Ochoas Fence Co

Los Angeles, CA 90033

ALL TYPES OF FENCING, CHAIN LINK, WOOD, IRON WORK, ETC

04/04/2021

Emily G.

Miguel did an absolutely awesome job building a chain link fence in my backyard. I had quotes from other contractors but Miguel came in lower than the other quotes I had received and also inspired more confidence. Other contractors raised issues about branches from a couple of fruit trees I had, raised issues about their ability to secure posts where they should normally go, felt challenged by some of the rising brickwork levels I had and wanted to charge extra money for adding a gate as part of the fence. Miguel, however, saw no issues with any of that. He had the special tools to securely insert the posts were they ideally belong and did a fabulous job with a clean install even in the more difficult sections. He is a real professional and great to work with -- very highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Chain link fence for backyard

10/13/2020

James G.

The redwood fence and gate Ochoa's Fence built for us is so beautiful we can't stop looking at it. It is exactly what we asked for, was completed in record time, and is super sturdy. Miguel was great to work with – attentive, responsive, experienced, and respectful. We highly recommend him and his crew for any fence or gate project. - Jeannie and Ken, Torrance, CA.

Description of Work
build redwood fence and gate

02/23/2018

KAREN G.

I needed to have four posts replaced and some boards replaced. Miguel was there right on time (actually a little early which was great) and they got right to work. They finished quickly and did an excellent job. This is the third time I have used Ochoas Fence to do repairs. I wish I had initially used them to install the fence. I probably wouldn't be having all these problems. Unfortunately when I had the fence installed I didn't know about Ochoas Fence. Their work is perfection and their prices are good. Very professional. Always arrive on time and finish the job without any problem. Leave a clean work area. Thank you Miguel and Miguel Jr. for your help this morning. Very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Miguel and his son repaired by wooden fence.

08/24/2017

rodrigo G.

Great he stated 2 days for completion and it took exactly that and the workmanship was top quality.

Description of Work
Needed about 100ft worth of dog ear fence done this included Lattice on 42ft and fixing a portion of the fence that was leaning.

07/06/2017

Robert L.

Most impressive was that Miguel and his crew were very punctual - from the on time appointment for estimate to finish. Project was remove brush and shrubs and a 50 year old fence which was pieced together over the years and replace with 130 foot chain link with privacy slats and 48" gate. I did not need to shop around - already had a price in mind doing research on material costs and what I felt was fair labor costs. Miguel gave what I felt was a fair estimate and he seemed trustworthy, so I gave him the job. His crew showed up on time and went straight to work without a break. It was like clockwork and they were able to complete the entire job of removal, post setting in concrete, and fence/slat installation. Their work was meticulous and the materials were of higher quality than what I had expected. Workers were friendly and Miguel took the time to update progress during the job in case modifications were needed. Definitely recommend Ochoa's Fence.

Description of Work
Remove old fence and install chain link fence with privacy slats and gate

06/14/2017

Ralph R.

Miguel and the team did an excellent job. They were very professional and did quality work.

Description of Work
Replace old wood fencing/ivy covered with new cedar fencing. Also added a new cedar gate.

05/06/2017

Laura D.

Miguel and his team were very efficient and professional. I got three quotes total, two from more established fencing companies. The others quoted $7500 for the job, while Ochoa's quote was $6800. They did great quality work, so the lower price did not mean lower quality in this case. Ochoa's Fence is a great deal. Miguel was punctual and professional throughout, from the estimate to the final day. He listened to what I wanted, and discussed options with me. They took down an old wooden fence that was in the way without charging anything additional. If I need any additional fencing work done, I will definitely use Ochoa's Fence again: great workers, great price, and trustworthy. They also did the work quickly. Small note: one of the other reviews here complained because Miguel did not provide the quote for his job instantly, but rather emailed the quote later. All three of the fencing companies I got quotes from did the same thing--this appears to be standard practice.

Description of Work
Six foot tall fence in wood (about 70') and in chain link (about 65'), including two wood swing gates and one chain link swing gate. Part in existing masonry, part in ground.

Category fencing, dog fence

08/21/2016

Deanna G.

Miguel is a wonderful person. He did an amazing job. The fence looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Side fence between neighbor.

Category fencing

Thank you so much for your business .

05/23/2016

Mary C.

Miguel responded immediately the same day, came out and gave me an estimate. We scheduled an appointment for the install that Thursday and it was completed in about 4-5 hours! They did a fantastic job, cleaned up the work area, and I was pleased with their prompt and courteous service. I am referring them to others who might want/need a fence. Because of my budget, I got a green chain link and it came out really nice! I had two other estimates, that were much higher in price and was pleasantly surprised by their workmanship and great price.

