Contractors play an essential role in lead paint safety, so homeowners should take the time to research and hire a pro with the proper certification. We outline how.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Raleigh, NC
There are 8 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Raleigh
- Carolina Restoration Services5-05-16, McGrath sends email to sign off on flooring change. I sent reply email asking about what change and go over flooring order I had discussed with previous project manager (PM). 5-09 thru 5-12-16, emails regarding flooring. McGrath says my flooring request was not in budget, and previous PM had sent email regarding this last year. I replied that previous PM should have called me to advise. Previous vendors approved budgeted items, including flooring. 5-13-16, McGrath sends email previous PM sent in December regarding flooring change. 5-18-16, McGrath called. 5-19-16, I return call. Advise new flooring request, ask if within budget He says he will call company for price and call me back. At this time, I have been ill, and unable to work or cope with Carolina Restoration. 5-29-16, I have not heard from McGrath. I send email asking about 5-19 call. He sends reply email saying he will honor initial flooring order at no additional cost to me. 5-30-16, I am unable to open front door at house. Key does not open back door. 5-31-16, I called locksmith to open front door. Door was painted shut. Work done was very shoddy. I have locksmith install better security locks. I had to scrape off paint around door frame and door so it would close. Unable to turn on AC because electrician still not through, switches in panel still had tape across so would not turn on. I decide that I must be there while any work is being done and McGrath can call to advise me of schedule. 6-01, McGrath calls saying crew unable to get in. I am at appointment and sent text to him saying I needed to change locks and will call later to explain. He wanted to have flooring crew, plumbing, and painters come at the same time. 6-02, I called/emailed McGrath of 5-30 and 5-31 events. He wanted to bring all crews back next day. I said no, only person that can come is electrician. I need AC on for painter to repair/finish work. Flooring crew cannot come till all work is complete. The cabinets were three different finishes. Installed too high off the countertop. Some of the cabinet doors did not open or close properly. Doors on either side of oven space are installed backwards. Sidewall countertop too short, doesn?t come to edge of countertop. All should be uniform. Cabinet should be lined up with edge of wall. Painting: Cracks and peeling paint in the kitchen and living room. Needs to be repainted with proper paint for kitchen, bath, and other rooms. Bathroom: Vanity was installed off center of the mirror. Vanity door does not open because installed improperly. Sewage hole in bathroom after commode removed should have been capped. Front door was not sanded and painted properly. He said, ?This is not a Cadillac job, nor was it at the beginning.? I told him that has nothing to do with it. Any type of job should be done properly. A disrespectful, insulting remark. I should have ended my involvement with the company that day. 6-03, Met with McGrath at house. Talked about shoddy work. He did not see anything wrong with cabinets. He did not believe front door was painted shut. He said he would call electrician today or on Monday. He mentioned cabinets were discontinued. 6-06, Spoke with cabinet specialist at Lowes in Rocky Mt. Nothing is discontinued as McGrath said. Once installed, have to deal with contractor only. 6-14-16, No word from McGrath about electrician. I decide I will not work with this company any longer. Sent email to John Rowe, Production Manager, want list of work that has been done and the cost. McGrath calls regarding email.I sent to Rowe. He said he was confused about the email. Said electrician may come next day and is waiting for Lowes representative to call about cabinets. After such dissatisfaction discussed on 6-2 and 6-3, he is not expedient getting electrician to house to complete work. 6-15-16, McGrath called. I sent email to Rowe and McGrath advising project is on hold. Need to see work/cost report. 