CenterPoint Energy Home Service Plus

Founded 1930 • With Angi since April 2012

For more than 80 years, CenterPoint Energy Home Service Plus (HSP) has been providing Minnesotans with the peace of mind knowing their home appliance and repair and maintenance needs are in trusted hands. Generations of Minnesota homeowners have also turned to CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus to purchase replacement heating and cooling equipment, and have trusted us to deliver fast water heater replacement. We feature top quality brands with the strongest warranties available, and offer expert repair on both gas and electric appliances. As the state’s leading repair and maintenance and replacement equipment provider, you can count on us for expert advice, top quality repair, and professional installation. So, call us when you need to purchase equipment or need prompt, emergency replacement. We’re here to help....

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
CHAMPION GARAGE DOORS

At Champion Garage Doors we pride ourselves on quality and reliable timely service to Minnesota residents. We seperate ourselves from our competitors being that our background is from both the manufacturing and service side of the garage door business. This allows us to have a better overall complete knowledge and understanding of how to most effectively and efficiently solve all your garage door needs. In addition, when it comes to a new door purchase we have the expertise to walk you through the whole process step by step to make sure your satisfied with the end result. Give us a call for a free estimate on a new door or any service needs you may be encountering. We handle the entire twin city area and all surrounding areas. We accept all major credit cards. We do repairs and installations 7 days a week on YOUR schedule. Free in home estimates. Same day service

Offers by CHAMPION GARAGE DOORS on Angi
Precision Garage Door Twin Cities

Precision Garage Door Service is a leading provider of residential garage door services, including installation, repairs, and design. Our team supports households across the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin, delivering the outstanding customer service our customers trust and deserve. Precision Twin Cities was opened by Tom and Kristi Hartmon and Craig and Erica Amundson, four life-long friends with a passion for supporting their local communities. We’re proud to bring many years of experience in the technical and business arenas to offer the best experience and results for our valued customers.

Offers by Precision Garage Door Twin Cities	 on Angi

11/16/2021

NO CALL NO SHOW NO FIX times 2 appointments Heat and/or hot water would be nice in Minnesota cold weather, but nope because Centerpoint energy HSP doesn't even show up for scheduled appointments. When you call and try to talk to customer service, customer service supervisors they will treat you incredibly disrespectfully and treat you as if you are the problem and the company not showing up or even contacting you after you wait around for hours for them. They will take your money every month for 10 years, but when you need them, they don't show up and they don't notify. No called and no showed me for the last 2 appointments! Save your money!!!! Go someplace else that will respond and do what they have been paid for and not just screw over customers that need heat and hot water but don't have because Centerpoint does not show up for appointments let alone actually fix something.

Description of Work
Boiler Repair

11/05/2021

They wanna sell furnace on me. I'm not so happy for the pricing that they gave.

Description of Work
replace a water heater

11/03/2020

Centerpoint Energy's Home Service Plus service used to be decent, but not anymore. Five times over the past two years HSP has been needed weeks to get out to repair AC or furnace issues. They have multiple times rescheduled or simply cancelled appointments at the last minute without any reasonable explanation. And they have begun to have SIX HOUR service windows that require us to be available all day. What is the point of paying a monthly service amount if the service is unavailable or so far out into the future we will freeze to death by the time they get their crap together to come out. DO NOT BOTHER PAYING FOR HOME SERVICE PLUS. It is a SCAM.

Description of Work
Furnace and AC Repair

Category air duct cleaning

10/30/2020

While performing a routine furnace check-up in late October, the Centerpoint technician accidentally left the furnace cover ajar so that the furnace would not run after he left. This was not the problem, the mistake could happen to anyone. But what happened next was inexcusable. Even though the temperature was below FREEZING Centerpoint would not return for FOUR DAYS. Instead they dropped off two TINY 1500 watt electric heaters. with only enough heat for two rooms and would have allowed our pipes to freeze. Centerpoint REFUSED TO ESCALATE the call. They put our needs behind customers needing routine service. We had to call another service company.

