C R Appliance Repair

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2019

California Republic Appliance Repair is a company founded by experienced appliance repair technicians. Our service center strives to provide courteous and professional customer assistance. Our well trained and knowledgeable technicians stay updated on new appliance and manufacturer developments. We

4.2

appliance repair (31)small appliance repair (4)

01/19/2023

Gary T.

Was satisfied with repairs performed on washer. Was dissatisfied with the unavailability of parts when told there was no problem getting them and the lack of communication in letting me know what was going on.

Description of Work
washer repair

Work Completed On 01/19/2023

12/02/2022

Shirley A.

I am still working with them, the oven I bought has not arrived, but the gentleman who came out from CR evaluated and measured an assured me the new oven would fit. He was very helpful

Description of Work
Oven installation

Work Completed On 12/03/2022

12/02/2022

Scott F.

Highly Recommend this company, they were very efficient, with repair, updates on finding the parts needed to properly attach my stove hood to outside vent pipe.

Description of Work
Hood installation

Work Completed On 12/03/2022

10/24/2022

Pat B.

Excellent and timely service. They kept their appointments l, were very courteous, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
repair older washing machine

Work Completed On 10/24/2022

09/10/2022

Melissa C.

Roman came on time within the time frame that was quoted to us. He was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. He fixed the problem with our oven with the part he had with him. Thank you!

Description of Work
Great work- friendly tech!

Work Completed On 09/10/2022

08/30/2022

Peter A.

They were very communicative and worked quickly

Description of Work
fix range and refrigerator

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

05/16/2022

Oscar P.

They did a diagnostic check and recommended a purchase a new one. I agreed to pay for the new unit and installation. Tech said he will go and come back with the replacement. Unfortunately he came back with a refurbished unit in a plastic bag. I called mgmt and spoke with Abel. He was upset that I questioned the fact I was receiving something not in the manufactured box. I ask about the warranty, Abel said 3 months. But manufacturing warranties come with at least 1 year. I was very skeptical of the service I was being provided. So Abel called me paranoid and that was the end of our business transaction. I had to pay $75 for the diagnostic. I don’t recommend this business and advise mgmt for public relations training.

Description of Work
Replace garbage disposal

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

04/27/2022

Vonyetta C.

Gentlemen showed up to figure it out the problem, Eugene don't have the parts and need to order, we ask them how long it will take and agree to wait 800 dollars. He left us nothing behind the gentlemen left. Everything that the technician told us was a lie, e emailed us the other things that the other contractor never told us.

Description of Work
Repair my oven.

Work Completed On 04/25/2022

Its unfortunate that this person goes to all lengths to lie and manipulate a company just to get a free diagnostic and/or repair. We wish there were mechanisms in place to prevent baseless comments/reviews like this one as we would be happy to refute this case with actual evidence and not just words. Angies is a place were people and service providers find solutions and we will always be for that.

09/30/2021

Don L.

Alex was professional and efficient. The cost was spelled out before any repairs were made. The price was right so I said fine. 20 minutes later my burner was working again. I would recommend calling CR Appliance Repair for any appliance repairs.

Description of Work
Stove repair

Cost $198.69

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

09/24/2021

Henry C.

Punctual and professional. A great company that knows what they are doing.

Description of Work
Appliance installation

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

02/16/2021

Gregory W.

C R Appliance was the 2nd company I hired to look at my fridge. The first company came and diagnosed that I needed a new condenser. Their price to change the condenser seemed high so I asked C R Appliance to quote me a price. Their price was half of the 1st company's price so I accepted. When the tech came, he found that my condenser was not the problem and that the board controlling the condenser had burnt out. He said that if I had changed the condenser I would've still had a broken refrigerator and I would've had to further pay for a new board. He also said that my condenser was very high quality and that a new condenser would've probably been of lower quality. I would highly recommend C R Appliance based on my experience with them.

Description of Work
Initially asked for condenser repair, but tech found condenser was ok and another part needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

12/30/2020

david F.

Total Crock! I am disappointed in both this repair - but *ALSO* Angies List. I assumed that this kind of BS would not happen on Angies List - which in the case of my repair today was no better than Craigs List! Both "C R Appliance" and Angies List are complete total *SHAMS & SCAMS* - nothing more. Or I guess at the very least: There may be good contractors here on Angies List but its not required - and simply using Angies List does not protect you any more than Craigs List does. Super disappointing - back to starting over again.

