CODY'S ROOFING

Founded 1994 • With Angi since December 2008

Roofing repair and replacement

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Frank J.
06/07/2015
They did a great job on the roof and their cleanup each night was good. The contract was for a three day install, weather permitting. The job took a total of six days with good weather all week. I know the contractor had employee issues that week but overall I think he just needed more people on his crews. I liked the trailer they had for the waste, no dang dumpster. When the job was done, the trailer was gone. The ridge vents look great and the shingles were of great quality and have the 3-D effect. After they finished the job I went around the yard and picked up a couple handfuls of rubbish including nails and staples but I expected that with anyone. Overall I am happy because the roof looks sooo good at a fair price
Description of Work
New residential roof.
samuel W.
09/19/2014
I completed all of the drywall repairs within 2 days,
Description of Work
He agreed to repair my roof in exchange for some drywall repair work on one of his customers homes.
Jeff B.
07/26/2014
We contacted him originally in october to get an estimate on the roofing job. The estimate was done pretty quickly and came in at a very reasonable cost. we made arrangements to start around the middle of november. For whatever reason he was not able to start then (I think he said there were weather delays on prior projects). As time went on I was a little worried that he wouldn't be able to get to it until the following spring. I called him once more in the middle december and he said he could start right after Christmas. I have to say I was surprised (and happy) that he was willing to get the job completed even in the winter. I gave him the up front money for the materials, they were ordered and delivered to my back yard. Then the deep freeze set in, and then all the snow. Happily, he was able to work around the snow and was able to finish the job. It ended up taking about 3 times longer than was estimated. I don't think all of that delay was weather related but most of it was. There are only a few complaints I really have. First, his crew wasn't quite as careful with my deck and landscaping as they could have been but overall that was a fairly minor issue (my wife was more concerned than I was). Second, there were a few gutters that he didn't re-attach properly that I've since had to spend 3 times more time and effort to fix than if he would have just taken the time to do it correctly the first time. Again, not a complete deal breaker but it was mildly irritating. I know I needed to replace some of the gutters anyway but that shouldn't have been an excuse to not do the job to the best of his ability with my existing, though somewhat shabby, gutters. Lastly, because of the snow, he wasn't able to clean up the area as well as he should have. That part was understandable but there were some things he could have cleaned up better right then even with the snow. We made arrangements for him to come back in the spring after the snow melted and finish clean up. When all the snow melted I ended up having to call him up to get him to come back to get the clean up done. He came one morning in april right before I went to work and began to pick up stuff. When I got home that afternoon it looked like he did a few minutes of work after I left and then left himself. There were many (most) area's around the house that it looked like he never even touched at all. I'm still picking up pieces of old roofing materials around my house even now. Now, I'm not sure if that was his standard level of clean up since I've only had this one experience with him but I'd like to think that if it wasn't for the mountains of snow preventing him from getting it cleaned up right away that he would have done a lot better job of it. I remember during the estimate process him being very adamant that when he was done everything would be so clean that we wouldn't even know he had been there. But he had the opportunity to make it right later and he really dropped the ball on that. That was probably my biggest complaint. On the plus side, there were a couple of things he did that were over and above what was included in the estimate and I was pleasantly surprise that he did. The roof looks very well installed and the warranty on the roof (50 years parts and labor) is outstanding. It was a really big job and he got it done in some pretty harsh wintery conditions. Kudos to his crew on that. I know I couldn't have worked outside all day as cold as it was on several of those days. Overall, I would not hesitate at all to use him again if necessary and I have no problems recommending him to others. just watch out for the small negatives listed above.
Description of Work
removed old roof & installed new shingled and flat roof.
Judy M.
07/08/2014
Never showed up, never called despite twice saying he was going to be there. Didn't return my last call.
Description of Work
Nothing
Ryan S.
06/21/2014
It went pretty smoothly. They had to do a complete tear off because of the previous roofing material on the house and that took a little while, but they were able to get that done and put the new roof on in about 4-5 days. They were nice to work with, responsive, and much less expensive than others. My only complaint is that some of the materials and mess fell into my attic from the small gap in the top after everything was tore off and it was a real mess to clean up. Other than that, no complaints.
