Whether you're daydreaming about a newly finished basement or a safer cellar, adding a separate entrance can transform the look and function of your home. Check out the average cost to install a basement entrance and what to expect from construction.
Get matched with top basement remodeling contractors in Wasilla, AK
There are 4 highly-rated local basement remodeling contractors.
Recent Basement Remodeling Reviews in Wasilla
- Jensen ConstructionDave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!
- H&K EnterpriseExtremely professional and attentive to our wishes. We went over budget for the things that we wanted, but they worked with us and we were able to get everything done with a very reasonable price. The work that was done was top quality, and on schedule. I have only good things to say. Very easy to work with and they made everything easy to understand
- Green City BuildersWe happened to see another house in the neighborhood that he'd worked on, liked what we saw, and liked what the owners told us about him. We are SO happy we took their advice. The house is now one of the best looking houses on the block, in large part because of Green City. For example, the home had no roof over the front porch--there was a piece of leaking plywood to keep the rain off those standing at the front door. Ben re-designed the roofline so we now have a lovely, appropriately covered front porch. He dealt with all the problems, foreseen and not, with professionalism and did the job RIGHT. Our house is now solid--people comment when they walk in how "tight" it seems, due to the new insulation, new roof, and new windows. He is incredibly honest. He is not cheap, but his prices are not unfair--he will do what you want within your budget.We had an extremely positive experience throughout. Even dealing with his crew was a pleasant experience, which is not always the case when remodeling. They were all incredibly professional, quiet, courteous, and friendly--I can honestly say we felt a little sad when the project was done because we knew we wouldn't get to see them anymore. I can't recommend them highly enough--you won't be sorry
- RESTORATION PAINTING & HOME IMPROVEMENT, INCquick reply, estimate was not lowest, but fair, showed up on schedule, all work done on time, on budget, over all was great, I will use them again
- Cubita FM LLCI am also going to hire them to install my windows but they haven't come in yet. He paid attention to detail and had really good customer service. He helped me with other things I wanted to have done. The price was excellent.
Basement Contractors in Wasilla
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573Recent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!MARK V.
- Business Description:Years of experience in all types of Remodeling projects has taught me not only how important EVERY project is down to the smallest details, but how important it is to truly listen to your individual needs. I specialize in turning your dream home into reality with top of line quality and craftsmanship. From the beginning to the end of your project, I’ll make sure that we have clear communication and stick to your budget. Whether you are looking to increase the value of your home with simple up..Recent Review:Great. Of course, like many remodels, it took a little longer as we discovered problems here and there. Brad was very accommodating to our needs and offered lots of advice on what would work and not work. We are very happy with our new kitchen.❣️ We would hire him again for other work we might need doneJeanne B.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Small family owned handyman services company with 42 years experience in all phases of residential and Commercial repairs. Custom deck builders. windows & door replacement . Call 688-0353 or 688-0348.for free estimate or visit our website at www.cliffordremodelingak.coRecent Review:We had 2 1/2 baths remodeled. Overall we are happy with how bathrooms turned out. Working with Ted and his son started off very well; but as job progressed there was a definite lack of communication and many misunderstandings. Ted is very much into following installation 'guidelines'; however they are just guidelines and every home is different and poses different challenges. In the end it seemed that we had to point out several little discrepancies with his work and it became very frustrating at times. He prides himself on being very neat and cleaning up after himself. We did not see that in our home. We have gone through interior remodels before in other homes we have owned; and we did not see a lot of 'common sense' when it came to working within the home and creating vapor barriers or even cleaning up areas where he was cutting tile/flooring. A lot of this could have been avoided if planned differently. Also, towards the end, felt like he was 'nickel and diming' costs. Charging costs of changes on us due to lack of communication as well as transporting costs (which he never mentioned). Again, this could have been avoided if communication would have been better. I am thinking Ted's experience would be better suited for outdoor projects like building a deck versus interior remodelingKelly W.
