When you need help moving furniture or with other in-home heavy lifting, your best bet will be to turn to a moving company for moving labor or furniture moving services. These pros can safely and efficiently transport your bulky items.
Get matched with top moving companies in East Hartford, CT
There are 20 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in East Hartford
- The Right Choice Multi-Service ProsThe Right Choice Pro’s moved me about a month ago which was sudden and was unfortunately booked last minute and the service I received went beyond my expectations! I will definitely recommend to my friends & family and use them again for any of my moving needs! Thank you Right Choice Pro’s!
- The Right Choice Multi-Service ProsThe team I was sent was awesome. They were on time, worked quickly, and went above and beyond what I requested. I will definitely be referring them to friends and family.
- High and Tight MoversEverything was perfect and the moving company went beyond the call of their detail job description to help out with additional things that need to take place. I would hire there’s a moving company and I would recommend this moving company to a large group of things that need to be moved even on down to a small group of things that need to be moved they were exceptionally well and very professional and again I must emphasize that they went beyond the call of their job the description to help out with other things
- Direct Relocation ServicesThis moving company moved me Nationwide. They were professional, courteous and handled my items carefully. Pricing was fair and service was perfect.
- Workaholic Express LLCI wish I could give more than 5 stars!! I called Walter when I found out I was moving out of town.. SOON. He was the only moving company able to help me. It was a very stressful time for me and he showed up on time and they did everything they could to make sure they got all of my stuff moved to my new place, and I had a LOT! They unassembled furniture I wasn’t able to and moved everything. The move was seamless and I’m so happy I used this service. I wish I could’ve paid them more because they deserved and worked for every single penny. Will use them again and recommend this company to everyone! Thank you so much!
- Workaholic Express LLCWalter was great and I highly recommend them for any moving services. They were timely in loading and unloading, and were very accommodating in moving oversized items too. They were very helpful and did whatever it takes to make sure my furniture fit and was assembled properly. Great value compared to the bigger companies and highly recommend for anyone in need of mover
- CT Moving and StorageCT Moving and Storage were great to work with. They arrived right on time, listened to what I needed, and obviously cared about doing a good job. I would definitely hire them again.
- CT Moving and StorageMichael and Chris showed up on time, very courteous, talked about what I needed done and then set about moving every thing as I had asked. One piece, an antique curved glass china cabinet, was moved very cautiously. Well done. cost was $125/hr with a min of 3 hours. very reasonable when compared with other companies
- CT Moving and StorageWe couldn't be happier with our experience. The movers showed up early, quickly picked up all our furniture and boxes and we’re on their way to our new home in under an hour. They were able to move our washer and dryer safely down our very narrow basement stairs without issue, and brought all our belongings made it into the house safely and for less than our initial estimate
- Easy Movers IncEverything went very smoothly. Carlos and his team loaded up 2 trucks with all our belongings and set of the next day arriving in CT the following day. Got to work unloading immediately and within 4 hours the 2 truck loads were emptied. Everything was in good shape when it arrived and the guys put everything into the rooms as directed. Only down side was the $700 dollars insurance which I thought was pretty steep. I felt it was necessary so took it, although I did have the option to refuse it
Movers in East Hartford
- Business Description:Roadway Moving is Angie’s List Certified for one reason: we do everything possible to deliver the best customer experience in the moving industry. Our team works hard to make your move as stress-free as possible. That means no surprises on price. Always on time (OK, 99.4% on time.) Clear communication before, during and after your move. Careful packing, unpacking and storage. And of course, we offer contactless moving and industry leading COVID safety protocols. So, whether you are moving acr..Recent Review:Have you heard stories of a psycho hormonal #prego lady moving? Well, that was NOT me! Miguel Rivera and his team handled my every request and solved every hint of a problem before I could formulate a full sentence explaining it. They were so sweet with my 3 year old daughter, she felt like a star the whole day. Roadway conducted a walk-through appointment via Zoom beforehand, and after the sales person took a note of everything we’re moving, I was given a guaranteed quote that doesn’t change regardless of the time the move would take. I loved not feeling rushed. The guys worked very efficiently but also took extra care of all of our stuff. Our “new” apartment is actually located in an old pre-war building with no elevator. All of our furniture and boxes had to be brought up 3 flights of stairs. The “highlight” was the couch not fitting through the apartment door at which point Miguel took the door off instead of unwrapping the couch which would most likely damage it. 2 doors and a few tight turns later, the couch stood intact in the room of my choosing. After which my husband ran to the ATM because the suggested tip amount that we prepared didn’t seem sufficient to express our gratitude. I highly recommend Roadway to everyone who wants the least stressful moveElmie F.
