Cracks may appear in your concrete basement floor over time, and can be caused by a number of reasons. While the cracks may be a superficial problem, it is important to have a professional look at them to rule out any safety issues.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Presque Isle, ME
There are 1 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Presque Isle
- New Leaf ConstructionIan's team showed up on time, did the work in a professional manner and cleaned up the area before leaving for the day. Ian always provides us with a quote before work begins and bills us accordingly. We have the utmost confidence in the work and materials Ian provides and we will continue to contact him when the need arises
- METRO MASONRYThey were very good and I liked them a lot. They were great and it went very well. They came when they said they were going to come. They worked the job in quickly so that the driveway could be paved. Jim, the owner, is very pleasant and an easy guy to deal with. I would definitely use them again.
- Ken ChadwickHe also explained that it cracked because we insulated the basement separately so it was at two different temperatures. So we won't have it happen again. The house didn't move at all and nothing shifted or broke while he did all this. Everything was done when he said it would be, with minimal disruption
- Jewett Builders IncGreat company, they did an excellent job with our basement floor and were done when they said they would be. The basement looks great, the windows are nice and the support beams are solid. Would definitely use this company again. Highly recommend
- Jal-Bear CarpentryThey gave me a quote within 10 days of my inquiry. They explained the procedure of the work that was going to be performed. He had an excellent team working with him to complete the job. He had very knowledgeable workers. He returned to finish minor items that needed done. He also did a follow up with me to make sure everything met my expectations
- InterCoastal Concrete & Waterproofing IncFrom not having experience in what to expect it went well. Except for some delays getting the owner to finish certain stages in a more timely manner. In hindsight I would have preferred steel beams as opposed to wood. I would have made sure that the house was leveled more and would have payed attention to drainage and disposale of existing debris. So because I did not know to do these things, I cannot put the blame on Coastal. I think they are a good, family owned company. I enjoyed working with Engrid (wife). She was very attentive and responsive. Our basement remains very dry and we have had no problems with water or settling of the house. I would hire them again with a better understood contract
- JES Foundation RepairI will begin by saying that I am pleased with the finished product and believe that JES employees are knowledgeable about what they do. They are professional, but if there had been a category above for communication - I would have assigned an "F". My story turned into a saga requiring three different scheduled dates with different crews as a result of the poor communication between office and crew, between office and inspector, and between JES and I regarding the work to be done and the material needed to finish that work. They completed the work to meet my expectations, but it required many phone calls to reach that point. Check over your contract carefully and be aware that if a detail is not written, it is not included. (Example: Most of the insulation under my house was in good condition, but some sections were hanging and the first crew that installed drainage removed a small hanging section that was probably in the way as they worked. Because insulation was not mentioned in my contract, I had to call the office to have that section replaced.) I might use them in the future due to the quality of the materials and the hard work of the crews, but I would be keeping a written log of conversations with the company
- TC Hafford Basement Systems IncSaid we would hear back in two weeks. It's now been 7 weeks and still no response. We called several times for the written contract and estimate of costs and never heard back. We are now back to the drawing board and have lost half the summer for a project that should have been completed by now.
- JBBC INCJBBC were awful. I ended up firing them. He did not supervise his crew very well. They did not communicate or listen very well. We caught him double charging us numerous times. There were major foundation mistakes. Our house is poorly built. The walls are uneven. You have to watch what he is charging you for. His crew is abuse
Foundation Repair Contractors in Presque Isle
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:MDS Building and Sons has been service Aroostook County for over 30 years, and Coastal Maine for 12 years. We are a full service Commercial and Residential General Contractor.
- Recent Review:JBBC were awful. I ended up firing them. He did not supervise his crew very well. They did not communicate or listen very well. We caught him double charging us numerous times. There were major foundation mistakes. Our house is poorly built. The walls are uneven. You have to watch what he is charging you for. His crew is abusecathy c.
- Business Description:we accept credit cards, cash, checksRecent Review:unknownKerry B.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Uses some subs for labor. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply.Recent Review:Came in under estimate. Cleaned up area well. <br /> Clark (no relation) was with a MDI local, Southwest Harbor firm which also did very good work. He is memorable for listening closely and asking questions to clarify what I wanted AND following through with the plans. I have many elderly friends who were delighted with both sets of the new stairs as they made access to our house safe and comfortable which was the main goal. <br /> Clark worked independently , creatively and well. He finished way before our 50th wedding anniversary party in July which was another goal as I was able to paint them in time to dry. <br /> His work has held up very well, no need for repairs or adjustments. <br /Susan C.
- Business Description:INSULATION services (Installation or Repair). Save on your energy costs! Sprayed Urethane Foam. From new construction (commercial or residential) buildings to basements, crawl spaces, garages or basement repair...we do it all
- Business Description:We install metal post foundations called Screw Piles in all of the Aroostook County, Maine area. (From the towns of Fort Kent, Madawaska, Caribou, Houlton, Fort Fairfield, Oakfield and surrounding areas) These are used instead of Sono Tubes, or other concrete systems, and are drilled down below frost level to prevent, shifting, lifting, or sinking. We can install them for new construction and also for existing structures. They can be used as foundations for decks, porches, patios, carports, h..
- Business Description:Family owned and operated. Offering masonry and tiling services from your basement to your chimney cap. Our goal is to make your masonry or tiling project, not only functional, but beautiful!
- Business Description:Service by appointment. See website for insurance details.Recent Review:The floors were slanted in a house I purchased. The inspector thought the foundation was stable. A contractor thought that a lot of work was needed. I called Jewett to look over the foundation and tell me what he thought was needed. Curt came and inspected all the foundations and underpinnings. He could have recommended work. Instead he thought the foundation and underpinnings were fine. He recommended a few small support additions and insulation upgrades that I can perform. I am impressed! This guy knows foundationsJohn A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
Not all cracks in your foundation are created equal. Some are harmless and simply the result of a new home settling in, but others can be markers of serious structural damage. Here’s how to know which foundation cracks you need to worry about.
If you have noticed cracks on your house’s foundation, uneven floors, or you think you may have damaged foundation, follow these tips to get the best home foundation inspector for your property and have a smooth hiring experience.
Find foundation contractors in
- Fort Fairfield
- Mars Hill
- Van Buren
- Eagle Lake
- Island Falls
- Fort Kent
- East Millinocket
foundation contractors in Presque Isle
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Aroostook Postech Screw Piles 21 Saucier Ln
Fort Kent, Maine
- Aroostook Postech Screw Piles
- Bricks and Stones Masonry101 Conant Road
Presque Isle, Maine
- Bricks and Stones Masonry
- Cushing ConstructionP.O. Box 171
- Cushing Construction
- D D Dyer Contracting279 Dover rd
- D D Dyer Contracting
- Jewett Builders Inc6 Amity Lane
- Jewett Builders Inc
- Kevin Niles Contractor Kittery Maine80 Bartlett Rd
Kittery Point, Maine
- Kevin Niles Contractor Kittery Maine
- NORTHEAST POLY INSULATION180 Ohio Hill Road 180 Ohio Hill Road
- NORTHEAST POLY INSULATION
- TC Hafford Basement Systems Inc356 North Berwick Rd. #7
- TC Hafford Basement Systems Inc