Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Blue Ridge, GA
There are 5 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Blue Ridge
- M.A.D. Handyman ServicesHe was very polite, listened to what we wanted done. Worked in a very professional manner, and worked until the job was complete. He cleaned up the worksite before leaving each day.
- Acton Home Solutions LLCThis company did an excellent job. They were very courteous and respectful. I liked the fact that they always called to let me know their time of arrival and they never left a mess after while working, they were very neat workers.
- Precision Fence, Deck & Floor SystemsPFDFS not only repaired my deck, they built my deck from ground up! The workmanship and craftsmanship is superb! They take pride in their work and they possess great attention to details. They showed patience when I was undecided and helped me through that process! They are a great team and they work very well together and very professional, they left my property in great shape. I'm TOTALLY grateful and happy with choosing them and so will you
- Lar Con Construction IncOn November 18, we had an unfortunate mishap at my house. Someone crashed through my garage door, hitting my parked car and slamming it into my load-bearing bathroom wall. My car was trapped in the garage and there was cold air leaking into the bathroom. I will first start by praising God nobody was hurt. And now I will express my appreciation for Lar-Con Construction. Mr. Rowland and his crew were professional and courteous. The excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail given to this project were phenomenal as well as the timeliness in getting the project done. Lar-Con was there on Thanksgiving Week to start the project. The crew showed up when they said they would - every time. They made sure floors and walls were protected while they did their work and cleaned up every day before they left. Mr. Rowland kept in contact with me on this project and was always available whenever I had questions. My new garage door works better than ever. The wall looks like there was never any damage and the bathroom looks wonderful, even better than the original. I would hire Lar-Con Construction again in a heartbeat. This company is now the official builder of my household
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCSouthern Specialty did an excellent job on my roof and interior! I highly recommend them! Everything was left very clean and like it was before they got started. I am very pleased with this company!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCNot being native Mainers, new to the area and not knowing any contractors or tradespeople in the area, we had several unfortunate experiences in our initial attempts to identify a reliable contractor. As our time spent at the camp was often short and/or sporadic, we needed someone who would show up on schedule (while we were visiting the camp) and get the repairs done on time. Dave did that. As we became more familiar with the quality of the work that Dave and his crew did, we felt secure in knowing that even if we weren't present, the work would still get done correctly. This was a great relief to us. I don't recall Dave ever being late to the site, or the work taking longer or costing more than was originally agreed upon. We found his prices to be extremely reasonable and the quality of the work to be very good. In honesty, I can't find any fault with the services he provided, and we would certainly use his services again (exclusively)
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCI just love this company. The representative that gave us our estimate was really helpful. The roof looks great, and we are very satisfied. The office staff is great also!
- KDL PaintingI had 4 estimates done and Kevin was a little higher then the rest . the difference was he was more professional very detail with his estimate actually added all the work I was looking for in the estimate. I was not sure if everything was going to get done from the other ones.Even though he was a little higher I decided to go with Kevin because I felt more comfortable with him, that all the work was going to get done. it did take a little longer to get started on the project then we first talked about. once he did get started on it he finished it within the 3 days he told me he would and the the house came out wonderful he did every bit of work he said he would and then some I could not find a flaw in the whole house. the best thing I could say is be patient with him and he is worth the wait he is a busy man and you can't control the weather outside so please be understanding. the house looked great when it was all over
- ITP RenovationsThey were very professional and not pushy at all. Actually called them after hours to make some major repairs and they responded immediately and was there the very next day. By far one of the best contractor experiences I've had. Please see the before and after pictures below
- BEAR MOUNTAIN CUSTOM PAINTINGI found Bear Mountain and one other vendor through Angie's List and used their links to request contact online. Sonja at Bear Mountain responded within a couple hours and scheduled an appointment with Rob the same week. The consultation was great. He was very informative and accommodating, answering all our questions. He was technically knowledgeable about all aspects of the job, from the paint itself to the painting process. I think that meeting was on Thursday and we received a very thorough quote detailing everything to be done on Monday. We did get a second quote from another company that was over $2,000 higher, mostly due to overkill on the porch repairs we needed. Sonja arranged for a color consultant to help us pick colors, which was a wonderful experience. We had to go through our homeowners' association for color approval and the weather turned horrible for a couple weeks so we didn't get to start immediately. I believe from first contact to finishing the job took about four weeks, which I consider very timely. They also came back a couple weeks later to do touch-ups in a couple areas where everyone, including me, missed some small bare spots. The entire process can best be described as "painless" and far better than I could have imagined. My experiences with service companies over the past decade have left a lot to be desired. Bear Mountain restored my faith that there are companies with a good service attitude and ethical behavior. The contracts and associated paperwork were extremely thorough. They were constantly in contact throughout the bad weather when they were unable to work because of rain and wind. I never had to call them but I felt secure they would be available if there were any problems I wanted to discuss. The carpentry crew was as good as you get. They were capable and thorough, communicating appropriately throughout the job. They found a couple extra problems as they did the planned work and gave us options about how to proceed. For instance, when they began replacing the rotten wood on the porch columns, they found there were actually no supports inside the square columns. The two options they presented were to rebuild the columns with no-rot materials, as originally planned, or to install treated wood supports inside those new columns. We felt it was worth the extra cost to install the supports and get it right. They also managed to remove some very large curvy trim boards, in order to get to the columns, and reinstall those without a bit of damage to them. The paint crew was extremely polite, neat, and very hardworking. They worked really well as a team, moving in tandem around the house, as they prepped and painted. The paint crew leader touched base constantly to be sure everything was done as we wanted. She did a walk-around with me at the end of every day. Rob or Sonja checked in daily, as well, to be sure that things were going as we expected. We asked for extras, in addition to the painting, which they also completed quickly and efficiently (gutter cleaning, window cleaning, new downspout). I feel very fortunate that I took the extra step to join Angie's List and did not just use the phone book. The ratings and reviews for Bear Mountain were right on target and correct in their praise. This is a very well-managed company with very capable employees and a top-notch service attitude
Contractors in Blue Ridge
- Business Description:For more than 15 Years, Lopez Painting has provided North Georgia with beautiful house painting, complete cabin and deck staining and full service home pressure washing. Our family owned and operated painting business has built a reputation of top quality service that is honest and affordable. Our business is insured for clients piece of mind. Our free at home consultation ends with a complete proposal in writing via email with no hidden fees or surprise charges. No upfront payment is require..Recent Review:I would strongly recommend Lopez Painting for any of your painting or staining needs. The team that worked in our home were professional, friendly and went above and beyond to prepare walls and took time to cover our hard wood floors and furniture/cabinets. Jose and Mireya did an amazing job and we were so happy with the results. We have 29' high prowl windows and this team was extraordinary in painting in high spaces without having paint spots on floor! I will definitely hire Lopez Painting for any future indoor or outdoor painting or staining work. Their prices were extremely fair and the overall painting project exceeded our expectations. Thank you for your hard work, long hours each day and for beautify our homeJane P.
- Business Description:Honey bees are our friends. but hey, who wants them in the house?! We provide statewide, live honey bee removal. We guarantee against re-infestation and our workmanship. We remove the bees, comb and put every thing back together again. Call us to move the the bee's home out of your home and save them too. If you leave a message, please provide full name, city and phone number where you can be reachedRecent Review:Josh pealed back my carpet, removed some planks, removed the hive without leaving a bee behind, replaced the planks, re-attached the carpet, and left the room as if he had never been there. A real pro.John S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Axiom Builders pursues the assurance of providing the clients with the assistance of budget management, provides quality products, and ensures the client has an exceptional customer experience. Axiom Builders is an owner-operated company partnered with reputable outsourced craftsmen
- Business Description:“Why Replace When You Can ReNu” I started my career over 10 years ago refinishing bathtubs and counter tops for commercial properties. I have since added residential cabinet painting to be my focus point. My family and faith push me to provide the best quality of work for every client. I am committed to delivering customer service that is second to none. Big job or small, I have you coveredRecent Review:The cabinets turned out amazing. They came out better than expected, 10/10!! So professional and done on time.Jennifer T.
- Business Description:We deliver on-time, on-budget, home exterior renovation projects without all the stress commonly experienced in remodeling. Our customers say EXOVATIONS is the way remodeling should be done. We don't ask for payment until the end of the project and we offer payment through credit card or financing. James Hardie Preferred RemodelerRecent Review:The folks at Exovations are the rock stars of the exterior home remodeling world. In spring 2021, Exovations turned our old deck into a gorgeous screened porch with a gable roof. From start to finish, everyone we dealt with was straightforward and graciously handled our endless questions. Our main initial concern with the project was adding a roofline over the deck and whether it would create any water drainage issues coming off the roof. But Josh and his crew, who did the bulk of the framing/carpentry work, did an incredible job with it. Our project manager, Ben Boyd, was also fantastic to work with, extremely responsive to calls and texts, and basically was willing to do whatever it took to make the customer happy. Ben was also on the same page with us about any concerns we had over small details and was quick to address them. Our initial contact in the project was sales rep Jim McCulloch and he (like Ben) was extremely patient and answered our many, many questions about products and design ideas. Exovations also replaced our front door insert (door, two sidelights and a half-circle transom) with a new composite unit with rain glass. We were extremely happy with how everything turned out and would use Exovations again without a second thoughtHarold W.
