ARS / Rescue Rooter San Diego

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2005

9895 Olson Dr Ste A

San Diego, CA 92121

For fast and exceptional service for all of your plumbing needs, call us now: 866-855-9222! ARS San Diego Plumbing is a full service plumbing repair company. We are 37 employees strong, and always available to service our clients needs. Additional DBAs - Rescue Rooter, American Residential

04/07/2022

John L.

It was satisfactory, they did assembled maintenance on a tankless water heater. They do the maintenance for a good price.

Description of Work
Water Heater Maintenance

Category water heater repair

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for sharing your experience and feedback. You're a valued customer and we appreciate your business! If you need any additional assistance or would like to discuss your experience further, our Quality Assurance Manager, Freddiann is available on 858-457-6581 at your convenience.

03/04/2020

MARY ANN H.

Tech was scneduled for next morning at no extra charge. He called when he was on the way and arrived on time. He did a great job cleaning out the drain. Even though it was raining hard, he took extra care not to leave a mess.

Description of Work
Clean out kitchen drain

02/15/2019

Anthony B.

A car crashed into the backflow assembly pipes that are on the sidewalk strip of grass in front of our condo building. This is also the source of how water enters our condo from the City. So we had to call around for emergency plumbers since our regular plumber had not responded yet. The technicians arrived on time, but gave a quote for almost $12,000. Our regular plumber was able to come later in the day and do the job for about half the cost. I'm glad we waited and reconsidered their quote. We even called another plumber who specializes in backflow assemblies, and again, the price was nowhere near what ARS quoted. Advice to vendor: If you cannot accurately quote or have no experience with this specific type of repair, just say so and we can move on to someone else. I feel like guesses were made in this case as to how much it was going to cost. We will never use this company and I advise everyone to consider other plumbers. Also, upon searching on Yelp this company only has a 2.5 rating with over 336 reviews. I read many similar stories about over-priced quotes and unhappy customers.

Description of Work
Backflow replacement

01/11/2019

Michael D.

Thomas Brittle was the plumbing specialist who came out and serviced my drains. He was fantastic! He told me how you would handle the job he explored other areas that I might need to consider but did not push additional services. He recommended additional service but gave me the space to consider additional work. This is not always true in this industry and I appreciated his Treating me like an intelligent consumer.

Description of Work
I needed the sewer drain snaked and cleaned out.

Category sewer cleaning

10/01/2018

Kay S.

Our job was an emergency. Our connection to the 4 inch sewer line that we shared with our neighbor that connected both houses to the 6 inch main sewer collapsed from tree roots. The first indication that something was wrong was the bathtub and toilet backed up. We thought we were just clogged. It was about 7:00pm. We called Rescue Rooter because we had previously used them and had good results. They were out within a couple of hours but the plumber could not get his snake through the line. He said they would be out first thing in the morning, which they were and ran a camera down only to find the line collapsed. We hired them to do the work and Bill Byers was the lead and he did a great job. He was upfront with everything that needed to be done to get us up and working as quickly as possible. He was always available to answer all questions. He and everyone else that came to work on our repair were always pleasant and professional. After digging down about 8 feet to the main that goes to the street it was discovered it had been leaking so that had to be fixed. He ran a temporary line below where it had been leaking so we could use our facilities. He worked with the city and got us the best resolution that met what they required. They rerouted our line so we are not sharing with the neighbor and connected us directly to the main line that goes to the street. We also had to have a liner ran up the line that the neighbor is still connected to. They always cleaned up, covered the hole and roped it off with caution tape when they were done for the day. We had a lot of dirt and rock that they kept covered until it was time to fill the hole in. They poured new cement and the spot looks better than when they started. It was a big job and I’m glad it’s done.

Description of Work
Needed connection to main sewer line replaced and rerouted. Needed main sewer line repaired.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

08/23/2017

Marty W.

Great! All fixed now---just waiting for the inspector to sign off on it.

Description of Work
The wastewater drain pipe was leaking near the foundation. The master plumber, Mike Bernard, came out, and gave an estimate. It turned out to be more damage than he realized at first (such as water damage under the floor, dampness in the drywall, etc.). He not only came back the next day and fixed everything, he also put me in touch with some great restoration people. He went over and above from start to finish. Explained everything, and was polite and pleasant. After working with several plumbers over 20 years, he is the best!

Category plumbing, drain pipe

City Inspector pass inspection on 8/24/2017 work has been completed. Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your excellent comments.

12/28/2016

Dottie B.

They tell me what they are going to do before they do it which is really good. If they see something that has an issue, they let me know if I have to do it immediately/ if I have to correct it immediately or if it can wait which I appreciative. They clean up after themselves and that's a real thing.

Description of Work
It was a general maintenance. They checked the hot water heater and drained it.They do a regular maintenance on the rest of the house, all the faucets and the toilets. They check to see that everything is working okay. And the water pressure and things like that.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate the opportunity to come into your home and service its needs. Should you need our services again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing Rescue Rooter!

09/27/2016

Peter W.

That was not a good experience because I think they were just trying to take me for a ride there, but they only charged me $88. I didn't like it at all. They were high pressure. They were telling me what they think I should do and then they immediately came up with an estimate to tear up my walls and tear up my plumbing, and put everything back to normal in which they wanted to charge me $12,000. The $88 where I recently called them up for was to clear my line and they did that. In the end, they only charged me $88 even though they sent a camera down my line and everything else. The quote they gave me to permanently fix the problem that I have for $12,000 was ridiculous. It was a poor quality experience because they cleared the drain through my bathroom sink then they forgot to put the P-trap assembly bag together again so I had to call them to come back the next day to do that, and when they did that, it still leaked so then they had to come back the third time to finally install the P-trap properly so it wouldn't leak anymore. They said they were going to come at a certain time and then I had to call them 3 times so my 10 o'clock in the morning ended up being at 6 o'clock in the afternoon so that was not good. I would never use them again. If they showed up on time instead of scaring the hell out of me and telling me I needed all these repairs. They could have been honest. I just think they were trying to sell me something I didn't need.

Description of Work
I used ARS Rescue Rooter. I had a clog up in my toilet line and they guaranteed the price for $88 that they can unclog any leak. They sent a couple of guys out, they sent a camera down my system and told me I have all kinds of problems and then it would cost me $12,000 to solve my problem.

07/15/2016

Randy W.

Would not give estimate over phone, when plumber got on site he provided a very high estimate (~$350) for a basic toilet installation. When we said no thanks, he then dropped the price to $175 plus parts - very shady, so sent him on his way. You can do a lot better than this company, they are trying to gouge you.

Description of Work
toilet installation

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss your specific situation further. One of our team members will be reaching out to you if we have your information on file, or you may call 858-526-1563. If you prefer, you may call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

04/15/2016

SHARON S.

It went great, no problems at all. I've had them out several times to clean out the main line from the house to the street. I think the last time was just in the house clean out. It wasn't allowing the water to drain out of the sink.

Description of Work
I have used ARS/Rescue Rooter.

02/05/2016

Stephanie T.

I needed a plumber and realized the next day at work that I had not called anyone. I had used a plumber previously but I didn't have his number so I decided to go online to look. I called ARS and as I was booking the appointment I decided to look at their rating on Angies List. I mentioned to the guy that his rating wasn't that good and I was hoping that my experience would be better than those I was reading about. He thanked me for giving them a chance and I thought it's a drain problem, it should be easy. I was also being swayed by the online coupon for $88.00 to clear a drain. The guy was very professional and told me that ARS gives free quotes in writing and if I will have 30 days to decide. Normally, you pay $65 -$85.00 just to come out, so I thought that's great. I was given a 2 hour time frame. I got 2 calls from them. One stating that they were running late and the last one to state the plumber was on his way. Very professional. When he plumber arrived, I showed him the clogged drain in the tub and he asked to see the kitchen sink. He told me he would have to go in through the kitchen drain to unclog the tub. I asked what the cost would be and showed him the coupon. He stated I couldn't use that coupon for this issue because he would have to go through the kitchen sink to clear the tub. I read the coupon and it states "88.00 Drain Cleaning" but did not have any stipulations. I then asked how much it was going to cost and was quoted $170.00. I gasped and said, "no thanks". He then said he could come down to $140.00. I still said "No thanks" He asked how much I expected to pay and I said "under 100.00" He looked at me strange and said he couldn't do it for that amount of money. I thanked him for coming out and he left...no written quote. I then went searching for the number of the plumber I used prior and he came out the next day. He fixed the drain from the kitchen in 10 minutes and charged me $70.00. I should have waited to find his number in the first place. Loyalty counts!

Description of Work
I got a quote for a drainage problem in my bathroom tub.

01/26/2016

MARY C.

Not quite two years ago we had ARS install a very expensive kitchen faucet. ARS recommended this faucet and told us it would "last forever." Recently the faucet has become very loose so we called ARS to come out. We scheduled an appointment on Saturday, January 23, 2016 and were given a window from 2 to 4 for the technician to come out. At 4 o'clock we received a call from ARS saying that the technician wouldn't be available for another 2 hours! We rescheduled the appointment to Monday, January 25, 2016 again with a window between 2 and 4. At 4 we again received a call that the technician wouldn't be available for another two hours so we agreed to wait. At 6 o'clock we received yet another call saying the technician couldn't be out for another two hours. We cancelled the appointment and called another plumber. Not only did we waste a total of 8 hours waiting for ARS to come out but we still have a very expensive faucet that is falling apart. We have been good customers of ARS for many years but this shoddy product and terrible customer service have caused us to take our business elsewhere.

Description of Work
ARS installed a very expensive kitchen faucet but failed to keep two appointments to fix it.

11/19/2015

Aurele G.

They were so awesome. They were absolutely incredible and we had it put in within 24 hours or less. Our neighbor?s also broke at the same time and it took over a week for his to be installed. These guys said they would not be longer than 24 hours and their receptionists were so good, and he put me through to somebody else who called me back a length of time later. I would highly recommend them. They are awesome?absolutely awesome. They are head and shoulders above anything I?ve had in decades and I could highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in our hot water heater in less than 24 hours.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/07/2015

Norm L.

At the start of this summer, I needed a replacement central AC system. Home Depot's local AC system installer is ARS, also known as RighTime. An ARS/RighTime service technician, Michael, came to my home, looked at my old AC system, gave me an estimate for a Trane, 4 ton, 14 SEER system with Title 24 Compliance at $9510, and offered 24 months/zero percent interest Home Depot financing. Three days later, I decided on the system and called Michael. Michael said he will be over to my house between an hour & twenty minutes and an hour & forty minutes to sign the contract, offered to install the AC system the same day, and again offered 24 months/zero percent interest Home Depot financing. After a two hours & ten minutes wait for Michael, 30 minutes late, Michael was a NO SHOW and did not phone me if he was running late. I left Michael a voicemail. After two hours & forty-five minutes, an hour & 5 minutes late, Michael was still a NO SHOW and did not phone me if he was running late. I left Michael a voicemail to cancel the contract signing. Subsequently, I visited Trane.com and selected one of Trane's locally listed installer, who later gave me a $4106 estimate, Title 24 Compliance not required, for the identical system. It's very good that Michael did not show up!

Description of Work
Central AC replacement: remove old and install new condenser, compressor and fan unit, gas charging

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

09/14/2015

Natalie S.

It went great. The workers that came out over the 5 day process were excellent in what they did and great attitudes during the process...

Description of Work
They came cleared the pipes in my houses. They also found tree roots in my main sewer line which they took care of..

07/27/2015

earlene T.

Came out very promptly to give the way overpriced bid, but they came after normal business hours and went directly to the job address, which was tenant occupied, rather than coming to me first. Actually I think they wanted to get to me, and close the sale, before I had a chance to get a bid from anyone else. The salesman Mike Bernard (his card says he is a "senior service tech") was in a big hurry to get his colleague out to look for more things to do, although he didn't say it that way. He was also saying things that he could only have known if he had actually gone under the house, which he hadn't. He also gave false information comparing two kinds of pipe, claiming what I knew to be the less expensive one, was the best. He also dropped subtle hints about other things he noticed that had no direct bearing on the plumbing problem, opening the door, I am sure, for his colleague to sell me on those things. Maybe they do good work, but it certainly should be, considering their pricing. But I doubt if it is even close to twice as good, either from a workmanship or customer service standpoint, as that of some other plumbers who charge 1/3 to 1/2 less. I also suspect they may be a company that gives very high bids initially, but comes down dramatically if you don't bite, in an attempt to make you think you are getting a real deal. All that says to me is that they will take you for all they can if you don't know enough to object. Maybe that is considered acceptable business practice, but I am offended by it. Since I haven't had them do the work, all I can really say for sure is watch out for some slick salesmanship, very high initial bid, false or misleading information, and a rush to a quick close.

Description of Work
Was proposing to replace bathtub drain and overflow.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Ms, Thank you for sharing your experience. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide an exceptional service experience to each of our customers. We apologize if we were unable to do so in this situation. Please allow us the opportunity to speak with you, so we may address any concerns you may have. One of our Customer Relations team members will be reaching out to you to discuss your specific situation. Should you rather call in at your convenience, our Corporate Customer Relations team can be reached at 866-803-0879. Thank you, ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

05/17/2015

Jude S.

Charlie G. asked detailed questions to diagnose the problem. He identified the issue and cleared the drain in about 10 minutes. The clog was around 45-50 feet from the kitchen drain cleanout. He arrived on time. Gave a free estimate, discussing the problem in detail. When he left, the work area was clean as a whistle. We will call him first next time we need a plumber.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and snaked out a drain problem.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member name removed], Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback on our company. We are pleased to hear about your experience with Charlie. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to call. Thanks for choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter! ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

03/25/2015

Curtiss S.

The service was fine. It worked fine but the pricing was a little high.

Description of Work
ARS/Rescue Rooter installed a new air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Member name removed), Thank you for taking time to share you feedback on our company. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide exceptional service to each of our customers. We appreciate you awarding our company with A's in categories of Quality, Responsiveness, Punctuality, Professionalism, and for your overall experience with our services. We are a 100% Customer Satisfaction company and encourage you to reach out to us should you have any concerns or need any further assistance in the future. Thanks for choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter! ARS/Rescue Rooter Customer Relations 866-803-0879

01/14/2015

Larry R.

Plumber did not show up for first app. and argued that he did. Went to wrong location. Left a bill with just total cost. Then when questioned about what were the charges. Response was "we dont just make up cost". "I didnt charge you for everything that I did". I asked if he applied, military, AAA, or senior discount, he repied yes. Even though, he didnt. I didnt get a brakdown on the charges. I was not happy with his overall voice in his reponse, and also called the office to complain about the exorbitant cost

Description of Work
Plumber, changed 1 inch pressure regulator, (part cost 100.00 average), charged 510.00 for 2 hours work.

Category water heater repair

11/12/2014

MIKE G.

He did a neat job. The plumber was very professional and worked efficiently. This was actually the second time that we had them out. We went with them in the first place because they were actually able to solve an issue that a number of other plumbers said was impossible to fix. This issue involved snaking our main drain line that only had an interior access point. We called them the second time because of this great initial experience and I would call them back again!

Description of Work
They snaked a kitchen sink drain for me. He also had to take apart the pipes underneath my sink to improve flow.

11/12/2014

Linda R.

They've done good work for us. They typically have a service to sell us when they come out -- this time, they sold us on something to keep the calcium out of the lines.

Description of Work
Once a year, they flush our water heater. We've been using them for at least 2 years. They typically send 1 tech.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

03/12/2014

Diane W.

He was professional and courteous. He came on 1/13 and provided an estimate for my request of replacing three toilets. After giving me the estimate he also advised me of the potential for additional charges because the toilets were old and that a part called a flange may have to be replaced. He explained that only until he took the old toilet out could he be sure that the flange was expired. Two out of three of my toilets needed the flange. And if he wasn't clear enough, he even took a picture of the flanges that were rotted. It wasn't someone else's toilet either as verified by my tile in the picture.

Description of Work
Marino Valdez was the service technician for ARS Rescue Rooter that came to my home.

02/21/2014

KAREN B.

I had a horrible experience with this company. I called and spoke to Nick who said he would handle my repair as he knew the building which has complicated plumbing. I called Nick at 10am (the estimated arrival time). Someone else called me back and said they were running at least 3 hours late. I complained about that. Then Nick called me and said he was NOT coming but would send someone who knew the building at that person would definitely arrive by noon. I called again at 12:15 and was told that the person was further delayed. He arrived around 12:30pm. He did not know the building rather he had once flushed a line in the basement. He had never actually worked on the plumbing. He looked at the problem and discovered he didn't have the common screw needed to fix the problem. He said he would go to the hardware store and be back in 2 minutes. One half hour later he returned. He left a huge mess in the bathroom which he only cleaned up when I made him. In sum, I was given an very late, unprepared, messy technician who was unfamiliar with my building despite my prior arrangements. Further I was forced to pay for 1/2 hour of time so he could get the common part he should have had with him. I would NOT use these people again and suggest you do the same.

Description of Work
He fixed a faucet in the shower.

05/21/2013

Michelle J.

I have been using them for over 10 years. They are very good about cleaning up after themselves. They have always been very pleasant and helpful. It’s a good company.

Description of Work
They repaired backed up sewer lines.

05/21/2013

kathleen M.

I love them. They do not charge more on weekends. They are very quick in their response. When I’ve had plumbing issues, they have been able to fit me in the same day. The technicians have always been good.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing work.

Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair

What our customers think: "I have been using Advanced Sprinkler and Drainage Repair over the last 8 years, I highly recommend them. The customer service we receive is impeccable. The work and the customer service we receive is what keeps me a returning customer every time." "I have been a customer of ASDR for many years. They are responsive, thorough and always ready to propose a solution to make my sprinklers more efficient. I have happily referred them to others for any sprinkler or drainage issue." "It has been a real pleasure working with Advanced Sprinkler. Over the last two years I have had various works done. Your team is excellent from start to finish--the front office, scheduling and the work are all top rate!"

Offers by Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair on Angi
    Black Mountain Plumbing Inc

Black Mountain Plumbing, Inc. was founded in 1993 by Scott and Anita Ferrell and became a corporation in 2000. We are committed to excellence and integrity in the plumbing services that we provide to our San Diego area customers. We believe in offering excellent customer service and are proud to receive the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2005. Less than 5% of all plumbers listed on Angie's List are eligible to receive this award. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating. We are also members of the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association.

Plumbing Plus

Customers have been turning to our knowledgeable team of Poway plumbing professionals at Plumbing Plus since 1984. Our company is local, family-owned, and trusted throughout San Diego County. Our team works hard to build long lasting relationships with all of our customers so that they never have to think twice when plumbing problems arise. We have an A rating on Angie’s List for plumbers in San Diego and also an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. With over 100,000 jobs successfully handled and over 80% of our customers being repeats and referrals, it’s easy to see why so many people prefer Plumbing Plus. Call to schedule your service today and see the difference our expert plumbers can make.

Offers by Plumbing Plus on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Plumbing Repair & Replacement, Drain Cleaning, Water Filtration, Whole House Re-Pipe, Sewer Cleaning.

HVAC, Appliance Repair & Electrical.