Description of Work
Roof teardown and re-roofing.
Lance T.
05/17/2014
He gave us a free estimate and spent time talking with us. He gave us a great quote and in a timely manner. He was helpful in picking out the color of shingles too. He met his due date and my yard was garbage free. Every now and then we find a staple, but that didn't bother us.
Description of Work
He put took off old shingles and replace with new ones.
billy Z.
12/26/2013
Doug did a great job, all around! Lowest bid with the most offered, started when he said he would and finished when he said he would. (The weather was bad and he still stayed on schedule) . I had 7 months of bad experiences with other roofing companies ,around ft Wayne that told me they would start then not show up or schedule for an estimate then not show up, (br--- + Ze--)be aware!!! Codys roofing did me a good job at a good price when they said it would be done and Doug is a good guy, thanks!
Description of Work
Serviced roof.
Bruce S.
08/28/2013
Initially he was responsive and even showed up a day early. After the inspection he took forever to write an official report and my husband eventually met him in a parking lot, in which he wrote up a short description of needed repairs and printed it off in his truck. We needed to know approximate cost to repair his findings and the owners thought he was asking too much. The realtor and my husband and I tried to contact him further and he never returned our calls. It seemed like our business was too small for him to get back to us.
Description of Work
performed an inspection on our roof for the Appraiser
Joanrita T.
08/19/2013
They were excellent. The respond and follow up. He got the work done when he said he would get it done. The price is outstanding. I have nothing but good things to say about him. I'd like him to have a great review. Considering the weather and the circumstances, he got the job done. We have a great-looking roof. He even suggested improvements that just turned out outstanding. Everything was cleaned up. There was no sign that he was here when he left. I couldn't be happier.
Description of Work
I had my roof replaced by Cody's Roofing.
Ryan F.
08/04/2013
everything went great! fast response to get my quote and the project was started the next week. the crew worked hard to get it completed on time even with one day of rain out. the price was great compared to three other quotes I recieved. I would recommend and use them again.
Floyd E.
07/23/2013
We agreed on a date to start, and the workers were here on that date. Doug's two workers did 90% of the work, with a third man helping one day. They were very professional. At the end of each day, they cleaned up everything. All the old roofing materials were put in a trailer. They used a magnet on wheels to pick up all the metal that had come off the roof. There was nothing left in the yard or around the house. Their tools and roofing materials were stacked neatly out of the way.
Description of Work
Removed old singles, replaced tar paper, installed new shingles.
Chad H.
02/20/2013
Their service is a lot cheaper than their competitors. They did a good work. Most of our neighborhood used their service and we are satisfied with their job.
Description of Work
Cody's Roofing replaced our old roof with an all new roof.
Brent C.
08/14/2012
Never did do the service I requested even though he gave me a quote. He just disappeared and wouldn't return my calls. Very Very unreliable.
Description of Work
Used Cody's Roofing for a roof repair and everything was fine. I then asked if he did anything besides roofing and he said yes. I wanted to install a shower and sink in the basement. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get an estimate. Waited 3 weeks and called twice and he finally called me back and said it would take three more weeks before he could start. Four weeks later no word, I called 4 times and finally got ahold of him directly. He said it would be three more weeks before he could start. After three weeks I called 5 times with no return call. He just disappeared. Exremely poor responsiveness, punctuality, professionalism. Even though the first experience was a good one, the second time I tried to use him was so bad he gets an F in all categories. Don't use him!
Mike L.
07/12/2012
The job went very well. After arriving home and seeing the damage to my roof after a recent storm, I called Cody's roofing and talked to Doug who is the owner. He came out to my home the next morning and provided a verbal estimate and followed up a couple of days later with a professional estimate in a nice folder which he hand delivered. He provided several options in the estimate at my request and the pricing was very reasonable. After my roof was inspected by my insurance adjuster and I was informed that the insurance would only cover the cost of replacing the damaged shingles and not a tear-off, I called Doug and asked him to replace the damaged shingles. He was very understanding of my situation and gave me a very good price on replacing the damaged shingles. He had to track down some shingles for me since the brand on my roof is out of business and I did not have enough to complete the job. He showed up a couple of days later and did the repair work. The replacement shingles that he found match my roof very well and the job looks great! I would recommend Cody's roofing to all of my friends and neighbors.
