Core Design Build LLP

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2012

4805 14th Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55417

We are a full service design, construction and project management company. We work with many subcontractors and suppliers, allowing us to manage varying sizes of project and insuring that they come in on budget and on time. Our company spends a lot of time on the estimating so the client has a

02/16/2018

Derek N.

I should start by saying that I am not impressed easily by something that should be done right when I am paying for it! with that being said, Core design build came in and took measurements and came up with a design that was amazing. the first thing that I noticed was the communication. They were amazing on getting back to me with possible changes tot he design that would enhance our space and they really focused on keeping it in budget. After the design and preliminary stuff was completed and signed they started work. WOW! They had been tasked with putting in an egress window and they put it in almost last so that they could remove all the garbage from the basement. 2 plumbing stacks had to be moved they had to tear up the floor to do that. drywall removed, walls taken out. The expert efficiency that this team used was AMAZING. The constant contact with me to provide updates was better than I could have expected. They even cared about not messing up my grass. (most people just think that it is expected when you do a remodel project that there will be some lawn casualties). I was dug in expecting months of tragically living through a remodel. This team of professionals is just that "Professional". the whole project was completed almost on time. it was late a bit due to the fact that a piece got damaged in transport and it was being remade instead of just dealing with it. Cabinets, plumbing, drywall, paint, deconstruction and construction, I could not have hoped for a better experience with a finer group of contractors. (This includes Subs)

Description of Work
we had a remodel of our basement done. The space was really unusable and there was no place for a family room or any room for the kids, friends, and family to hang out.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, basement remodeling

02/08/2017

Lynne F.

Great! Had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, but Chad helped some with design and ProSource also assisted in the choice of tile for the shower and flooring. Cabinetry completed by Paulson Brothers Woodworks. Ferguson supplied the plumbing fixtures. Minnesota Tile and Stone supplied the cabinet tops. Workers on time and responsive to concerns/requests. Chad and Corey always available by phone, text or email. When things slowed down due to the schedule of the sub-contractors, Chad & Corey would fill in as able to keep things moving along. A little slower than expected due to the high volume time of year, but otherwise all went quite well.

Description of Work
Had used this contractor and Devane Designs to rennovate my kitchen and family room in 2015. Most recently, had my master bath renovated. Also assistance on the full bath, of which my husband did at least part of the work.

05/30/2016

Mary Ann T.

The team went above and beyond all my expectations. When they said they would be there at 8, they were there at 8! Professional, polite, respectful, quality workmanship. They paid Attention to every detail, from the color of the outlets to the placement of drawer pulls They covered all work areas and cleaned up promptly when finished Chad was flexible with my changing ideas, and kept me up to date on costs. I could not be happier, my kitchen is da bomb! thanks Core Design

Description of Work
Chad and crew made my dream kitchen a reality. Enameled all, and glassed in some of kitchen cupboards Enameled kitchen Windows and sliding glass doors, painted kitchen Modified kitchen counter Put in water and gas line from basement to kitchen Vented stove to outside Tiled backsplash,above cupboard, behind desk, and below counter . Added lighting around and under cabinets, moved and modified kitchen outlets Put in microwave,sink and facet

03/19/2016

Laurel C.

Chad and Corey were wonderful to work with, and our kitchen turned out amazing. Their service was impeccable, respectful, and honest. They did a lot of work themselves so there weren't thousands of subcontractors walking through our house, and whenever a sub was here, they were too. We received really good advice and ideas, and overall it was just a pleasure despite being without a kitchen for a few months! Did I mention our kitchen is fabulous?

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation - gut job, wall removal, new cabinets, new floors, new windows

11/28/2015

Lynne F.

Design work was done by Devane Design, but Core Design Build, LLC did the work or had sub-contractors do the specialty areas of our kitchen/family room remodel. The whole process starting with the design from Devane Design to (almost) completion has gone extremely well. Both owners are pleasant, respectful, available and responsive to requests and questions. When a sub-contractor was promised at a certain time on a certain day they actually showed up as promised. Well planned and organized and finished in the promised time frame.

Description of Work
Kitchen/family room remodel. This Core Design Build completes the design of Devane Design. Obtains the materials and most of the sub-contractors. And does much of the work themselves. (Cabinet maker was contracted through Devane Design.)

