If you notice water pooling in your basement, even though your sump pump seems fine, use our guide to help you find the source of your flooding.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Grandville, MI
There are 7 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Grandville
- Foundation Systems of MichiganVery well. Workers were great. They were successful in repairing the all the damage caused by another shoddy waterproofing company. So far, very satisfied.
- Montell ConstructionIt isn't done yet, but the construction manager is not being cooperative about some details that are very important to us. His comments on the material and timing for staining the deck are not consistent with information from lumber experts I know.
- Montell ConstructionThe job was done very well. The sales estimate and negotiations with Chad were pleasant. The financial deal through EnerBank was painless and confidence-inspiring (EnerBank acts like an escrow account, that wouldn't pay Montell or bill us until we gave the OK). There was a typical long quiet period while we waited for the job to start, but it wasn't too long and we did get a friendly update when we asked. The first job was done by an experienced builder who could have rebuilt our house from the ground up. He worked hard and late over two days, cleaned up after himself and was all around good company. A week or so later, the gutter crew arrived and cranked out great new gutters in a half day. The promised roof flashing was overlooked, but our call was well-received and the work was completed a few days later. After two months, we have no further water in our basement through several heavy rains, the new gutters look good and don't clog easily, and we paid less than half what we'd have had to pay when we got our first quotes for this work by separate basement and gutter specialists. We'd recommend Montell to anyone
- EverDry Waterproofing of Grand Rapids/SaginawSystem working effectively! For peace of mind they offer a no-hassle warranty program that maintains and guarantees the work performed and equipment installed which gives the homeowner added peace of mind should things change. Highly recommended!
- EverDry Waterproofing of Grand Rapids/SaginawWonderfully prompt and precise. Addressed all issues. We knew we would have a water issue when we bought our house 6 years ago. Everdry came out to help us get everything set for our home. The install of the system was done very quickly and professionally. Six years later, we have had no problems. They updated the system when the battery went out via their lifetime warranty program. Would highly recommend
- EverDry Waterproofing of Grand Rapids/SaginawThe process of it being done is loud and a bit crazy, but they are a hard working team and the benefits far outweigh any inconvenience during the process. They were very educational towards us and have been great with any maintenance calls we have made. They are quick to respond and prompt with their timing
- EverDry Waterproofing of Grand Rapids/SaginawWe had had a number of instances of water backing up into the basement and general basement dampness. Everdry did an assessment of our needs, thoroughly explained the process, and gave us an estimate. Their crew arrived on time and performed all the agreed upon work in a timely and professional manner. The work included digging a trench around the outside of the basement and applying waterproofing compound (tarlike) to the entire outside basement wall and placing perforated drainage pipe around the base of the wall. They chipped out a 4" wide trench around the interior basement wall, installed gravel and drainage pipe in the trench. They deepened the sump pump and excavated a drainage pit in the backyard and installed a vent to reduce moisture. CLEANUP The outside trench was filled in and all disturbed plantings were replaced. The interior trench was filled with new cement. The sump pit was filled in. RESULT We have had no problems with water or dampness in the basement since we had this work done. The annual fee to maintain the warranty is worth the money. We had a failure of the sump pump. The battery backup woked as expected and the company came promptly and replaced the failed pump at no charge. We are VERY satisfied with Everdry
- Gold Star Waterproofing, LLCWe are preparing to renovate our basement, and wanted a professional assessment before doing so, as we had some minor water intrusion several years ago. I called several companies specializing in whole basement systems, and they recommended Gold Star as a better option for my project. Steve showed up on time, assessed the problem areas, and recommended solutions without pushing for overkill. He had a quote to me the next day, and after getting a few more quotes, we decided to go with Gold Star, as it provided the most bang for our buck. Within a week of signing the paperwork, Gold Star was on site, and fixed everything in the course of one day, leaving no mess behind. All in all, a great experience
- Gold Star Waterproofing, LLCThis A review is very late, but so well deserved. I first contacted Steve 2 years ago with my first water leakage (there has been several more since then). Every time I phone him, he always responds right away. Most cases will give me an estimate on the spot. With the first job he did back in April of 2016, he not only dug down about 10' to repair a deep crack in the cement wall, but he also suggested to dig the trenches and lay down the perforated piping. I had some serious issues with poor drainage in my back yard! After a second visit, to lay down more piping, I can actually mow my lawn in the spring during the rainy season! I hate finding new leaks in my foundation but if I do, I at least know that I found a great person who is honest and trustworthy and that I can completely rely on
- Gold Star Waterproofing, LLCSteve and his helper were professional and very helpful. Steve gave us lots of tips to help prevent basement problems from occurring. He and his helper were quick, yet thorough. They were extremely nice and on time. I would definitely use Gold Star again.