Description of Work
Roofing estimate and repair after recent storm.
Kimberly E.
06/26/2012
They showed up when they said they would and worked late into the evening. They did an outstanding job on removing the old shingles and they were meticulous about placing everything in the dumpsters. They paid attention to detail and it showed in the finished work. We were very pleased with the job that they did.
Description of Work
Cody's Roofing did an outstanding job. He was very quick to return our phone call and gave us an estimate within days of seeing the job. He showed up on time and stayed until the job was done. He is very peticular about his work and even came back later after his crew had left to finish up on the job. We had a lot of other estimates and Cody's Roofing was the lowest bid but we got the highest quality. We could not have asked for a better clean up job. Cody's Roofing went above and beyond as far the cleanup went. The shingles that Cody's Roofing uses is Best Buy by Consumer Reports. We highly recommend Cody's Roofing and would use them for sure in the future.
Lindsey S.
06/08/2012
Terrible. Doug is a decent guy that definitely knows what he's doing on a roof, however on this occasion he wasn't able to give me what I wanted which was a roof with no leaks. I made a deal with Doug that I would tear off the old roof and him and his helper would shingle it. So I held up my end of the bargain by removing all of the shingles and doing all of the cleanup. There were a few spots that the 1/4 in board should have been replaced and he was obviously too lazy to want to do it right, we was more worried about getting it done fast. The plumbing vent on the roof was botched and due to that my roof leaked. When I asked him to come over and look at it he said he would and then never called or showed up to fix it. I'm glad he didn't actually I found someone reliable that stands behind their work to come over and fix it! I will never use him or Cody's roofing again.
Description of Work
Shingle Roof
Toby G.
06/07/2012
Overall it went pretty well. They were pretty responsive when I called, returning my calls and doing the quote very quickly. They started the job 1 day late due to weather, but overall were pretty much right on schedule. The quality of the work was outstanding. The roof looks great. and I have gotten up there and inspected everything. There was nowhere that I felt he cut corners, or did sub-par work. I am not worried about any leaks anytime in the foreseeable future. The only thing that I did not think was done as well as it could have been was the tear-off. They tore a lot of the roof off and threw it down in my yard for pick-up. I wish that they would have laid out a tarp to throw it down on so that all of the nails did not end up in my yard. Also, during the tear off, many of the nails went into the gutters... then, when they tore off the gutters, the contents spilled all over my yard. At the end of the project, they tried to clean up all of the nails out of the yard, but I have still found many nails that were left over. I mentioned it to them, and I hope that from this time on they will use a tarp and maybe be a little more careful. I realize that nails are always an issue with a tear-off, but I think there are some precautions that can be taken that make it not quite as bad.
Description of Work
I had Cody's do a full tear-off and re-roof on my house. It was a 2 layer tear-off, so it was a fairly significant job. They also replaced all of the gutters on the house. They did a really nice job on the roof. As a part of the job, he replaced all of my standard roof vents with ridge vent as well as doing some "re-engineering" on a part of the roof that was not originally designed correctly and was causing some issues.
Brent C.
06/06/2012
Since it was the busy season for roofing, I wasn't surprised it would take three weeks to schedule. He completed all aspects within our verbal discussion on what needed to be done. I would use him again.
Description of Work
I had a flat roof area on my house that was leaking, approximately 10x10. I contacted several companies and Coy's Roofing called first and within 48 hours stopped by and gave a quote. We agreed upon price and he told me upfront it would take 1-2 weeks. He started on the work in 3 weeks and replaced the roofing, put in a new downspout in one day. He stopped by that evening to have the work approved and pickup his check.
Chad H.
04/26/2012
We were happy with their work. It was fast and cleaned up all the mess and hadn't really had any issues with the roof. They have probably done because most of the homes in our neighborhood are probably 15 to 20 years old. I bet every third home they did. They are quick and clean. They had it done in 3 days. I would absolutely use them again in the future.
Description of Work
We had a roof done by Cody's Roofing.
Emily R.
