Cornerstone Air, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2007

Welcome to Cornerstone Air, Plumbing & Electrical: where we’re setting the standard for plumbing, electrical and HVAC service. It’s a challenge to find a contractor you can trust with your safety and comfort. At Cornerstone, we never take your trust for granted. Taking pride in our workmanship for all project sizes, we go out of our way to deliver an exceptional service experience, every day. We call it the Cornerstone Difference. You’ll call it a welcome change. The Cornerstone DifferenceWith over 50 years of industry experience, Cornerstone has been around the block. We serve residents and business owners throughout Tampa Bay and the surrounding region, proudly providing: Our “Satisfied Customer” Guarantee: Our team believes the most important service we can deliver is total satisfaction, so we aim to make every customer a satisfied customer. If you aren’t happy with your service, we’ll make it right. Guaranteed. Quality & Affordability: Cornerstone partners with top brands like Daikin, Lennox and Goodman. We recommend high-efficiency equipment that doesn’t stretch your budget—and we stand behind every product we install. Peace of Mind: You can’t always prevent heating, cooling and plumbing problems, but you can increase performance and longevity with proper maintenance. For your convenience, Cornerstone offers comprehensive equipment tune-ups and cleaning, as well as affordably priced annual maintenance agreements. NO High-Pressure Sales Tactics: Cornerstone technicians don’t try to sell you products you don’t need, and they don’t use high-powered sales strategies to pressure you into a purchase. Our team is honest, fair and straightforward. Pricing Guarantee: Cornerstone’s firm pricing plan includes flat-rate diagnostic charges and flat-rate repair pricing. We don’t charge by the hour; what you are quoted in advance is what you pay. No gimmicks, hidden fees, or exceptions....

Cornerstone Van

+17 more images

4.4

HVAC Companies (1335)plumbers (361)air duct cleaning (110)water heaters (82)electrician (73)drain cleaning (56)sewer cleaning (8)countertop installation (8)mold removal (7)ceiling fan installation (4)water softeners (4)woodworking (2)

08/18/2022

Debra M.

Would not think of hiring anyone who can’t give a free estimate. I’m not spending 50$ for nothing. There are plenty of companies that don’t charge. So don’t waste your time or $$$$ they probably go to peoples houses give to high a quote & collect 50$ all day long, what a way to make a living….

Description of Work
Nothing I want them to do now!

Work Completed On 08/18/2022

Thank you for expressing your concerns, and we're sorry to see you disappointed. Our company prioritizes quality service over volume sales. Our flat rate trip fee includes the price of an expert technician delivering a thorough assessment and solutions to whatever your service call might entail. Additionally, our quotes are based on a flat rate and transparent pricing guide without hidden fees or 'extras.' Our team is always here for you if you would like us to explain any questions you have on pricing. Until then, we thank you again for sharing your comments and wish you the best in your home services provider search.

07/18/2022

JD W.

To put it mildly this is the worst contractor I’ve ever dealt with in my 50 years on this planet. They stepped through my stealing and never repaired it my whole wall turned black and they tried to burn my house down the units only worked for two months at a time at best won’t respond to service calls horrible horrible 0-100 out of scale of one to 10

Description of Work
Ac install

Work Completed On 07/18/2021

We appreciate you for sharing this feedback about your experience with our company. The last on site visit and communication we have on your account is from May of 2022 and show that all of your concerns and repairs had been completed to your satisfaction. We addressed the issues with your drywall, made the needed repairs, and also completed other additional repairs at your request. We were not made aware of any outstanding concerns and feel we have gone above and beyond to meet your expectations with the issues you presented to us. Again, we appreciate your feedback on the matter.

06/16/2022

Steven D.

