An insulated garage can keep your family comfortable, reduce energy costs, and so much more. Use this comprehensive guide to learn how to insulate your garage.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Belfast, ME
There are 4 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Belfast
- Upright Building ServicesVery well - it took longer than Fred had projected, but he did a careful job and didn't charge for anything extra except when he ran into the rot which hadn't been projected in the price and required additional materials.
- Halldale BuildersAmazingly well. The work took 5 months but it is like having a brand new home. Glenn consulted with us every step of the way to be sure we were getting all that we wanted. Where we didn't have the knowledge to make the best decision he gave us guidance and helped us understand the rationale. We kept adding to the job and he never refused us. We've gone from having a dark, densely packed home to an open, bright, well insulated beautiful interior, as well as a newly cedar shingled exterior. The crew showed up to work every day. The employees were all delightful to have around, respectful, helpful, extremely courteous. Glenn was always available. Financial accountability was top notch. We have receipts for every dollar spent
- Halldale BuildersGlenn and his crew were always pleasant and very professional. The quality of work was exceptional. They installed new windows, new siding, insulation, drywall, flooring, remodeled 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, my kitchen, and 2 living spaces. Outside, they built a deck with built in seating, laid stone for a walkway, and reshingled the exterior of the house. Glenn laid beautiful wide plank pine floors, installed large picture windows, and worked with the local Amish community who custom designed and hand made the cabinets for my kitchen. The work was completed last year, but recently I had an issue with a leak in ceiling around my chimney. The leak was caused by an issue from before Halldale builders started the renovation, but Glenn was still able to come right out and fix the roof as well as the drywall in the ceiling. Great work and great customer service
- Halldale BuildersConsidering the amount of work involved (labor costs) we made the decision to demolish the existing structure. The house was not sound nor was it secured to the foundation. The foundation itself was in good shape. Glenn and his crew were amazing to work with. Glenn kept us appraised of the building progress for each step as well as costs involved. The Halldale crew, plumber and electrician were expert in their work as well as reasonable with cost. Keniston's Tile from Bangor did a truly beautiful job on the bathroom! We are now the excited proud owners of a beautiful home in Lincolnville. We are truly impressed with Glenn,s work ethic, job knowledge and expertise! Thank you Glenn
- Halldale BuildersWorking with Mr Couturier was a pleasure. We value his expertise and knowledge. He guided us thru out this process, yet, listened to our concerns, and he was always considerate of our budget. (which was greatly appreciated). Glenn's work is superior and his craftsmanship speaks for itself. He has vision and wonderful ideas. We have just completed Phase 1 of our project. as of March 2013. Looking forward to Phase 2 - addition of Master Bedroom Suite - addition of family/great room - addtion of 2 car garage - new porch / front of house We feel so very fortunate to have been introduced to Mr Couturier and working with him. Looking forward to Phase 2 and the completion of our project with him
- Advanced Spray FoamWent with another company. They did a good job but I think Advanced Spray Foam would have been better. I've been in touch with ASF since then about other issues and they have been very helpful. My ratings here only cover the initial consultation.
- New Leaf ConstructionIan's team showed up on time, did the work in a professional manner and cleaned up the area before leaving for the day. Ian always provides us with a quote before work begins and bills us accordingly. We have the utmost confidence in the work and materials Ian provides and we will continue to contact him when the need arises
- Maine Construction GroupOur initial experiences with this company were A+ all the way and so it was with this job ... it was professional from the beginning estimate to the final payment. We have had extremely bad experiences with other residential service companies in the past so we find Maine Construction Group (MCG) to be a continuing breath of fresh air. There are two divisions to this company; however, they both operate under the same management and ethical standards. We have been lucky to have had experience with both. Their Handyman division is simply an extension of their service tailored to the homeowners needs. We have had a couple of jobs that did not require major construction and this is where the Handyman division was so beneficial. We will be looking to have additional work performed this coming spring and will be calling MCG's Handyman Division with the hope that they can fit us into their schedule. Their rates are reasonable for the service they provide and they perform the best work possible in order to meet their standards and to satisfy their customer's expectations. In summary, this company is professional, ethical, and reasonable. They work very hard at satisfying their customers at a fair price, they do what they say they will do in the time-frame stated and at the agreed on price. We highly recommend Maine Construction Group /Maine Residential Construction
- Seal It Insulation SystemsCrew arrived on time as promised. Fully equipped and ready to go. Finished job as expected. Very good job cleaning up. Cost was as estimated. Strongly recommend.
