Arrow Masonry & Exteriors Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2002

29 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Award winning....

Calzante Construction

Whether you’re looking for a Chicago masonry contractor for new construction, or a Chicago masonry specialist to do some repair work such as tuckpointing, brickwork or stonework to your existing home or business, Calzante Construction is a name you can trust. We are professionals that manage all aspects of your job to ensure it’s completed on schedule and to your satisfaction!

Lawrence E Gustafson Roofing

Super Service Award Winner for 2016. Family owned & operated. Please call Larry at (847) 404-1687! I'd love to speak with you about your contracting needs!

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

06/13/2020

Jarad W.

All around, Arrow Masonry was outstanding. Mike visited our 3-flat building several times over the last few years to diagnose and advise on different problems, saving us thousands in unnecessary repairs. I sincerely wish all service providers and contractors operated the way Mike's operation does. This is a well-oiled machine with a commitment to quality and a pride for getting the details right. I highly recommend Mike and Arrow Masonry for any brick, block, and cement sealing and repair work. We were in year 8 of our split-face block's 10-year sealant life expectancy. In preparation for a re-seal, a major building expense, we did some preliminary shopping and received 4 quotes last year. Mike's quote wasn't the cheapest and it wasn't the most expensive. However, his command of masonry and ability to call out the details was impressive. He and his office (shout out to Patti!) were highly responsive as well. Our Association felt the most confidence in Mike's quote and decided that when the time came, we would go with Arrow Masonry. This year, the units in our building experienced 3 leaks above 3 different windows within 120 days. Time to accelerate the sealing job! We were able to get Mike and his crew scheduled to come out within 2 weeks. The crew showed up, on time, at 7 AM sharp and worked through 5 PM each day. It took a total of 4 days to get the job done. After each day, they cleaned up the entire site as if they were never there. This was greatly appreciated. Steve, the foreman, and the rest of the crew were incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and addressed a lot of extra details that we did not even ask the team to address. They repaired our front steps, unprompted, and did a high quality overhaul of the flashing on our rear balconies to help prevent runoff down the exterior block below each deck. I did a final review the day after the job, loaded up a photo album of small adjustments that had to be made, shared with Mike, and he had the crew out in 24 hours, a Saturday morning, to wrap up all the final details. They really knocked it out of the park! Our Association could not be more satisfied with the job and the experience. We will happily use them again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Waterproof Sealing, Caulking, Tuckpointing, Cement Repair

08/04/2018

Michael P.

Human nature tends to drive people to post reviews when they have a complaint about a business, however, I gladly will write a positive review when the opportunity presents itself. This, however, is not one of those opportunities. Arrow Masonry couldn't even adequately schedule our work. After being promised a work commencement date in mid-August 2018, (with an executed contract in early July, and communications since late June) I received a call on Aug 3rd from the scheduler to be notified that our job would not be able to be completed in 2018. This call came 2 days after being notified that work would start on August 13th if there weren't any other weather delays. Not sure what changed, as the owners never called me, as requested. If the lack of ability to schedule appropriately isn't enough of a red flag, please check their BBB complaints of faulty work and a lack of responsiveness on warranty claims. Avoid at all costs.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing & Sealing

Category masonry,house painters

I would like to apologize for your recent experience. I have just returned from out of town this past weekend. The estimator that you worked with could have been more upfront from the beginning regarding the difficulties with scheduling this year. The rain this season has pushed the schedules back more than 6 weeks so far, as of August 7. Our crews and staff are extremely backed up as a result of these delays. This is the reason no funds were requested when the tentative schedule was set. We felt that it was more prudent to inform you ahead of time of the probability of being able to complete this work in the 2018 season rather than continually pushing a start date back putting you at any further risk.

04/14/2017

Thomas P.

Asked someone to come out to bid a masonry and tuckpointing job for a 6-unit condo project in Chicago. individual came out and we discussed the scope of work. When I inquired about what the recommended scope of work would be, the individual immediately become confrontational and explained he would only perform the work "his" way. When I told him that's fine and to include in the proposal whatever he is comfortable doing, he said, "maybe you should just hire someone else" and walked away. Bizarre stuff. I guess he just wanted to pick a fight? Either way I'm glad we parted ways before we entered into any sort of agreement.

Description of Work
Concrete sealing and tuckpointing work for 6-unit condo building

08/13/2016

Nancy S.

