Jim's Roofing Service, Inc.

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2011

2915 sunset place #301

Los Angeles, CA 90005

4-5 Employees, We use selected subs who specialize in other aspects of roofing. All estimaes are free of charge and we offer roof certifications at 399.00. Emergency leak calls are a minimum of 175.00. All roof repairs are based on a cost of difficulty and time related to the start and

12/20/2016

Valerie A.

Chris came out within 2 hours and fixed the leak. Chris was professional, nice and the work was performed quickly and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Leak from exhaust vent during the last rain.

08/31/2016

David D.

Jim did an excellent job. He was prompt, friendly and professional. His team was able to come earlier than planned which saved us time for the other work we needed to do. Excellent workmanship, clean up, time and price. Overall he saved us a huge mess and money. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

07/08/2016

Amedee L.

03/03/2015

helen S.

Jim arrived at the agreed upon time - had all the necessary equipment and expertise to efficiently and professionally fix our tiles. He was pleasant and knowledgeable. If we have any roof problems in the future, we will certainly call him.

Description of Work
We have a 20-year old tile roof with a few small leaks.

02/19/2015

Michael R.

Description of Work
There was a leak in our roof. They plugged it and said that the roof could use a sealer, but it is in basically good condition. The other guy said we need a new roof

01/02/2015

Nanette B.

We live in a 1920's Spanish style, 2 story house with the original tile roof. Needless to say, every five years or so it springs a leak. This time, I went on Angie's list to find a new roofing company because the guy we had used in the past retired. I picked out 2 companies with A reviews and called Jim on Dec 30th. He came over to look at the roof at 8am on the 31st and gave me a quote on the spot. Jim recommended essentially the same repair as the other contractor but his price was a bit less plus he included replacement of the other broken/loose tiles on the roof. Jim and his crew completed the work on Jan 2nd. Of course, it is hard to see the quality of a roofing job if you are a layman, but all the broken tiles have been replaced and they left the site spotless. Also, he provides a one year warranty on the leak area. Couldn't be any happier and would definitely use his company again.

Description of Work
Repaired roof leak and replaced other broken tiles

12/24/2014

Prue K.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Clean the roof of significant debris from a nearby tree. Inspection for waterproofing and small garage roof repair.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

10/15/2014

MARK N.

Description of Work
We were able to have area of the roof repaired instead of a complete replacement at this time. The difficulty of this project was the cal shake shingles we have and their scarcity. Jim was able to locate them and repair some of the damaged areas on the roof. Even though the roof isn't pretty it is serviceable for several years to come.

06/16/2014

Lola D.

Description of Work
He made some repairs to my roof which included sealing pipes and drains as well as removing exposed nails and staples.

05/31/2014

Fleur N.

Description of Work
Jim's roofing removed old roof from 2 story guesthouse and put a new shingle roof on. The old roof had rotten fascia boards and planks, which were removed and exchanged as well. Jim gave estimate before-hand based on visible damage - if any other damage would be found, this would be charged as time and material. Jim was super helpful in any aspect and even changed his schedule around to accommodate owner health issues. His crew was very helpful and polite as well. I would surely recommend them again.

03/03/2014

Linda P.

Woke up to a major leak in dining room . After lining the carpeted floor with tarps, buckets and towels I began to search Angie's List for roof repair needing at least temporary tarps to prevent further damage during major heavy rains predicted on 2/28 and 3/1. I started calling companies at 5:00 am, Jim was the first to call back before 6:00 am and said he would be over as soon as it got light out. Showed up with 2 of his crew and immediately discovered the leak along with some other problems. I asked him how long it would take to tarp, and he stated that he wasn't going to tarp it, he was going to repair the roof. He stated that there was still a couple of years left on the roof and not to worry. He could of very easily told me I needed a whole new roof, but he was HONEST! Repair is effective (even after 4and quot; of rain during the next 2 days), his crew worked efficiently and completely, and price was very reasonable. EXCELLENT SERVICE!. Jim will get the job when I need a new roof in a couple of years. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Repaired major leak in roof. Replaced other loose shingles and flashing and pipes that needed repair.