I hired them for both preventative maintenance for the last 2 to 3 years, as well as the installation of a UV filter to help my wife who has severe asthma. We had issues in April with our AC unit making noise and they sent a tech out. That tech stated there was nothing wrong with the unit and everything was fine. Last night the fan motor went bad and had to be replaced. While I understand these things happen, what is the sense in paying a monthly fee for preventative maintenance, if they techs don’t actually do the work to prevent the issue? While the tech was he he opened the air handler and explained that not only was the UV handler installed in the right place, the entire handler was full of mold. Oddly enough, after the UV light and filter was installed, we saw black debris and called Conerstone. They sent someone out and we were told there was absolutely no mold in the unit. The tech stated that the mold that is in our unit has been there for years and should have been cleaned when the UW was properly installed. My wife works from home. Last month she was hospitalized for a week with severe asthma and pneumonia. When I stated that Cornerstone needs to rectify the situation by properly installing the equipment and removing the mold, their solution was to charge me $1,200. Their operations manager is extremely unprofessional and has zero concern for his clients. Do NOT use these people. I am now having to have mold remediation specialist, come out and fix the issues they created.

Description of Work
HVAC & UV Filter

Work Completed On 06/16/2022

Review for Cornerstone Air, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical - 4946 Land O Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL - 39768058

We thank you for your response and feedback on the situation that you faced. At this time, our management team has resolved all issues with the client and completed the needed work on site to rectify the situation. We are happy to see that you are now satisfied with the work we have performed for you throughout the years and look forward to continuing our relationship with you in the future!

03/25/2022

philip N.

Jason B showed up within an hour of me calling, had my issue fixed very quickly. He was he was extremely helpful and professional. I will definitely be calling them next time I need service

Description of Work
Air Conditioner repair

Category countertops, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

08/07/2021

Hannah C.

They came and didn't do anything. they were very rude they were unable to do anything.

Description of Work
Sink leak repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2021

I believe you may have us mixed up with a different company, we have not provided service for your home. Please reach out to our office so we can address further. Thank you

08/02/2021

Sally O.

It's been excellent. They are very professional, timely, and communicated well. They have a service plan that includes the air conditioning annual check up.

Description of Work
I hired them for plumbing and electrical. They also do air conditioning.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Angie's List! We believe strong customer service both in office and in the field with our technicians is one of the building blocks for happy customers and lasting relationships. We appreciate trust and confidence you have placed in the Cornerstone Family and look forward to being your service company in the future!

06/16/2021

peter V.

On time, very professional. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Flush and fill gas water heater

Category countertops

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and earn your great review and your business! We strive to provide fantastic customer service and professional and skilled technicians. We thank you again and look forward to being your service company!

06/11/2021

Richard A.

I contacted Cornerstone for a toilet replacement and sink replacement. From the scheduling staff through the entire process was simply amazing. Bryson came out to estimate. I was given a fair price and I gave approval to order the items I needed. After a couple of days Bryson came back to install. He was on time professional, and did an excellent job from top to bottom. I am so very impressed with your organization that I intend to use you again for any and all services you provide. I would recommend Cornerstone for any and all products and services they handle. Top notch 5 stars great work!!, keep it up I will be in touch soon for similar work in my second bathroom. Thanks Cornerstone and Thanks Angie !!

Description of Work
Toilet and sink replacement

Category countertops, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

Thank you for choosing Cornerstone for your plumbing needs! We are very happy we were able to help out in a timely fashion. We pride ourselves on strong and courteous customer service and patient and highly skilled technicians. We are pleased your call went well and you are happy with the services provided! We thank you for your trust and confidence in Cornerstone and we look forward to a lasting relationship!

04/15/2021

Chris M.

Cornerstone was the second AC company to give me an estimate to repair a 10 yo ac unit. Velocity Air was the first. They quoted me 2K to repair or 6K for a new unit. Glad I called Cornerstone for a second opinion. Their tech Michael wore a mask, was professional and did not try to hit me with a sales pitch for a new unit. He walked me through the issues he saw and quoted me a part for $200. 1/10 what Velocity quoted me for a repair. I haven't used them before but bc of this experience I'll more than likely call them if I have any more issues. Great experience and really appreciate the honesty.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Repair

Category countertops

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Angie's List! We believe strong customer service both in office and in the field with our technicians is one of the building blocks for happy customers and lasting relationships. We strive to provide fair pricing and options that work well for our customers. We appreciate trust and confidence you have placed in the Cornerstone Family and look forward to being your service company in the future!