- Business Description:GP Construction is a locally owned and operated general contracting company. We have one goal when accepting a job, customer satisfaction.Recent Review:We moved into a home that had gone under a bathroom renovation just prior to the sale. After living in the home for around year we started noticing the drywall and baseboards next to the tub/shower starting to erode. The drywall was crumbling, the baseboards (made with MDF) started to swell, mold started showing up and the floor tile started showing signs of water damage. We contacted the contractor and the first person that inspected it said it was due to water leaking into the back of the tub surround and it would probably need to be replaced, as the damage would continue to get worse. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he was willing to do although he stated he would likely fix the issue as he wants to make his customers happy. We were offered the option of ordering a new tub surround, paid for out of our own pocket and we could pay them to reinstall it. We did not agree with this so the owner himself, Garrett came out to inspect the damage. He stated that the only reason we had these water damage issues was because our bathroom did not have a ventilation fan. It does have a window and the house is over 40 years old and has never had one. He stated all damage was due to this reason. We did not agree and hired a licensed plumber to assess the situation as we knew water had to be leaking into the wall from somewhere. It turns out the shower faucet and diverter were installed completely wrong, according to the manufacturers clear instructions. They were not set back in the wall as they were intended and stuck out 1 1/2 inches too far and the diverter did not sit flush with the shower surround. There was a significant gap on one side, large enough to put a screw driver tool into the gap. This was disguised with caulking. Not only should there not have been a reason to have caulking there, they also used incorrect caulking and it did not hold up, so water was slowly seeping in the crack and causing damage every time someone took a shower. Extremely disappointing to buy a home with a new renovated bathroom and have it deteriorate in just over a year. Obviously they did not use a licensed plumber to install the plumbing fixtures and have not offered to repair and replace all the damaged areas on their dime. If you hire this company, please be very aware of who is actually doing the work in your home, and don't expect them to come back and fix any errors they may makeHolly S.
- Business Description:Perfection Home Repair is a family-owned company in Wasilla, AK. Dedicated towards delivering high-quality results to all of your commercial and residential jobs. We work with you to make your house your Home.Recent Review:The deck foundation is great. The stairs to the deck are great. The decking boards are spaced so close together that they didn't drain. It's taken fall, winter, and summer for the boards to shrink enough to drain water. The bench seats are about 4" too high, as even a 6-foot man's toes barely touch the deck. The seats are not deep enough, as they cut you off at the knees when sitting and dangling your feet because of the height. The support boards are not faced for ease of snow shoveling. The bench backs are too high and not angled back enough for comfort. The 2x6 bench beams have split where they are screwed to the floor. Chad Staats said he would fix the seats last October (2018), and I waited on this review until he fixed the problem. It's now 8 months later (August 2019), Chad still is "too busy" to fit me in, and in fact doesn't even answer my emails, so I have to find a contractor that really knows what they are doing to fix this problem, at a considerable cost to me. Apparently, this was his first deck with benches. No, I would not hire Perfection Home Repairs, Chad Staats, again, unless he had evidence of previous experience in what I was hiring him forTeresa Z.
- Business Description:Remodel and repair experts for residential and commercial jobs. Our company was founded by life long carpenters. We employ highly skilled craftsmen, and following strict industry guidelines in the execution of any job we do. We are proactive problem solvers, that value our customers. No job to large, no job to small. At APEX Construction & Remodel "Quality Matters"Recent Review:We hired Jon’s company to sand and stain our deck in June 2017. Very long story short, we tried every way to get ahold of Jon to talk about the work that was done for a year and a half. The office manager would always say she will have him call, but we never received a call. The deck was done incorrectly and was never finished. It’s now green, rotting and will most likely have to be replaced. Not only was in raining that day but it had been raining for weeks prior. It clearly states on the 124 ounce can of Superdeck Transparent oil based Stain, to NOT apply “…if rain is likely to occur.” Now, here we are at the end of 2018, we finally get a call from Jon and he threatens us with lawsuits/liens/collections etc at Christmas time, after we have spent as much as we can afford on our 3 daughters for Christmas. He repeatedly tells us how busy his company is, which we don’t care because that has nothing to do with us. He says that his company is full of “professionals” but he was not willing to do anything to rectify my situation except gives us $100 off. Gee, thanks a lot, Jon. The following week, after an EXTREMELY rude phone call from Jon and his accountant Linda, who was yelling at me in the background, we paid him, so we never have to speak to him or his staff of “professionals” again. It is obvious that APEX is a poorly managed business at this point. Next summer we will be re-doing the work on our deck ourselves, correctly and professionally. We do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are into horrible customer service and enjoy being on a back burner. Also, just a side note, if I would have checked court view first, and read the reviews with a reoccurring theme, we WOULD NOT have hired him. That was my bad for not taking time to investigate who I was actually hiringSean N.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Three days and no communication. We spoke on the phone, I was told I would be receiving an email with scheduling information. Never did. I got this big spiel about how important the right contractor was and how you don't want someone to scam you, he (Lee?) talked my ear off for quite a while. Unfortunately, my messages are being ignored and there has been no communication. I took time out of my day because he let me know he would 'probably' drop by the home I am interested in for a bid but didn't do that either. Messaged asking him to let me know if he was no longer interested, still no answer. So - if something changes, I would be more than happy to change my review. As it is now, I am not a fan of the lip serviceVivien S.