- Mcgrath CarpentryI want to say that I'm hesitant to provide Conrad and his team with a great review. You might say that I'm selfish in that I don't want him to be so busy that I have a hard time booking him for his next project!! That said, I know how hard it can be to find responsive and professional quality carpenters and I'm sure you feel the same. I will attest that McGrath Carpentry meets these criteria and then some. So, as far as I'm concerned, there is no need to look any further if want the job done right. Our house is like many others in Maine. Old, drafty, and has a huge thirst for oil. We opted to call Conrad for a bid on the items mentioned above. First and foremost, we wanted to button-up our house to make it more comfortable (this is unfortunate news for the Dead River Oil Company because this is probably going to result in downsizing). Additionally, we wanted to replace the worn out look that the house previously had (the pressed cardboard siding was deteriorating and the and quot;roll-onand quot; roof was pretty ugly). Anyway, over the course of the just over a month long installation process we had regular meetings with Conrad to ensure that everything was being installed correctly and was up to specification. Like many homeowners, the more construction work you do on your place the more bad stuff you find beneath the surface (such as fire damage, lack of insulation, tar paper in certain places) that end up resulting in additional decision points and budget action items. But we resolved these issues one step at a time and ended up with a quality product. Conrad also kept us up to speed on our budget so that we didn't break the bank too badly. Ultimately this resulted in us not being able to finish everything we wanted to (such as porch steps, and trim in certain places) but we hit all of the major areas and can easily come back to finish some of these additional items over time. I think the most memorable moment was when Conrad and his team were trying to install insulation/roofing/siding on the back corner of the house that had a hornet's nest in the siding (we discovered it just before the project started). While we were in the process of having a pest removal company remove the next, Conrad and his staff continued to work as best they could in the area. Let's say that the hornets weren't very pleased with the renovations. Thankfully no one was stung too badly! We're glad we called McGrath Carpentry for our project. They really restored our old farmhouse back to it's original glory! I wouldn't hesitate to give him a call if you have any exterior/interior renovations you want to have done in your home
Insulation Companies in Belfast
- Business Description:Efficiency Foam provides high quality installation of closed cell spray foam insulation. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:They finished the job sooner. They were excellent and fantastic.Tim D.
- Business Description:We are a family run and owned company that specializes in cleaning dryer vents and duct work, duct repairs as well as dryer vent repair and full installations. We also seal duct work using a process called Aeroseal. We service all of Maine. We are fully insured and qualified to handle any job that you needRecent Review:Mainely Ducts have the hardest workers I’ve ever seen. They’re kind, courteous and prompt! They keep you up to date with progress and make sure that everything is working thoroughly before they take off. Would definitely recommend these guys for any and all duct work you need! They also have pressure washing which is a huge bonusKimi F.
- Business Description:Halldale Builders is a small, family owned and operated construction company located in Montville, Maine since 1977. We build and remodel homes, barns, and other structures ranging from small projects to much larger scale homes and buildings. We offer our clients custom design and drafting services. We also work with the local Amish community to provide most of our custom interior cabinetry and built-ins. Our professionally trained, long term employees attend regular seminars based on current..Recent Review:Glenn and his team we incredible! We were a new build and a big undertaking with 3 stories and a large deck on the third floor. They completed all of our framing and making the project fully weather tight. We appreciated Glenn and his teams advice along the way, this project would not have been a success without their recommendations. Following the completion of their work Glenn has remained in touch to provide additional guidance and support, and offered to help us with any obstacles we may face as we work to finish this project. Great experience and highly recommendedDani P.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
- Business Description:Evergreen Home Performance makes homes more comfortable and affordable to maintain through energy efficiency audits & contracting. Our team of 22 includes Building Performance Institute-certified Energy Advisors, Project Managers, and Field Technicians, and is dedicated to providing you with excellent results and a pleasant contracting experienceRecent Review:It was very good. They were on time and professional.Richard S.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai..Recent Review:I called Octagon the day after we had an upstairs water leak. The next day, Octagan had scheduled a technician to assess the damage and set up the mitigation solutions to dry out the damage before mold could set in. Everyone from Octagon was friendly, professional and very responsive. If you need a fast, reliable and effective response, you will find it with OctagonStephen H.
- Business Description:drywall , building, remodeling, painting, eletricalRecent Review:It was horrible. Paul held up the renovation for over two months because he often did not show up or made excuses why he had to leave early. He was a one-man show, which meant this added to the time for the job. This was not know to us when we hired him. Also, our contractor had to fire him at the end of the job because he just could not finish it. The work that he did do is some of the worse drywall I have ever seen. We were not on site until after the painting was done and could not believe the lack of professionalism. We had to hire another person to try and fix his bad job and get things repainted. Terrible experienceLynn K.