- Business Description:For more than 29 years, the staff at Fallon Moving & Storage, Inc have been safely and securely transporting commercial and residential property. Fallon Moving & Storage, Inc, is one of the most respected firms in the industry offering quality services. Our trained professional staff can provide you with assistance in every aspect of your move - from packing, unpacking and placement of your personal goods at your final destination.Recent Review:Great job, the guys were fast, efficient, safe, wrapped everything appropriately, no damage, on time - Great Job!Gary L.
- Business Description:Fresh Start The Moving Crew services all of the major cities of New England, including Boston, Hartford, Providence, Worcester and Springfield. Fresh Start The Moving Crew specializes in LOCAL moves and strives to be affordable, as this is a major need for customers in this economy. Please contact us for additional details regarding long-distance moves. From The Beginning… We have always striven to put the customer first, and this is how we went from using a borrowed truck and trailer to serv..Recent Review:The price we paid was slightly lower than one of the big name companies, however, this company has the ability for clutter removal, incase we had stay behind furniture we could not sell. Rainell and his crew did a very good job in packing/loading and offloading our household goods. There was small damage to our freezer (did not affect operation) and Rainell discounted our final payment on the spotSteven S.
- Business Description:Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage is a fully licensed, bonded and insured family owned and operated company. All employees are background checked. We come with all the tools, protective padding and equipment necessary. We invite you to join our growing number of repeat and referral clients, and see whyCorreira Brothers’ Moving & Storage is the top-rated company in Southern New EnglandRecent Review:Very disappointed. They moved half the stuff they were suppose to. When you make an appointment they ask for every little thing you are moving to size the truck. I told them what needed to be moved, they show up with a small truck for a 2 bedroom home and storage unit. Not even close to the proper size. I put everything in 2 rooms that needed to be on the truck, told them that specifically, numerous times they asked if that was it, while there were plenty of large things that still needed to be put on the truck. Felt as if the movers needed to be elsewhere. The truck was about full and still needed to go to the storage unit. I told the person when I called what I needed moved, only half was moved. I had to rent a truck the next day and move the rest myself! Very disappointing, especially when you pay $980 for half of your stuff to be moved. Also, they charge $25 just to move any appliance, on top of the fees they charge for everything else. When I called to voice my concern and situation, I was told it would be looked into and he would get back with me, here we are a week and a half later and not one response. It is one thing if a job was cheap and this happened, paying almost $1000 for a job half done, damaged furniture and time wasted is very disappointing and frustratingKristen A.
- Business Description:As long as you have a truck we will load everything and anything High, Tight and secure to get your belongings where they need to go safely. We treat your items like we'd treat our own. Getting ready to move anytime soon? Let us be the movers who get you to where you want to be! Give us a call at 860-997-0776 From Local Moves to Apartments to an extra hand if that's all you need, we're the best to call when it comes to moving services in the Hartford area. Give us a call at 860-997-0776 or c..Recent Review:Everything was perfect and the moving company went beyond the call of their detail job description to help out with additional things that need to take place. I would hire there’s a moving company and I would recommend this moving company to a large group of things that need to be moved even on down to a small group of things that need to be moved they were exceptionally well and very professional and again I must emphasize that they went beyond the call of their job the description to help out with other thingsgermaine l.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Greene Moving & Storage is a full-service mover providing local and long-distance moving services for household, business and institutional clients. Greene Moving & Storage company provides service to Connecticut, Maine and New York City. Customized estimates are provided for both local and long distance moves by having a professional move consultant come to your home to conduct a move inventory and create a no-obligation price quote
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.Recent Review:The representative was very friendly and helpful. She said they were a representative of United Van Lines but did not serve my area. She suggested I go to the web site to find a local rep.Jennifer E.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
Deals in East Hartford for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
You probably haven’t spent much time thinking about bleach or refrigerated food while getting ready to move, but neither should get packed in your moving truck. Learn about this and other tips for what not to pack when you move.