- Business Description:We charge from $800.00 and up for design work. We charge from $800.00 and up for a scope feasibility study which is always credited at signing of contract. Robert Squires has over 30 years in the construction industry. We use subcontractors for all our jobs and all are licensed, bonded and insured. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist /Certified Remodeler/Certified Green BuilderRecent Review:Awful experience. Most unprofessional, untrustworthy business we’ve ever worked with. Showed up late, presented extremely limited design/construction options, extremely poor communication, required half of project cost up front, and finally made a huge mistake (intentionally placed wall in different location than planned) and refused to take any responsibility for it. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and compromise, but was actually yelled at, lied to, and patronized before we were forced to terminate. Waited months for an actual invoice, after calling/texting/emailing on a near weekly basis. Requested a refund for work not performed and damages caused, but was denied. Lost so much sleep over this...still flabbergasted at the complete lack of integrity and respect for their clientsErin H K.
- Business Description:We are a full service General Contractor- Commercial, Residential Our Team will help you with all phases of your construction needs! Best trades sub-contractors in the business.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement contractor articles
Adding a bathroom to your basement can be a difficult and costly process, but it can add convenience and boost your home value. Weigh the pros and cons of installing a bathroom in your finished basement.
Shaken or stirred, concoct your favorite cocktail at the most convenient spot in town—your basement bar. Transform this unfinished or finished space into a prime hosting spot with endless opportunities for customization and cost-saving solutions.
basement remodeling contractors in Wasilla
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & H BuildersPO Box 877833
- A-1jcpainting&drywall.inc1200 w Dimond blv #831
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- ADAMS CONSTRUCTION651 E CREEKSIDE DR
- Alaska Elite TrimPOB 1707
- ALASKA QUALITY BUILDERS9057 N LINDA LN
- AlasTek Contracting LLC4855 S surrey Rd
- Anchorage Property Solution9100 Elim St
- APEX Construction & RemodelPO Box 140523
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Arctic Energy Savers3915 Locarno Dr
- Ashner Construction, LLC13035 Algarin Circle
- A & H Builders
- C&S Services376 N. Chugach St Unit B
- C.D.F. Inc. General Contractors4235 Morphy Court P.O. Box 211586
- Carlos Inc. Insulation5405 East 4th Avenue
- Clifford Remodeling Inc.19517 Inlet View Drive
- Cruz Contracting, Inc.3419 Scarlet Pl
- Custom Comfort HomesPO Box 875798
- C&S Services
- Dan's Do-it-all1555 D St Ste 3
- David's Services1170 Golden Dawn Cir
- DECOR LIGHTING1601 Abbott Rd. 204
- Diamond Standard LLC452 S Knik Goose Bay Rd PMB267
- Done Rite2307 McRae rd
- Dunkin ServicesP.O. Box 520853
Big Lake, Alaska
- Dan's Do-it-all
- Equity Builder Home Improvement7133 Arctic Blvd # 8
- Equity Builder Home Improvement
- I Fix Alaska Houses2027 E 39th Ave
- I Fix Alaska Houses
- K and N Construction LLCpo box 3056
- K and N Construction LLC
- Lewis Construction11517 Old Glenn Hwy
Eagle River, Alaska
- Lewis Construction
- Rapid Response Services4031 Lore Rd Sp 5
- Re-Construct Restoration Services LLC965 W Wilder Ave #2
- Reeves construction3705 Arctic Blvd. 1874
- RESTORATION PAINTING & HOME IMPROVEMENT, INC1430 E 27th Ave
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rufus Construction, General Contractor10012 Nantucket Circle
- Rapid Response Services
- Security Support Services LLC8310 Dagan St
- Sibley Electrical Services9494 South Starlight Ln
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Squires Design & Remodeling LLC5401 Cordova Street 101,102
- sustainable building solutionsP.O. Box 222586
- Security Support Services LLC