Description of Work
Washer/Dryer Troubleshooting & Repair

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

10/06/2020

Noelle G.

Friendly and efficient service from this company. He diagnosed and repaired the problem in about half an hour with a smile under his mask. Very much appreciated

Description of Work
G.E. Freezer was leaking and needed repair

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

09/15/2020

Raul P.

I had previously had a different local appliance repair company come out and theylooked at ge cafe fridge and said not worth repairing. I took a chance with C R. They are much more tech savvy. They got freezer going but not the fridge. They came out again and replace another part (3 parts in total. 2 were like motherboards and the third was a fan). Everything works now. Saved me a couple of thousand from what I paid C R vs new fridge. I would recommend! Abel is the one who assigned the tech. (Mike I think). They were very professional.

Description of Work
Refrigerator and freezer

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

08/07/2020

vicky L.

it went fine! took a lil while for the part come in due to miscommunication and COVID delay But Overall good job Thanks for Angies List!

Description of Work
replace drain pump in washer

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

06/22/2020

Patrick F.

This was by far the best experience we have had with an appliance repair company. The technician who visited our house was extremely knowledgeable, fast, and service oriented. Instead of having to order a whole new motherboard for our dishwasher, he went through the process of diagnosing the root cause and ended up replacing the fuse. He also analyzed whether there were any underlying causes that resulted in the fuse breaking. I could not recommend CR Applicance highly enough.

Description of Work
Repair of dishwasher

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/11/2020

Katherine I.

I sent a request via Angies List message and got a phone call in MINUTES, setting up a diagnostic call the same day! The arrival window was 1-4 pm; I got a text at 4 pm saying he was on his way; he arrived at 4:40 pm. Eugene (the owner!) arrived wearing a mask (COVID precautions) and quickly assessed the problem. The part came in the next week, they called in the morning and Eugene installed it in the afternoon. I could not be happier with the service.

Description of Work
Refrigerator door repair on a side-by-side refrigerator

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

05/28/2020

Mara Z.

Fantastic. From the first call in response to my request for information to the prompt scheduling of service to the kind and efficient repairs done by Eugene, I could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Replace faulty parts in our freezer.

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

05/20/2020

Robert H.

In terms of diagnosis and repair, CR was fine. In a short timeframe, the tech told my wife that it would cost $300 to put in all-new knob assembly or he could just disengage grill since we never use it. My wife agreed to the latter. Normally I handle these things, but I was on a conf call. When I got off, I found out that he charged here $120, which is $45 above the minimum for a 15-minute job with no parts. The main reason for my low rating is that, when I called to complain, the person who called me back did not politely explain why the $45 premium was justified. What he said was that it was "too late" to give me a refund because my wife had approved the repair. The inference was pretty clear that I I had been there and challenged the fee, it would have been lower. I think $75 for that job was more than enough. When I said that, he gave me so much attitude that I said this was not a productive conversation and hung up. He was basically lecturing/yelling at me without once attempting to justify the fee as reasonable--just too late to fix. I regularly use Angie's List Certified services, so I am very disappointed. I believe that a woman who knows nothing about reasonable repair was taken advantage of, especially since they never tried to defend the fee for a fast as simple wire disengagement. This has frankly made me concerned about your certification process, so that I would appreciate a follow-up from Angie's List. I suspect the person I spoke to (he is the owner or a longstanding employee--said he had been doing this for 17 years) will blame me, so please look back in my history and see that I have used you often and never before had a single complaint.

Description of Work
Electric grill in center of gas stovetop turning on by itself.

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

We are sorry you feel this way [Member Name Removed]. From our understanding the technician walked in to fix a problem and when he left there was no longer a problem. That constitutes a repair which has a cost and that cost was approved before collection. But.. Feel free to contact us at 888-418-8575 if there is still a way we can make amends. We would be more than glad to re-visit this and meet your expectations!

02/13/2020

Ash P.

When they came out, they looked at the dishwasher, gave us the estimate then said we needed to pay them $75 for the estimate. They never said there was fee when we spoke over the phone. When I followed up about why there was a fee, they said I should have asked about the fee. I feel that they were deceptive.

Description of Work
Looked at dishwasher.

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

02/07/2020

Nancy K.

Professional, accommodating to schedule, friendly

Description of Work
My refrigerator and freezer temperatures keep rising

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

01/28/2020

Theresa I.

Responded to me quickly. Were ontime and on budget. Would call again.

Description of Work
Water filter fridge