Tips and tricks for finding an exterior house painter
Doing some research before you hire a painter can minimize the risk of problems during the project. Walk through the following steps to evaluate exterior paint services before you receive a quote:
- Browse reviews. Read as many reviews as you can to understand the work history the contractor has. Search for patterns. Just one bad review among plenty of great ones does not mean an exterior house paint business won’t do a great job for you. That said, a trend of poor reviews citing customer service failures or poor quality of the final results of the work is a red flag.
- Look at business social media profiles and websites, if they’re available. Visit the painting company’s website if they have one. Search for images of previous work, data about the kinds of painting jobs they do, and details about any warranties.
- Request a consultation. Never agree to services with just a quote from someone who hasn’t seen your home. Plus, during a consultation, a skilled exterior house painter may provide feedback about color and product options to support the best results possible.
- Request references. Have a conversation with the paint professional’s former customers if possible. Find out about their satisfaction with the work completed for them and what they felt about the customer experience they had.
- Check for insurance and any licenses required. Try not to hire a professional who can’t prove insurance coverage. Painting contractors in your state may not need licenses. Check with your state to understand whether there are licensing requirements, and then hire with contractors who adhere to them.
Does doing the work yourself help you save cash?
When you paint your home’s exterior as a DIY project, then you are out the money for only the supplies and paint. On average, it can cost as much as $1,000. That figure is greater if you have to rent or buy scaffolding or additional equipment.
You must also consider the time it takes to paint. If you miss work to complete the project, you likely lose income, reducing the savings. Additionally, if you don’t have experience painting, you might not like the result.
Before suiting up in painting gear and grabbing that roller brush, get quotes from residential painting services in Siloam Springs.