The cost to install a black chain-link fence varies depending on the size and height of the fence. This guide will help you figure out the cost of a black vinyl chain-link fence, along with what factors to consider when choosing a fence for your yard.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Davenport, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Davenport
- GRAHAM REMODELING INCThe original fence was around $8,000 and the repair was around $300. The owner does all the work himself. We called him to do the outdoor work because he did such good work on the inside. He originally was the van in front of me driving down the street and I saw his number and jotted it down. He was wonderful to work with. He is very nice and pays attention to detail. He gets it done right. We will be using him again for additional work
- S & V Fence And Deck Co.The Sand V Fence crew did a great job and really listened to what we wanted them to do! They were very polite and friendly and got the job done.
- The Fence GuysFrom meeting Georgia for the estimate before I closed on the new house to getting it installed within a week of calling to say I was ready it was a great experience. They did 99% of the project in one day other than having to come back the next day to add a couple additional slats on the decorative fence. It looks great and I have told others about their work. I had them install a wood fence on a rental house last year and they were just at good then
- Sampson FenceI highly recommend Samson. They were my third estimate and I was so impressed that I would have chosen them even if they were the highest (however, they were the lowest). They came out the following week after the estimate and installed my fence in less than a day. The crew was great. I love my fence. I should have done this years ago
- Sampson FenceThey were wonderful and I would absolutely recommend them. They were just very nice people and on every field they were wonderful. They were in and out in a day. They got here at 7 seven and were gone by 3. We had a problem with our gate and they came out and fixed it in a timely fashion.
- ARCHER'S DECK & FENCINGCalled to get a quote, came out the next day and quoted $3600 to do job. Called the next day and stated that he miscalculated and it was really going to be $5500. It was annoying and seemed unprofessional that he would go back on what was originally quoted. However, they came highly recommended for quality of work by several friends and coworkers so we went for them. Due to them being so busy already it was to a month before they were able to start work on our fence and it took about a week to finish. Once it was finished it looked nice. Also, it must we well made as we live by a creek that flooded a few months later and the fence on the lower part of our property withstood the current of the waters and we have had several days of high (50 mph gust and up) winds and the fence has remained intact
- Sampson FenceOld wooden fence removed and replace with vinyl fence. They were lowest of 2 estimates and did fast and professional installation.
- Lovewell Fence & Deck IncThey were excellent with making sure they did what you wanted, and made excellent recommendations that I didn't think about. I signed with them in May and at that time they said it would probably be Sept. I can see why. The service was excellent. Very pleased so far (still new) with the product they use. Final product looks like it was built with the house, can't tell it was added on
- Scott County Fence CoThey came out and put the posts in cement and came out a couple days later and installed the fence. They were done before we knew it!
- CREATIVE DECKS & FENCEFrom estimate to completion was stalled a bit by a rainy stretch but once things dried up, they got right to work and finished the job in one day!!!!
Last update on June 8, 2017
Fence Contractors in Davenport, IA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
Looking to install an invisible fence at your home? Learn how the cost of an invisible fence will vary based on a few key factors by using this cost guide.
Privacy fences enhance security without sacrificing curb appeal or character. From vinyl to wood, explore various privacy fence costs here.
Find fence companies in
- Rock Island,
- East Moline,
- Blue Grass,
- Coal Valley,
- Carbon Cliff,
- Le Claire,
- Taylor Ridge,
- Rapids City,
- Long Grove,
- Port Byron,
Fence Companies in Davenport, IA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- EXTREME LANDSCAPE&POOLS DESIGNS1293 280 TH ST
Wheatland, Iowa 52777
- EXTREME LANDSCAPE&POOLS DESIGNS
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.533 19th St. SE
Mason City, Iowa 50401
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.
- Leffler Construction4828 207th St North
PORT BYRON, Illinois 61275
- Leffler Construction
- Meyer Innovations Inc1485 41st St
Moline, Illinois 61265
- Meyer Innovations Inc
- Olde Town Roofing712 18th Ave
Moline, Illinois 61265
- Olde Town Roofing
- Perfect Choice Exteriors LLC402 S. Main St.
Creve Couer, Illinois 61610
- Perfect Choice Exteriors LLC
- S & V Fence And Deck Co.1101 N Main St
Walcott, Iowa 52773
- Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling Services3750 Westview Dr NE
Cleveland, Tennessee 37312
- S & V Fence And Deck Co.
Fencing contractors that service Davenport
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.