Marathon Moving Company Inc

Massachusetts
Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities

146 Will Dr

Canton, MA 02021

50 Employees. Charges by the hour. Award winning. Recipient of Best of Boston 2013 awarded by Boston Magazine. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Paul J. Nelson. Additional phone numbers - (781) 300-3200, (617) 969-5152. Additional email - info@marathonmoving.com. See website for phone number. Additional DBA - Marathon Moving Co....

movers (413)storage unit (27)piano movers (16)

04/14/2022

Stephen S.

The crew was fantastic: prompt, professional, fun, considerate, and very helpful.

Description of Work
The crew moved several museum exhibit display cases between two sites.

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

03/21/2022

Lori T.

From the first return phone call from Matt after my email inquiry to the final piece of furniture moved in, it was flawless. I would happily recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving out to a new apartment

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

06/23/2021

David H.

Very well, driving Chris was cordial, helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
Move from Massachusetts to Maryland

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

Hello, Thank you for the great post. Enjoy your new home ! Thanks again for choosing Marathon Moving Company. The Marathon Team

11/18/2020

Kathleen A.

I have lived and moved around the world while serving with the United Nations. I have never had a worse moving experience than with Marathon Movers. I have filed a complaint with the BBB about them. I did, however, have an excellent moving experience with LUMY in Newton.

Description of Work
moving furniture from an apartment to a storage unit.

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

06/29/2020

LAURA S.

Working with Marathon was a great experience from start to finish. Everyone at Marathon was knowledgeable and courteous in helping me plan the move. Because there was a week between my having to move out of the condo in MA and closing on the new house in ME, Marathon moved everything into storage until it could be reloaded on a truck and moved into my new home. The crew (Raldy, Luis, and Fab) who loaded the truck in Cambridge and put everything in storage and the crew (Raldy, Fab, and Marvin) who reloaded the truck a week later and delivered everything to the house in Maine were terrific -- prompt, careful, quick, and solicitous about ensuring that the furniture was placed where I wanted it and that the overall experience was smooth and positive for me. They did a excellent job and I would definitely use Marathon again!

Description of Work
Marathon Moving moved the contents out of my 3 floor plus basement Cambridge condo into my new house in Maine.

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the great post and good luck in your new home . We at Marathon strive to make the moving process a seamless one . The Marathon Team

05/20/2020

Tucker S.

Couldn't have gone more smoothly. Marathon's bid was the lowest of three bids. We packed ourselves, using free used boxes which they provided. The men showed up on time at both pick up and delivery (our belongings were stored on their trucks for two days between closings), were very courteous and delivered everything safe and sound. Can't recommend them more highly

Description of Work
Moved from Wellesley to Amherst MA

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/30/2020

Joel B.

EXCELLENT company, that we would HIGHLY recommend with no qualifications. From the owner, to the estimator-contact person, the packers, Jay the excellent actual mover, it was all really terrific.

Description of Work
Intrastate movie from Boston area to Larchmont, NY

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

10/18/2019

Thomas A.

It was a very pleasant experience. All the different folks who were part of the project were a pleasure to work with. I expected the worse and received the best. As problems arose they solved them and moved forward. I am very glad I used this company.

Description of Work
moving the inside of my Bridgewater Massachusetts home to Greensboro North Carolina storage facility.

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

07/26/2019

Robert D.

They showed up on time, packed up the house in an hour and a half, including wrapping all the furniture. They arrived at the new house in a timely manner and unpacked quickly. Nothing was broken. They finished the whole job in 6 hours, which included a two hour trip between houses. They were courteous and capable. It was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Moved a two bedroom house

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

03/01/2019

Catherine G.

We were happy with Marathon Moving from start to finish. We moved from an overstuffed 1-bedroom apartment and a storage space in a second location to a 3 floor townhouse. Our interactions by phone and email were always satisfactory. Our team of movers were polite, profession, and very efficient. All of our belongings arrived safe and unharmed. Our final cost was less than the original estimate. We would definitely use Marathon again.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

01/08/2019

suzanne F.

They were beyond my expectations in being responsive and helping me think though all the steps to move out and back in. I had to hoist furniture and they worked side by side with Titan movers to coordinate all the details. They were extremely careful with packing and unpacking and placing all the furniture when I moved back in. I would absolutely using them again and highly recommend them. Would give them an A++ if I could!

Description of Work
Moved out all my furniture and belongings including packing and heavy furniture so I could have my floors redone, stored my things and moved me back in.

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

11/12/2018

Kyle B.

I packed up a POD myself and they filled a truck with furniture etc. They were quick and were able to work around our schedule of 2 house closings on the same day. They even helped unload our POD at the new house and still came in under the estimate.