12/14/2020

Charles W.

Cornerstone did the AC, Electrical and Plumbing in my brand new house, that was a HUGE mistake! Charged me extra for outside outlets that have never worked, mixed up the hot and cold pipes to the back half of the house, I am sure hot woart will be great to water my garden with and fill the toilets. Drilled multiple holes in my garage floor for AC drains they didnt use but they left the holes. The list goes on and on. I made the final payment before I was able to move in and verify everything worked, then never heard from the people again! Awful to work with and once paid they ghosted me like a bad blind date. I would not recommend Cornerstone to anyone for any job!

Description of Work
Awful, Don't pay them if you want things done right!

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

11/30/2020

Cassandra S.

We had a pipe break in our yard and I put it off for months because we've not had a good plumber experience since we bought our house 3 years ago. So I tried Cornerstone, and WOW am I glad I did! From the very first contact (you can text them to schedule!), to the reminders, their online chat when I had a question, and then the tech Scott J, it was great. The tech was super friendly, found the issue and was able to have us all fixed up. We were worried he'd have to dig up our sidewalk (which he thought he might), but he was able to get it repaired. This was a little 1 foot space by the house, so it was not an easy to reach spot, but he was friendly and fast. We will be calling Cornerstone for all of our needs and are seriously impressed :)

Description of Work
Repair broken pipe in yard

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on BBB and thank you for your kind words! We greatly appreciate you as our customer and are very pleased you were happy with your tech, our customer service and the services provided. We strive to be the best and to do what it takes to make our customers happy. We thank you again and look forward to being of service in the future!

10/02/2020

James B.

They were fast, responsive, came out and fixed the issue. I recommend them.

Description of Work
Replacing the gas radiator for the whole house.

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Angie's List and thank you for your kind words! We greatly appreciate you as our customer and are very pleased you were happy with your technician and the services provided. We strive to be the best and to do what it takes to make our customers happy. We thank you again and look forward to being of service in the future!

09/25/2020

Dennis S.

So the two gentlemen that came out were very knowledgeable and informative. They did exactly what they were supposed to. They cleaned up after themselves. They were very professional. They even gave me another estimate for a different project. My only complaint is that they were a bit expensive. They did good work.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Thank you for choosing Cornerstone for your service needs! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service. We are pleased you are happy with the technician and the customer service provided!

08/20/2020

Liane M.

They did a real good job, came when the said they would, inspect it semi annually, and are very pleasant. I would highly recommend them and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed my air conditioning system and and have serviced it since.

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

08/11/2020

Thomas P.

Background: Simple toilet install. I bought a standard toilet from Lowes. I had already disassembled everything except for removing the bowl from the floor. The company did well on the install. The tech was professional and did a good job. My problem with this company is the pricing. I have read in their responses that they quote from an industry standard guide. However, when I called on a Sunday and asked for a rough quote over the phone, they could/would not give me one. They scheduled my appointment for the next day. I took time off from work and the tech showed up and quoted me $550 for a toilet install. Lowes will install a toilet for $129. I had assumed since Cornerstone could do the install the next day, it would be more expensive. I even thought it might cost twice as much. I was blown away that they charged me more than 4 times as much as Lowes. I couldn't miss anymore work, so I paid them and resolved never to use them again. Bottom line: Work quality was good, but certainly not worth the price which was ridiculous.

Description of Work
Toilet Install

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

We thank you for taking the time to post your review. At Cornerstone we do not subcontract out our work, any technician that comes to your home is a licensed and insured employee of Cornerstone. We have a flat rate pricing guide that is in line with industry standards for all of our service repairs and we provide pricing upfront to all customers prior to performing any work. We strongly feel that our efficiency, skill of techs, promptness for repairs and the high standard that Cornerstone operates allows the customer to have a positive experience with our company. All of our repairs come with a 1 year part and labor warranty and we are available 24/7 to make a repair if a failure arises. As with any service or product it can always be found at a lower price but we are there when you need us. We thank you again for your review.

08/03/2020

Alyssa S.