Basement Waterproofers in Grandville
- Business Description:Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help ..Recent Review:Worst experience ever with them. They promised to fix the small leak in my basement. During installation I told the foreman I specifically thought the dry well location was way too close to the house and that it should be put in the back yard. He said there is no way it would flood and worst case it would get mildly damp in the front yard if it rained a ton (in hindsight because they didn't want to do the extra work of putting it in the correct location). That was definitely not true as almost immediately it overflowed. This flooded not only our basement but also our elderly neighbors basement and garage too. My pregnant wife and I had to literally stay up all night mopping up the basement so that it would not be ruined until get could get an emergency plumber to come out the next day. Their incompetence almost put my wife into premature labor due to the physical exertion of having to stay up all night mopping even though I tried to do as much as I could. For well over two months I have left numerous messages with the company as well as my salesman, Alan Free, who very much apologized to me for their incompetence and told me a manager would call me back. They still have not called back. Totally unethical and incompetent. Just not right for them to charge thousands of dollars, create a bigger problem, and refuse to do anything about itBobby D.
- Business Description:Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help ..Recent Review:Work was done efficiently and professionally . Great crew! We just had a significant rain event, 6 inches of rain and the space was dry!Terry R.
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing in residential and small commercial buildings. Fully insured. Licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Business Description:We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimateRecent Review:Troy and his team were so wonderful throughout this entire process! Troy came out over a year ago to quote - he spent nearly 4 hours on my property making sure that he understood exactly what was going on with each of my buildings. He took several pictures and gave a very estimate. I had several other companies come out to provide quotes & they just simply weren't as thorough or kind. Troy continued to follow up and once we were able to budget for the project, he came out and made sure nothing had changed. Throughout the job he took TONS of pictures so I didn't have to go under the building to check it out. They were professional & very respectful of our business operations. I will have them back this summer to finish up some additional projects! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANYAngie S.
- Business Description:Case Enterprises has been in business since 2006. We are a locally family owned and operated business, which means I personally serve each customer. We are licensed and insured in the state of Michigan. Please contact me today for a free estimateRecent Review:His prices were competitive. Very good. He communicated effectively. He showed up on time. He does all the things that you want a contractor to do.Su L.
- Business Description:Provide all lawn care needs. Basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation. Also do snow removal and deck tear outs. I've been in the waterproofing and lawn business for almost 6 years and have an experienced team as well! I also offer Roofing ServicesRecent Review:It was good, excellent. The pricing was good and they did a great job on their work.Kenecia C.
- Business Description:Based in the heart of Grand Rapids, Montell Construction proudly offers Top Rated Roofing, Windows, Siding and Custom Additions to all of West Michigan. Family Owned and Operated, our goal is simply to surpass all of your expectations. We offer Free/No Obligation Estimates to assist you with your next Home Improvement Project. Fully Licensed and Insured matched with quality products and True Craftsmanship to provide you with the best completed projectRecent Review:Donald Perry came out and took care of it. Excellent work!Colleen R.
- Business Description:Call CLI Concrete Leveling, Inc in Ypsilanti Michigan for all of your concrete contracting needs. With over 20 years of Concrete Leveling experience, our locally owned and operated business offers a wide variety of residential and commercial concrete leveling and Foundation Repair services to our customers. Our licensed and insured business is certified for foundation work to meet all of your needs. If you are a homeowner, apartment manager or commercial contractor, CLI Concrete Leveling, ..Recent Review:Crew was very courteous & did an excellent job. Explained the entire process & answered all my questions. Job site cleaned after all work was completed & washed down entire work area. Great service.roger z.
- Business Description:Award winning. Basement waterproofing and foundation repair/rebuilding.Recent Review:We signed a contact with city basement and they walked off the job before starting because they wouldn’t wear a mask in and out of our house.Meghan M.