08/09/2015

Richard G.

Because of prior outstanding work they had done for us, Core Design Build was contacted immediately upon a leak developing from our refrigerator's water line. They promptly came out and closed off the water line to the refrigerator (not as easy as it might seem because it involved more than just turning the valve on thee line that ran to the refrigerator). They then assessed the damage and worked tirelessly with our insurance appraiser to reach agreement on what needed to be done. This went smoothly in part because of the thoroughness of Chad and Corey's evaluation of the situation. Although we purchased the replacement appliances, they made sure that the installation was done right and corrected any errors in the installation. For example, as it was done before they looked at it, the new installation of the water line connection to the refrigerator was likely once again to leak. This got fixed. They then advised us on what type of flooring to get and where was the best place to get it. They were especially concerned with the quality of the flooring and its overall durability, while keeping in mind our desire for minimized maintenance. Next, they fixed the sub-flooring where it was needed. Following this, at our request (since they had to move it anyway), they rotated our center island 90 degrees. They then supervised the installation of the flooring by a subcontractor. Being the perfectionists that they are, the job was done excellently and their advice paid off. We love our floor.

Description of Work
We had suffered serious water damage in our kitchen and in appliances due to a malfunctioning water heater. The provider oversaw and the repairs, and performed many of the installations itself.

06/09/2015

Ann M H.

We had the pleasure to meet Chad Stamps and Corey Robideau, of Core Design / Build LLP, through our designer, Chantal, of Devane Design. We hired Chantal to help guide us through the remodel and redesign of our outdated 80's oak kitchen, and Chad and Corey were part of her constuction team. As the weeks rolled on, we discovered what a great team this really was. They started and ended our project on time, were extremely courteous of our home, our schedules, and our lives. Any questions, or concerns, we had were addressed honestly and directly, and attended to immediately. This really impressed us, because we knew we were not their only client, yet they made us feel like we were. They are both very skilled craftsman who take lots of pride in their work. They smoothly transformed our dated space into an amazing and beautiful space that we love. It's been our pleasure to work with them, and we will welcome the chance to work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Transformed our outdated 80's oak kitchen into a beautiful space we love!

06/02/2015

Cynthia F.

Before I closed on the purchase of my house I asked this contractor to come out and see what the job would entail and to provide me with an estimate. I also asked the representative to take a look at some key things about the house as I wanted an additional reassurance about some things over and above the typical home inspection. The actual contractor (there are two of them who own this business and do the work) came out. They did not send some person who sits behind most of the day. This is the person who is going to do the work! This was important to me because I would never have purchased the home if the kitchen and bath could not be remodeled before I moved into the house. I was up front about what I was able to pay and the contractor showed me how I could get a nice finish on both rooms within my budget. They were fully booked with jobs when I contacted them but they still began work on my home within a week after I closed. I was well coached on where to go for good materials such as cabinetry, flooring, granite, etc. The contractors have a great reputation with suppliers. In fact, one supplier likes working with this contractor so much that I was able to get a major upgrade in my granite because they wanted to continue to work with this contractor. My home is older (1941). The kitchen and bath had never been remodeled so it was a mystery as to what they might find behind the walls that could drive the cost. The contractors are both heavily experienced and knew what to expect and disclosed upfront what could potentially be revealed. One thing was the bathtub. They were concerned about it not being in the best shape and they were right. They tried to save it but they counseled me well by telling me the potential cost of the replacement would be if I did it later. In any case, what was important to me was that they gave me the opportunity to make the decision instead of making it for me. This I appreciated and again it helped me to stay within budget. I did buy a new bath tub and I am glad I did. Given that the home is older, houses were made better back in those days. When they went to remove the tiles from walls in the bathroom they were on there so tight that they had to take some of the wall which meant more time and product but they didn't charge me for it. They helped me with the design of both rooms which was important. Because I was on a fixed budget they showed me how to save money with the style of flooring purchased. Since I was able to save money they encouraged me to consider in-floor heating in the kitchen which was important because my heat vent was up high. In-floor heating keeps my kitchen toasty in the winter, it is cheap and my gas bills were lower. Good thinking! Glad I did it! I used basic white subway tiles for the bathroom but we added some nice "bling" in the design so it wouldn't be boring and basic. They were able to recreate a design for my backsplash in the kitchen which turned out to be really nice and more affordable than I had planned. I saved working with them and because of this I was able to replace all of my kitchen appliances except for the refrigerator. You never realize the value of a bathroom until it is remodeled. I get so many compliments on it. The only thing I regret about the kitchen is that when I entertain I can't get people out of it! It is the highlight of the house. Core Design Build LLP are professionals and are now like family to me. They successfully completed my mother's kitchen as well. They stand behind their work. If ever I have a concern they are there for me. Communication with them is great! Texting may not be as professional to some but it allowed me to keep things moving when I was selecting materials and when I had questions. It also helped me help them to keep things moving on their end as well. This is truly a top flight company. I have a 1,000 square foot second level to be finished. You can rest assured I will be calling them. There is a reason why they get so much repeat business. I look forward to working with them again! This is an organization to trust!

