Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Deatsville, AL
There are 0 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Deatsville
- Northern Custom ConstructionTim and his crew were easygoing, punctual, and professional. He showed up everyday that was directed in our contract and completed the work as promised. He proved to be competent in his work and able to manage his team according to the project at hand.
- Northern Custom ConstructionPoorly. When we first met with Tim he gave us ever confidence he had the experience and the capacity to get the work done well and done on time (he estimated 6 weeks). His reviews on Home Advisor were good and the work we were assigning was comparable to the projects reviewed. However, after a few weeks we found that he rarely arrived at the job site when promised, that most all of the work he assigned to sub contractors who had no experience doing the work (they actually told us in most instances "this is our first time"). On the positive front, he did not charge us for any services that he had not rendered, However he also never showed up. So the projects dragged on for nearly 4 months. In the end, we cut the project list back and cut our losses. We did all of the remaining work ourselves which included light electrical, additional light construction and additional painting. He lost work because of his inability to project manage effectively
- T & A Handyman ServicesDO NOT HIRE HIM!!! I HIRED THOMAS TO REMODEL MY HOUSE HE LIED AND SAID THAT HE WAS A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN WHICH HE IS NOT.... HE LEFT UNCOVERED ELECTRICAL JUNCTIONS IN MY ATTIC AND WALL WHICH CAUSE OUTLETS TO BURN.....HE INSTALLED CERAMIC TILE ON MY FLOOR IN LESS THAN A MONTH THEY CRACKED...HE REFINISHED MY TUB AND SAID THAT IT WOULD LAST 5 YEARS IT LASTED 3 MONTH... ALSO HE INSTALLED A NEW VENTILATION SYSTEM FOR MY STOVE BUT HE DID NOT CONNECT THE PIPE TO THE PIPE IN THE ATTIC....SO EVERY TIME I COOK THE HEAT IS TRAPPED IN THE ATTIC WHICH IS A FIRE HAZARD.. HE ALSO LEFT A HOT 220 PLUG IN STORAGE ROOM HANGING OUT THE WALL WITHOUT COVERING IT...HE STARTED THE PROJECT IN FEB OF 2010 HE SAID THAT IT WOULD ONLY TAKE 2 MONTHS IT TOOK 6 MONTHS...AND EVERY DAY HE ADDED ON ADDITIONAL FEES. I HIRED HIM BECAUSE HE HAD GOOD REVIEWS ON ANGIE LIST AND THEY SAID THAT HE WAS LICENSED...HE IS NOT...I STARTED TO HAVE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS SO I CALLED SOMEONE AND THEY DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM.. I CONTACT THOMAS AND EXPLAINED TO HIM ALL THE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS AND HE SAID THAT HE WOULD COME OVER AND TALK TO ME AND PAY THE BILL....HE BROUGHT 200 THE TOTAL BILL WAS 1000 HE SAID THAT HE WAS BROKE AND THAT HE WOULD BRING 100 ON FRIDAY HE NEVER SHOWED....SO I FILED A SMALL CLAIMS SUIT AGAINST HIM AND FOUND OUT THAT HE BURNED DOWN ANOTHER WOMAN WALL AND HE WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE DOING ANY KIND OF ELECTRICAL WORK. HE IS REALLY HARD TO WORK WITH ALSO HE HAS AN ATTITUDE... IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE ON THE PHONE WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME IF HE WAS THERE.... DO NOT HIRE HI
Bathtub Refinishers in Deatsville
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
- Business Description:Faux Finishes for the Home, Office & Air BnB spaces. Most popular are "Sky Ceilings", Faux Marble & Venetian Plaster. Save thousands on Kitchen counter-tops & cabinets. Fix an ugly shower floor without the cost (& headache) of having to replace it, with our Hand-Painted Shower Basins/Bathtubs. We use a copyrighted technique of tinting liquid rubber to provide a lifetime of protection from mold or mildew. It also makes it slip-proof! Design a personalized Mural for your children's room. Repair..
- Business Description:We finance and will work with you to get you what you need. We will sub-contract if it is needed to ensure your satisfaction.
- Business Description:ROOFING AND GENERAL REMODELINGRecent Review:It has been 8 months and I have had zero problems.Jim H.
- Business Description:A Family Plumber that will make sure you are taken care of from begining to end and who's phone will always be answered no matter the time of the day and to be known as the home of no service call with repair at same visitRecent Review:I would not use them ever again. I was very upset with them. They didn’t repair the hole; instead they cut a bigger hole. Then we had other problems, they said that my shower grip panel was leaking and it wasn’t. When I found out that the shower panel wasn’t leaving we closed up everything and had our handymen paint them and everythingMark and Rachel H.
