Marathon Moving Company Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2002

146 Will Dr

Canton, MA 02021

50 Employees. Charges by the hour. Award winning. Recipient of Best of Boston 2013 awarded by Boston Magazine. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Paul J. Nelson. Additional phone numbers - (781) 300-3200, (617) 969-5152. Additional email - info@marathonmoving.com. See website for phone number. Additional DBA - Marathon Moving Co....

movers (411)storage unit (27)piano movers (16)

06/23/2021

Very well, driving Chris was cordial, helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
Move from Massachusetts to Maryland

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

Hello, Thank you for the great post. Enjoy your new home ! Thanks again for choosing Marathon Moving Company. The Marathon Team

11/18/2020

I have lived and moved around the world while serving with the United Nations. I have never had a worse moving experience than with Marathon Movers. I have filed a complaint with the BBB about them. I did, however, have an excellent moving experience with LUMY in Newton.

Description of Work
moving furniture from an apartment to a storage unit.

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

06/29/2020

Working with Marathon was a great experience from start to finish. Everyone at Marathon was knowledgeable and courteous in helping me plan the move. Because there was a week between my having to move out of the condo in MA and closing on the new house in ME, Marathon moved everything into storage until it could be reloaded on a truck and moved into my new home. The crew (Raldy, Luis, and Fab) who ...

Description of Work
Marathon Moving moved the contents out of my 3 floor plus basement Cambridge condo into my new house in Maine.

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the great post and good luck in your new home . We at Marathon strive to make the moving process a seamless one . The Marathon Team

05/20/2020

Couldn't have gone more smoothly. Marathon's bid was the lowest of three bids. We packed ourselves, using free used boxes which they provided. The men showed up on time at both pick up and delivery (our belongings were stored on their trucks for two days between closings), were very courteous and delivered everything safe and sound. Can't recommend them more highly

Description of Work
Moved from Wellesley to Amherst MA

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/30/2020

EXCELLENT company, that we would HIGHLY recommend with no qualifications. From the owner, to the estimator-contact person, the packers, Jay the excellent actual mover, it was all really terrific.

Description of Work
Intrastate movie from Boston area to Larchmont, NY

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

10/18/2019

It was a very pleasant experience. All the different folks who were part of the project were a pleasure to work with. I expected the worse and received the best. As problems arose they solved them and moved forward. I am very glad I used this company.

Description of Work
moving the inside of my Bridgewater Massachusetts home to Greensboro North Carolina storage facility.

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

07/26/2019

They showed up on time, packed up the house in an hour and a half, including wrapping all the furniture. They arrived at the new house in a timely manner and unpacked quickly. Nothing was broken. They finished the whole job in 6 hours, which included a two hour trip between houses. They were courteous and capable. It was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Moved a two bedroom house

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

03/01/2019

We were happy with Marathon Moving from start to finish. We moved from an overstuffed 1-bedroom apartment and a storage space in a second location to a 3 floor townhouse. Our interactions by phone and email were always satisfactory. Our team of movers were polite, profession, and very efficient. All of our belongings arrived safe and unharmed. Our final cost was less than the original estimate. We...

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

01/08/2019

They were beyond my expectations in being responsive and helping me think though all the steps to move out and back in. I had to hoist furniture and they worked side by side with Titan movers to coordinate all the details. They were extremely careful with packing and unpacking and placing all the furniture when I moved back in. I would absolutely using them again and highly recommend them. Would g...

Description of Work
Moved out all my furniture and belongings including packing and heavy furniture so I could have my floors redone, stored my things and moved me back in.

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

11/12/2018

I packed up a POD myself and they filled a truck with furniture etc. They were quick and were able to work around our schedule of 2 house closings on the same day. They even helped unload our POD at the new house and still came in under the estimate.

Description of Work
Moved houses

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Local & Long Distance Residential & Commercial moving, packing, & storage. Piano moving

Truck Rental