Great Lakes Waterproofing Co

Founded 1978 • With Angi since January 2011

4.3

3300 Miller Rd

Kalamazoo, MI 49001

Wet Basement? Great Lakes Waterproofing has been providing expert service since 1978! Using our unique "No Digging" system and our advanced drain tile systems, we utilize three main technologies to eliminate water and moisture in your wet basement, as well as reinforce your foundation. We do work on Residential, Commercial, and Industrial properties. Call us today for your free estimate! Customer Service is our number one priority, which is what has kept us in business for over 33 years. We have also developed a waterproofing method, unique to our company, that allows us to waterproof your basement without digging up your landscaping or cutting through your floor. Suggestion: Ask for some references and see what our previous customers have to say about our processes. Also serving portions of Macomb & Wayne Counties....

09/24/2019

Kimberly E.

Very punctual for estimate and professional. However the basement is still wet and they have absolutely the worse customer service of any company I have worked with. Called in May and they finally came out to see it several weeks later. And finally came out to fix it in August. Still having problems and have called them 3 times and talked to a receptionist (live) each time. Can't get a call back from anyone on when anyone will be here. Their office is horrible and their customer service is pretty poor as well.

Description of Work
Drain put in and new sump pump

10/26/2017

Gary A.

fine they were timely and professional

Description of Work
waterproofing basement

Gary R.

It didn’t go all that well. They had to come out 3-4 times and it’s never been truly fixed. When it rains hard, we’re still concerned that it’s going to flood. However, they did put in an effort to fix it.

Description of Work
They performed basement waterproofing.

james P.

It was great. We’ve had flooding every year, but it no longer occurs since they’ve been here. It took around a day to do the work and everyone was great. They did what they said they’d do, cleaned up, and it works.

Description of Work
They put in a drainage system in my basement that was flooding and packed the outside walls with some type of mud.

Dorothy M.

They sent a team of temporary contractors to do the work, and they weren’t as good as the two actual employees of Great Lakes Waterproofing. They were able to fix the problems. The salesperson was really good and followed up after the work was done. It works and I also have a lifetime guarantee. The full time employees were great, the part-time employees, not so much.

Description of Work
They waterproofed the leaky basement.

susan G.

It was great and they did a wonderful job. We had to call them out again because part of the home was still leaking, but they took care of it. I had no problems scheduling. The technicians were professional, cleaned up after themselves, and were in and out. Our basement flooded every year, and now we have no problems. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
They put clay around the house to prevent leaks in the foundation, and an indoor French drain on half of the house on another occasion.

Donna M.

The technicians were friendly and nice. They had to come back twice and they had no problems coming back the second time. However, the solution didn't work and we’re still getting water in basement.

Description of Work
They pumped bentonite clay into the ground to seal the cement walls that were leaking.

07/30/2014

Pat D.

One person came out to do the estimate he talked a little fast and I had trouble keeping up on what he was telling me. They were here for at least a half hour to 45 minutes. They sold their product very well. The gentleman that came out was pleasant and polite. I was in my home alone with him and felt very comfortable. They also told me the name of the person who would be coming and then he introduced himself before I opened the door making me feel comfortable.

Description of Work
They came out and did an estimate on a wall on the northside of my house that leaks into basement. They brought a video showing the process using bentogrout to plug and seal the holes.

07/28/2014

Gay F.

They were fine and it was good. They were nice and they showed up on time. I don't have any issues with it. What I remember is that they were outrageous.

Description of Work
Great Lakes Waterproofing did my basement. They said that they have to change the drain.

07/16/2014

Mark H.

We did not contract for the services after having a structural engineer come to the house to further inspect the foundation.

Description of Work
We were looking at buying a house with foundation issues. I called Great Lakes Waterproofing at the recommendation of our pre-purchase home inspector. They were very helpful in explaining the options for repair to the foundation based upon my description of the problem, and provided ball park pricing over the phone so I would have an idea of what we were getting into.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

04/30/2014

douglas K.