- Business Description:New England Spray Foam is a registered Efficiency Maine Partner that services the entire state of Maine.Recent Review:It took two weeks and many calls & emails for Mark to respond to the problem of a leak in the system which caused damage to the ceilings & floor. When he called back we were told that his company didn't have the time to come out. He referred us to another company that does work for him. Two weeks later, someone came to look at the system, said they think they found the problem and told us if it leaked again to call back because we might need a new pump. Well, it leaked. We called. They didn't return the call. So, we called a local guy who was willing to come out that day. When my husband explained what we were told, he said there was no pump involved. And, he was right because with the information we got from the local guy, my husband was able to fix the problem in ten minutes. Very disappointed in the lack of and quality of service from New England Spray FoamTheresa L.
- Business Description:Home Remodeling, BBB, Certified, Insured, Deposit required before start of all projects, bonuses for business referrals accepted.Recent Review:Electrical and plumbing were subcontracted and I have no complaint on their work. However for the work this contractor performed.....It started out okay, complimented his work... But by the time the last of the porch repair and the bathroom reno was completed I realised I had made a huge error of judgement. He insisted in starting the porch work in the fall and then over the winter. When the ground thawed in the spring and the supports no longer met the concrete footing blocks, he used rigid foam boards to shim the concrete blocks up to meet the posts. The floorboards had been removed and proper footings could have been sunk below the frost line, instead it had to be jury rigged and as the ground heave sin the winter and thaws back down, I expect it to be only a matter of time before the folly of this becomes apparent and I will have to get a competent contractor in to fix it. The bathroom was to have a radiant heat floor put in, but the system installed is not meant to be used in a wet room. There is baseboard heat with a pipe running through the floor and that was "sealed" with a piece of moulding and if there is any problem with the heater or the pipe breaks it is harder to get to, nevermind just being able to clean it. I was concerned over the floor system and he promised me that a letter would be coming from the manufacturer saying the system was safe as installed. I spoke to a company rep and they cannot sign off on an installation that they did not witness. So I am unable to recommend this contractor based on any sense I have of his integrity. I am back to using a space heater and When I am able to I will have to have the floor taken up and the correct system put in. There are numerous other minor things, such as the laminate floor being laid with no regard to the pattern on the boards so the same pattern piece was used 3 times next to each other. I did look up how to install this type of floor and found plenty of instructive videos saying how the boards are usually separated by pattern and then laid down in such a way to be random and give the illusion of real wood. The result on my floor does not demonstrate to me an attention to detail. The light over the shower, an upgraded ceiling fan, an additional outlet or two were all part of the plan but were never installed. There were assertions like a new outlet would have cost $400. I checked with the electrician myself and was told that was not the price they would charge and did not understand why that would have been quoted. When issues were raised it was mentioned that he had a lien on someone's house who didn't want to pay for their finished projects. So, there is a lot of work to redo and since the money isn't there I will have to live with things as they are for a while. Not the result I was expecting after 6 months (way beyond the estimated time) of work having been done and at no small expense. I will try to post photos to illustrate what I have mentioned aboveChrystine H.
- Business Description:Family owned business based in Houlton, ME. We service the entire state of Maine, specializing in Spray Foam Insulation.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Attic insulation can help keep you comfortable year-round, lower your energy bills, and provide cleaner indoor air. Find out how much attic insulation costs and learn answers to common questions about this household essential.
Different types of garage insulation all come with advantages. The best option for garage insulation often comes down to price and existing setup. Learn the different types of insulation for your garage and choose the right fit for your home.
Find insulation contractors in
- Stockton Springs
- West Rockport
insulation contractors in Belfast
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Faucher's Home Improvement494 Quaker Road
- Faucher's Home Improvement
- GreyStone Construction42 Sunset St
- GreyStone Construction
- Jim Brann General Contractor38 Farrs Road
- Jim Brann General Contractor
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Spray Foam Of Maine LLC557 Hallowell-Litchfield Rd
- Stevens Siding & Window Co Inc40 Benton Plz
- Sustainable Structures, Inc.PO Box 45
- Smart Energy Solutions
- Wagner Home Renovation66 York Woods Road
South Berwick, Maine
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100
- Weather Seal Spray Foam Solutions5 Alton Ave
- Weatherization Experts214 Pond Rd
- Webb Insulation, LLC12 Franklin Ave.
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- Wagner Home Renovation