If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in International Falls, MN
There are 1 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in International Falls
- Complete Building SolutionsI found myself in a very difficult first time home builder situation that took a very serious turn for the worse with a negligent contractor. I needed an expert's analysis for what I was being told was, "totally normal on new builds". Essentially, the poorest of quality in construction, many code violations, significant damage to the structure, and zero regard for my concerns. That's when I turned to CBS. I spoke with Rob on the phone who gave me the utmost confidence in using CBS. He had his crew, Curt and Bruce, on-site in just a few days. No small task considering the project is in central MN. I had the initial report emailed to me the day after inspection, confirming my concerns through a very detailed, and thorough analysis, siting specific code violations and building standards. CBS does great work, super friendly and easy to talk to. They listen to your concerns, and address them accordingly. Definitely a team you can trust. A++
Structural Engineers in International Falls
- Business Description:Innovative Basement Authority, founded in 2005, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Fargo, ND, Rush City, MN, and Minneapolis, MN. Innovative Basement Authority is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and..Recent Review:Workers were friendly and knowledgeable. Job done quickly. Remote temperature sensors I placed under the home show today a temp of 59 with the outide temp in the low 30's. It will be interesting to see what the temps are when the outside temps go to zero and lower. There was no hard sell for the service as I had from a local providerRobert D.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Expert House Movers brought a crew of 6-8 & came in late August 2013 to start the process of raising & moving the house. My husband had done all the prep work of disconnecting the utilities & removing the furnace, etc. They dug access ramps to the old foundation/basement with bobcats. They poked good sized holes around the foundation so they could put in steel beams and jack up the house. Our foundation was from 1917 & built from old creek gravel cement, so it was pretty tough. It took three & half days to jack the house & move it over the driveway. It seemed really fast to me. The only thing to fall in the house was a picture off the piano. We still had access to the house through a tall ladder to get clothes, etc. that we needed. <br /> We took over the process of arranging excavation, concrete pouring, and carpenters with more local contractors. Expert does have concrete people & others they use in the St Louis area that know exactly the requirements needed for the new foundation. <br /> After the basement was poured & cured (curing takes about 3-4 weeks), Expert returned in October 2013 to move & set the house. They had been in contact with the concrete man for specifications, but there were no slots for the beams when setting the house down. A concrete worker had to come & cut those slots. We had a carpenter on hand to finish the sill installment & make sure the sills for the permanent beams was correct & set the support posts in the basement. We also had a friend's tractor help Expert's bobcat pull the house back over the foundation. While all this was going on, Expert was jacking and moving supports & placing slider beams & raising & lowering the house. The process was complete in about 2 1/2 days with care & precision. Some of the cracks in our house even disappeared. Great job guys. <br /> Our carpenters returned to build a staircase & some other requirements. We are working on re-connecting utilities & returning the furnace, water heater, etc. to the new basement. We plan to move back into the house in the first week or so in November 2013. It's been a long process, but well worth it. Made possible by Expert House Movers! <br /Teri S.
- Business Description:Residential and Commercial - Designing, Building, Renovations and Property Maintenance
- Business Description:Marcus Building Movers has been moving buildings, structures and equipment since 1975. The company actually came about through an integral need of Dick G. Marcus, eventual company founder, owner and operator. In 1975 Dick needed a shed moved, while waiting to have it moved by a structural moving company he decided he was going to do the job himself. As a problem-solving farmer and skillful mechanic who was known for "thinking outside the box," he knew he could handle the task. Plus he had fi..
- Business Description:Structural Engineers
- Business Description:Custom Metal Fabricating and repair. No job is too big or too small. Quality you can count on!
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Find structural engineers in
structural engineers in International Falls
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!