Custom Fireside Shop

California: Contractors
07/31/2022

5545 Auburn Blvd

Sacramento, CA 95841

Custom Fireside opened for business in 1968. In fact, our main store--while now much larger--is still located at the original 5545 Auburn Boulevard address in Sacramento . We began business making new and replacement fireplace screens for the local community. We quickly grew into selling hearth accessories, gas logs and glass fireplace doors. As the alternative heating market grew, we began offering wood and gas stoves, inserts and built-in fireplaces. 14 employees. Uses subs. 2nd Showroom at 9097 Elk Grove Blvd, in Old Town Elk Grove. Their phone number - (916) 714-4423....

fireplace services (27)gas fireplace repair (13)chimney sweep (2)

11/02/2021

John L.

Fireplace is great. However, it took 6 weeks and three subsequent visits to fix the first improper installation. On first three visits, the technicians failed to properly install fireplace, making separate errors each time. Each visit was at least two weeks later. Also, we were never advised the fan was not controlled by the remote, so the only way to change its level is to take the bottom front plate out and manually adjust the fan each time we wish to change it, hoping we do not scratch the surfaces. The manager's reaction to my disappointment about this feature was basically indifference.

Description of Work
purchase and installation of fireplace.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate your patience. I understand that we had a couple of issues, one mechanical and one regards to getting it all set correctly. You have a specialized fireplace that required some extra fussing. Let us know if you need anything. I hope that you enjoy it this season. Sincerely, Mitch

08/23/2020

Steven P.

The purchase was excellent with no high pressure too buy more than what I needed. The installation was excellent as Jordan did a great job and did not leave any mess. He was on time and pleasant to deal with. I would recommend this business to anyone.

Description of Work
I had a gas log kit installed that I purchased from custom fireside.

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

06/12/2017

Carol D.

It's never been serviced because it just works.

Description of Work
We had a gas fireplace insert installed years ago, into a previously wood-burning fireplace. It functions very much like a furnace.

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review! Let us know if you need anything. Sincerely, Mitch Heller Owner

05/03/2017

Gretchen M.

It went very smoothly--well done. The men were on time, they installed the unit and cleaned up everything

Description of Work
I had a gas burning fireplace installed.

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

03/27/2017

Thomas P.

They said they charged a certain amount for any repair, when it came down to it they also charged for the part. So that was over and above the repair fee. That was not in their information, that was not disclosed. Other than that, they did a good job. I would possibly use them again, as long as they disclose their real cost.

Description of Work
They came out to fix our fireplace.

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

03/14/2017

Kimberly O.

Salesman at the store was helpful and service technician was prompt, worked quickly, cleaned up, and was helpful explaining how to operate the new fireplace.

Description of Work
New gas fireplace insert

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

[Member Name Removed], thanks for your review! Enjoy your fireplace! Sincerely, Mitch Heller, owner.

11/13/2014

Gail G.

I found that after 25 years the grate had melted and the burner had become distorted. When I went to the shop I was shown a variety of options and made a decision to replace all the parts. The scheduler said he would call me back in the afternoon to schedule an appointment. He did. I received a 2 hour time frame. The technician was here at the beginning of the time frame. He wiped his feet thoroughly and covered my carpet with two large quilted matts to protect my carpet. He replaced all outdated parts and installed a new gas log system. It was finished within a half hour. He took away all the old parts and carefully cleared away the matts with debris from the fireplace. I was thrilled when he turned it on because it had not looked this good for a few years. The technician was friendly and considerate. Thanks, Custom Fireside for another great job.

Description of Work
About 25 years ago I had Custome Fireside install a gas log system in my fireplace. The ceramic logs had begun to crack and the grate had burned away. After all these years I decided to return to this shop for some updates.

Work Completed On 11/13/2014

04/24/2014

William K.

Very well. The installer, Greg, arrived on time and completed all work within his estimated time frame. We had a bookcase unit in the great room and wanted to add a modern fireplace.

Description of Work
Removed wall unit (bookcase, TV stand) and installed gas fireplace.

Work Completed On 03/20/2013

04/16/2014

Martha J.

There was a visit to measure to determine the size of insert that could be installed. Two men arrived on time to do the install, worked efficiently and very cleanly, leaving no mess behind. They explained use, features and safety of the unit and the remote and demonstrated. I have been happy with the results.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace insert

Category fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 04/16/2014

01/31/2014

Keith R.

Excellent job. Very thorough. Have corner fireplace and they made a flange to cover the shorter side which continued around to the front as one piece.

Description of Work
Installed a gas fireplace insert with chimney piping.

Work Completed On 09/09/2013

Gas fireplace & stove installation & service. Fire pits. Log sets. Chimney caps.

Chimney sweeping.