Skyline Energy Savers Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2011

Located In

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

Skyline Energy Savers Inc, a family business owned by Mort and Catrina Martin, was first established in 1988. Our goal is to help home owners improve the comfort and beauty of their homes, and at the same time save on their energy bills. We believe in doing everything we can to lower our utility

03/21/2021

Steven .

Great service

Description of Work
Solar panels

Category solar panels

Thanks for the 5 star review. We really appreciate the business!

10/11/2017

Doug M.

The installation went very well, completing the job quicker than they stated. We were operational within about 3 weeks of signing up. Great crew that performed the work! We will definitely be referring SKYLINE ENERGY SAVERS.

Description of Work
Solar PV System installed.

Category solar panels

We appreciate your good review.

05/05/2017

Steve D.

A highly professional company that rapidly attended to my call. I'd gotten three different recommendations from a friend, a neighbor and even a stranger who'd used Skyline before. Their general opinion was rather glowing about the company, the installation and the follow-up service. This is truly a top rated standout organization.

Description of Work
new furnace install

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

Thanks for the good review.

11/28/2016

Sandra B.

The workers were very professional and did the work in a timely manner. I am extremely pleased with Skyline.

Description of Work
The installed solar panels on my roof.

Category solar panels

Thanks for the review. We appreciate the work.

09/26/2016

Greg H.

Skyline Savers was terrific. I was really impressed with how quickly and efficiently they were able to get the job done. I met with them on a Saturday to scope out the job, and they were here to install the next week. They installed the full (large) system in 1.5 days, and were very good about the follow-up steps to get the system interconnected into our local utility provider. They only broke 2 tiles on my roof (which, compared to others I've heard about is VERY low) and replaced them very quickly. Overall I was very impressed with the efficiency and quality of the solar panel installation. I was up and running by the end of the week, including being able to check my solar output on a mobile app. Very impressive company.

Description of Work
Installed a solar panel system, converters, and interconnected to my electric panel. Also installed a tankless water heater as part of the project.

Category solar panels

Thanks for the good review. We really appreciate it.

09/17/2016

Robert B.

When I told him I changed company's he still had the nerve to charge me $1500 for drawings and plan filing fees!

Description of Work
Did not follow threw with agreement! Would be Done in thirty days, took almost 60 days to draw up and submit plans.

Category solar panels

With any contract in California, the customer has a 3-day right of rescission. After the 3 days, Mort, the owner, met with them to do a presite. Everything was fine with them, so we drew up the plans, paid for the engineering, bought the building permit, and even paid a part commission to the sales representative. The job was a complicated, ground mount, which was going along fine. Mort kept the customer informed all along the way, as to what was happening. Then 3 days before we were to install the job, [Member Name Removed]called and cancelled. Mort explained the expenses we had already accumlated and asked if he would help us out with that. The $1500 didn't even cover all of our expenses, let alone the time we all put into the job.

09/17/2016

Betsy S.

We interviewed several solar installers over a two year period. We have a low slope single ply seamless cool roof membrane that I didn't want to have any roof fastening penetrations. Mort and Skyline Energy Systems was the only company that found a ballasted roof mount system that required no penetrations of the membrane. We did structural calculations to ensure that the framing system would support the new load of the solar system. Once the system was permitted and approved by the City of Citrus Heights it was installed in just a few days and fully operational. Mort and Skyline Energy Systems helped us get our federal rebates, SMUD rebates and with the savings we went on a Caribbean Cruise, a concession to my wife for adding the new solar system to our home. Our monthly bill since going live has been zero due. We have been making minimum payments each month to avoid a larger surcharge at the end of each year. I estimate we have been saving between $200-$300 per month during that time. Skyline also assisted with financing for one year with no interest and no payments that converted to the GreenSky finance program that is paid thru our property tax bill for a period of ten years. The great thing about that is the principle and interest are tax deductible as part of our annual property taxes. This results in a further tax savings each year. I was also able to convince Mort to install our system on the north side of our roof as it is a low slope roof and by angling the supports we still had good exposure to the southern sky. My reasoning for this is that my main electrical panel is located on the north of our home. This meant that the home run to the panel was very short resulting in little or no voltage drop in the run to the main panel. The panels are mostly located over the garages and avoid being over occupied living space should there be a problem in the future. We also have a great place with a eave overhang off the possible future instillation of a battery back up system to store excess daytime generated power for night and evening use. It is also adjacent to our garage which could support a nighttime charging system for an electric powered car if that is what we chose to do so as the technology becomes cost effective. As an Architect I was pleased that Skyline really listened to our concerns for our unique roofing system and was willing to work with us to make our solar power system an integral part of our ongoing energy improvement process for our home of over 40 years. Thanks Mort and Skyline Energy Systems!!!

