A-1 Concrete Leveling

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2010

4.4

4723 SR 930

Fort Wayne, IN 46803

A-1 Fort Wayne has grown to 13 employees, having grown each of the 10 years of current ownership. A-1 travels within 90 minutes of Fort Wayne and has served the area for 16 years. A-1 is locally owned with the support of a national franchise. A-1 lifts concrete to match offset concrete/trip

09/05/2017

Kim D.

They came onto our property, drilled holes in the concrete in order to inject a clay like matter to raise the lower slabs, and drilled too close to our pool. When they injected the clay, there were popping noises coming from the pool walls. We haulted the work, and the pool wall blew out. They said it was their fault and never did a thing to fix it. We lost our built in pool because we had to have it demolished. They caved a basement wall of a friends house, and messed up the foundation of another friends house. Their cabinets are now falling off the walls in their kitchen.

Description of Work
Levelling of concrete around our pool.

08/26/2017

Carolyn K.

I am just glad that they offer that service, because it really corrects a lot of problems.

Description of Work
Concrete leveling.

11/21/2016

John S.

Work was performed earlier than I expected.

Description of Work
Driveway level

11/16/2016

Linda R.

Contractor was not used, went with someone else.

Description of Work
Contractor was not used, went with someone else.

11/06/2015

francis V.

Basement wall is now dry so end result there IS achieved and we are very pleased with that part. The rest SUCKS!! Communication has been a BIG problem and one guy doesn't ever seem to know what the other has been told already. Plus they have been dreadful at arranging anything in advance and simply turn up, when they want, expecting us to be there. We were not advised to move anything outside before they began. So all the (quite expensive!) gravel we had just bought finished laying was immediately bulldozed. A row of azalia and lilac shrubs freshly planted were chewed up and wrecked. The path raised was not in line and huge uneven gaps were left. They have come back and somewhat rectified this but we now have large, ugly silicon fillings in the path as their best repair attempt. They put in a fresh drain, but it is about 6" too low from the height they raised the path therefore gets smothered by the earth they left around it and so totally inefficient and useless. The sump pump sticks up about 9" too. high above the soil line they have created so is an ugly eyesore. All the area around the back door looks like a big soil dump mess. No way the finished landscaping as promised. All these items have been reported to the company and they HAVE agreed to rectify it all BUT they say the ground STILL 'needs to settle' (this was started months ago!) and they won't be back now until the spring. Thus we still have many more months of waiting with this unsightly mess until someone from their company says it is settled enough!!!. I am not convinced they wait this long on all their other jobs, I simply think because ours has been botched up so badly this is their way of retaliation because we were not satisfied with their poor workmanship. So if you use these people, BE AWARE the job is going to take AT LEAST 6 MONTHS to complete!!! And you mustn't disagree with anything they do, plus be ready to hear, over and over, "It wasn't MY fault, I wasn't here on that occasion, I didn't do that, it was someone else."

Description of Work
Brought in to help stop leaks in the basement. They said they could do this by adding another sump pump outside and diverting water away from the underground wall using a "french drain" system, involving digging up the whole area and layering dirt with gravel. Said we HAD to have ground level higher and lifted path to back door accordingly.

01/29/2015

Mark J.

Workers were professional and corrected the issues. They worked very hard and even came in extra on a Saturday to complete the work.

Description of Work
A-1 leveled off back patio and pumped up the concrete. A-1 also put in several pier brackets for garage and front porch area. Poured concrete for a new front porch.

06/18/2014

Martin S.

It went well. They showed up on time and did what they said what they were going to do. They cleaned up after they left and everything was good.

Description of Work
I used A-1 Concrete Leveling. They leveled up my concrete floor on my garage.

05/26/2014

joan P.

both men were very nice and professional. They arrived on time and went over and abve to make sure that the driveway was pitched just right

Description of Work
graded 6 areas of driveway for good drainage, lifted front porch steps and back door steps. Then caulked all areas needed

04/23/2014

April C.

They showed up and generally did what they said they would do. Some of the color of the concrete they used to fill in the holes did not match my sidewalk. They need to make sure the customer has a good understanding of what can and can't be done.

Description of Work
I used A-1 Concrete Leveling to do some concrete leveling.

03/14/2014

KAREN G.

They were great! I have a home near the lake so I know it was a lot of hard work. They cleaned up and they were very pleasant to work with. I have another home in Indianapolis and I am considering using the A-1 Concrete company located in Indianapolis. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sinking porch. Lift up porch and fixed the problem.