01/29/2014

James P.

This is how it's supposed to be... you get a referral, they come out and give a terrific estimate and they come back the next day and do the job. I would recommend to anyone, any time

Description of Work
Repaired or replace wood for the facia of the house.

12/22/2013

Shirley C.

Leveled the roof with foam in order to prevent pooling of water on a flat roof on our condominium. Jim the put a coat of elasticote on top to seal the roof. He was very helpful in doing some extra's around heating and air conditioning units on the roof. Telephone calls always returned promptly and courteously. One delay with a subcontractor for the foam but Jim able to handle the situation. Would highly recommend.

08/08/2013

Amber G.

Due to insurance purposes we needed some repairs done our roof. He can yesterday to look at the roof, gave a quote which was reasonable. And him and his crew came back today to do the job. They were prompt, friendly and reliable. We will definitely use him again and recommend any one to him.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

03/04/2013

Prue K.

On time, professional, and showed me photos of all the updates.

Description of Work
Cleaned roof & gutters, repaired seals around a/c unit, checked for loose tiles.

11/30/2012

Ella S.

I was referred to Jim by another contractor. He was professional, prompt and fair in returning my calls, doing his assessment and gave me a very fair and competitive price. He showed up the day agreed upon and even assisted my overall project by having his crew remove the gutters and taking them away. He told me the work would take a day and a half which it did.

Description of Work
My house originally had wood shingles that were roofed over with composition shingles. Over the years certain areas have deteriorated. He repaired the ridgeline of my roof and fixed the flashing and some other areas that needed attention due to Santa Ana wind damage. He guarantees his work for 2 years. I wouldn't hesitate to call him for other roofing needs.

11/11/2012

Jennifer L.

n/a

Description of Work
Company never got in touch with me

06/26/2012

GEORGE K.

They were very good and on time, everything was on time. They were very professional. They told me exactly what they were doing and how they were doing it. They gave me the charge for everything they were doing and it was real fair.

Description of Work
Jims Roof Repair did a roof tune up. They fixed some shingles and fixed a vent. They did quite a bit.

04/09/2012

Priscilla C.

Jim noticed some things (like the raccoon hole) which other companies did not even mention to me; in fact, he encouraged and helped me onto the roof so that I could see it for myself. Two of the other companies would not have even fixed that and it was a big hole in the roof. Honestly, if they had walked the entire roof I do not know how they could have missed seeing it. Also, one other company took pictures of a couple bad spots but then suggested that the entire ridge needed replacing. When Jim took me up there, he showed me those bad spots but they were a few isolated incidences and did not warrant replacing the entire ridge. I was very pleased with the quality of work, professionalism, price and attentiveness. I would use Jim's Roofing service again (although, I secretly hope for my sake that I don't have to -- lol!)

Description of Work
Double and a half garage roof replaced. three previuos rock roofs removed and new asphalt shingle put on. About 400 sq. feet of lumber replaced due to water rot damage. This was as expected in the areas where I knew I had sever leakage. Also, Jim patched my existing roof over my house (which was only 15 years old and he advised did not require wholesale-replacment. He also did a fabulous and thorough job sealing up a big whole that raccoons had made to enter my attic. My chimney also had cracks which he patched.

03/05/2012

Nicol E.

The whole process was really smooth and there was constant communication between jims and us, we were given a good and fair estimate and the contractor was very professional and even gave us a free upgrade on our roof.

Description of Work
The old roof was removed and we had a new tile roof installed on front and a flat roof in back

01/11/2012

DEEPA M.

Jim is a professional. He arrived on time, assessed our leak and gave his quote and the work to be performed. On the day of, he arrived on time and completed the job promptly and did a water test to ensure that there was no additional leaks. It was a pleasure to work with him and would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Leak in an area of the roof.

