When installing a garage door opener, you need to consider the type, horsepower, any accessories you want, and whether you should DIY it or hire a pro. This guide will help you determine the true cost of installing garage door openers.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Hallowell, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Hallowell
- All Season Home Improvement CoWork was generally late afternoon installing windows and doors, full time vinyl siding. Total time about one month which was fine with us. Very nice competent crew and workmanship.
- Overhead Door Company of AugustaFine. After visiting their Augusta office to select my product they scheduled service within a week's time. Would use again.
- Overhead Door Company of AugustaI called the office and spoke with Barry. He was able to send a technician (Josh) who arrived within an hour of my call. Josh replaced the faulty roller, placed the door correctly in its tracks and lubricated all the rollers on my two garage doors. Josh was polite and efficient and advised me of future maintenance of the doors and other parts which should be done to keep the doors running properly. I really appreciate their quick response and the work that Josh did read less
- Overhead Door Company of AugustaIt went well. They were really prompt with their scheduling and very accommodating. I would work with them again in the future.
- Lee's Garage Door ServiceI have used this service provider in the past as they were available the soonest when I really needed a repair person. They have consistently been responsive and professional and lower priced than the and quot;name brandand quot; service in my area.
- Overhead Door Company of AugustaBecause of my distance from Augusta (30 miles) it did take a few weeks to schedule an appointment with other area customers. It was not an emergency, so the wait was not a problem for me. Technician was very professional and knowledgable. It was an extremely cold day when he came but he did a great job. Price was extremely reasonable! Definitely recommend this company read less
- Overhead Door CoFrom sales to installation, the process was exceptionally smoothly and everything happened as was originally scheduled and promised. Communication was excellent, advice from the estimator was spot-on, the quality of the doors even better than what we expected and the installation was EXPERT. The doors look fabulous, work perfectly, and the installer did a much better job than what we could have done ourselves. We are so glad that we decided to outsource this service and we highly recommend this company read less
- Lee's Garage Door ServiceVery easy to deal with. Prompt and returned phone calls. Showed up on time and performed the work to our satisfaction. Real nice guy. Paid attention to detail.
- PDQ Door - West BathWe called at 10:30 AM after trying what the manual suggested. The appointment was for 4 PM. Later, they called and they said it would be between 3-5. They arrived not long after 3 and were done by 4. Eric not only changed the broken master link, he adjust the limits and checked both garage doors. In addition, he gave my husband instructions on how to grease our 18 year old door for maximum efficiency. We used them years ago when the other garage door had problems. They came quickly and they did a great job then. We'll definitely use them again read less
- Thompson Overhead Doors IncI made a phone call, they showed up on time, gave me an estimate, ordered the door, installed it on time for the amount of the estimate.
Garage Door Companies in Hallowell
- Business Description:All Season Home Improvement Company is a full service home improvement contractor serving Maine communities within a 50 mile radius of Augusta, Maine. All Season Home Improvement Company is an Accredited Member of the Maine Better Business Bureau and has been in business since 1991. Also serving Hancock Counties read lessRecent Review:Horrible do not hire. They don't return calls and were the last company to respond for a quote.Michael R.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi.. read lessRecent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last forever read lessDiane K.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli.. read lessRecent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!! read lessChuck S.