Have you noticed an unexpected water bill? Your meter might be to blame. This checklist can help you inspect your water meter to make sure it’s in working order.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Smithland, KY
There are 7 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Smithland
- Affordable Home ImprovementThey did run into issues not planned in replacement and cost did increase - but over all very satisfied. They did come back to caulk faucet at no charge.
- Kent Price Plumbing, IncKent Price Plumbing has always responded quickly to our calls and fixed the problem quickly as well. All of the employees have always been very professional and nice.
- Bluegrass Complete Plumbing and Drain LLCThe main shutoff valve inside the house leaked continually. This has been an ongoing issue for years. A previous plumber (not from Bluegrass) did not want to touch the 50+ year old copper fittings here. My wife insisted I call Bluegrass, as they repaired a toilet for her on her last visit here. Upon my initial call (a Thursday), they were swamped with business and would be 3-4 days getting to me. A dish to catch dripping water and a cloth towel allowed me to get by until I decided what to do. I did NOT make an appointment the first time. My wife insisted I wait for Bluegrass. After the weekend, hoping they were caught up, I called again and they could come out that very morning! I was impressed, glad I took my wife's advice, and waited for Bluegrass to do the work. Justin was on time, professional, asked me several questions to confirm what I wanted to take place, studied the problem for several minutes, wrote a bid, gave me a quote, then proceeded to work once I gave the ok. He did advise me of some cheaper alternatives in both fittings and materials, but was happy to provide the materials I requested (copper pipe and 1/4 turn ball valves). I wish I had checked in as the work was being done, as I might have had one valve located in a different position than he placed it. It is simply a preference issue...I would have placed it elsewhere. I am confident he would have gladly moved it had I caught it before it was all soldered up. I was not going to have them move it after it was all done. The quality of the work is top notch. I will use them again. They were clean, polite,respectful, professional, and know what they are doing. They were honest with me on my first call, saying they were swamped with work and could not get to me for 3-4 days. When I called again, they were right there, even though this was a maintenance/improvement project and not a plumbing emergency
- J & L PLUMBING INCTheir work went very well. They were wonderful. They knew what they were doing and were very experienced. Our overall experience with them has been good.
- J & L PLUMBING INCJ&L called me back within an hour after trying to get others to call me back. They said they would be here after 2:00 p.m. and they showed up around 3. Was very pleased. They picked up a new one and had all of the necessary parts if needed on hand. The task was competed within an hour and a half, cleaned up and hauled away . I was very very pleased and will use them again
- David Wallace & Mike Petter SewerAwesome service and help, would recommend to anyone. Very easy to get a hold of and explains everything.
- Ron Rock RemodelingExcellant. We own ten rental properties and Ron has worked on all of them. He is a good worker and we feel comfortable leaving him to work on his own. We have recommended him to our family and friends. We trust him enough to have him stay at our home while we were on a two week vacation.
- Martys PlumbingI give him all A's because, he does a good job he cleans house, your house looks better when he leaves then it did before he came. He is very neat, very reasonable rates, work is very good and he has even done some stuff for our church.
- B&M Heating & AirIt went great i couldnt have had it any better great guy very trusting very good all the way around. Thank You So Much B&M Heating & Air.
- J & L PLUMBING INCJ.R. was very polite and told me exactely when he was able to come. He called ahead to let me know the it would be in 45mins., a very thoughtful thing. He and his assitant did the job quickly and cleaned up everything. He also did several other small things which required going to a plumbing supply company. He did the requested things cheerfully and quickly. His price was very reasonable!! I will always call Jand L plumbing
Plumbers in Smithland
- Business Description:2 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR EXTRA LABOR & EXCAVATION. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE CHARGE. EXTRA CHARGES FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE. LICENSE #M6825. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL.Recent Review:J&L called me back within an hour after trying to get others to call me back. They said they would be here after 2:00 p.m. and they showed up around 3. Was very pleased. They picked up a new one and had all of the necessary parts if needed on hand. The task was competed within an hour and a half, cleaned up and hauled away . I was very very pleased and will use them again. <br /FRED L.
- Business Description:Paducah's most experienced, licensed plumbers serving Paducah and Western Kentucky's plumbing needs since 1978.Recent Review:It went fine, they were great. They were very prompt, they actually got down and did everything they needed to do, and they found the best price for me for the actual pump. I did have a little trouble contacting them at first but they did get back to mesherry t.
- Business Description:Drywall repair/framing/electrical/flooring/painting/lawn care/destruction/unloading/heavy lifting and cleaning. If not sure give us a call and ask. Together we have 26 years of experience and will guarantee you will be happy with our work
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:It went really well! Melissa from Executive Auto Shippers was very responsive and helped put my mind at ease as I’ve never done something like this before. The trucking company was very good and made sure the car was delivered on the estimated day and communicated well. Highly recommendChad F.