12/16/2011

M D.

Jim was recommended by another highly-rated Angie List company. He did a great job. He was prompt, courteous, and professional. This was a pretty basic torch down job, but it required coordination with another contractor who would remove the deck so that Jim could access the roof. Jim was very flexible with the other contractor. He changed the planned day for installation when it became clear that removing the deck would take longer than anticipated. He even helped the other contractor with minor repairs to the roof. Jim was in and out in the time he said it would be. He was careful to explain what would happen and why he had to do certain things (like cut back a few plants next to the roof -- to avoid a fire hazard). Jim cleaned up the area before installation and did a great job cleaning up afterwards. This is particularly difficult to do with torch down and tar, so I commend him on that. The most important part is that the roof no longer leaks! We were lucky in that he finished right before some more rain came. After two rains, no leaks. Now, that's a small sample and I'm hoping that this lasts for 10 years. But I didn't want to wait that long to write this review. I highly recommend Jim. He may not have the most reviews on Angie's List, but that is likely because he spends his time doing the job rather than advertising.

Description of Work
Apply new torch down roof on top of garage, under an existing deck (after its removal).

04/18/2011

Eileen T.

Very good! Very personable!

Description of Work
Repaired my roof, replaced my exhaust attick fan with a solar powered fan.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

Parks Roofing & Painting, Inc.

Being a Roofing and Painting contractor in Santa Monica, we are committed to not just meeting, but exceeding the expectations of our clients. We service all roof types, including repairs, new installations, roof coatings, as well as full service interior and exterior painting. It is important to be able to work together as a team to ensure that you get the quality of work that you want, need and deserve. Our goal is to help make that happen for you. We offer a variety of important roofing and painting services all while using only the best materials to get the job done. You get the finest in craftsmanship, customer care, products and even pricing. Over four decades and three generations of hands-on, industry related experience means that you get the best quality in workmanship and results. Quality should always matter when it comes to your home. This is especially true when it comes to your roofing. The bottom line is that you need to be able to rely on an exceptional service provider for your roofing and painting needs. There is no reason to settle for anything less than the best. Please the expert, George Parks for all your Roofing & Painting related needs!

Offers Coupon

Squeegee Clean Home Detailing

We offer the highest level of detailed window cleaning (inside and out), gutter cleaning, and pressure washing. We are a family-owned company that to date has had 100% satisfied customer satisfaction. We have been in business for over 2 years and are expanding into new territories over the summer!

Home 2 Renovate, Inc.

Home 2 Renovate, Inc. has been a family and friend owned and operated home improvement company since 1992 and is licensed, bonded and insured. We specialize in all types of roofing, exterior paint/stucco/coatings/sidings, windows & doors, whole house insulation, patio covers/sunrooms and gutters. We are a Better Business Bureau accredited company with a A+ rating, a League of California Homeowners member, National Association of the Remodeling Industry member. We are top rated on Better Business Bureau, HomeAdvisor, Angi, Thumbtack, Networx, Houzz, Modernize, Google and we are ranked as one of the Top 500 contractors in the nation with Qualified Remodeler Magazine. We believe that communication is the cornerstone of a good homeowner/contractor relationship. Call today and schedule a free quote good for a year with a product specialist.

Offers Coupon

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Jim's Roofing Service, Inc.

How is Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. overall rated?

Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. open?

Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. provide

Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Jim's Roofing Service, Inc.?

Yes, Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offer?

Jim's Roofing Service, Inc. offers the following services: Here at Jim's roof repairs we offer a wide variety of services starting at roof cleaning and all the way up to complete re-roof. We believe that it is not always necessary for complete re-roof, there are products and services that we offer that will often save the life of the roof so we can save you money and still offer a warranty. We offer a yearly maintenance so you can get the most out of your roof.