If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Find moving companies in
- South Windsor
- South Glastonbury
- Rocky Hill
- East Windsor
- Broad Brook
- West Hartford
- Windsor Locks
- New Britain
moving companies in East Hartford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ace Van & Storage Inc210 Realty Dr
- ACTION MOVING & STORAGEPO Box 205
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All My Sons Moving & Storage of Connecticut Inc.480 Lordship Blvd
- All Points Movers LLC25 Burford Ave Unit 1
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allen Young Movers P.O. Box 351
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Angelo Enterprises220 Allen St
New Britain, Connecticut
- ANTHONY AUGLIERA INC158 Commerce St
East Haven, Connecticut
- Anything Delivery & RemovalP O Box 3639
- Arpin Van Lines - Little John's Movers Inc150 Pomeroy Ave
- Auto & Boat Relocation Service LLC250 Commerce Cir
New Britain, Connecticut
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Ace Van & Storage Inc
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BeavEx Moving & Storage14 Commerce Dr Ste 4
North Branford, Connecticut
- Bert Hill Mover Inc978 Southampton Rd
- Braun Moving & Storage46 Barnabas Road
- Brothers Moving73 Fairfax St
West Haven, Connecticut
- BungoBox425 Main Street
- Bushell Piano Movers6 Burbank Cir
- Bates Moving & Storage
- C & R ESTATE CLEANOUTS, LLC530 MIDDLEBURY RD
- CABRINI MOVING SERVICES INC531 Worthington Street
- Capitol Moving & Storage Co Inc220 Strong Rd
South Windsor, Connecticut
- Coach USA Moving and Storage30 Main St
- College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - Orange380 Boston Post Rd
- Collegian Movers Inc674 Naugatuck Ave
- Connecticut Movers229 David Humphreys Rd
- Connecticuts Finest Movers LLC60 Stowe ave
- Coria Maintenance129 main st
New Haven, Connecticut
- Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage85 Academy Ave
Providence, Rhode Island
- COWs of New Haven455 Putnam Ave
- CT MOVING HELPERS40 Gorton St
New London, Connecticut
- C & R ESTATE CLEANOUTS, LLC
- D customized organizing/D Living Simply21 Starr Dr Unit 203
Narragansett, Rhode Island
- D&G Professional Brokerage9788 Stover Way
- Daley Moving & StorageP.O. Box 965
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Dev's Daily Deliveries LLC766 East Main ST
- Dynasty Home Improvement LLC7A Windham Ave
- D customized organizing/D Living Simply
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Eyring Movers
- Fallon Moving & Storage Inc800 Marshall Phelps Rd Bldg 3 Unit A
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- First Class Moving Company, LLC62 Shields Dr.
- FIVE COLLEGE MOVERS LLC150 Fearing St #103
- Fleeting Enterprises713 Main St
- Flynn Moving & Storage100 Smoron Ct
- Fresh Start the Moving Crew70 James St Suite 275
- Fallon Moving & Storage Inc
- Geoffrey Prentiss Moving20 Dockerel Rd
VERNON ROCKVILLE, Connecticut
- GeoMetric Moving & Storage31 Franklin Street
- Great Moving and StoragePO Box 1563
- Great Picks, LLC225 Pinney St
- Great Pool Table Moving And Storage100 Taylor St
- Greene Moving & Storage185 Adams St
- Geoffrey Prentiss Moving
- H&R Moving Co.60 Ridgewood Dr.
- Hartford Despatch225 Prospect St
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- HARTFORD DESPATCH Moving & Storage-Allied Van Line225 PROSPECT ST PO Box 280271
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- HILTON AUTO TRANSPORT1611 Crenshaw Blvd (310) 686-5318
- House Miracels120 Mason Ave
- H&R Moving Co.
- KVB Construction LLC38 Main St
WINDSOR LOCKS, Connecticut
- KVB Construction LLC
- Manchester Moving and Storage615 Parker St
- MANCHESTER MOVING OFFICE615 PARKER ST
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- McCabes Moving & Preparations112 Lazy Ln
- Miller Brothers Moving & Storage801 Windham Rd
South Windham, Connecticut
- Mobile Mini - Suffield911 South St-Mach 1 Industrial Park
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving PiecesPO Box 271773
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Murphy Moving & Storage Inc14 Beaver Road
- MyBuddy26 Williamsberg Dr
- Manchester Moving and Storage
- OVO Moving & Storage, Inc.125 SOCKANOSSET CROSS RD
Cranston, Rhode Island
- OVO Moving & Storage, Inc.
- PACKAGING STORE199 ADAMS ST
- Platinum Movers21 irving st
- PODS Hartford - Moving & Storage95 Leggett St
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- PODS Hartford - Moving and Storage100 Wheeler St
New Haven, Connecticut
- Premier Office Installation554 Boston Post Road
- Premier Relocation logistics llc255 Chatham St
New Haven, Connecticut
- President Moving and Labor621 Elm St
New Haven, Connecticut
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Proliferated Enterprises LLC117 Parker Ave East
West Haven, Connecticut
- PACKAGING STORE
- R & R RELOCATION SPECIALISTS140C DAY STREET
- Richard J. Cunningham General Contracting & Design192 West Main Street
- R & R RELOCATION SPECIALISTS