Description of Work
New solar system on our home.

Category solar panels

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the good review.

09/16/2016

Bruce S.

They installed several new electrical panels and 20 panels on the roof the installation went very well. The system has run perfectly for 2 years now. I spend less then $1100 per year on all of my electricity. Thanks Skyline

Description of Work
Install complete Solar panel system with 20 panels.

Category solar panels

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. We really appreciate the work.

09/16/2016

Alan K.

Provider followed up and made sure that performance metrics were achieved as outlined during the sales presentation by the owner himself. Very impressed with his follow up and commitment made to me.

Description of Work
Timely and good service. Follow up service and performance promises made even after 2 years. I have saved money on electric bills as outline.

04/30/2015

Glenn H.

Description of Work
Installed a 200 amp main box an installed 13 panels solar.

02/18/2015

Bryan L.

I met with the sales representative in my home one evening who was very nice. Informative, but very direct, and it was obvious she had a certain "sell" that she had rehearsed/pitched before. When questions were asked in detail, she could not answer them. Despite my better wisdom, the deal seemed good so I decided to proceed. When meeting with the head of the company he *also* had few details other than on the financing info. When it was decided to discuss with my band other financing options, my wife and I received a *CREDIT CARD* from one of his financing offers. Buyer beware--VERY pushy sales people (with limited knowledge), few handouts or other items. Company supposedly in business since 1984 but few if any reviews. BE CAUTIOUS.

Description of Work
Solar panel installation estimate.

Category solar panels

We did not do any work for [Member Name]. He said he had anxiety about going ahead with the solar system and that he would be happy if we just canceled the contract. I met with him, as the owner of the company, 3 times and arranged, at his request, to see another of our solar installations and talk with the customer who was very happy. We have lots of happy customers. We just don't know what to do about him.

RCI Solar Electrical

RCI Solar Electric is an Electrical Contractor with over 15 years experience. We provide Installation and Repair for all Solar Electric systems.

River City Water Heaters and Plumbing

River City Water Heaters is run by two longtime friends that go way back. Starting off as plumbers, they then found an interest in working with water heaters. Now, they offer 24 hour emergency water heaters for the people in and around Sacramento because they know what it’s like to have something go wrong in the middle of the night and not know who to call. Thankfully, River City Water Heaters & Plumbing will come to the rescue.

Bell Brothers Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

“Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating and Air was founding in 1991 in Elk Grove, CA by brothers Kenny & Jerry Bell. After almost 30 years in the business, Bell Brothers has expanded to not only specialize in heating and air services, but windows installation, plumbing, sewer, duct work replacement and insulation. With more than $5,000,000 in Home Energy Upgrade rebates earned for their customers, Bell Brothers has established themselves a leader in California’s Home Energy Upgrade Program for utility companies SMUD and PG&E. Today there are over 160 trucks on the road and over 200 employees daily serving the greater Sacramento area and parts of seven surrounding counties. It comes to no surprise that Bell Brothers delivers 365 Days of Satisfaction to all their customers by providing the highest install standards, the best trained technicians and year-round service. Bell Brothers guarantees that you’ll love your service or your money back, that’s what makes them the “No Surprise Guys!”

2022 Super Service Award