Category driveway gates

I really appreciate your review , wee are here to help you .

05/19/2016

Marcia A.

Following a violent break-in burglary at my home, Miguel and I met there on Thursday evening. We discussed design and layout, Friday he called with an estimate and on Wednesday Miguel, Jose and Robert showed up at the arranged time and today, Thursday, the work was completed. They custom fenced in my corner property, added 2 security gates and handrails. Even by the end of the first day I finally felt safe in my home again. They were efficient, thorough, neat and considerate of the neighbors. I was concerned I'd feel like I was living behind bars but the location and installation of the fence have added to the look of the property rather than detracting from it. I would recommend these guys again and again. Thank you, thank you.

Description of Work
Fenced in my property. Installed handrails for the entry stairs

Category fencing

Thank you so much for your business :) am so glad you feel safe again in your house .

05/10/2016

Ross J.

On the day of the demo and install, they raised their price $400 to make up for hauling more wood to the dump than they had planned - the fence was double-sided. He was on site and looked at the fence. I know he knew it was double sided because I specifically told him to put the boards on my neighbors side and leave me the "bad" side so we could save money on the project. My neighbor called to tell me we had to pay more money. I told him to send these guys on their way, and I would get more bids. I didn't appreciate a 17% increase on "game" day. I felt like there was undue pressure to pay the extra amount so I didn't have to get more quotes and start over. Ultimately, when someone pressures me like that I think I am getting a bad deal. When we overlook something and quote wrong at our shop, we eat the difference. I don't charge customers more at the last minute because I messed up my quote. Good guy. Sorry it didn't work out.

Description of Work
They came out. They were punctual as can be. Unlike other reviewers,it didn't bother me at all that he had to work up an estimate and e-mail it to me. Who cares? I do bids all day. It hurts to get one wrong. His bid was actually pretty prompt. We agreed on an amount ($2,400) and arranged a day for the installation.

12/08/2015

Angla H.

They arrived on time and ready to finish the job, it only took about two hours and they were very considerate of my neighbors as well. They worked without using any power tools until after 8:00am so that they wouldn't disturb anyone in the neighborhood. I didn't ask them to do that, but I was very thankful that they did! I called them on a Friday and he came out the following Tuesday on the week of Thanksgiving which was perfect for us because we were in a rush to have something to keep our dogs safely in the back yard. Overall I am very happy with my new driveway gate. He also told me that I could call him up if I ever needed any repairs!

Description of Work
We had 13' of chain link installed, a 3' fence and a 10' double swinging gate for our driveway.

09/01/2015

David B.

We had a chain link fence and gate damaged when a neighbor's vehicle crashed into it and contacted Ochoa's Fence for its repair. I dealt with Miguel and am extremely happy with the quality, professionalism and responsiveness of the company. They went above and beyond what was necessary in replacing/repairing the fence and gate to ensure it's proper function. They were prompt (even early) and cleaned up after the job. I would highly recommend this company for your fencing needs. They are extremely professional and communicative and we will be using them again and highly recommending them to others.

Description of Work
Chain link fence and gate repair/replacement.

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you so much . It was my pleasure .

07/30/2015

RAY L.

Where it went bad? He's carrying a clipboard with his measuring tape. Instead of offering me on the spot the estimated cost. He offers me the estimated cost by sending it through email. Come on now! A contractor wouldn't have to go back to his office and look up at the prices. I'm an Angie's List customer. It's almost like riding a taxi. If you're riding a taxi within a 7 mile radius and he sees the odometer reading at $7.35, he's going to want to slow down so he can get at $15.00 in. This is the situation, it's a very small front lawn and you want $850. The other fencing company wanted $1000.00, but he gave the estimated cost + sent it through email. The bad thing he mentions as a salesperson "I came early since my son has a football game." I'll look somewhere else. I wouldn't use you at all!

Description of Work
Miguel measured the areas where I wanted the chain link fence at.

07/13/2015

Louis W.

We were having a terrible problem with coyotes getting into the yard. Ochoa Fence Company did an excellent job in placing two new chain link fence sections. They were very efficient, arriving early and completing the job timely. They cleaned up all the mess and did more than was estimated. All the workers were very polite. We will use them again for additional work. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
45 feet of 7 foot tall new chain link fence with new gate and with fencing extending 1 foot below ground. They also made a new chain link fence 35 feet long and 7 foot tall with 1 foot buried in dirt for $2,450.

07/10/2015

Tim H.

I made several attempt to contact this business. The 1st time I spoke to someone that took down all the information on the work I needed, the address and my contact information. She assured me that someone would be out to look at the work and contact me with pricing. I waited and no one called me back. I tried calling back and all I got was the answering machine. I would have appreciated a call back.

Description of Work
No work performed

Category driveway gates

06/17/2015

Sergio V.

Miguel is a very good and serious professional. He was punctual like a swiss watch from the quote to the end of the work and started and finished the work on time. It was a great pleasure working with him also because he is a very pleasant person. I strongly recommend this Professional and I am very happy to have chosen Ochoas Fence Co. If you are looking for the quality and for a fair price, look no further. Call him, I guarantee for him! I will/would call him again.

Description of Work
Built 65ft of chain link fence, 3 gates, 1 gate in the backyard, 1 additional chain link barrier for the porch

05/27/2015

Charles N A.

Mr. Ochoa responded to my initial phone call within 24 hours. We met at the site, a residence, the next day. He was on time, listened carefully to what I thought I needed done, made some suggestions, and we agreed on the details. This was a small job involving a damaged chain link fence.Two posts and a damaged section of the fence needed to be removed and replaced with a single post, new fence material, and a gate rehung. Mr Ochoa gave me an estimate. I told him that I wanted to get some other estimates and he agreed. A few days later, not getting any response from the other providers I called, I accepted Mr. Ochoa's estimate. He and a helper showed up an hour earlier than we had agreed to start. The work was professional: they had the proper tools and material to finish the job in a timely manner. The new post is stronger than the old one being bigger in diameter and thicker. It is also longer to accommodate raising the gate if subsequent grading changes are made.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged chain link fence.

05/14/2015

Eric K.

Miguel, the owner of Ochoas Fence Company, responded on the same day I requested service. To save our time to go back and forth on emails. Miguel responded with an estimate based on the plan I sent him. I think the price he quoted was a fair price. We then met on the job site. We agreed on his initial quote price. The task was done swiftly the next day, Miguel and his team had done a good job in setting up the fence as well as cleaning up after them. In all, I am very , very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone who needs a fence.

Description of Work
A 5'6" tall chain link fence along side the low profile wood fence in my backyard.

12/30/2014

Amy S.

It went really well. They had to pour concrete to reinforce parts of the fence where the previous installer had not done it. They were very thorough so that now even though my dogs dig and jump I know that they won't be able to get out of the yard. The fence looks great too.

Description of Work
They reinforced my wooden fences so my dogs couldn't get out of the yard.

Category fencing, dog fence

10/30/2014

Michael H.

His quality and price was good. Everything was perfect.

Description of Work
I used Miguel Ochoas of Ochoas Fence for installing chain link.

07/24/2014

grant B.

Ochoa's Fence did an excellent job on my fence. they are professional and MIguel was very diplomatic and direct with a problem neighbor. This is a family owned and operated business that you should take pride in supporting. they are excellent and receive my highest possible review.

Description of Work
installed redwood and chain link fencing.

04/17/2014

Loren M.

I live in Reno, and the work was done on a home I own in Reno, Nevada. All my contact with them was by email or phone. They were very helpful and arranged with a tenant to inspect the property, make a bid and, after I accepted it, again arranged with the tenant for a time to do the job. I was impressed with their quickness in answering my inquiries, and my tenant says the work is excellent. P.S. I don't remember when the work was done, but your site doesn't allow me to send my evaluation without a date -- the problem with dealing with a computer instead of a person.

Description of Work
They replaced a section of fence that had been removed by a neighbor.

12/10/2013

Eric L.

Miguel Ochoa did a superb job! The fence was of a clean, minimalist design, and was just what I wanted. Miguel's workmanship is first-rate: the fence is precisely on the line I indicated, and is straight and square, with the tops of all the boards exactly in line. Miguel and his crew showed up on time, worked diligently, and tidied the site up at the end of the day. I'm very happy with his work and would not hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Built over 200' of redwood dogear fence plus a couple of gates

08/19/2013

Tony V.

Miguel Ochoa was professional, competent, reasonable and, in the end, constructed a beautiful redwood fence in our backyard. We got bids from about half a dozen fence builders, including Lowes (incompetent customer service) and Home Depot (good service but surprisingly expensive). They finished a 211 linear foot board on board redwood fence in 3 days, including staining. We were very impressed. Miguel's crew were all friendly and hard working and he guaranteed labor for a year. I highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
He built a board on board redwood fence and gate in my backyard. He also stained the fence with stain I provided