- Business Description:Hello Everyone! Spring is around the corner!🌺 Do you need a tree that needs done or any landscaping services you would like too look into? We are Fully Insured, Offer FREE Estimates, and now servicing the Tri-State Area. We care for trees through pruning, trimming, securing broken branches, specialize in multiple particular types of tree, or focus more on tree planting or tree removal.(Your Choice!) We also specialize in your landscaping & hardscaping needs,rock, stone, concrete and pavers, ..Recent Review:They did a very amazing job with the amount of trees i was needing done, they was very respectful and a very affordable price, my wife also hired then again when they mentioned landscaping and it was outstanding. I will call them again for the trees and landscaping needs next yearDylan Z.
- Business Description:Counter Culture Plus is Lexington's most personal surface contractor. We have every award in Central Kentucky, including multiple Super Service Awards here, as well as the highest rating on Google, Houzz, Facebook and seemingly everywhere in our area for consistently and comprehensively delivering a superior experience. In 2018, after over a decade of service to the company, GJ Gerard purchased Counter Culture and his wife Jena, joined the already amazing team, including the legendary Lesli..Recent Review:I am beyond impressed with the work and customer service provided by Counter Culture! They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we had a exceptional experience. We visited quite a few different granite/quartz showrooms in Lexington and found that Counter Culture had the best selection for white quartz and was reasonably priced. What really made our experience so great was that after the counters had been installed, that evening we realized we needed our dishwasher bracketed to the counters. We texted GJ (the President of Counter Culture) and he came out at 7:00pm that same night. We were not expecting him to drop everything and come out that night and were blown away by the level of care and customer service he provided. While the counters and workmanship is beautiful, I think our experience speaks volumes to the overall experience and attention you will receive as a customer hereRebecca D.
- Business Description:We offer a 5% discount to veterans.Recent Review:These guys came in, spent over an hour assessing the situation. They were sympathetic to our story. Very kind. They are very popular, and busy, but within a few weeks was ready to work. They never once no showed, they came early and stayed late. They cleaned their own messes, they were respectful of our home. Scott kept in constant communication. Within 3 days they had gutted out the floor that we paid 2 different guys to fix, same with the ceiling.....and in those 3 days they replaced both with perfection. Their sheetrock guy came in, then they returned to tile, and put up fixtures, etc. Only regret is i wish i had had them wire the bathroom as well, instead of having it done prior to, and then now waiting on electrician to return!!Deneshia w.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:Got results back within 3 days after I mailed the sample. Got the consolidated radon level for test happened for 48hrs. I wish I receive detailed (every hour for 48hrs) would have been more helpful to me.Narendra P.
- Business Description:Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business.Recent Review:very persistent after I visited their site and set up an account. The price of the policy kept dropping almost every time they called or emailed me so I ended up waiting until the calls dropped off and price stayed the same before buyingLinda S.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:The heater they supplied was a good one. However, they sent an inexperienced repairman to replace the heater. He slipped and fell through our newly remodeled bathroom. The company repaired the hole in the wall with the wrong texture and then wrong the type of grout. We are going to have ceiling repaired by a company recommended by the my daughter who works for one of the largest builders in the country. I have cancelled my service with the warrantee company. I now have to pay an additional $150.00 to have the ceiling refloated and all the wrong grout taken off and replaced with the correct type. <br /> <br /> *In response to service provider response: We hired 1 contractor that they recommended. He came out and said that he did a lot of work for High Tech. He fell through the ceiling that same day. We called High Tech the same day. They wanted my husband to go up in to the ceiling to get a model number. He is 79 years old and could not do that. We then had to contact a different service provider and pay an extra $150.00June G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The holidays can be hectic, so you don’t want to end up scrambling in case of an emergency. Here’s how to prepare for medical and maintenance emergencies.
Is your drinking water free of lead? If you have brass or copper pipes, it might not be. Find out how to check your pipes for lead.
Find Plumbers in
Plumbers in Smithland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Counter Culture Plus944 National Ave
- Counter Culture Plus
- Eddie Beck Excavation4899 Rosebud Rd
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Eddie Beck Excavation
- Frederick, Dr. James B617 23rd St Ste 415
- Frederick, Dr. James B
- Gibson Plumbing & Mechanical 5464 US-641 S
- Gibson Plumbing & Mechanical
- J & L PLUMBING INC1684 STATE ROUTE 1748 W
- J & L PLUMBING INC
- LOE performance services
- LOE performance services
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC. 7950 NW 53RD ST
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC.
- Outlaw Garage321 N Main St
- Outlaw Garage
- PK Heating & Cooling and Home Improvement729 Clareridge Ln
- PK Heating & Cooling and Home Improvement
- Ron Rock Remodeling1123 Husband Rd
- Ron Rock Remodeling
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.