J.
- Business Description:Epik Construction has a long history of completing projects that exceed customer expectations. We take special care in each and every detail with your budget and goal in mind. From custom work to simple installation jobs - Epik Construction has a service to fit your needs. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how your dreams can become a reality with EPIK read lessRecent Review:Not well. They showed up the first day without the plan and proceeded to install the cabinets incorrectly. Had to redo them twice to get it right. Cabinets were installed at the wrong height, 1/2 lower than the stove. One cabinet door was installed with the wrong hinges. The correct ones were in one of the boxes. Seam in granite counter top is quite noticeable near back of counter. Counter instructions called for the molding at the top of the cabinets to be installed before the cabinets are mounted. They did not do that and never it was not possible to install it later. Microwave door would only open 1/4 of the way as it was hitting the cabinet door. While moving the refrigerator back into the kitchen, they dropped it and damaged a section of my hardwood flooring read lessBruce S.
- Business Description:A small hometown company. We specialize in complete lawn care, storm clean up, yard clean up, light handyman work, light landscaping, light hauling, snow removal, snow plow services, firewood, gutter cleaning and gutter screen installation, and general labor. We provide services of all kind's designed to fit your wallet. All estimates are free. S&D Lawn Services has ben in business for 4 years. The company is owner operated with on call employees 24/7. Payment methods include all major credit.. read lessRecent Review:S&D lawn services originally bid me $10,500 for a retaining wall. After the work was started, they ended up eventually billing me $15,288.91, which was almost $5,000 over (50% over) his initial bid. In addition to the retaining wall, I hired Scott to also dig out a water line, place some drain tile, plant grass at my house, and dig some trampoline holes. This was an additional charge of $4,828.26. The total we were billed for EVERYTHING was $20,617.17. The first complaint I have is the water line job. Not only did he place the line incorrectly/not deep enough, but he lied to me about it and changed his story multiple times once most of the 200 feet was already buried and he was caught. When I confronted Scott about the water line not being deep enough, he did not own up to the mistake. He first tried to say that it was no big deal because he could just put insulating wrap around it and it would be fine. He then tried to claim that the shallow water line was MY FAULT. He claimed that I told him to grade the property and shave a foot off the depth of my soil after the water line was placed. This claim is false, but even if it was true, HE SHOULD HAVE REFUSED to grade the property WITHOUT TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE RISKS because it would have made the water line too shallow. There is no way I would have consented to a grading job if I knew it was going to cause my water line to freeze. The second complaint I will mention is the rental equipment. Scott rented equipment for weeks at a time, and many days that equipment just sat on our property unused. He later complained about the equipment rental costs and that I needed to give more money to cover it. This is one main reason why I had to pay significantly over the initial bid. The third complaint I have has to do with S&D’s professionalism at times. Scott raised his voice at me multiple times over phone, and even hung up on my wife one day when she asked him to keep one of his appointments. He would commit to working on certain dates/times, would not show up, and would not communicate as to why he didn’t show. Lastly, I have concerns over the competence in this company if the scope of the work is beyond lawn and tree work. As mentioned above, he didn't put in the water line to code, but he also wasn't backfilling the wall correctly either. In both cases I had to have another contractor tell me how to fix the problem. I ended up paying a total of $18,669.60 for S&D's jobs, and not a single one of the projects that I paid them for was ever completed. After almost four months of waiting, I had to just pay other people to finish everything. It was an incredible loss of time and money for me read lessLance C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
Find masonry contractors in
- King City
- Fort Leavenworth
- Platte City
- Mound City
masonry contractors in Saint Joseph
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Absolute Improvement1405 East Grand Ave
- ALL-N-ALL CONSTRUCTION, LLCPO Box 77
- AR Complete Anything Goes30892 MO-86
Eagle Rock, Missouri
- Area Wide Electrical Services215 W 12th St
- Arrowood Residential Construction6320 Pamela Drive
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Absolute Improvement
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- BOHOT BRICK RESTORATION1525 S 9th St
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES
- Epik Construction & Remodeling69 Progress Ct
Moscow Mills, Missouri
- Epik Construction & Remodeling
- GoEcoExteriors.com580 Old State Rd
- HOME PRO3271 N MAIN ST RD
- HOME PRO
- KING MASONRY1824 N 3rd St
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- KING MASONRY
- Leading Edge Enterprises 12530 Westridge Rd
- Leading Edge Enterprises
- Terbrock Remodeling & Construction200 Cuivre Point Ln
Moscow Mills, Missouri
- The Handiman Service2305 St Joseph Ave
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Thrasher Omaha 11844 Valley Ridge Dr
La Vista, Nebraska
- TreadStone Guttering & Exteriors LLC383 Deer Trail Dr
- Triton Restoration2867 Se Barnett Rd
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Terbrock Remodeling & Construction
- Wayne's Construction69 Kins Domain
- Wayne's Construction