Description of Work
Completely gutted my kitchen and bathroom and remodeled it to a complete finish.

03/15/2015

Julie C.

The entire experience with Chad and Corey of Core Design Build, and their equally outstanding sub-contractors, significantly exceeded my expectations across every aspect of their work. They exemplify the very best in quality craftsmanship, product, price point, and professionalism. Through design, demolition, construction, and finishing, all details were seamlessly planned, timed, coordinated, and communicated with minimal downtime, thoroughness of home preparation and clean up throughout, and both respectful and efficient in need to work around several restrictions & challenges unique to both the neighborhood and my home. Individually and as a team their impeccable integrity, strong work ethic, uncompromising quality workmanship, attention to style, product, price point, and detail were extraordinary. The resulting master bath transformation is timeless in both style and quality. Core Design Build was recommended by Devane Design who provided the remarkable interior design elements of the transformation. Working together these two firms delighted at every turn and brought strong style, execution, and quality to the entire project. Core Design Build is simply the best in the business and will be my go to build team for all future projects.

Description of Work
Partners Chad Stamps and Corey Robideau of Core Design Build LLP provided high quality architectural design, construction & fine finishing execution, and project management to a complete remodel of a large master bath and a retool of a small laundry room.

Category remodeling, architect, home remodeling

11/03/2014

edward O.

Fantastic. Knowledgable, friendly and expensive but you get what you pay for. I would strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of kitchen, dining room and living room. They did use some subcontractor for some of the work.

Category remodeling

10/31/2014

Pam M.

They were just great. Very nice people, did very meticulous work, I would highly recommend them. My kitchen is drop dead gorgeous. They were all such nice people that you wish they were your friends! As for the cost of their services, I have left it blank because I don't wish to share that.

Description of Work
Gutted and remodeled my kitchen

09/15/2014

Jessica M.

The estimate was anywhere between $30,000-$50,000. A coworker recommended them. The interaction was excellent and their ideas were really good. The price was a little more than I was expecting. I would consider using them if I had enough money.

Description of Work
They came out for an estimate for a lower level remodel.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

04/18/2013

Gwen F.

They are excellent and friendly. They do acceptionally good work. They are laid back and easy to work with. My daughter is also using them, and a friend referred them to me.

Description of Work
They are remodeling my kitchen.

11/24/2012

Jeff B.

Naturally, the first step was demolition of the existing master bath, which involved cutting into the sheetrock for plumbing and electrical access, as well as removal of existing pedestal sinks, mirrors, and shelving. They did a great job keeping the mess to a minimum. Installation of the cabinets was next, followed by the vanity. Chad and Corey did a great job coordinating with the plumber and electrician so that there was minimal down time (other than the inevitable during any project). The mirrors were custom cut, so there was orchestration involved there too, and it all seemed seamless. Tile followed, then finally lights (yea!). The final piece was to install the cabinet hardware, and adjust all the doors and drawers. Sounds small, but to see how meticulous they were would give you an idea of what perfectionists these guys are. FINALLY, we had a unique situation where we had a walk-in closet with no door. The opening was non-standard size, and our designer had chosen a product that Core Design hadn't dealt with before (in fact, the door company doesn't do much residential work, so this was uncharted territory for the most part). Chad had MULTIPLE phone and email conversations with the door rep so that we got exactly what we needed, it fit perfectly, and looks great.

