B & R Construction Maintenance

Oneonta, AL 35121

have 6 worker 3 vans 1truck been in business 17 teen years

10/03/2012

Patricia B.

They did a great job, I was very happy.

Description of Work
My air conditioning quit working, and they came out to fix it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/01/2012

Ben M.

B&R Construction has been an unending nightmare for the last year. After my roof was severely damaged in a tornado, I hired Walter Hunt to put up some temporary patches. To his credit, I believe this step went OK, which was why I hired him to replace the entire roof. That was when the descent into madness began. Mr. Hunt had only himself and one helper to work on the roof, so a job that should have taken one day with a professional company took three or four days, including time that they worked after dark (bad idea). When the job was "finished", there were crooked and slanted lines in the shingles all over the roof, and half of the front side had the wrong color shingles. My roof looked like a kindergarten art project. Mr. Hunt did come back and replace the mis-colored shingles at no cost to me, and being the naive young homeowner I was, I tried to convince myself the rest of the mistakes on the roof were acceptable so I could move on. Some months later I had a roof inspection done by a real roofer, and he informed me that my roof was completely unacceptable by the manufacturer's guidelines. To make a long story short, I took Mr. Hunt to arbitration with the Better Business Bureau, and was awarded a full refund of the money I paid him for the shingling job. He has refused to pay the award, however, so this matter is now headed to the courts. The behavior I observed in Mr. Hunt is just bizarre. One day during the construction I came home to find a trailer chained to the handle of my front door so I couldn't get in. While showing Mr. Hunt some lines on my roof that were visibly slanted, he looked at me and said with a straight face, "them are straight!" And don't ever bring a complaint to Mr. Hunt that he doesn't show up when he says he will or won't return your calls, or he will seriously tell you how dumb you are for expecting him to be punctual. Mr. Hunt is also a bald-faced liar. My original contract with him was for a complete tear-off of the old roof, but the inspection afterwards found multiple layers of shingles on the gables on the front of my house. During the BBB arbitration hearing, Mr. Hunt swore that there was only one layer of roofing there. But when I recently had the roof replaced again (by a good company), I watched as two layers of roofing were indeed torn off the gables. So either he was lying, or just can't keep track of who all he has cheated. If there is any justice in this world, B&R Construction will go out of business, and Walter Hunt will never be allowed touch anyone's house again.

Description of Work
Temporary patches on roof after storm damage, followed by complete tear-off and installation of new roof shingles. Also included decking repair and electric vent installation.

Category remodeling, roofing

i been doing this for 17 teen years u cant make ever one happy this is my first and only complaint i told Member i would pay 500. a month untill 3100. was pay off he not call me or the bbb and no email

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing, Inc.

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing is a foundation waterproofing contractor. Aqua-Guard specializes in repairing wet or damp basements and crawlspaces. We install the Aqua-Guard Basement Waterproofing System and the Aqua-Guard Crawlspace System, both of which, carry our Life of the Structure Warranty. Aqua-Guard also specializes in crawlspace encapsulation which creates a healthy home environment. The Aqua-Guard Closed Crawlspace System eliminates musty odors, improves air quality, takes away the ability for mold and mildew to grow, and insulates the crawlspace, therefore, making the home more energy efficient.

A1 Services Only, LLC

A1 Services Only, LLC Offers a variety of services, Commercial, Residential cleaning, Commercial, Residential Exterior/Interior Painting, Lawn Care and Towing/Hauling. We specialize in our customers need. Our staff is professional and family oriented, with quality work. We've been in business for 2 years and have over 15 years' experience in the services we provide. *Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day*

H2O Waterproofing

H2O Waterproofing are the experts on foundation repair and it's precise nature for homes with foundation issues. Structural integrity is a very important part of your home, and when these areas are threatened you need to act fast. Look no further for H2O Waterproofing has all of the solutions for your foundation problems. We have a team of certified technicians trained in the science and art of repairing and improving structures to prolong the life of your foundation. Our foundation systems are state-of-the-art and built to last. Most of these systems are adjustable for case in which your particular soil shifts often. We believe in accommodation for unexpected events and are willing to work with you for your house foundation repair needs.

Offers by H2O Waterproofing on Angi
    Check, Financing Available

we do most ever thank we will even take out your trash to the road or hall it off

no cooking or baby sating