Cinder blocks have to be waterproofed. Otherwise, cinder blocks absorb rain like a sponge and water starts coming into the building. You've got to waterproof these bricks. You have to do it every 10 years. It's a special paint for the bricks. The stuff can get really expensive, that's why we did it in two stages. Everybody in the building had to pitch in with a special assessment because we didn't have the money in our condo account to do it. They did like the west side of the building and then the back side of the building the first time and then they did the east side of the building and the front side the second time. I didn't do the original hiring of these people. The daughter of the lady that owned the unit on the third floor was living up there. She didn't work and she had the time. They were Angie's List members. They did all the interviewing. I did talk to the lady, her name is Kathy Torres. They came out a few times taking pictures and I remember talking to her. She was really professional. They were very knowledgeable. You kind of have to get everyone in the building to agree on the stuff. She had called some places and I think from their homework they thought that Arrow was really good. And then when I met Kathy Torres, she was really knowledgeable and really on top of things. I think their price was good. I remember her looking at other places and they were all about the same. It's not a cheap job. The work was good. There was always good communication.

Description of Work
They did water proofing. It was some kind of paint.

Category house painters

10/06/2015

Susan F.

Horrible and arrogant attitude! My bf's condo association has done a lot of business with Arrow, so he referred me. However, it took months to get this guy to call me back. Once he did, he actually complained about my calling before.....6 months before.... to which he never called back. He then was very condescending and started to complain about needing to drive out of his way to provide the quote (I live in Lincoln Park). When I asked if he knew of anyone closer to the city, he scoffed that "he was the best" and went off about how valuable his time was. Well, my time is too, and I'm not the one getting paid. I've literally never heard someone in a service industry say such absurd things. I politely explained how he didn't need to do it if the job were too far away, but wanted to know if there was anyone else he could refer me to. He then literally hung up on me! They clearly need to update their service area or get less lazy employees

Description of Work
Nothing.... he never calls back and is very unprofessional

06/19/2015

TIFFANY P.

Estimator came right away and I didn't need to be home - everything was laid out in estimate! Estimator also noticed how a previous small job had been done incorrectly. There is never answering machine and you always talk to a person. We had a lot of water issues and have none now. They matched our mortar and did a great job. Looks excellent. I called this spring about an issue and was immediately called back by the foreman who was on our job. Issue resolved immediately. Would recommend Arrow to all.

Description of Work
Arrow tuckpointed our entire brick house. Also - lintil replacement on windows

09/10/2013

Lawrence F.

Two men showed up to do the work and completed it in one afternoon. It looks great to me. I have had Arrow do work previously and feel they do a professional job at a reasonable cost and will call again if I need some work done.

Description of Work
There was an area of my west wall which needed to be fixed. Mike came and looked at it the day after I called. Since it was a small job and not an emergency, we agreed it would be done on a day when the workers finished early at another location.

08/27/2013

Arleatha E.

It went ok. A coworker from work referred Arrow Masonry to me and I also found it on Angieslist. I had some questions so I called and spoke to Ann and she was helpful. I also talked to I think her name was Karie. The tuckpointing blending in ok.

Description of Work
Spot Tuck Pointing

05/29/2013

Sabah A.

The SP came over, analyzed the work, and provided a quote. Great. Then I signed the quote and sent it back. I have yet to get the job scheduled and what was over a months ago. After repeated phone calls and emails, no one ever returns my inquiry. Here I thought I had the SP I needed and they aren't responsive enough to do the job.

Description of Work
The SP was supposed to patch up a water leak we were having in our basement.

Category masonry,replacement windows

05/14/2013

Marvin L.

Job was to be perform at 228 W. Cermak in Chicago. Did not use them. No work performed.

Description of Work
They came out to give an estimate. Give me a price. After about a week I ask if they would do the job and was told I needed to sign the contact that I didn't get so the girl faxed me a copy. I signed it the same day and indicated that I needed to schedule and have the job done a.s.a.p. Wait about 4 days, no reply. Called them again and waited a few more days, No reply. So I gave them job to another company. They called 4 hours after I gave the job to another company. I would not afford to wait for them to come do the job. I had a deadline and he didn't care. They were cheaper. But that doesn't matter if they can't or won't do the job when I need it.

Arrow Masonry & Exteriors Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2002

400 S Vermont St

Palatine, IL 60067

Tuckpointing, masonry repair, chimney rebuilding & repair, parapet & firewall rebuilding, lintel replacement, terra cotta restoration, caulking, waterproofing balcony coatings, parking deck restoration, new construction repair & critical inspections.

Concrete repair, chimney sweeping, & chimney lining or re-lining.

Check, Visa, MasterCard