Not sure if you should trim your own trees? Sometimes your tree problem is best left to a pro whose is trained in maintenance and other complex issues.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Davenport, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Davenport
- Cully's Tree ServiceGreat! Out of 5 companies that I requested an estimate only 2 made contact. Cully’s Tree Service was the first to contact us the very next day and came out to give an estimate. I waited a few more days and when no one else bothered to respond we chose Cully’s. Everyday Cully’s kept in touch letting us know when and what time they would be here. When bad weather occurred we were contacted that they would not be there that day and let us know what day and time the work would continue. We live on a very busy street and the 3 large trees we wanted removed were in the front yard. This made it more difficult for the tree service to make sure nothing ended up in the street. They were very professional and fun to work with. I would highly recommend them to everyone
- Darrin's Tree Care ServiceExcellent. professional, courteous, thorough, competent.and friendly. Equipment was well maintained and the the work site was thoroughly cleaned upon completion of the tasks. Well done Darrin's Tree Care Service. It was a pleasure.
- The Davey Tree Expert CompanyWe've used Davey Tree several times. Every time their work is professional and their prices are competitive (we've done competitive quotes). They also clean up after themselves well. Highly recommend.
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COShowed up when they said that they would be at our house the whole crew was very polite when job was finished they cleaned up what mess they made and we're off
- Frank's Tree ServiceI couldn't recommend this company more. Frank was prompt, polite, and most importantly he gave me a great deal on removing a giant Silver Maple from my front yard. His quote was substantially less than other companies, and the work they did was top notch. I would 100% recommend Frank's Tree Service to anyone looking for tree removal! Edit: Frank came back to add extra backfill due to the dirt being frozen when he originally cut down the tree. He even added some extra dirt to where his large machinery had made some ruts in my yard. Thank you, Frank
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COGentlemen was very nice and knowledgeable but was up front with me because he wasn’t able to do the job.
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COI have used several different tree removal companies work on my wooded back yard over the past 30+ years and Rick's Tree Expert is the best I have seen. They work efficiently and protected my landscaping and house from damage. Clean up was well done. Their prices are reasonable. They are bonded and insured as all reputable tree removal companies should be. When I need future tree work done, they will be the ones I call to do the work
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COThey did an excellent job. They were an effective team and finished the work very quickly. They also did a very thorough clean-up. It's the first tree service we've used that really did a great job for us.
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COHad all of the right equipment: Large cherry picker truck, chipper, skid steer for removing debris. Sub-contracted a stump remover. Cleaned up everything including pruning some rose bushes where small branches were broken. Very amiable. Arrived right on time with an efficient crew.
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT COMy experience with Rick's Tree Expert Co. was actually fabulous. The staff was wonderful. I would use them again in the future.
Last update on April 26, 2022
Tree Service Companies in Davenport
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Tree stumps are more than just unsightly. They can be hazardous, too. Find out why you need to remove a tree stump from the yard and the best time to do it.
What is a privet hedge and why should you consider it for your backyard? Use this guide to consider the pros and cons along with upkeep and maintenance tips.
Find tree removal services in
- Rock Island,
- East Moline,
- Blue Grass,
- Coal Valley,
- Carbon Cliff,
- Le Claire,
- Taylor Ridge,
- Rapids City,
- Long Grove,
- Port Byron,
tree removal services in Davenport
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ACME TREE SVC1003 S NEVADA AVE
Davenport, Iowa 52802
- Atkins Certified Tree Workers5904 N. Division St.
Davenport, Iowa 52806
- P&C Tree Services312 W. Third St Ste. 2A
Davenport, Iowa 52801
- The Stump Company6710 Cresthill Dr
Davenport, Iowa 52806
- TruGreen Lawn Care - 57447441 Vine St Ct Ste B
Davenport, Iowa 52806
- ACME TREE SVC
- HITES TREE CARE SPECIALIST1880 FREEDOM ST
Osceola, Iowa 50213
- HITES TREE CARE SPECIALIST
- LANOHA NURSERY19111 W CENTER RD
Omaha, Nebraska 68130
- LANOHA NURSERY
- My Computer Works7975 N Hayden Rd #C-320
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
- My Computer Works
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT CO437 44th St
Moline, Illinois 61265
- RICK'S TREE EXPERT CO
- Scott Carlson Cert Arbori24538 170th Ave.
Eldridge, Iowa 52748
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Scott Carlson Cert Arbori
Tree service companies that service Davenport
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.