Description of Work
Furnace quit after routine cleaning

10/26/2020

I called about getting service on a forced air heater gas heater in my garage. I assumed that since they are a gas company that would be something they can handle. The first appointment available was the next Wednesday--a week away. Due to work obligations I asked for the Friday following that. So they now had over a week's notice. The day of the service nobody showed up. I waited all day. I didn't get a single call. Just no service. I called customer service late in the day and they told me that someone was still on the way. I called again later and they said nobody was coming. So I re-scheduled for the next Monday. Keep in mind, like most people, I have a job and have to work during the days. I thought after completely missing the first appointment then they would make me a priority the next day. But I was wrong. No call. No show. Again. It's ridiculous. How can anyone run a business this poorly? I would cancel my gas service with them but unfortunately there are no other local options. It sucks to be mistreated by someone who has a monopoly.

Description of Work
Scheduled an appointment and didn't show up--TWICE

10/22/2020

It took Centetpoint 3 weeks to get a timer for our dryer. I personally called the Speed Queen manufacturer and was told the part was in stock and could be shipped overnight. Centerpoint indicated they needed to order the part in order for it to be covered. Yup... 3 weeks. When the part arrived, I called to set up the appointment for the install. I was told to expect them from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on the day scheduled but the technician never showed up. Now it is rescheduled from 8 to 4 for another day. This is really poor service. This mess follows my call for a furnace repair. It took them 8 days to come out for a diagnosis. This is not even reasonable. BEWARE!!! I think they have accepted too many customers in their service plus program and cannot keep up.

Description of Work
Timer replaced in clothes dryer

09/15/2020

I am a senior citizen and I pay a high price as a Centerpoint Energy Plus Service customer. When my dishswasher was broken, I called for service. I was informed over the phone that my dishwasher repair was not deemed "essential" last July. I was told to call a number and order the part to install it myself.

Description of Work
The top rack of my dishwasher had broken parts.

09/15/2020

Not well. I had an appointment for a time slot between 8:00 AM and noon. That appointment suddenly was extended in the system at noon (with no notification) to 4:00 PM. Then, it was rescheduled for a week later, again with no notification. I had to seek out the info myself. A week later, I was informed that the water line is not a covered item. Now, why didn't they tell me that over the phone when I scheduled the appointment? I am a senior citizen and I pay $80 a month as a Centerpoint Energy Plus Service customer. Never again!

Description of Work
Ice maker/water line stopped working

07/14/2020

In the midst of a heat wave, the earliest service appointment possible was 9 days out. I did not want to live in a 90+ degree humid house with young children for that time, so I found a repair person directly who had it fixed within an hour. If you have HSP and need to pursue another repair person, get authorization from HSP ahead of the service call if you want them to even partially reimburse you. I'm fuming mad that I've paid the monthly premium for 6 months already, they couldn't actually provide service in a timely manner, and are now telling me it's my fault they can't reimburse me. I've canceled this plan. Horrible value and service.

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair

07/07/2020

I've been a Home Service Plus customer for 20+ years now. I have my home, and two rental properties covered under the HSP program. For many years I would say they had given me excellent service, however in the last few years I have noticed service lead times get longer and longer. This past winter one of my renters had to wait several days for the furnace repair, and the technician missed the first scheduled appointment window. Yesterday I called to schedule a repair to my furnace (A/C) blower fan, and the soonest repair appointment they had available was Thursday (3 days wait time). I have issued complaints in the past, and yesterday I requested to speak with a supervisor, but nearly 24 hours later I have not heard back from a supervisor. Sadly, HSP is not the quality service plan it once was, and it has me shopping for another service provider for all three of my properties.

Description of Work
Home Service Plus repair program subscriber

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Home Appliance Repair & Maintenance on your hardest working large appliances. Includes furnace, boiler, air conditioner, washer and dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, range, stove, water heater, and water softener.

Plumbing, electrical, small appliances like microwaves

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing