Bachman's Inc

Founded 1885 • With Angi since September 2001

4.4

Floral, Gift, Garden Centers, Landscape, Commercial Plant Leasing, Wholesale Center, Greenhouses, Floral Specialties / Special Events. 1000 employees. Sometimes uses subs for labor in landscape-related work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. No extra charge for after hours service. Additional phone #: (612)861-7655. Additional contacts: Daryl Melquist & Cheryl Dejarlais. Additional email: dmelquist@bachmans.com. Additional fax #: (612)861-7747 & (612)861-7745. DBA: Cedar Acres Landscape & Garden Center, Bachman's Nursery Wholesale, Flowers by Bachman's, and Bachman Floral Home & Garden Centers....

J’s Rain Drains

J's Rain Drains installs drain pipes (tile) from gutter down spouts and sump pump outlets to divert the water away from your homes foundation. We have the unique ability to bore under the sidewalk to install the tile. We never lift a section up. J's always uses a catch basin in our instillation so that the down spout will not blow out in the back from ice build-up. We also address water issues in other areas as well. We use golf course quality Rain Bird products to ensure the best results.

Diversified Drainage

Diversified Drainage is a full service drainage company, providing solutions for ponding water, soft or saturated soil, excessive patio or deck post heaving due to freezing in winter, waterproofing foundations to stop water infiltration. There are usually 5-6 Employees working during the season including the 2 owners who have 30 plus years of combined experience in drainage solutions. The scope of our job size on the smaller scale is $1000.00 and up as we use mostly specialized equipment and trained employees our mobilization costs are at the least a few hundred dollars. We may sub-contract out services that others are better able to perform than us in some situations like patching asphalt, underground boring, and bolder landscape walls. All payments are due upon completion and generally will collect payment onsite. For special promotions and financing options ask your rep.

Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

05/15/2017

Very well. All my questions were answered. People are helpful and also make suggestions.

Description of Work
I made plant purchases at Bachman's.

Category florists,landscaping

05/27/2016

Terrible. Initially, it started off great. I made a call and they were able to meet with me right away on the next business day. Deb explained what they could do for me and the pricing. She said she would need me to return a signed form to her that she would email to me as soon as she could. And that's where it ended. I have emailed Deb probably two times and I have called her two times. I have em...

Description of Work
I didn't use Bachman's because I never heard back from after they initially came out to meet with me. I wanted them to put mulch down, weed, and eventually, get my gardens a little more under control. Now, 3.5 weeks later, I am giving up on them and am posting this negative review.

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch

03/06/2015

Outdoor lighting was done well and continues to operate as planned. Retaining wall developed some loose stones. Despite repeated emails and Bachman's assertion that they would come out and look at my problem they never did follow up. I finally gave up trying to get them to at least take a look at the problem.

Description of Work
Outdoor lighting, retaining wall installation

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

01/28/2015

It went really well. I did one of those DIY landscaping plans so I went with somebody and paid them an hourly fee to work on the plan, but she was really great and flexible as far as me wanting to make plan changes or changes in the design. If there was a particular part that I didn't like or didn't want, she provided recommendations. I will work with her again to continue to add to the plan.

Description of Work
Bachman's Inc. did landscape removal, a plan, and an ad.

Category landscaping

12/10/2014

Very professional services. Plan to use them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

11/16/2014

Final product is good, and working with the people contracted to install the sod and watering system was good, but working with the Bachman's rep was painful: poor skills in communication and setting expectations. Meeting cancelled two hours before time set; unable to follow through on agreements (which plants to remove, which to keep; placement of replacement for plant wrongly removed; method of payment). Worse still: no independent follow up from Bachman's on customer satisfaction... They don't seem to care about consistent presentation of their services.

Description of Work
Resod yard and install irrigation system

Category landscaper","irrigation system installer

10/21/2014

Very good. Staff is helpful.

Description of Work
Helped with plant questions and selection

Category landscaper

09/17/2014

John Stadelman, landscape designer, is the best! He listens well and is very responsive to our questions and concerns. He made sure that we understood everything and was extremely prompt and helpful in getting back to us with answers to our many questions. The resulting design and installation is very attractive and we love it. John was very honest and we always felt like he was looking out for us. The crews that did the work were all polite and hardworking. It was a very good experience - I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Design a plan to completely re-do our yard, then install all, including new fencing, plants, hardscape.

Category landscaper","hardscaper

08/21/2014

We purchased a home. The previous owners were gardners and had extensive and beautiful landscaping. My wife and I simply can't keep up with it. Bachmans come's out every two weeks to weed, trim, deadhead, mulch, and generally maintain the beds. They do spring and fall clean up as well. They work on an hourly basis. The quality of the work is excellent. They are friendly and responsive. The hourly rate may seem high at first, but they get more done in one hour then my wife and I can do in an afternoon and it ends up being a bargain. LOVE THEM!

Description of Work
They maintain very extensive landscaping beds at our home. This is ongoing. Have used them for over 5 years.

Category landscaper","mulch delivery service

07/21/2014

Shopping at Bachman's Lyndale is always a treat! One of the garden center employees was as knowledgeable or helpful as we would have like, but others were. The variety, quality and quantity of plant is amazing, and signage to educate about caring for plants helpful. Specifically - the problems with impatiens this year and treating with Copper Fungicide.

Description of Work
Garden supplies and annuals for beds and pots.

Category landscaper","greenhouse

Florist, weddings & event design, green & blooming plants, gifts, home decor, garden center, annuals, perennials, shrubs, fountains, bird baths, fertilizer, pest deterrents, garden art, weber grills, commercial & residential landscape design & installation, patios, walls, water gardens, garden maintenance, plant leasing, christmas descorations, trimmings, real & permanent trees & collectibles.

Snow removal.