Art of Moulding

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2012

1312 E Saint Gertrude Pl

Santa Ana, CA 92705

we are believe that moulding is Art we are Artists ( beatify your home with the elegant of the Art Of Moulding . we are specializing in moulding installation and interior home doors replacement. Our goal is to design, create and install exactly what you've envisioned for your home. Art of

11/17/2019

Ticia T.

Edit It all started with a call for a free estimate. Stephanie came out and gave me an estimate for crown molding without any pushy sales bit. Stephanie was very professional and easy to talk with. Made an appointment for installation. Day of installation they showed up at the time they said they would. Can you believe it? The guys that installed were so careful and so polite. They even came to me to ask if they could use the bathroom instead of just assuming it would be ok like most workers do. Another one asked me if he could wash his hands in the sink. Wow...such manners and so polite. The install went great without most anything having to be moved. They just worked around all furniture and did an outstanding job. Thank you Stephanie for being so wonderful.

Description of Work
Crown Molding

02/04/2018

Kevin M.

They arrived on time and provided a positive experience. The young man who installed the molding was a master.

Description of Work
Installed Crown Molding in my Family Room.

05/03/2017

Christine F.

It went fabulous. They did a great job and are ethical. There were a few pieces of moulding that dropped and broke some items, but they completely took care of it. They were professional, and they got my whole 3300 sq ft home done in 3 days. They're also punctual and work hard. The final product looks fabulous.

Description of Work
They did crown moulding for my whole house.

Category remodeling

10/03/2016

Melissa S.

Great. They spray paint the moulding at their site in advance of installation.

Description of Work
Crown moulding, baseboard moulding, frame moulding, window casing.

12/28/2015

Susan R.

Installer was professional and quick. Put of molding in a matter of a couple of hours--prefectly done, no seams, all painted. Loved the works so much called to have them redo a room they had previously done because I had moved a closet. The price had gone up tremendously and they also wouldn't do it because the size of the work was too small. Probably will not used them again.

Description of Work
Installed crown molding in approx 100 lf of home. Previously had installed same molding in other parts of home 6 months prior. All for $6 a linear foot.

09/27/2015

Erin C.

We love our new doors and baseboard.

Description of Work
Provided and installed base boards, 13 interior doors, and door casing

Category woodworking, doors

03/25/2015

Sandy and Tom M.

They did an excellent job. They were all professional and came on time. We had a little problem with scheduling but we got it straightened out.

Description of Work
Molding on base boards and around doors.

03/23/2015

Pamela C.

It was in the Angie's List booklet. I called them, and I was very happy with them. I would highly recommend them. They are one of the groups that I would definitely recommend. It was excellent. The guys did a thorough job. They cleaned up after themselves. They fixed the holes. They didn’t have to be told to do anything. So it's probably one of the companies I've been the happiest with. With regard to price, I've compared other prices on molding before, and they were less expensive. I know molding is quite expensive. I got an estimate before, and it was more expensive.

Description of Work
They do crown molding. They did it in my formal dining room, my entrance hall and in my bedroom.

01/20/2015

Robert L.

After receiving price quotes from two other companies, we called Art of Moulding. Stephanie, the estimator for Art of Moulding, was punctual, friendly, and professional. She made several useful recommendations regarding our moulding choices and her price quote was very competitive, so we signed the contract that same day. The entire job took two men five full days. Our installers, Mynor and Neftal, did an excellent job. They arrived on time every morning, were conscientious and polite, and protected our hardwood floors with canvas runners at all times. Communication was never an issue. The company promises a "lifetime warranty" on their moulding installation, but I cannot comment on the validity of this promise unless a problem arises many years from now.

Description of Work
Installed casings in 11 windows and one patio door; installed crown moulding in every room of house except toilets, closets, pantry, and laundry rooms.

12/18/2014

Ronald P.

Description of Work
Interior door replacement. Crown molding.

Category remodeling, woodworking, doors

09/17/2014

Patricia G.

Everything went great! I had an ad from the Angie's List coupon booklet that they send out that said they had a special for $5.00 a linear foot. They told me over the phone that that price had expired to $6.00 a linear foot, but if I still had the ad they would honor it. I did, and they did. :-) They send a nice young lady to my house to take measurements and match my existing moulding style and color. 3 weeks later their installer came and installed all of the moulding beautifully. I asked him to hide the cable coax behind the moulding, and he did so with no problem, Everything was done so nicely! They hid all of the cable, did great touch up of nail holes, and applied caulking along the edges between wall and moulding. I would not hesitate to recommend them or used them again for crown moulding. They did an awesome job, for an awesome price!