Description of Work
Moved houses

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/19/2018

eric M.

They are too expensive for a single piece might be good for bigger jobs I don’t know

Description of Work
1 piece of furniture would’ve taken 5 mins

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

10/01/2018

Elizabeth P.

The movers were excellent both times. They were professional, quick, polite and friendly. They took great care in wrapping my items and making sure that nothing would break. I would use them for sure if I were to move again and would recommend them highly to others who are moving. It is a stressful time and they helped make it go easier.

Description of Work
Moving to their storage facility and then another move to my home

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

09/26/2018

K. H.

Service was excellent! Kathy was friendly, helpful and professional. She address all my pre-move worries and was very patient. The movers (who also packed my house) were wonderful...professional, courteous, and kind. This was my 21st move and the best yet...nothing was damaged. They even offered to rearrange furniture placement at the end of a long day. Great guys!!

Description of Work
Interstate

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

09/25/2018

Donald R.

They were on time. They worked fast and safely. They put everything where we wanted it. They were professional and considerate. Great speed and price.

Description of Work
Moved home contents to new address

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

08/08/2018

Emily F.

The team arrived (3 person) right on time with a giant truck. The day was early August and SUPER hot. They went the extra mile of climbing ONTO the truck (very high!) to hold a tree branch out of the way, and got the truck into a very non-easy spot. We were so impressed! They moved quickly and altogether quite carefully considering the large amount of things we had. Nothing was damaged, and we were done before their quoted time. The only negative was that the correspondent/3rd crew member was not particularly friendly or professional, but it was a hot and long tiring day. We would 100% hire them again.

Description of Work
We moved from a 3-level townhome in the city to a 3-level home in Middlesex county.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/28/2018

cathy C.

Our moves went perfectly - from one house into another - and on a rainy, yucky muddy day! They were amazing as they moved our stuff into a brand, new, home without a mark, a scratch, a footprint - and it was raining and muddy that day. I couldn't have imagined it, but they did it without a drop in the new house. I would not every even gamble with any other moving company - the buck stops here! I was pleased and satisfied with every person I dealt with, the process and communication, the professional and knowledgeable and pleasant moving crew! They were GREAT! I am not even exaggerating!!

Description of Work
Move out of a house, hold furniture for 2 nights for closing processes to happen. Move into a brand new house.

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

07/02/2018

Luciana R.

Great team from in the office to the moving team. Made changes in the datea for us last second. The A team!

Description of Work
Moving and Storage

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

07/02/2018

Mary D.

It went like clockwork. The crew was on time, professional, masterful at packing, and were easy to work with. Likewise, the coordinators, were professional and made what is a stressful process less so. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Large downsizing move from one home to storage for a couple of weeks and then the move to our condo.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

06/30/2018

HERBERT M.

better than I could have expected from anyone. Their creativity was much appreciated as I was able to keep beloved pieces that I otherwise would have had to give up. They were punctual, hard working and organized. Nothing was lost or broken. I enjoyed their esprit de corps as well.

Description of Work
I moved from a 5,000 sq ft home to a smaller home - challenges with over-sized furniture and different layout was no problem for this professional group. Their creativity was much appreciated as I was able to keep beloved pieces that I otherwise would have had to give up.

Category moving companies, storage units, piano moving

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

05/07/2018

Karen R.

I had a great team of guys who not only knew their stuff when it came to moving, but were kind, careful, funny and diligent. They were a pleasure to spend the day with, the project ran on time, and all my stuff got to my new place safe and sound. Their work was especially impressive because I moved from an elevator building to a three story walk-up that takes up the second, third and fourth floors of a 200+ year old building. Those poor guys had to deal with a massive amount of stairs, yet they remained upbeat and friendly and got the job done. They worked their butts off. I'd hire them again in a second. They were terrific.

Description of Work
Interstate Move

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

02/09/2018

Craig P.

The team that they sent was very experienced, and very professional. The trucks showed up on time, even with the cold and snow, and got things done quicker than they promised. They hustled all day, helped us pack the things we hadn't had time for, and were very careful about packing, loading, and unloading. We appreciated them bringing speciality boxes such as wardrobes, mirror/painting boxes, and boxes for lamps/shades. Especially nice that they were able to provide them, and then take them away when everything was done. It was a great experience, and we would definitely recommend them, and would hire them again in the future. Even with this great service, they were less expensive than the competitive bids we had gotten from two other local movers.

Description of Work
We hired Marathon to move us from the Boston area, down to our new house on Cape Cod, in the middle of January. They moved us out on a Tuesday, and moved us in on Wednesday. Our belongings stayed on their truck, locked in their warehouse overnight.