I called to schedule and they don't have any available appointments until October 13, today is August 3. I was looking for a company that could take over my tune ups and repairs in place of the company that I used to have because they merged and raised their prices.

Description of Work
Air and heating Tune up

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

We apologize you were unable to schedule an appointment for the day you requested. At this time we are in the midst of our busy season and our maintenance appointments do book out, we do also provide priority service to our Maintenance membership customers. We have also had to make adjustments to our schedule and our scheduling procedures due to the current pandemic and our need to keep both our customers and our technicians safe in this unsure time.

07/30/2020

robin L.

I was very pleased with the work done by Jerry G and Manny, electrical technicians with Cornerstone Pros. I received a detailed estimate. My pre-projects questions were answered to my satisfaction, and the team worked with TECO for my electrical shut off on the day of the project. The project took about 8 hours which was reasonable. I was pleased they could do it all in one day. The team is Covid safe, friendly, and courteous. I am glad that I invested this work in the safety of my 1978 home.

Description of Work
Electrical panel upgrade to Code with new meter combo external disconnect and grounding rods

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

Thank you for choosing Cornerstone for your electrical panel needs! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service in these unsure times and we are pleased to be able to provide service safely for you and your family! We are pleased your panel service went well and you are happy with the services provided! We thank you for your trust and confidence in Cornerstone and we look forward to a lasting relationship!

07/26/2020

Judith K.

It went great. The sales and installation people were great. My new system is in and running. I'm very happy.

Description of Work
Install new HVAC system and air purifier

Work Completed On 07/26/2020

Thank you for choosing Cornerstone for your install needs! We are pleased you are happy with the crew that was at your home and with the unit that was installed. We appreciate the trust and confidence you have placed in Cornerstone and we look forward to being your service company!

06/10/2020

HERB S.

EXCEPTIONALLY WELL !!! The ELECTRICIAN Went right to work, The entire installation took a mere 50 minutes .

Description of Work
Electrical....Installation of a Plug Receptical w\ Circuit Breaker.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Angie's List! We believe strong customer service both in office and in the field with our technicians is one of the building blocks for happy customers and lasting relationships. We appreciate the trust and confidence you have placed in the Cornerstone Family and look forward to being your service company in the future!

05/15/2020

Jim B.

No parts on the truck. Said he would break the faucet if he tried to repair, wanted to replace. They wanted just under $400 for just labor after If I purchased the parts myself. I did not use them, very overpriced and would not repair. It still cost me $49 for a service call. I would not recommend.

Description of Work
Faucet dripping. Replace washer

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Thank you for your review on Angie's List, we appreciate the opportunity to be of service. We have a flat rate price guide that is in line with industry standards. We give complete prices before any work is performed. We run off a set price book that allows us to operate at the caliber we do. We offer same-day service given the availability, we also offer 24-hour emergency service, we employ professionals who have worked in their field for many years and we warranty our work. We thank you again for sharing and hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

05/09/2020

Cliff G.

They came out and confirmed that my current unit was on its last leg and that the replacement parts were no longer available (confirmed through another company). The only issue was their replacement quote was $1000 higher than my other quote for a superior unit.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot my outside propane instant hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Angie's List! We appreciate the opportunity to be of service with regard to the water heater. We are able to price match in most cases and we do apologize this was not offered to you. If you would like to discuss pricing please contact our office and we will put you in contact with the manager. We thank you again for contacting Cornerstone and we hope to have another opportunity to earn your business!

05/06/2020

Lori D.

They called me to set appt. Then called 20 minutes before appt to adv technician was enroute. I took time off work and went home. When I got home, there was a voice mail from Miguel that they only do small jobs and can't handle anything with an inspection. I called them and Ashlan put me on hold and then told me no, the technician was on his way and to wait. I waited an hour and called back. Stephanie told me they had cancelled the technician but did not advise me. DON'T MAKE APPOINTMENTS FOR WORK YOU CAN NOT DO!!! So I wasted 2 hours of vacation time because their company can not communicate and set an appointment outside of the scope of their work.

Description of Work
electrical relocated in a remodel

Category electrician, plumbing, air duct cleaning