Description of Work
They installed new baseboards in my hallway, and 3 bedrooms.

08/03/2014

Tommy C.

My wife and I had a few estimates for new baseboards, crown moulding and a stair skirt. We decided to go with ART OF MOULDING because they spray painted the baseboards and crown moulding at their shop before installation. (The stair skirt would be primed and painted once installed.) CASSANDRA came out on time to measure and give us an initial estimate. Cassandra was very personable and pleasant. HISAM (owner) came out a few days later to finalize what we wanted and to sign the contract. (Hisam was over an hour late for our scheduled appt. He appeared in a hurry to finish at our house while we were still on the fence about what we wanted. Hisam told us he was missing out on other potential jobs because he was still at our house. We told him it wasn't our fault he was over an hour late.) Hisam told us the job would take FIVE or SIX days at the most. The first day, two installers (ENRIQUE / ARELIO) showed up and worked on our house. When Enrique was asked how long would the job take, he told us it would take four days. The second day, both installers showed up again. The next FIVE days, only Enrique showed up. This obviously slowed down the progress. We had to postpone the installation of our new carpet as a result. On the 5th day, my wife called the office and spoke to HEATHER and explained our tight time-frame. Heather said we would have two installers on the 6th day. Day 6 came and only Enrique showed up. We called Heather and she said the 2nd installer was sick. It would have been nice of her to let us know that before the one installer arrived as opposed to us having to call her to ask. We asked to speak to Hisam and reminded him of his estimate of five-six days. Hisam said quality work takes time. My wife and I told Hisam that was fine, but he could have told us the job might take seven-eight days at the beginning instead of five-six days, especially since we had carpet to install. On the 8th and final day, Enrique and Arelio showed up to finish the job (since we had asked Hisam and Heather for a second person again). NOTE: Enrique told us on the 4th or 5th day, the job would take up to nine days since he was working alone. Our newly painted walls/ceilings received their share of scratches and scuffs as a result of the installation. Enrique offered to touch up the paint as long as we had matching paint. Since the interior of our house was painted only a few weeks earlier, we had all five colors still. My wife and I wondered what would the installers have done had we not had leftover paint. A few scratches (one over a foot long) were left on the ceilings. When my wife and I pointed them out to Enrique and Arelio, they told us they were not caused by them. This angered us, since we knew the interior painting was PERFECT before they arrived. I was tired of arguing with them and was about to go up on the ladder myself to touch up the scratches when they agreed to take care of the marks. We feel they should have just did that in the first place, rather than argue with us. During the measuring for the crown moulding, Enrique and Arelio marked the walls/ceilings with pencil. More often than not, the pencil marks were not covered by the crown moulding. When I pointed out the leftover markings, the installers used various scrubbers and solvents to remove them. Unfortunately, in a few instances, this resulted in removing the paint as well. I suggested to them, they use blue tape and write on that instead or just write smaller in an area where they KNEW the crown moulding would cover the pencil marks. The damage was already done and no addition pencil marks were made. We received no call from Hisam upon the completion of the job. Overall, the final product looks good. Enrique and Arelio were always on time and worked very hard. Eventually, they rectified the issues we pointed out to the best of their abilities. In summary, if you're not a nit-picker (like us), Art Of Moulding may be for you. Knowing what we know now of Art Of Moulding, if we were to use them again in the future, we would lower our expectations of the attention to details and assume the time-frame will be longer than initially stated.

Description of Work
Installed new baseboards, crown moulding and stair skirt.

06/18/2014

Ron W.

Description of Work
Crown molding installation.

05/14/2014

LEE T.

Description of Work
Estimator came to my house to price 175 ft of crown moulding. A week later I said OK send me a contract. I gave them my email address 3 times and never received it. Did not use them.

05/09/2014

Robert W.

I saw their add in the local paper and checked them out on Angie's list before calling. The owner actually has a place of business, so I went there just to see the shop. I asked him if he contracted the work or if they worked directly for him. He said that he trained them and that they work for him. I stopped using contractors a long time ago. He has displays of different styles of doors and casing and other trim. We chose solid, raised, four panel doors with brushed nickel hinges. The customer provides the knobs. The installers arrived a few minutes early. They actually arrived before the phone call from the office, which was shortly after they arrived. One thing I look for is prep work. They arrived with all their tools. They didn't just arrive and start ripping out doors. They set up their saw and other tools in the driveway, covered the floors then removed the old doors and jambs. I never felt like they were rushing to just finish the job and leave. The new doors arrived shortly after the prep work was complete then started the process of installing the doors. In an old house that isn't plumb or level they had to work a little with each door. They used long screws for the hinges which go into the house framing and not just the jamb. This is the preferred method. They took a short lunch break and went back to work. The total time that day was from 8:30 to 5:00. One of the installers returned the next day to caulk and make sure that everything had been done. They offered to touch up the paint around the doors but I didn't have any of the paint. I'm very happy with their work and would recommend them.

Description of Work
We have a small house and needed six interior doors replaced. The owner of the company measured the doors. He explained the details, which included the price for removal and haul away of the old doors and frames, and installation of the new ones. The current casing around my doors is not something that he uses, but I had samples and he said that wouldn't be a problem. He requires a down payment and the rest at completion.

Category woodworking, doors

05/08/2014

Ben S.

They were very professional and offered a very competetive price. They scheduled appointment within a day to measure. Then they sent the workers to complete the work the next day. I would recommend them to family members and friend.

Description of Work
They put in crown modeling.

Category handyman service

05/03/2014

Krista M.

I highly recommend AoM. They are friendly and professional. Cassandra came out and reviewed our choices and gave me a quotes once we agreed on the work to be done, we set an appointment for 2 weeks later and they showed up promptly on the day agreed. Their crew worked diligently for two days with an excellent attention to detail. I will definitely have them back to do our upstairs.

Description of Work
Art of Moulding did the crown moulding, baseboards and door frames for our kitchen and family room.

02/27/2014

Carol L.

Went very well.

Description of Work
Crown molding in dining, kitchen. Washroom and molding around three windows and door.

02/25/2014

Betty D.

I used another company instead although this company came out and was very nice. I think the quote was fair and I probably would have used them if I did not use the other company. He was very good.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Art of Moulding for a lot of home repairs as a result of a leaking foundation slab.

02/15/2014

Kenneth Z.

The estimate was done promptly and with attention to detail. The price was a fair price. The work, craftsmanship was excellent, and we are very happy with the finished product. The problem was that, at the last minute, the installation date was cancelled b/c they "ordered the wrong stuff." That kind of shook my confidence. Then, we re-scheduled, and they were 4 hours late in getting to the house. Then, they left all kinds of scrap in our garage. So, the work is good. The organization is not so good.

Description of Work
Removed old and/or installed new floor moldings.

09/21/2013

Ian T.

Deleted

Description of Work
Moulding

09/02/2013

Steven T.

I would highly recommend Art Of Moulding. We had baseboards and several door/window casing installed. Very appreciative that Hisam helped us pick the right baseboard style and size, he also provided other recommendations. The installers were very good and cleaned up after the work. First contract was just for the first floor; it turned out better than we expected so several months later we added baseboard to the entire second floor. I received other contractor quote which were more higher and didn't include the painting and caulking. Art Of Moulding did everything at a reasonable coat that included installation, painting and caulking. They paint the baseboard at their facility before the job, so no mess at the house.

Description of Work
Installed baseboard through out the entire house. First floor included living and family room, hallway and bathroom. Four bedrooms upstairs plus master bath and closet.

08/22/2013

Philip A.

Took a little longer than estimated, but the results are worth it. Very good work.

Description of Work
Installed crown molding

06/13/2013

Cindy B.

Art of Moulding does a FANTASTIC job!! They really take their work very seriously. I appreciated the fact that Hisam recommended a particular size of moulding that would look good in my home instead of me trying to decide among dozens of samples. The installer was prompt, polite and clean and the moulding looks great! And most impressive was that they pointed out I wrote my final payment check for too much (I had forgotten about the deposit)! They could have very easily just taken the extra money. I appreciate the honesty!!

Description of Work
Installed 4.25 inch crown molding in three rooms.

03/26/2013

Sandy and Tom M.

They did a very professional and good job. They were out promptly. It was a small job but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
They put in crown moulding in my entryway and hallway. It was also put in my kitchen, dining room, and living room.

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Rapid Response Handyman

Rapid Response Handyman is a small business that takes pride in quality work and customer satisfaction. We're here to take on all your home repair and preventative maintenance needs, so you can focus on the things that matter most. Our team of experienced professionals is equipped with the knowledge and tools to get the job done right - and we always make sure our customers are happy with the results. So whether you're dealing with a pesky leak or just need some routine maintenance done, Rapid Response Handyman is your go-to source for hassle-free home repairs.

ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION & RSTRTN

We specialize in restoration services and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today

2022 Super Service Award

crown, base moulding, wainscotings, bead board, entertainment center, window, door casings, replacement, arches, wood flooring, drywall & paint.

Small job leas than 80 LF.