02/19/2014

Gary M.

The repeated the procedure at no charge in October because it had settled later about 1/4-1/2 inch. I will check it again in the spring to see if it is okay now.

Description of Work
A-1 raised my sidewalk in a low spot over the water lines from the street.

12/17/2013

Jill C.

KennelI was absolutely thrilled with the work A-1 did. My new floor turned out awesome. The guys were here right around 7 every day, and one day didn't leave until around 8 in the evening. They told me it was going to take about 3 days and they made sure they got it done in those three. There were between 3 and 6 guys here working at all times, and they were all very nice and polite. They made sure they put down drop cloths and tried to make as little mess as possible. All of the work was done in a business and they were completely accommodating. The leveling work they did also turned out great. I needed a good slope for water to run and they made sure of it. I was very impressed with the way they all worked together, they were basically like a well- oiled machine, and any breaks they took were limited to a couple minutes. The only reason I gave them a B for responsiveness was because it was a little hard to get a hold of them prior to their start date with some questions, but they made sure to check everything and make sure it was all what I wanted when they were here. Very happy with their work.

Description of Work
A-1 Completely removed a concrete floor and replaced it with a new one, including drains, drainage tile, and pouring a new footer on one side. The also pumped up some concrete in a different area.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

11/04/2013

Martin S.

Everything went as expected. They explained the whats and whys, and proceeded to complete the work in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Filled gap under garage floor

10/24/2013

Mark J.

Team showed up on time, performed work and cleaned up when they were done.

Description of Work
Leveled the steps leading up to my porch

09/11/2013

Constance L.

Our basketball court and a section of it is kind of worked up in the air so it's not really a priority but it's something that we needed to check on. It was a couple of months ago but we never acted on it and we'll probably wait until spring since we're coming into the fall weather. The work was to level off the area where the children play basketball in the back. The estimate was probably fair, it's just that I'm a senior citizen, I'm 83 years old and I need to do the things that I can afford to do and if the estimate would have been closer to half of that, I maybe would have proceeded with that estimate. As it was there were other things that needed taken cared of and that's why I didn't do it. I didn't get anything to compare it with but I think the price was a little high. The gentleman who came was very kind and helpful. They were also quick.

Description of Work
A-1 Concrete Leveling came out and gave us an estimate and we're still thinking about it if we'll have it done.

09/03/2013

April C.

The job was well done. They couldn't raise the stairway as much as we would like and there is still a gap but they said that the railing that was installed into the stairs would crack the concrete if they raised it more. The only issue is that the holes that they filled do not match our concrete at all and so we have a bunch of white circles in our driveway and sidewalk. Their website says that keep the dust/material from drilling the holes to mix in the material that the fill the holes so it will match, but clearly they didn't do that. It has been a few months now and I was hoping it might fade a bit and match better, but it hasn't. But from what I can tell everything is holding up well.

Description of Work
Raised part of sidewalk and a stairway and a few sections of the driveway. FYI I used the A-1 in Indianapolis, not Muncie. Not sure if they are all the same.

08/26/2013

lauren S.

I called the provider 3 times, each time prompted to leave messages. These messages were never returned. I had a major project that needed several bids and I was disappointed in A-1 for never returning my calls.

Description of Work
The provider NEVER returned my phone calls. I did read one reviewer who indicated this was a problem for them as well, but I did expect some return call. I will never recommend this service.

08/19/2013

Rex M.

Very well pleased with the work they performed,however I thought they could have cleaned up a little better than what they did. They did exactly what I paid them to do.

Description of Work
Filled 12 air duct vents in our slab and capped off the vents.

08/13/2013

John G.

We used A-1 CONCRETE LEVELING in the past to fill the void in the driveway. We were very pleased with them then and now. They were very good, very professional, and answered all my questions. They accepted a coupon they weren't aware of and they were on time.

Description of Work
A-1 CONCRETE LEVELING leveled the settled voids in the driveway to get them level with the rest of the driveway.

07/30/2013

Kristine F.