03/20/2012
This company was very prompt and responsive with the estimate. The company was one of half a dozen from which I solicited estimates. The estimate was so low that it was far outside the bounds of the average estimate. The representative pressed me to decide quickly, because he could only offer this price for a short time. The price was supposedly low because he had a supplier who was able to get shingles at a huge discount. Since the shingles were actually a small part of the estimates I received from other companies, I was concerned both with what the quality of materials would be and also the quality of work. I went with a company with whom we had dealt in the past and had been satisified, and one whose estimate was right in the neighborhood of the other companies' price estimates. I thought Cody's estimate had to be "too good to be true."
Description of Work
Estimate for reroof. Estimate only, no work performed.
Ray K.
08/05/2011
Overall the work went well. The crew showed up when expected and worked until the job was finished two days later. His employees acted professionally and did a good job. We had a small problem getting the dumpster removed timely, but a call to Mr. Baldwin took care of the problem. I liked the fact that Cody's is a factory certified CertainTeed shingle installer and provides an additional warranty as a result.
Description of Work
i contacted Cody's Roofing to inspect and provide an estimate for replacing a roof on a house that I own. Doug Baldwin (owner) was very responsive and provided an inspection and estimate by the next day. He stopped by my house and personally went over the estimate and proposed work and discussed possible scheduling. He also provided a number of jobs that he had recently completed as reference and invited me to inspect them if so desired. A few days later I signed a contract for the work and we worked out a schedule that fit both our needs.
Karen K.
07/01/2011
The man I worked with was not Cody but some other man, he responded within 24 hrs of my 1st call, was personable, gave a general estimate over the phone, arranged to come the next week and then never showed up or called to cancel. I had to call HIM for each of the 5 subsequent "no-show and no phone-call" appointments because he never called me. the 1st "no-show" was an "I didn't finish the job I was on in time" but a courtesy call to reschedule would have been nice, the 2nd was a family emergency, the 3rd another "I couldn't fit it in like I planned", the 4th it actually rained and the 5th was good weather but another "no-show and no phone-call". After almost 7 weeks of increasing interior damage to my home and trying to get him over there to fix the roof, I got the clue that my business wasn't important or large enough to be a priority for him and I found someone else. I hate to badmouth anyone but this was BAD. I missed work/took vacation several times and even had my parents go out of their way to be there in case he needed anything during the repair. He never even bothered himself to call me to let me know he wasn't coming...
Description of Work
He was supposed to come over to fix a leak around a chimney that was deteriorating a cathedral ceiling each time it rained.
Dan O.
05/08/2011
Cody's roofing gave us the best quote, but close to several others, but far less than some box store quotes and other experienced' roofing companies. Doug is a little rough around the edges, but he knows his stuff. He does the work himself with one helper. He was very up front about our choice of shingles, the time it would take, reference of nearby homes to look at and for people we could call for references. Only rain delayed the whole project, but he arrived early and worked later with his helper, then cleaned everything up. They had to replace a lot of the sub-surface plywood, but he showed me the damaged wood, stuck to his quoted price for the wood too. He gave me a fair credit at the end of the job too for a small dispute we had over a minor detail. I'd recommend him. Roof replaced in April, but some tiles blew off over the summer, this is the end of August and he won't come out to fix things even though the roof is under warranty, and we have made repeated calls. This is very upsetting.
Description of Work
We had our roof re-shingled, including a complete tear off and replacement of most of the 4x8 plywood sheets for the roof.
Judson B.
12/29/2010
I dealt with the owner and he showed me what he had to do. Even though the work was beyond what they thought it was going to be they didn't change the price on me. I will use them again because I have to do the same thing with the garage.
Description of Work
We just had the roof replaced by someone else in June and it wouldn't pass inspection. Cody's Roofing had to take someone else's work and tear it down to the rafters and fix the problems.
Greg M.
07/22/2010
He did a great job!!!! Took about a week and that is only because he did the whole job by himself. Cleaned up everyday!!!! You would be stupid not to hire this gentleman!!!! AAA plus rating!!!! It took me awhile to write this review after he had finished the job, but I never was called by him telling me to make sure I give him a good review!!!! A very stand up guy!!!!
Description of Work
He did a hole roof tear off and put on a 30 year shingle with warranty and fixed any damaged areas.

Phone