The service was great. I haven't gotten any services done. They came out, did the survey, and gave us an estimate, but we hit a snag because I couldn't pay for it all in one shot, and I wanted to break it up in smaller payments but they couldn't do it. They were very good about it, and they also recommended some local areas that would be able to let me pay in smaller chunks and not one big chunk.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Great Lakes Waterproofing Co.

04/16/2014

Barbara K.

Don was professional in his approach. I've done some checking and the $110/sq ft was not out of line, but it was still a hefty price tag for only 2 of our 4 walls. We had a sump pump that failed and flooded our basement, but then were concerned what appeared to be leaking on the exterior walls. Don shared that our basement was definitely leaking and that the Bentonite program would solve that. We had Ever-Dry come out and they told us the same thing. However, we had an independent 3rd party come out that wasn't going to sell us anything and they diagnosed our problem as purely sump-pump related. When the sump pump failed (at the time the snow was melting) the water backed up through the drainage system enough that it ultimately created enough exterior hydrostatic pressure that water was forced in through the seem of basement floor where it meets the poured walls. However, where the diagnosis went wrong was to assume that this was an ongoing issue versus a onetime issue. We've since replaced the sump-pump and if have leakage in our walls in the future, we will consider using their services as the program seems sound...a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Provider looked briefly in the basement, went outside and took some measurements, then explained to us the benefits of Bentonite Injection system.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

04/14/2014

John A.

Great Lakes waterproofed my basement that had leaks on three of four walls. They also patched cracks in the walls . Their guarantee is great. I still had a small leak where the sewer pipe exited the basement and they came back and fixed it promptly and at no charge to me. I am very happy with this company.

Description of Work
Great Lakes waterproofed my basement

04/14/2014

Jan B.

Because I knew the problem I had was due to eaves trough overflow and not a ground water problem, I selected Great Lakes exterior sealing process before contacting them for an estimate. The representative who gave the estimate was very professional and efficient and the proposed cost was much less than I expected. The day the technician came to do the waterproofing, was so cold the equipment was frozen and could not process the material. There was 2 feet of snow on the ground also but he was undeterred and tried to thaw his equipment anyway. He was unsuccessful and had to schedule to return in two weeks. Before he left that day, he patched the cracks and holes inside the basement to be ready for the material to be pressured into the ground. Upon the return there was more snow but the temperature was lower. The job was completed within a couple hours despite needing to shovel a path around the house through 2 - 3 feet of snow. The outcome is that the basement has not leaked at all even though we have had all that snow melting and a couple early spring heavy rains.

Description of Work
Great Lakes waterproofed the three sides and two corners of my house where overflow from eaves troughs caused water to seep into the basement.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

04/02/2014

Tracey C.

The initial young man who treated the house was prompt and very kind. He went right to work and completed the job well. He checked on the interior wall throughout the process and cleaned up any material that came through cracks inside. A month later we had them come back out as expected to do some cement treatments on the interior of the walls where the walls were porous from the water that had infiltrated it prior. We had no other leaks until this spring when a spot at the bottom of the wall where it meats the floor brought in a small amount of water. They came out a week later and cemented the base of the wall from the inside and even applied a bit more bentonite on the exterior. We have seen a huge difference in the wall itself since the original treatment last spring. We believed that we would need to strap the wall due to a significant bow in the wall. Due to the treatment and the drying of the cinder the bow as actually decreased and the wall looks sound and strong. With a bit of patience with the process of correcting years of water damage to our cinder wall we see excellent results. Thank you.

Description of Work
We had the entire front of our home treated on the outside with Bentonite.

01/26/2014

Tyson O.

My contractor believes the ceiling wasn't secured enough to handle the weight of the insulation. Cracks formed in the ceiling sand the drywall started separating from the roof joists in several rooms. I can't blame the insulation contractor but it would of been nice if they could of warned me about this happening.