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes. read lessRecent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:Home Remodeling, BBB, Certified, Insured, Deposit required before start of all projects, bonuses for business referrals accepted.Recent Review:Electrical and plumbing were subcontracted and I have no complaint on their work. However for the work this contractor performed.....It started out okay, complimented his work... But by the time the last of the porch repair and the bathroom reno was completed I realised I had made a huge error of judgement. He insisted in starting the porch work in the fall and then over the winter. When the ground thawed in the spring and the supports no longer met the concrete footing blocks, he used rigid foam boards to shim the concrete blocks up to meet the posts. The floorboards had been removed and proper footings could have been sunk below the frost line, instead it had to be jury rigged and as the ground heave sin the winter and thaws back down, I expect it to be only a matter of time before the folly of this becomes apparent and I will have to get a competent contractor in to fix it. The bathroom was to have a radiant heat floor put in, but the system installed is not meant to be used in a wet room. There is baseboard heat with a pipe running through the floor and that was "sealed" with a piece of moulding and if there is any problem with the heater or the pipe breaks it is harder to get to, nevermind just being able to clean it. I was concerned over the floor system and he promised me that a letter would be coming from the manufacturer saying the system was safe as installed. I spoke to a company rep and they cannot sign off on an installation that they did not witness. So I am unable to recommend this contractor based on any sense I have of his integrity. I am back to using a space heater and When I am able to I will have to have the floor taken up and the correct system put in. There are numerous other minor things, such as the laminate floor being laid with no regard to the pattern on the boards so the same pattern piece was used 3 times next to each other. I did look up how to install this type of floor and found plenty of instructive videos saying how the boards are usually separated by pattern and then laid down in such a way to be random and give the illusion of real wood. The result on my floor does not demonstrate to me an attention to detail. The light over the shower, an upgraded ceiling fan, an additional outlet or two were all part of the plan but were never installed. There were assertions like a new outlet would have cost $400. I checked with the electrician myself and was told that was not the price they would charge and did not understand why that would have been quoted. When issues were raised it was mentioned that he had a lien on someone's house who didn't want to pay for their finished projects. So, there is a lot of work to redo and since the money isn't there I will have to live with things as they are for a while. Not the result I was expecting after 6 months (way beyond the estimated time) of work having been done and at no small expense. I will try to post photos to illustrate what I have mentioned above read lessChrystine H.
- Business Description:Portland Glass® has a history of success and a safety record that’s unmatched in New England. We are the providers of the best auto, home and business glass in Vermont, Maine & New Hampshire
- Business Description:We are a 3 generation family business .We carry several product lines to suite your project needs .Estimates are always free . SERVICE CALLS START AT $75 AND EMERGENCY SERVICE IS $125 AN HOUR
- Business Description:we are a Small Maine based company dedicated to giving Maine Residents great work for a low price we are willing to work with our customers on prices we understand that remodeling or expanding can be a great deal and a lot of money so we wanna work with you so you get exactly what you wan read less
- Business Description:building contractor residential/commercial sectors
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A new garage is something many homeowners wish for, but the undertaking requires a fair amount of prep work. Learn what you need to plan for, such as ventilation, insulation, usage, and zoning laws. Use these tips when planning your new garage build.
Hiring a company to transport a vehicle can be a great option if you're moving to the other side of the country. Here's how much you can expect to pay.
Find garage door companies in
- West Gardiner
- North Monmouth
- South China
garage door companies in Hallowell
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- done right construction
- Garage Door Supply Co151 E Main St # 2
- Garage Door Supply Co
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- Mastercraft Exteriors655 Third St Suite 301
- Mastercraft Exteriors
- PDQ Door - West Bath209A State Rd
- Portland Glass of Augusta372 Western Ave
- Portland Glass of Bangor1114 Hammond St
- Portland Glass of Damariscotta16 Biscay Rd
- Portland Glass of Ellsworth32 Bar Harbor Rd
- Portland Glass of Farmington474 Wilton Rd
- Portland Glass of Millinocket1009 Central St Ste C
- Portland Glass of Presque Isle724 Main St
Presque Isle, Maine
- Portland Glass of Rumford874 Rt 2
- Portland Glass of South Paris16 Market Square
South Paris, Maine
- Portland Glass of Waterville350 Kennedy Memorial Dr
- Proctor Palaces252 Pond rd
- PDQ Door - West Bath
- Stevens Siding & Window Co Inc40 Benton Plz
- Stevens Siding & Window Co Inc
- Upright Building Services2061 Hallowell Rd .
- Upright Building Services