We believe we had the problem due to the summer drought of 2012. My uncle is a builder and indicated that several homes in Northeast Indiana have had foundation problems. This house was built on a cement slab and we have never had an issue since it was built in the late 50's. We recently realized we had cracks in the garage floor, and in a few rooms of the house. The side door was also out of alignment. I called A-1 Concrete because of their good reviews by others on Angie's List. It went well. They had to cut sections of an existing sidewalk to dig out areas in which to place piers for lifting the foundation. They drilled small holes in the garage floor in which to inject a cement slurry as part of the process. They succeeded in raising the foundation to it's original level, and we were pleased. The job was completed as promised and we are happy with the results. The sidewalk remains to be fixed (this was not part of the original estimate), and we are considering A-1 Concrete for this also. They told us they would return and replace the cut-out sections after tamping down the dirt in a few weeks. That has not yet occurred due to the recent time of the job (done one week ago). What was impressive is that we asked them to place the cut-out sections on top of the remaining areas of the sidewalk, so as not to kill the grass in the yard. The workers promised to come back and do so---true to their word they made is so. Overall I was very pleased with the whole job. The only negative in this experience was that the office does not always have someone available to take phone calls, so we had to make a few calls for scheduling. Otherwise, excellent job!

Description of Work
A-1 Concrete raised the foundation of the house to level it out. They came out and estimated the job, told us how it would go, answered all our questions. They even wrote up the estimate and dropped it off later that same evening! Impressive. The scheduled day of the job, they arrived punctually, and performed the job as promiesed over the course of two days.

02/25/2013

Leonard M.

Overall the repairs went well - based on what we've seen so far we are confident that their work has permanently resolved our issues.

Description of Work
Changed the grade of our patio to allow for runoff, sealed patio to house, raised and leveled front porch steps and leveled sections of our walkway.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

11/07/2012

Timothy W.

Overall with the work they have done, they were here, done and gone in under 30 minutes. Be aware, however, they are known to be difficult to get ahold of as they are normally not in their office/shop. Took them almost a week to get back to me. Patience is required !

Description of Work
They leveled my sidewalk (a 4ft by 4ft section). Was also quoted with that particular job of leveling part of my driveway, an area of about 10ft by 20ft, which they estimated at around an extra $800. Also had them give us a quote at our new home. Our back patio which is severely cracked and unlevel, it measures about 8ft by 20ft. The amount of leveling needed is substantial, the quote for that was around $2000-2200. It was also quoted for tearing it out and pouring new concrete for around $3500 (through A1). Due to the condition of the patio, we haven't decided what our best option is as of now especially since leveling larger areas is not guaranteed to be permanent. They do have a set minimum amount you must spend, it was around $300.

10/11/2012

Douglas L.

The service was very good. They solved ongoing foundation problems that we had in the past.

Description of Work
They did some leveling of the foundation around our front door. They had to put three piers in.

Category foundation repair

08/02/2012

David S.

If I would recommend them to other people, I would say that if you need to replace your driveway or walkway they will immediately attend to you. I think they have a reasonable price. The quality of their work is realistic from what they did.

Description of Work
A-1 Concrete Leveling concreted our driveway and then they did a followup after that.

04/05/2012

KENNETH & KATHLEEN M.

I was happy with my service and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I hired A-1 Concrete Leveling and Basement Repair to raise the concrete outside of my garage.

DEVMAX Construction, LLC

We specialize on concrete work! Construction you can count on. A solid project will be found when you have our crew around, at their best and at your service. Don’t get framed by the competition, trust our solid reputation. Call us now for a free estimate at (260) 312-4736!

Acculevel Inc

Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. A dry home is a healthy home. Acculevel is committed to providing the most technologically advanced repairs to help keep your home dry and on a safe foundation. A strong foundation protects your home's structure, lowers utility bills and maintains the value of your property. Check our pictures for the signs & symptoms of foundation & water damage, and then call Acculevel for your free visual inspection. 1-866-669-3349

Offers Coupon

Basement Systems of Indiana

Basement Systems of Indiana is your trusted local team for basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space repair, and humidity and mold control. We recognize the importance of healthy, functional below-grade spaces and how they affect the rest of your home. We specialize in improving your home's energy efficiency, safety and indoor air quality with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We provide FREE estimates for our patented crawl space, basement and concrete repair services. All of our services also include full transferable, lifetime warranties.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Slab Jacking. Mud Jacking. Leveling. Foundation Repair. Basement Wall Repair. Chimney Straightening & Stabilization. Concrete Replacement & Pouring. Caulking. Grinding. Sealing Of Surfaces And Seams & Cracks.

Overlays.