- Business Description:As a multi year Super Service Award winner with over 100 years of combined experience, StayDry is the standard-bearer for basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing, foundation repair, and similar services for homeowners and businesses. Our expert contractors take pride in their workmanship, and they’ll educate you on the different approaches to eliminate leaks in your foundation and keep your basement safe from water damage. We’re so confident in our abilities that we’ll offer you a f..Recent Review:Such hacks! They will hillbilly it up real good for ya, but if you want it done right the first time or at all look elsewhere! I was initially impressed with the owner David Brown who came out to give me an estimate. He was very respectful and didn’t try to up-sell me, but it was all down hill after that. I decided to have my existing sump pump replaced and have a battery backup pump installed with a “pump spy” smart outlet. Pam said the installer would show up at 9am and have no problem being done by the time I had to leave for work at noon. I asked Pam if they would clean out my sump pit that had probably never been cleaned before installing the new pumps or if that was something I needed to do. I was assured that the installer would bring a shop vac and do that for me. On 03/01/21 an installer that I thought was “Perry” since that was the name on the side of his truck, showed up. Turns out he was just driving Perry’s old truck. Anyway, their installer showed up and started taking things apart, but then had to leave for I think a check valve. He returned and assembled everything, but it wouldn’t fit in my pit, so he had to take it back apart and re-assemble everything. Turns out my old discharge pipe was plugged up with rusty crud. The installer said he would get some “Iron Out” for me. At this point I asked again if my pit would be cleaned since I didn’t want all that crud going through my new pumps etc. He said he would, but in the end he never did. He ended up telling me that the pit was fine and anything in there was hard and couldn’t be cleaned off, which was totally not true. I also never saw any “Iron Out” that he said he would leave for me and that I could use periodically. Since the installer unplugged the pipe the new pump moved water out the discharge a lot better and it was splashing back outside where it went into my buried line. I attached a hose so that it discharged out into the yard instead of splashing back near the house. The installer told me he would just stick a pipe farther down into the opening. I questioned how the water would escape if it needed to and was assured it would be fine. Well after I checked what he did I saw that now the water was spraying back against the house. I headed downstairs to tell him and he said, that he realized this too once water started running down my basement wall behind my electric box, which fried the “pump spy” smart outlet he had installed. He had to call and have someone bring him out a new smart outlet. He didn’t offer to help set up the app or smart outlet, but I eventually had to call “pump spy” to have the first smart outlet I set up removed from the app, which the company said contacting them was the only way to do that. Since things are such a giant mess I called my work and was able to use a personal day. I told the installer that I had taken the day off work now and that there was no rush, so he could take his time and do the job right. Spoiler, he didn’t do it right. When he said he was finished I had to ask him to secure the discharge pipe somehow between the pumps and where it went through the wall, which he did with some metal banding. This is also when I was told the pit didn’t need to be cleaned. Later once the water had a chance to settle I noticed tons of sludge, slime and chunks of debris still in the pit and the walls of the pit hadn’t even been attempted to be cleaned. I knew the brown on the pit just wiped off because I had already wiped off what I could reach. Also somewhere around the check valve was leaking and dripping down the pipe. The battery backups and all the cords and wires were left in a giant tangled pile. Zero effort was put into making anything look decent. Since it was after 6pm or something I ended up getting Stay Dry’s main number and they said it wasn’t an emergency and they would leave a message for Lansing Stay Dry. So at noon the next day I hadn’t heard anything, so I had to call them. They said they would send someone out with a shop vac this time to clean the pit and fix the leak, but it wouldn’t be until Thursday. On 03/04/21 at 10am someone shows up. As I’m putting my mask on I try to nicely say something like “Are we supposed to wear masks?” to which I am told “I don’t wear masks”. So the person they sent to redeem themselves after the circus on day 1 is someone who refuses to wear a mask in customer homes during a pandemic. Got it. This guy does take some Iron out and after I give him a brush (since he didn’t bring one or any rags or anything) scrubs the pit a little bit, sucks a little bit out with the shop vac and tightens up some connections around the check valve. The pit does look better and he leaves the rest of the Iron Out. He tells me the check valve area is leaking because the pipe is crooked and that he’s going to take the battery’s that I spent lots of time tidying up and move them against the pipe to steady it. I told him that’s how the installer on day 1 left the pipe, and that I had to ask him to even secure it with the metal banding. I went and got a cement block out of the garage to place against the pipe to steady it instead of moving everything I had cleaned up already. I also laid down cardboard and plastic on the floor, since none of these guys wear boot covers or clean up the water and mess and I was sick of cleaning up. He says there was an option for a new pit and cover that would secure the pipe. I was never offered or told about these options until now. Guess what? The next day I see the check valve is STILL LEAKING! I contact Pam and she says they will send out “Perry”, the real Perry who “manages the crews”. I’m confused thinking they’re sending the same guy from day 1. When the real Perry comes out on 03/10/21 he explains about someone else driving his old truck. I think he said his name was “John?”. Anyway, Perry, puts on boot covers and a mask which is nice. He looks at the check valve and says “This isn’t even one of our check valves” and seems to insinuate that something fishy was maybe up. I told him “That is the check valve your guy installed.” Maybe he just ran to the hardware store to get on when he realized he didn’t have one on his truck or something? Perry replaces the check valve and the pipe is crooked again, but not as crooked as the first installer (John?) left it. I say how the no-mask installer said if it’s crooked it will leak and Perry says that’s not true, and I guess he was right. It is no longer leaking. So finally after 3 tries, this company was able to sort of pull off the job. It felt like they put the bare minimum of effort into trying to fix their mistakes or make me happy. Since nobody was returning my calls I tried calling the owners cell number that was on the card he left when he came for the estimate. He sent me straight to voicemail and I immediately received a call from Pam. I would never use this company again and wanted to share my experience with them. There was so much they did wrong that I’m sure I’ve left some things outJason A.
Deals in Grandville for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Water-powered sump pumps can help your basement last for decades. But is it the best fit for you? This guide will provide you with the pros and cons of these backup sump pumps.
When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Grand Rapids
- East Grand Rapids
- Comstock Park
- West Olive
waterproofing contractors in Grandville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Kent Home Services1000 100th St SW Suite E
Byron Center, Michigan
- Kent Home Services
- Pabco Services LLC1136 Fallbrook
- Pabco Services LLC
- Ver Wys Home Improvement3266 Brigs Blvd NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Ver Wys Home Improvement