Description of Work
Installation of custom cabinets in guest bath. Master bath included installation of custom cabinets, vanity, mirrors/tile from vanity top to ceiling, and all related plumbing, electrical and hardware. Walk-in closet door installation.

10/24/2012

Val H.

They were fantastic and I will never hire another contractor but them in the future. They are very meticulous and treat your house as if it was their own. Overall experience is an A+++++++++++++++++

Description of Work
Core Design LLC did our remodeling, which included tearing out walls, removing and rebuilding a brand new staircase, installing all new white trim throughout the house, doing a knock down ceiling, installing recessed lighting.....

10/11/2012

Gwen F.

Everything has gone very well. I like this company because they listen and give advice. They offer valuable suggestions and are very dependable. I have no worries about them when they are in my house. They are conscientious and pleasant to work with. I base what I like about this company on the high quality of work and their ability to be personable with their clients. Their work ethic is very good.

Description of Work
They came out to remodel my kitchen.

EZ Home Solutions

Here at EZ Home Solutions, we have over 16 years of experience delivering quality and excellence as a general contractor. We specialize in the replacements, and renovations of residential exteriors such as roofing, siding, and windows. In addition to our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, our company is a five-star rated business known for its dedication to superior service and customer satisfaction. From consumer protection and training excellence, to city heritage preservation awards — we are an award-winning company with numerous Top 200 national accolades under our belt. We believe in selfless service and building lasting relationships with our customers. This means that when you work with us, we treat your home as if it were our own. You can trust that we'll never cut corners and always advocate for materials and practices with your family's safety in mind. To back our claims, we warranty our work for a lifetime. Rest "EZ" knowing that your home is in our hands. MN LIC. #BC657434 | WI LIC. #DC-060900059

2022 Super Service Award

Twin Cities Siding Professionals

Take $2,500 Off your siding project in celebration of our 25th Anniversary! Click DEALS to claim the offer (terms and conditions apply). At Twin Cities Siding Professionals, our goal is to help homeowners improve the value, beauty, and comfort of their homes by providing them with a wide range of quality contracting services. We use only the highest quality materials and most advanced installation techniques. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Remodeler, we are experts in the installation of America’s #1 siding brand. Minneapolis and St. Paul homeowners know to turn to Twin Cities Siding Professionals for the design and installation of top of the line James Hardie fiber cement siding. More than just a siding company, we also specialize in Marvin Windows & Doors. We are proud to partner with Marvin as an Authorized Replacement Contractor. Additionally, we offer Brock White manufactured stone, Azek decking, and both interior and exterior painting services. The experience that our customers have with our company means the world to us. That is why we strive to provide superior customer service, keeping an open line of communication between the homeowner, the project manager, and the crew working on the project. Whether you need siding in St. Paul, windows in Minneapolis, or a deck in Minnetonka, we will be at your service, with a smile on our face, and your best interests at heart. License # BC752041.

2022 Super Service Award

American Building Contractors Inc

American Building Contractors (ABC) has been helping Homeowners, Property Managers and Board Members since 1998 with their roofing, siding, windows and gutter needs. We believe in always putting the wants, needs and concerns of our customers first. Our team is committed to delivering on our promise of safety and respect for you, your time and your property. We appreciate "It's Not Just a House...It's Your Home!" Our Insurance Restoration Services Department helps our customers before, during and after mother nature strikes, with understanding the claims process to complete restoration. ABC's headquarters is in Burnsville, MN and we are licensed to do business in 44 states. Our regional offices are in Illinois and Florida.

Check, Financing Available

We offer comprehensive design, construction and project management services focusing on all aspects of residential design, construction, remodeling as well as small commercial build outs. We also work with both designers and owners who are looking for construction services as well as offer design services for owners who are working with other contractors. Our services can also include project feasibility and consulting.

While we are equipped to handle larger scale commercial projects we choose not to offer this as part of our services. We also tend not to take on most “handyman” type” projects.