- Business Description:Large Scale Remodeling Projects. Total Room & Home RenovationsRecent Review:Not so good, but the good I can say is Tim and his staff were very friendly and nice. I called on a Thursday and to my surprise they were able to get me in that Saturday first thing in the morning. Yippee! Well maybe not; they ended up getting held up on a job and stated they wont be there til Monday. Ok that's understandable! Monday came, I took the day off work so I can make sure my vision was projected as clearly as possible (even provided pictures). Tim showed up sometime after 10a.m. stating that his other workers went on to picked up lunch so they can just have everything they needed to work thru the day and get the job done. No other workers ever showed up that day at all, but I was impressed with how much he was able to get done all by himself and the way things were starting to look. The end of the day came he left for the day and it was told to me we would resume tomorrow. Ok! Tomorrow came I called and texted, and texted and called. I didn't get a response until around 4 p.m. and it was thru text saying they were working at another job but are still coming to finish up today. Ok again! After a couple of hours had passed I expressed my concerns about how I was beginning to feel my leg was being pulled. Never got any kind of response until the next morning from Tim (again a text) stating they got held up until late, but for sure they would be by this morning (Which is now Wednesday) to finish up. They came (when I say they it was two young men while Tim was working at another job) and finished up the remaining. I expressed my concerns as they were still working about how I disliked the grout color and how I thought the tile color was suppose to pop out once it was sealed. I was told "no worries it wont look like this once everything sets and have time to dry". Well sad to say it did and still does look like it did. The last I saw of Tim was that Friday afternoon and it was to discuss what happened and why it doesn't look like the pictures I sent or what we discussed. First he tried to say the tile in the pictures weren't the same as the tile I had provided. Which turned out not to be true after all. I provided screen shots from the installer that did the tile used in the pictures stating the name and type of tile that was used as well as a statement from the tile store saying I had that exact. Then he said its because you need an enhancer sealer and u didn't ask for that. No, I didn't ask for an enhancer sealer verbatim , but I wet the tile with water (like they showed me at the tile store) and showed him this was the look I was going for in the very beginning so it should have been common sense that's what I needed to have in order to get the look I wanted. The bigger dilemma was he stated he had already sealed it and the enhancer might not work as its suppose to, but either way he will need to comeback and clean up and try to apply the enhanced sealer. Since then I visited with the tile shop where I bought the tile and met with other tile specialist and they all stated the same: 1, the wrong color grout was used and that he should have went with more of the light beige color. 2, he should have first wiped down the tiles after they were put with light soapy water to clean all the residue off. 3, he should have used an enhancer sealer (especially if you had wet the tile and showed him that's the look you were going for). Overall the tile designs and boarders was laid nicely its just the finished product wasn't. I recently had contact with Tim (thru text) and he mentioned he is still planning on coming out to fix it, but no date or time was givenLaVeonne J.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - C & C Enterprises, LLC.Recent Review:I SCHEDULED WORK EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT PRICE WAS HIGH. WORK WAS DONE IN ONE DAY. AFTER THE WORKER LEFT I NOTICED SEVERAL THINGS THAT WERE NOT DONE CORRECTLY SUCH AS THE CONTROL VALVE AND THE SHOWER HEAD WERE INSTALLED AT AN ANGLE WERE THE COVER PLATES WOULD NOT FIT FLUSH AGAINST THE WALL ALLOWING WATER TO ENTER THE WALL AREA. THE AREA AROUND THE TUB HAD SEVERAL PLACES THAT HAD NOT BEEN SEALED PROPERLY. I CALLED TERRY AND REPORTED THE PROBLEMS. HE CAME OUT AND SAID THEY WOULD CORRECT THESE PROBLEMS. HE TOOK PICTURES OF EVERY PROBLEM AND TOLD ME HE WOULD SEND ME AN EMAIL ENTAILING EVERYTHING THEY WOULD CORRECT SO THERE WOULD BE NO MISS UNDERSTANDING. HE NEVER SENT ME THAT EMAIL. IT TOOK SEVERAL WEEKS FOR THEM TO GET MATERIAL IN TO FIX PROBLEMS. WHEN THE WORKER CAME HE HAD NOT SEEN ANY OF THE PICTURES TAKEN BY TERRY SO I HAD TO SHOW HIM WHAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED. HE CORRECTED THE PROBLEM WITH THE CONTROL VALVE AND THE SHOWER HEAD, BUT ONLY SEALED ONE OF FOUR PLACES WHERE IT WAS NOT PROPERLY SEALED. I GUESS HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO LOOK ALL AROUND THE TUB EVEN THOUGH TERRY HAD TAKEN PICTURES OF EVERY PLACE THAT NEEDED SEALING. <br /Robert S.
- Business Description:We do Residential as well as commercial work. We offer excellent customer service and have experienced employees who have been extensively trained using our quality products.Recent Review:Wonderful expeirienceMickey P.
- Business Description:An established and professional bathtub, whirlpool, sauna and shower repair company. over 20 years of knowledge, and education in fiberglass, mechanical, and electronical diagnosis and repair techniques. Also a 30 year background in working with customers, manufacutres, trade professionals, and the general public
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Hope Hull
- Pike Road
bathtub refinishers in Deatsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- American Tubs
- Cornerstone Refinishing2123 MT MEIGS ROAD
- Cornerstone Refinishing
- D & J ConstructionP.O. Box 2230785
- D & J Construction
- Long Brother Roofing & Renovation3440 Valley Ave SW Ste L
- Long Brother Roofing & Renovation
- River Region Cleaning Services & Handyman
- River Region Cleaning Services & Handyman
- The Tub Guyz11521 redland rd
- The Tub Guyz