- Business Description:HC Construction & Grading has been serving GA,NC,SC sense 2000. We conduct all of our jobs with top quality work and saftey. Our goal is to make sure that our customers get the best quality of services. We are happy to help in anyway we canRecent Review:Stay away from this company. Hired them 7 years ago to replace a shingle roof with a metal roof. Had a few leaks that were due to what we thought were screws popping out. When a significant leak appeared in 2020, we contacted them to find out what the problem was and they came out to "fix" the issue. Owner stated that the roof was improperly installed but that he fixed the issue 100%. Two weeks later, had massive leaks in new places. Contacted several different roofing companies for estimates all of which stated they have NEVER seen such a botched job. Nothing was put between the metal and the plywood causing major moisture issues, screws were put in on top of old washers that cracked allowing water to come in, flashing was missing ALL OVER THE ROOF causing water to penetrate thru into the house. Screws were completely missing where they just left holes, screws were screwed in sideways at an angle allowing water through. The metal roofing was cut too short to where the water didn't even reach the gutters causing water to run down behind the gutter rotting the facia boards away and the strips to attach the metal to the plywood weren't even screwed into the rafters of the roof so they were completely loose. I tried to give them the opportunity to fix the problems and to consult with another roofer about the issues going on and he refused and said to take him to court. A judgment has been issued against him and have been told that they have done this to several people where we live. I would highly advise not hiring them for anything unless you want to have to pay for it to be redone again. I now have to replace my entire roof after 7 years when it should have lasted me at least 25 years! Apparently they aren't licensed as well even though homeadvisor states that they verify the proper licensingBRENDA K.
- Business Description:Campbell Construction has earned a reputation for construction excellence. By employing cutting-edge technology and providing an exceptional customer service experience we have positioned ourselves as a leader within the industry. We realize that knowing how to build successful customer relationships is just as important as knowing how to preform quality craftsmanship . Our dedication to customer satisfaction is the key to our successRecent Review:I chose this company based off reviews after my moms roof was damaged in a storm. They assured me they would take care of my moms roof and keep me posted on what was going on because I live in Texas and my mom is in Georgia. It was supposed to be a simple 2 day job that turned into my mother’s worst nightmare. The first day they showed up they they were removing shingles and one of the guys said he lost his footing and broke the ceiling panels on the inside of the home. We said it was ok as long as it was fixed they assured us it would be, so it wasn’t a big deal. when the crew left on the first day they didn’t let anyone know they just randomly left and the roof was just wood no shingles and unfortunately it stormed that night so my mom woke up to water POURING in her home at 3am! It was unbelievable she took a video that I will be posting with my review as well as photos of damage and the poor job they did on my moms roof the 2nd day they said they would fix the water damage but didn’t then broke 5 more of her ceiling panels and thought it was ok to just try to patch it??? Wow and to top it off my moms roof has waves like the ocean and they said it cause she has a older home, that something was bad under the roof and was expensive to fix.... so they never even gave us the option because they assumed we wouldn’t or couldn’t pay just cause it’s a insurance Claim? How this place is I’m business blows my mind. We have given them multiple opportunities and almost 3 months to fix it and all we get are excuses, like they are avoiding us. Very disappointed now we will have to repay someone out of pocket to redo it the right wayRoger W.
- Business Description:Romanoff Renovations is a full-service provider of flooring installation and bathroom remodeling. Romanoff Renovations was established in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia by Doug Romanoff and has 48 offices and completes 2,000+ renovation projects each week. Romanoff Renovations’ core company values encourage employees to “Do the Right Thing” through committing to excellence, listening, giving back and showing respect to all. In 2012, 2013 and 2104, Romanoff Renovations was awarded The Home Depot’s p..Recent Review:Stair runner was installed crooked and nails poking thru carpet. I have been trying to get it fixed for 6 months. Do not sign anything they give you unless you are 100% satisfied and you have read the paperwork. The second crew that came out to look at the issue tried to get me to sign a form. They said "it just says that we came out". That is not what it said. It said that the problem was fixed and that there are no more issues. They show up and say they will come back, then they don't come back. They took the remnant of my carpet to bind and "fix" the problem when they come back. Then, they didn't come back. And after each time they don't show or show and don't fix it, I get a text asking if I'm satisfied. Each time, we call and say we are not satisfied. There is no end to this experience. I am going for a full refund from Home Depot and asking them never to use this company againNathan W.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned small business, striving for excellence in customer satisfaction.Recent Review:The insulation is installed “backwards” according to licensed home inspector. I have texted and called Mr. Fair. He does not return my call or message. I attempted to send a certified letter to his address as listed on his website and as shown above at 24 Hood Street. The letter could not be delivered. Since I overpaid Mr. Fair for work he did not finish, I am only asking that he install the insulation properlyCarolyn C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Mineral Bluff
- Mc Caysville
- East Ellijay
- Cherry Log
- Talking Rock
- Marble Hill
- Young Harris
general contractors in Blue Ridge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A to Z Handy Man Services1626 Philadelphia Rd
- A-Z Companies Inc3415 Church Rd
VILLA RICA, Georgia
- A1 Transformations155 ALMON RD
- A1RoofmanPO Box 66
- ABA Construction841 Old Bush Mill Rd
- AGMYN'S General Maintenance102 ruby dr
- Amicalola Gardens233 Hwy 9 S
- Arlis Home Services247 Hollyanne Pond Ln
Hayesville, North Carolina
- ASB Business LLCPO Box 1937
- Atlas Roofing Georgia63 W Elm St
- Axiom Builders, LLC
- A to Z Handy Man Services
- Campbell Construction705 Ridge Ave South
- CARDD CONSTRUCTION10 BUMPY HOLLOW RD
- Carpediem Renovation3748 Montrose Circle
- Carpentry by Danny1253 Madola Rd.
