DN Van Lines Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2007

NH

2 Beeman Rd

Northborough, MA 01532

We are a premier moving and storage company conducting local relocations in Massachusetts and Florida, as well as long distance moves anywhere in between. We distinguish ourselves from our competition by never missing a move,employing well trained moving crews, and operating an efficient and reliable schedule. Our equipment is wholly owned, GPS tracked, and well maintained. If you need to be out by a particular date and require a guaranteed move, we are the movers for you. Additional phone - (508) 281-9173. Additional DBAs - D.N. Vanlines, Inc. DN Van Lines Moving & Storage....

4.4

movers (250)storage unit (13)piano movers (1)house cleaning (1)

08/23/2021

Pam H.

The move was scheduled for 8AM. The day before the move, we were told the move was rescheduled for 1-1:30PM. On the day of the move, no one showed up by 1:30PM. When we called the office to find out what was happening, we were told that the movers would now arrive between 3-3:30. The movers did not arrive until 4:40 and did not complete the move until 9:30PM. We are very dissatisfied and would not hire this company again.

Description of Work
In-town move from one home to another

Work Completed On 08/07/2021

12/15/2020

James J.

Liz helped us put together a multi day move and up until the last day of the move from storage all was moving along smoothly. Yes we have broken items that frankly the .60 on the pound really doesn’t cover the cost of sculptures, antique shaker baskets, expensive pottery, breaking. We should have taken out additional insurance on those type of items, live and learn but that was not the worst. During the last day of moving we began to open boxes as they were coming off the truck to find an item. What happen next is the thing that really was disturbing… My wife later reached into a box from the last shipment and pulled out a water bottle half filled with urine! Mind you we do not drink bottle water at the house and we went and got water for the team. When I brought this to Oded’s attention he asked all the members of the move team and surprise no one admitted to it. Here is his quote “ The only similar situation I've ever dealt with was when a customer complained that items that were clearly trash, like empty bottles of detergent were packed. In that case we explained that our crews are taught not to judge what is rubbish and what is not. As the idiom goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Is it possible that this was bottle was somewhere in the house and just packed?” Insulting is how I would take this. Oded mentioned that he could find No motive for the action with his team No pattern of this type of behavior ( I would hope not!) No one confessing to doing therefore it is something that can not be explained while acknowledging it did happen. Look I don’t care how he handles it within the business. We spent over $16k on this move and I expect a certain level of professionalism and decorum. Just imagine your wife pulling out a water bottle from a box half filled with urine. I would not recommend using this company for that reason alone.

Description of Work
Moving, storage

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Review for DN Van Lines Inc - 2 Beeman Rd, Northborough, MA - 39085351

05/01/2020

Morgan B.

Very well! Movers were wonderful and efficient.

Description of Work
Moving apartments

Work Completed On 04/25/2020

04/26/2020

Julie E.

The guys were professional and very accommodating. They provided materials and packed some breakables that were too big for us to pack. They even took down our big screen TVs and disconnected our washer and dryer! They did a good job of maximizing space at our storage unit as well. Very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Move from a house to an apartment and extra stuff to a storage unit

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

04/13/2020

Lindsey P.

Great. We had 2 separate moves and workEd with 2 different groups of movers. They were so quick and so efficient. Really kind guys. They were even sweet with my toddlers who kept getting in the way. i also loved my move coordinator. Moves are stressful enough and with the state of the world right no, I knew I was in the best hands. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Packed up my house and my storage units

Category moving companies,storage units

Work Completed On 04/04/2020

Review for DN Van Lines Inc - 2 Beeman Rd, Northborough, MA - 38495306

04/10/2020

Rebecca C.

Great! DN Van Lines did a great job with my move! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
DN Van lines moved my home.

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

02/24/2019

louise L.

They moved me in a snow storm. They shoveled my driveway without complaint to get the ramp in. There were no losses or damage. And they were really nice! I’d hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Moving from an apartment to a duplex

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

11/03/2018

Matthew R.

The crew was amazing. They got all our stuff (including some large, heavy pieces of furniture), out of our old place and into the new place with ease. The new place has three flights of stairs but that wasn't a problem at all. They were on time and got the job done quicker than expected. All costs were explained in detail, both during the initial phone call and on the day of the move. We were referred to DN by a family member who had used them, and we would recommend to anyone. Hopefully we don't have to move again any time soon, but if we do, we will keep DN in mind.

Description of Work
Moved from an apartment to a condo

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Review for DN Van Lines Inc - 2 Beeman Rd, Northborough, MA - 37542692

09/28/2018

Tracey C.

Three gentleman worked continuously to move us out of a 6 room home and into another, in a matter of hours. In addition to several large pieces, we had one piece that weighed over 400 pounds. Impressively, they handled it with ease. They were prompt, introduced themselves and got right to work. They were careful with our furniture, even offering to wrap one piece we had forgotten about. At one point during the move it was pouring yet they continued to work taking great precaution. I would certainly hire them again and have suggested them to anyone who needs a moving company.

Description of Work
Assistance moving

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

09/26/2018

meghan D.

fantastic! I have used this company before and thats why I used them again. Easy to work with, do a great job, no issues at all. Will always use them for local moves

Description of Work
Move from Boston to Danvers, MA

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

08/17/2018

Rebekkah L.

The movers were excellent and followed our requests. Quick and efficient!

Description of Work
Moving furniture and belongings from a house to a storage unit

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

07/28/2018

marianne B.

If you're moving, DN Van Lines is a good company to call and compare. Very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
moving house to pod to house

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

Thank you for your review, [Member Name Removed]! We understand the stresses that come with moving, thus being on time and providing a courteous service is crucial. We wish you the best in your new home!