Description of Work
Insulated the attic. I went well but afterwards some damage was discovered in on the ceiling.

08/24/2013

Terry V.

They showed up on time and completed on time. They called on arrival and after the job was complete. They offered follow-up visits as part of their service and a follow-up phone call. Very pleased, thus far.

Description of Work
Provided injected exterior basement water proofing.

07/01/2013

Terrence O.

Fine - good crew, quick, efficient.

Description of Work
Install two drain tiles below cement floor of basement. Tie in to sump pump.

04/30/2013

Ronald S.

Salesman was prompt went through the whole basement inside and out. Explained the procedure, application, product. Explained the warranty, LIFETIME guarantee transferrable to new owners. Worked with our work scedule when to come out. They did not leave the areas they worked on very well. They have yet to follow up to see how things are looking.

Description of Work
Found these guys at the home and garden show in Fort Wayne. Bentonite injections around the outside of the foundation wall almost a month ago. At first we thought it worked, basement was dry. Then the rains came and every where we had a leak before is leaking again. They say we have a liftime warranty so we will see how responsive they are at reapplication and how well the product will work. They say we need to wait for 30 days for the product to cure The salesman appeared to be very knowledgable and 100 % confident this would work. He may just have been a salesman wantiing to get the sale.

04/20/2013

Elizabeth M.

From start to finish, this was an excellent experience. The person who came out to do the inspection was knowledgeable, and did not pressure me at all. The technicians who did the work came a little early that I expected, so they had to wait a bit until I could get someone there for them, but this was not a problem. Office staff were courteous on the phone. Most important, their treatment worked. No more water in the basement. And they guarentee their work.

Description of Work
I had an area of my basement that was leaking through the foundation. They came and did an inspection, gave me a free quote, and then provided waterproofing from the outside of the house along the foundation, without digging up any landscaping.

04/09/2013

Tim W.

They came on the date as promised and finished the work promptly. Over all we are very happy with their work. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They waterproofed our basement.

01/25/2013

Dale M.

they were very professional and saved me and saved me alot of money. it would have cost me over $4000 to install sump pump and it worked like a charm ni more water problems for me.

Description of Work
injected bentonite around outside basement walls to fill in cracks that water was getting thru

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks for the great review Member! We're happy that we could take care of your basement for you. Let us know if you need anything else.

02/02/2012

John A.

The quality of work was great. I had one spot that was still leaking and they came right our and fixed it. They were prompt. The did everything they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my basement.

01/04/2012

TIMOTHY S.

They did a fine job, they did what they were supposed to do. Their process is different than everyone else's. they inject clay in the outside. It worked for us. Everyone else wants to come in and tear down the landscape and tile. We could not do that because we only have a foot and a half between our property and our neighbor who is selling his property. That put us in a bind but they just came in with a big syringe and inject clay. It takes about 30 days to set , then they came back to fill in the gaps which were about every foot by the time they got done. It worked. They did what they promised. They guaranteed the work forever, it is transferable. I called three references before we started.

Description of Work
Great Lakes Waterproofing did the waterproofing in our basement at our lake house.

12/08/2011

Walter R.

I tried calling them I don't know how many times (likely 6 - I'm pretty OCD perfectionist. No call backs, no appointments made...

Bluebird CFW

We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimate!

Home Studio by Omega, LLC

We offer quality and affordable general construction services.

Acculevel Inc

Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. A dry home is a healthy home. Acculevel is committed to providing the most technologically advanced repairs to help keep your home dry and on a safe foundation. A strong foundation protects your home's structure, lowers utility bills and maintains the value of your property. Check our pictures for the signs & symptoms of foundation & water damage, and then call Acculevel for your free visual inspection. 1-866-669-3349

Offers by Acculevel Inc on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Waterproofing Repair – Injection Method, Drain Tile & French Drain, Crawl Space Waterproofing, & Elevator Pit Waterproofing. Foundation Repair. Radon Detection & Reduction.

Please ask for details.