- Carr Construction Company225 W Ranchette Rd
- Chris Walden Construction519 Childree Rd
- Cisco's Home Works75 Longview Drive
- Crafts and Woodworks Unlimited1023D Lake Oconee Pkwy
- Custom Marine Construction1082 Midway Street
- Campbell Construction
- DJM Painting and Costruction2101 hwy 81
- DJM Painting and Costruction
- Fencing Plus141 Happy Talk Trail
- Firm Foundation Restoration and Landscaping175 Wright Mill Rd
- First Round Maintenance LLC191 West Jefferson St. 1
- ForSight Contracting Inc.p.o box 2201
Villa Rica, Georgia
- Fortitude Roofing & Restoration, LLC2495 Gorden Lee Rd
- Fencing Plus
- H&H Construction Group222 Alabama Blvd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hawk Construction and Home Improvement LLC1781 Panola Rd
- HC Construction & Grading2291 HWY 76 West
- Heath Creek Woodworks3 Central Plaza 265
- homes by thomas, llc274 elford rd
- Horizon Roofing1104 W Spring Street
- Hotworks Automotive47 Natures Dr
Saint Marys, Georgia
- H&H Construction Group
- Integrity Remodeling & Repair LLCPO bx 13
- Integrity Remodeling & Repair LLC
- J&k Remodeling230 charmin circle se
- j.m.harrison services537 b.beecher road
- JACO Contracting Inc,1094B Access Rd
- JAMES E. BRADSHAW1165 E Oglethorpe Hwy
- jimmy's do it all1480 vienna hwy
- JL Construction121 hunters way
- JLC Floorcoverings16 Commons Ct
- Johnny Can Services12 Redbud Rd
- Johnny On The Spot Remodeling & Handyman Services287 Eagle Fork Terrace
Hayesville, North Carolina
- jollyremodeling647 Dale Trl
- J&k Remodeling
- M & B Painting and Construction110 bold springs ave
- Mastercraft Paint & Design119 sharp street
- Maxsus Inc Roofing & Restoration1233 Buford HWY
- McVey Painting And Remodeling2184 WEST POINT ROAD LOT 11
- Mize Construction34 Souther Trl
- Modern Rustic Homes512 GA-382
- Mountain Man Remodeling185 Mountain Laurel Ridge
- M & B Painting and Construction
- Paradise Homes Remodeling and Repair83 Paradise dr
- PDOA, a.k.a. Babin Enterprises221 Presley Ave
- Performance InsulatoinPO Box 118
- Pierce Handyman Services70 Clay Creek Trail
- Precise Engineering LLC308 Rolling Hills Rd
- Premier Home Renovation Solutions543 Crabapple Dr
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Paradise Homes Remodeling and Repair
- Residential Facelift267 Cobblestone Cv
- Rickey's Minor Home Repair4283 N Marble Top Rd
- Right Way ConstructionPo Box 16702 ;
- RJL Construction39 Hanna Dr, Apt D
Talking Rock, Georgia
- Robillard Remodeling1347 Old Cedartown Hwy SE
- Rodger's Remodeling & Construction LLC491 Waterford Dr
- Romanoff Renovations3100 Jonquill Dr SE
- Residential Facelift
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SHARP Services126 Professional Park Drive, Suite C
- Sheriff's Home ImprovementsPO Box 271
- Skiver Contracting6625 Mockingbird Rd
- SNAKE NATION LANDSCAPES1386 SNAKE NATION RD
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Southeast Bee Removal477 Coastline Rd.
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space