07/27/2018

M. W.

It went very well. Gracious accommodation was made for the age of the customer and her priorities. Careful coordination for the addition of a second stop was handled smoothly.

Description of Work
Moving from one senior community to another.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

Thank you! We move people with different needs and understand it is important to tend to them. Wishing you all the best!

07/17/2018

Daniel S.

They showed up when they said they would. The first thing done was a walk through to see what needed to be moved. They did not make any notes or complete an inventory. I later learned that they do not make an inventory for a one day move; that they say is the customer's responsibility, something I guess I should have known but didn't, They began to move items onto the truck. Early on they broke a glass shelf for the china cabinet. The broken glass was half swept up before we learned what happened. They took pictures but I got the impression that they would not have mentioned the incident if we had not heard the noise. At claim time, they refused to pay for the shelf because I had no picture. I noted that the leader of the crew had the picture and should get it from him. They later paid for the shelf. They continued to load furniture but used very few blankets to protect anything while loading. They also seemed to take numerous breaks on the clock. They made two trips since the total distance was only about 3 miles. The return from trip #1 to get more furniture seemed to take longer than it should. When the goods were all unloaded, they left and we started to get organized. We found damage on a dresser corner as if it hit something hard. The bottom screen was ruined on the screen door. There were marks on the edge of the kitchen table. There were two ladders (6 ft step and 16 ft extension) that went missing between the houses. There was also other damage. The ladders were the most troubling part. They were not at the old house and never showed up at the new. The company refused to pay for them because there was no inventory made on the day of the move and they were not included in the inventory made for cost estimates early on. At first they denied ever having them but then said they were still looking for them! Their ad says they are a premier company doing local moves and employ well trained employees. We disagree. Only one of the three seemed to have any experience and knew what to do. The other two seemed like this was a new experience for them. We have moved multiple times and this was the worse experience ever.

Description of Work
Moving furniture only within Hudson, MA.

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

Thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative. We do strive to arrive on time and are glad the crew was able to do that. While we are not perfect, we do make it a priority to address situations when they are not favorable and use feedback such as yours to grow and help improve our overall service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and will ensure that you are taken care of. Wishing you the very best in your new home!

05/02/2018

Leila S.

They crew was very respectful and great to work with. We were very happy with DNVanLines.

Description of Work
Moving company

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

04/21/2018

Robert R.

Fantastic crew...experience “10’s across the board”. My wife and I were very concerned about her apartment to apartment move from CT to MA and couldn’t have been happier when it was all done. Final cost was less than estimate! Talk to Kathy, she’s the best.

Description of Work
Daughter’s Move

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

03/17/2018

Dianna A.

In the event you don’t like to read longer reviews, the part of this review that may affect your decision is that my dresser edges were damaged, and cannot be repaired. The edge of my coffee table that I love very much is dented. One of my large clocks that I love very much has gone “missing” and one of the movers I sent a text to inquiring about it apologized for the “error”. He dropped the other clock in my presence. Luckily, it didn’t smash to pieces. I have yet to get it to work. To begin, I sent an e-mail to the designated e-mail address and received no response. The company called as they received notice from Angie’s List that I was searching for a moving company. I was unable to get to the phone, so Katherine left me a message. When I returned the call, she insisted we had spoken prior and that an agreement was made. I had never spoken to anyone from the company. She was nice enough, and I had read rave reviews, so I was not concerned. The movers seemed to be doing well with time. I regret not doing an in depth inspection and inventory of my furniture, and also giving a gratuity as well as giving the movers pieces of my furniture that did not fit. Once you sign the paperwork at the destination, which they sure are in a rush to get you to do, you essentially sign your rights away. That was my one fault. Please don’t get yourself into the same predicament.

Description of Work
Moving Job

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

09/03/2017

Judy L.

The 5 man moving team was extremely careful, organized, professional, efficient and friendly. If you are looking for a stress free moving adventure, I highly recommend DN Van lines! Starting with the quote from the office, the process was throughly explained and follow up conversation was timely and friendly! Thank you DN Van lines... your commitment to customer satisfaction is extremely appreciated!

Description of Work
Household move to another town 1 hour away, plus additional storage facility pick up.

Category moving companies,storage units

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/29/2017

Sandra C.

Movers were fine, but the office questioned using the coupon,

Description of Work
move to a new condo

Work Completed On 07/22/2017

08/19/2017

Sandy P.

Very hard workers, quality packing and communicated throughout the entire process. No surprises. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Moved from NY to MA

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

08/11/2017

Cathleen M.

I couldn't be more impressed. The air conditioning had broken in the house I was leaving. The temperature was 95, yet Matthew and Paul worked nonstop. My new apartment is on the 3rd floor and they never slowed their pace or inflated the charges. I would definitely recommend them highly.

Description of Work
DN moved me from Lake Wales, FL to Jacksonville. They wrapped all my furniture to ensure there was no damage and transported it almost 200 miles.

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

08/10/2017

Hope K.

Excellent service for move from Florida to Virginia. Everything went smoothly with the exception of a small snag at delivery where the street of the new residence was very narrow for the truck and on an incline. Everyone involved kept their cool and got the job done.

Description of Work
Long distance move of household furniture and goods.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

07/26/2017

Lisa A.

All in all it wasn't awful but there was a new worker that disagreed with the other other two and ended up quitting on the job half way through. There were complaints about some of our furniture and were a little too loose with their jokes. At the new house, we have discovered several boxes that were placed in the wrong rooms, our bed was missing a piece and we are having to having to find a replacement part for it, and the mirror was not put back on our dresser.

Description of Work
Moving our 3BR townhouse into a 4BR house.