Whether you have high ceilings or a busted lamp, changing a light bulb can be more of a hassle than you might think. Follow these tips for easy light bulb changes.
Get matched with top lights in Ely, IA
There are 5 highly-rated local lights.
Recent Lighting Reviews in Ely
- Dependable ElectricWonderfully. Not only would I hire them again, they would be the only electrical contractor I would hire if I would need one in the future. I received 2 other bids and both included discussions of how much drywall would need to be removed and that they would have to work around air ducts. With Dependable, no drywall removal and installation of special fixtures designed not to have to recede into the ceiling, so as to go underneath airducts. Also, at one half the price of one of the estimates. They know what they're doing and they did it well
- Dependable ElectricThis is a small family run business. Jerry whom came to go over the work was prompt and understood my requirements for the job (I am a retired contractor from California and am amazed by the general lack of detail regarding the work scope I see from most contractors here in Iowa). Dependable provided me with a comprehensive work scope and what I felt was a very fair price for the work being done. One electrician (Cody) worked his tail off and went far beyond what I expected to assure that all our upstairs fire alarms were updated to current code requirements. I'd use Dependable Electric again in a heart beat and so should you
- Dependable ElectricThe contractor did a great job. The estimator drew maps of the work to be performed and the installer was well prepared on arrival. The cost estimate was adhered to and I would definitely recommend this contractor. We were very pleased with the quality of the work and with the professionalism displayed
- Dependable ElectricVery punctual, right price, friendly, knowledgable, courteous. was very well pleased. I plan on hiring them for other projects.
- Dependable ElectricThey have always been punctual and done a great job. It can take a couple of weeks to get them because they are so popular, so plan ahead.
- Dependable ElectricIt went GREAT! The gentleman worked HARD all day on a very warm day. He had to go into my attic and he had to enter into the crawl space to do some of the work. He took his shoes off in the house (carpet), he checked with me several times throughout the day to be sure he was doing the work as I wanted from placement of the lights in the soffits to the bathroom fan selection. With a co-worker coming toward the end of the day to help finish the job was done in one day which I appreciated
- Dependable ElectricThey came to the house and looked over the work to be done in order to give us an estimate. They then called back with an estimate and we scheduled the job. This was all done in a timely fashion. They gave us a approximate date the work would be done and said they would call back with the exact date. They followed thru in a timely fashion and the work was completed to our satisfaction
- Dependable ElectricDependable was excellent at returning calls, keeping appointment and getting work done for less than estimate. I would definitely use their services again.
- Dependable ElectricThis was one of the best experiences I've had with a contractor. Business owner came as scheduled to spec the work for an estimate. The owner is very helpful and personable, asks good questions and makes appropriate suggestions. I received his estimate via email within a week of his visit. Workman arrived as scheduled prepared and ready with a work list matching the estimate. He proceeded through the job without interruption and asked me anytime there were choices to be made. He was pleasant and industrious and clearly in command of the skills of his trade. The wiring was completed in the first day. Since the deck is under construction, mounting the fixtures (which I supplied) must wait until ceiling and wall surfaces are in place. Fixture mounting (but not the fixtures) is included in the original estimate. The deck wiring required rerouting the existing outside service and drilling through vertical studs to route wiring. The new shop circuit required routing wiring over three rooms, dealing with a suspended ceiling and drilling holes in overhead floor joists to run wiring
- Dependable ElectricThey were able to schedule us soon after we'd called. They were very prompt on the day they were scheduled to come. They stayed on task until the job was done. L&M Shay
Lights in Ely
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:We specialize in all aspects of residential electrical wiring for new homes, additions, and remodels. We want to be a company you can depend on and when the job is done we can shake hands and be friends. We will treat you and your home with respect. Estimates are free and we will do our best to accommodate your busy scheduleRecent Review:Went realy well in an out just like they said. Only problem was with the electrical company not Dependable ElectricTodd T.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Sales and installation of top of the line products. Windows, Doors, Siding, Kitchen and bath remodel, and decks.Recent Review:The work that Drew Davis and his crew of Better Home Remodelers did, surpassed my expectations. Better Home Remodelers transformed the bathroom by their detailed and beautiful work. Even to this day, I still notice exacting touches they did that now sets my bathroom apart from what I see in most homes. I was out of town for an extended period and they chose colors for the paint and counter top that are stunning. Since the bathroom was finished I've contracted Better Home Remodelers for other services. They are greatNan A.
- Business Description:At Hamm's Home Interiors, we provide full service remodeling to create beautiful custom kitchens and baths. We also specialize in replacing countertops and designing ceramic tile backsplashes. We renovate your home, using nothing but top quality products. We serve the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids metropolitan area. Our computerized design service will help create the perfect kitchen or bath for your lifestyle. Whether it's remodeling or new construction, we're experts at the installation of..Recent Review:Not good! Hamm’s expects me to pay for a plumber to replace defective quartz that they sold to me. Quarts has black spots. Process took 5 months. Was promised completion in 4-6 weeks. Broken backsplash tiles and wood cabinetsMargie F.
- Business Description:Ogden & Adams is considered to be the top building materials provider in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa, area. Family owned since 1913, Ogden & Adams has been the area leader in building materials such as fixtures, cabinets, storm doors, lumber, roofing and hardware for contractors and do-it-yourself weekend-warriors alike. Our products include: • Treated, composite and vinyl decking • Ponderosa pine and cedar boards • Rollex aluminum soffit systems • Rollex and Certainteed vinyl siding • Certaint..
- Business Description:Sitler's House of Lights has a display showroom featuring lighting fixtures and paddle fans for both residential and commerical use. We offer a wide selection of style, finish and budget options for every room in your home as well as exterior
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Lighting articles
Marble and granite are both durable, high-end countertop options that bring sophistication and drama to your home. But marble and granite require regular maintenance to stay looking good and to avoid stains. Find the stone that works for you.
If you are looking to add some landscape lighting to your yard but don’t have a big budget, consider one of these inexpensive ideas for your outdoor space. From solar lights to easy pathway solutions, get the right lights for your garden.
Find lights in
- Mount Vernon
- Cedar Rapids
- North Liberty
- Iowa City
- West Branch
- Central City
lights in Ely
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Hamm's Home Interiors1134 S Gilbert St
Iowa City, Iowa
- Hamm's Home Interiors
- Laura's Designs405 East Mission Street
Strawberry Point, Iowa
- Laura's Designs
- Munson Electric Inc.925 NORTH COMPTON DRIVE
- Munson Electric Inc.
- NICHOLS MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS, LLC.75 Commercial Dr
North Liberty, Iowa
- NICHOLS MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS, LLC.
- Ogden & Adams144 32nd St Dr SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Ogden & Adams
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc