East Bay Sprinkler & Drip

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2017

East Bay Elk Grove

Sacramento, CA 95814

PLEASE LEAVE A VOICEMAIL IF I'M UNABLE TO ANSWER. I'M PROBABLY WORKING OR DRIVING. THANK YOU! My business is irrigation. I service and install irrigation systems for home and business owners. My specialty is water-efficiency... inline drip irrigation, EPA WaterSense certified controllers, and other

05/09/2020

Ronald M.

Outstanding workmanship and attention to detail in replacing our control valve manifold. He also repaired the leaking shut off valve and made some repairs to a few of sprinkler heads. Johnnie is as conscientious of contractor as you'll find and at a very fair price.

Description of Work
Replaced control valve manifold and fixed leaks

09/27/2019

Raeone Z.

Very good and excellent. He repaired one of the valve and proactive to show me photos of the other old one. He came very prompt and responded to my phone calls. Very professional and reasonable rate.

Description of Work
The came and fixed the valve.

Category plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for being a loyal repeat customer and thank you for the kind review. I appreciate your business.

09/03/2019

Geoff H.

Johnny was very responsive and a certified Rachio expert which made my repair that much faster. Would highly recommend him and will definitely work with jonny and his company again.

Description of Work
Irrigation repair

08/04/2019

Laura S.

I hired East Bay Sprinkler and Drip (Johnnie Mitchell), to install a backflow preventer, change out valves, and install a water line from the point of connection to the back yard for our back yard irrigation system. Johnnie was EXCELLENT! For starters, he communicated quickly and often with me. We discussed the project and Johnnie had some additional ideas for how to design the backyard irrigation system. He really put some thought and did additional research to ensure we could achieve the system we wanted. Our back yard system will eventually include sprinklers, drip and in-line fertilization for our vegetables and fruit trees. Johnnie was extremely knowledgeable about the options available. I particularly appreciated the time he took to review the job, prepare a bid, and make sure his proposed design would work. He communicated well via email and text, and was always clear about his schedule, when/if he was coming by the house and when the work would begin. I was also extremely impressed with his knowledge of irrigation systems - including sprinklers, drip, and in-line fertilization options. I preferred to review and discuss the options with him, as I am pretty invested in the project, but I believe you could also rely on Johnnie to come up with a system without much input from you to achieve your goals. I was also extremely impressed with Johnnie's work. In terms of the work completed, Johnnie was conscientious, methodical and took all the time necessary to do the job right. I highly recommend him and hope to hire him again as we continue to work on our back yard irrigation. I have already passed on his name to my parents who need some irrigation work completed as well.

Description of Work
Installation of a reduced pressure back flow preventer and water line and changing out valves for irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review [Member Name Removed]. I really enjoyed your project and working with you. You have a good understanding of irrigation too, and that made it easy to discuss the options you had. I'm looking forward to working with you in the future when you're ready to progress to the backyard. Take care!

08/03/2019

MEHRZAD N.

Johnnie has the most reliable and professional Sprinkler and piping business who perfectly understands how an irrigation system works and what the best solution is to repair or install any components of the system as well. I definitely recommend Johnnie not even because of his skills and abilities but for his ethic and reliability services.

Description of Work
4 Sprinkles Valves Replacement Installation

Category irrigation systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I'm happy we could work with the City of Davis to get your backflow preventer removed and save you the yearly expense of testing it. You're such a gracious and hospitable customer.

07/08/2019

Yvonne K.

Johnny designed a custom solution for our front, back, side yards, deck and hanging baskets. We're on a corner lot so there was a lot to cover, .23 acres. Johnny is a home gardener so he did not take a cookie cutter approach unlike another provider I considered. Instead, he asked thoughtful questions about my intent for each space and was willing to work with me to ensure each area was irrigated appropriately. He is a consummate professional and cares passionately about both the function as well as the aesthetics of the solution. His designs are built to last. He has a high degree of integrity and is a delightfully positive person. He also integrated two grey water systems we'd had installed and needed to be connected in. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Drip irrigation system design and installation

Category irrigation systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work on your project. We were able to navigate the challenges and build a durable system that will serve you well into the future. I look forward to seeing the landscape plantings come together. We'll fine tune the scheduling over the next month (conveniently via smartphones) to achieve the optimal water amounts for each zone. Thanks again for the great review and for your courtesies. Johnnie

12/29/2018

Coco C.

I am impressed with his honest and patience with customer. He showed me some sprinklers that he fixed that and set up new water timer. He showed me how to use mobile for smart water timer. I wish i hire him to install new irrigation for my backyard. I thanked my friend who recommended me to contact him since she was happy with his job.

Description of Work
Repaired broken pic pipe and set up new water timer

11/09/2018

Jessica W.

Johnnie does excellent work. He is extremely thorough and makes sure he does the job right. He truly takes pride in the work he does and is very knowledgeable and uses water conservation practices in his installation. We were so impressed with his work and attention to detail that we also hired him to complete our backyard plant installation as well.

Description of Work
Drainage, sprinklers and drip

10/15/2018

Arvind S.

In the beginning - he came across as very professional. However - it turns out that is completely opposite of professional. He told us that it will take about a week to complete the job - but he comes one day - and then won't return calls, texts, emails at all for two or more weeks - and then suddenly show up for one day - and then disappear for another two weeks. He had asked me to give him money so that he can buy stuff for the sprinkler system - and I paid him $2000 for that - now he has disappeared and won't response to calls, texts or emails. Our lawn is all dig up and now in horrible condition - and we are $2,000 out - DO NOT HIRE HIM.

Description of Work
We hired him for fixing sprinkler system and putting new lawn

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

09/09/2018

Phil S.

Same day service. Roots removed and pipe replaced in under two hours. Sprinkler tested and no leaks. It was a pleasure to watch a true professional that knows his trade.

Description of Work
Repair broken sprinkler line due to tree root damage.

09/03/2018

Marie K.

Johnnie was very patient and thorough. I have a lot of plants that needed different levels of watering. He made sure all were covered and even added drip lines to all the raised pots. My plants will grow better, I am saving time, and it adds to the prperty value. With the smart meter, I will save water too. He was professional and a pleasure to work with...highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Set up a drip system for an existing mature garden.

08/19/2018

Daniel S.

Very enjoyable, interactive experience all the way. Of course, he talked us into much more than we were planning to do originally, but all to great effect. No more sprinkler worries for years.

Description of Work
Johnnie is now our irrigation guru. He not only revamped our system, but can clearly be counted on for advice and counsel going forward

06/12/2018

John P.

We were extremely pleased while the work was going on and exceptionally happy with the results. Johnnie went above and beyond! He responded timely to calls and texts and is extremely knowledgeable. He was punctual every day and communicative about his plans. He put us in touch with the water district so that we could apply for a rebate that we were not even aware of. Overall this was an excellent experience and I would recommended East Bay to everyone (in fact, I already have!).

Description of Work
We used East Bay to repair and upgrade the sprinkler system and drip system in our front yard.

03/05/2018

Kate C.

I don't normally write reviews, but Johnnie is so amazing that I felt like I had to share my experience. I hired Johnnie to fix the mistakes another person made while working on my irrigation system. Johnnie is a true professional, very knowledgeable, trustworthy and patient. He worked very hard, fixed all the problems and cleaned up very nicely. He was very understanding of my situation (I had spent a lot $$ and got left with a mess) and charged a reasonable amount. I wish I had found Johnnie earlier! I am so glad I hired him. Call Johnnie first!

Description of Work
Irrigation System

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I was sorry to see the mess the guy before me left you with, and what a shame he tried to sell you an unnecessary backflow preventer when the only thing lacking were his plumbing skills (terrible glue job!). I'm happy we could stop the leak and get your lawn back in order. Take care!

01/12/2018

Ryan M.

Great! Johnny was incredible. Very thorough, communicative and informed me about the city sacwaterwise.com rebate program. I had no idea. I was able to get a rebate for $687! He worked with the city, took lots of before and after pictures and the backyard looks great. No more sprinklers spraying water all over the house and everywhere else. I would recommend him to all my neighbors and everyone on Angie's list. Good job Johnnie!

Description of Work
Complete overhaul of backyard irrigation

Category irrigation systems

it was such a pleasure to work on your project [Member Name Removed], and it's good to see you're happy with the results. You have such a nice backyard. When you get around to adding plants in the Spring I'm sure they'll do quite well with the new irrigation. The City of Sacramento's River Friendly rebate program is awesome and I hope to help many more customers take advantage of it. Share some photos once you get those new plants installed! Thanks again [Member Name Removed].

09/15/2017

Sanford S.

He underestimated the extent of this job but we worked it out well. He is a very responsible professional.

Description of Work
Johnnie replaced my entire irrigation system. He did an extremely professional job. He knows irrigation and he knows about plant material. He tries to be a one man operation but should be encouraged to hire day labor for trenching etc.

08/28/2017

Daphne W.

At the beginning, Johnnie was awesome. He is knowledgeable and friendly, and I trusted him from the get-go. I hired him just as he started getting positive reviews on Angie's list -- he was very proud of that -- but he is a one-man show. He was quickly overwhelmed with jobs, and couldn't keep up. He said "yes" to everyone (I heard him talk to more than one client while on my job) , which meant he was always running late and not showing up on the appointed day. He was supposed to come by and finish some work for me, but he eventually came several days after the agreed-upon date, while ignoring my phone calls and texts in the meantime. He didn't give me enough training on how to use the automated irrigation zone system, and he wouldn't respond to phone or text messages after his last visit. I finally had to call the manufacturer of the controller he gave me (NxEco) to get tech support, and found out that Johnnie got many controllers on credit and he owed NxEco a lot of money. They asked me if I could help them retrieve their money, and of course I could not. I checked back belatedly with the irrigation expert that Johnnie had used as a reference, and she said she heard several stories similar to mine and she was no longer recommending East Bay Sprinkler & Drip. Finally, while Johnnie submitted partial paperwork to EBMUD for my refund, he never gave me or EBMUD a receipt, and I can't get the refund without the receipt. I have never paid anyone without a receipt, but I originally trusted Johnnie so much that I believed him when he told me he would get a receipt to me shortly. He was clearly overworked, and I wanted to give him a break. That was three months ago, and he has not been heard from since. The actual irrigation system works fine -- as of now -- but while Johnnie promised to fix some problems and be available for tweaking things, he disappeared once he got the check. I have two words of advice if you are even considering East Bay Sprinkler & Drip: STAY AWAY!

Description of Work
I needed drip irrigation installed in my front and back yard. The front yard had a sprinkler system, and I was hoping to get a refund from EBMUD for replacing the sprinkler with a drip system.

06/20/2017

Nicholas H.

Really pleased with the service. Very friendly, answered our messages promptly, kept us informed of arrival time. Then once they were here they sorted out all of our problems. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Good value for money.

Description of Work
Our electrical line to the sprinkler system had been accidentally cut, and many of the sprinkler heads were either broken or not watering in the correct place.

05/24/2017

James R.

Johnnie was on time and professional. He was unfazed by our running late and began the evaluation without instruction. The visit was efficient, he is an expert and we look forward to working with him again soon.

Description of Work
We needed a full sprinkler system test and (many) repairs.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the kind words and review! Yours is a favorite type of project for me... updating older equipment to the latest/greatest available. I expect significant water savings, improved plant health, and greater peace of mind once we're done with the renovation. Thanks Again! Johnnie

05/17/2017

Linda C.

Did all the work asked for and even reset timer watering schedules

Description of Work
Timer and sprinkler heads needed to be rewired and replaced.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks for the honest review [Member Name Removed]. I'm happy we ultimately solved your problem. I'll be carrying extra "Smart Timers" with me from now on. I know it was a surprise to you when your old timer quit working before I arrived. And that sprinkler wire that had been damaged some time ago... luckily someone put that "blue" tape on the "non-repair" so I knew where to go splice the severed connections correctly. I'm happy that we got your original concern addressed. The additional problems we discovered along the way are more popular than you might think. There are so many people who have been hand-watering their lawns for years due to a simple wire nut needing to be replaced. It's so important to install these components the right way to avoid these issues. I'm confident you'll be trouble free going forward. Thanks for choosing us for your irrigation repairs. Your business is truly appreciated!

05/03/2017

enoch P.

I ended up paying more than his original bid because I started off wanting to water 3 zones, but I expanded to 6 zones when I saw what his automated system can do. It is imperative to be involved so that your learning curve starts to flatten out and he welcomes questions. He leaves you with a system you know how to operate and maintain. I became confident about getting my money's worth as I saw how well he put the project together and how patiently he helped me to think through the issues along the way. He is timely but when problems do arise with arrival, he communicates. I found him to be a reliable man of his word and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Mr. Mitchell is quite skilled and knowledgeable about how to set up an economical and efficient drip irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]! I'm excited as you about your garden plans. You had so much thought out before I got involved. I just helped you tie it all together. It takes awhile to figure out all the great tools and accessories available to make these systems shine. I'm anxious to see how things develop. I'm new to Angie's List and still learning my way around. Soon enough I'll figure out how to showcase these projects through pictures so this community can see how these systems should look... in my humble opinion. Thank you again [Member Name Removed]!

05/03/2017

Eddie B.

Johnnie is awesome and very professional. The prices are extremely competitive for the quality of work he provides. I am very satisfied with a all of the work that was done. I will be hiring East Bay Sprinkler and Drip again to install drip lines around pool landscape and definitely other jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Sold and installed NxEco sprinkler controller. Replaced sprinkler valves, sprinkler heads and nozzles. Planted 2 trees 15 gallons. Prepped tree well. Installed bender board front landscape. Backyard clean up.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! What a difference a tree makes, huh?! An example of how "one good thing leads to another". I'm so happy to have worked with you on your projects. Part of the satisfaction I get from this business is hearing the sigh of relief when the problem is solved. That's the sound I heard when your sidewalk dried up after that long time valve leak. I'm happy you're loving the new Nxeco Smart Timer too. They're so cool. They actually do what they say they will do... kind of like me ... and you! I can't wait to get to that pool area and install the drip. Your wife's tropical paradise awaits! See ya soon [Member Name Removed]!

916 Irrigation

Lawn irrigation, repairs, control timer, new system installation, drip irrigation, landscape lighting, drainage system.

BlueStar Landscape Solutions

We are a do everything landscape/hardscapes/concrete company specializing in all your back and front yard dreams from reconstructing your whole yard to adding a new concrete sidewalk whatever you dream of we can do it starting with landscape design please feel free to contact us for all your outdoor needs

LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE

With over 30 years’ experience, we believe that consistent communication is the key to a successful landscape project. That is why the same salesperson with whom you meet as your initial contact will act as your project coordinator as well. He/she will be with you from the first meeting to the end of your construction project ensuring your trust, confidence, and satisfaction. Let Lavish Gardens Landscape design and install a professional custom landscape to allow you to escape everyday pressures and stress; a retreat made just for you! Whether you want to create a resort right at home for your family and friends to play and relax or a simple place to call your own; we will create a landscape with quality, integrity, and beauty for you to enjoy for years to come.

Check, PayPal

Weather-based irrigation controllers (smart timers), drip irrigation, high-efficiency nozzles, check valves, etc... I incorporate these tools and more into every installation or upgrade. The timer is "the brain" in your system. You want a smart brain, right? Well... a smart timer is only as smart as the person who programs it... and knows its capabilities. I've installed and/or programmed seven different models over the years and now choose from just three based on your landscape needs.

Although I do "quick fix" repairs, I don't consider this the best use of my time. I'm a hands-on irrigation "techy" who really understands the intersection of soil, plant, and water. I can either assemble a plan, or follow a plan, but I think every irrigation system "needs a plan". If you don't think your irrigation needs a plan... I'm probably "over qualified" for your job. On the other hand... if your system has a plan (or you desire one), I'll be your best long-term landscape investment.