6-15-16, Rowe sent email with attachments of initial and supplemental estimates only furnished to State Farm. States that work is 75% complete. Need only to install flooring and mechanical trim outs and work will be complete. Lowes is in process of scheduling representative to come look at cabinets. He also states, based on the level of completion, I will receive an invoice for a second draw in the amount of $20K to be paid upon receipt of invoice. He has no comment regarding all my concerns. I have copied him all emails to McGrath at the time I sent them. 6-15-16, Accounts Payable sends draw invoice for 20K payable upon receipt. They did not send requested work done and cost list. My consultant and I went over both estimates, and determined that only $11,385K worth of work has been done. They did not furnish the report I requested of work done and cost list." 6-20-16, Went to Planning Department in Rocky Mt. to speak with plumbing and electric Inspectors. Harry Threatt, plumbing Inspector said sheetrock goes up after trades complete their work. New plumbing company needs to get a permit. Initial plumbing company stopped work soon after work began. He said he will tell new plumber where to cut hole in ceiling in kitchen to make sure that pipes are insulated all the way to the end. He could only partially go into attic and could see insulation with flashlight, but could not see all the way to the end. He said insulation was an issue. He had told foreman a couple of visits ago to get the pipes insulated. Electrician Inspector, Wayne Lassiter, said work is inspected when complete. He has only approved rough in. He explained his process, and agreed that tradesmen complete work before sheetrock. 7-5-16, Rowe calls trying to schedule time to finish work. McGrath has attempted to also, he says. I haven?t heard from anyone since 6-15-16. 7-12-16, Rowe calls and sends email to coordinate schedule with McGrath to finish work. 7-13-16, McGrath sends email to contact him to schedule work and that permit is due to expire. He also called and left message regarding scheduling only
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Raleigh
- Business Description:Certified and Accredited Mold, Water, Fire, Wind, Sanitizing Restoration Company. We are ready to serve you in your time of need 24 hours a day 7 days a week. CRC is a complete remediation and restoration company, fully certified, licensed, and insured, ready for any project of any size. We pride ourselves on our core values and hold QUALITY/CUSTOMER SERVICE/TIMELINES at the for front of those values. Call today and allow our family to serve yoursRecent Review:Great company.. very responsive. Saw a few areas that needed more work to protect but also found areas where didn’t need something and that saved $$$ as well. Came to mutual decision and planning what would be best and supported decisions. Communicated throughout the processPaul S.
- Business Description:We are an asbestos inspection and abatement company. Please review our website: www.traccodrs.com Services: Asbestos Inspections Asbestos Abatement (removal) Lead and Mold Inspections/Remediation/Renovation Demolition Renovations - to include drywall and paintingRecent Review:They were very good to work and had a good communication. They did a good job in documentation.Taylor B.
- Business Description:Asbestos Removal, Lead Abatement, Mold Remediation and Demolition. What makes us different is our competitive pricing, we get jobs done in timely manner, strive for excellence and we are owner-operated. We have been in business since 2001, and now we are looking to expand through using this avenue. Hard workers, knowledgeable and honestRecent Review:EMR services assisted me in every way possible. Was planning a renovation in an old house before we moved in and had asbestos testing done through them. When the test came back positive a day before I was to start the renovation, they pulled an emergency permit and had the asbestos removed and 3rd party inspected by 3 p.m. the next day. I didn't lose a day of work. They were there for any questions, were incredibly thorough, sent pictures of the final products, and communicated clearly and effectively throughout the entire process. I would recommend EMR Services to anybody. They were wonderful to work withMatthew H.
- Business Description:Mold Inspection and Environmental TestingRecent Review:Reggie did an outstanding job! He was very thorough and explained everything he was doing. He told me when he found things that concerned him and why. I even found mold that I had not seen before. He not only did an outstanding job with the inspection and testing of the mold in my house, but told me ways I could remediate it without having to pay tens of thousands of dollars with a company coming in to do it. I would highly recommend Reggie to anyone suspicious of having mold in their houseDonna N.
- Business Description:FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE EMERGENCIES, CALL 919-EMERG-NC - EMERG+NC Property Rescuers® - Licensed, Certified and Consumer Preferred Insurance Claim Contracting Firm. Full Service / Turn Key Property Damage Restoration Business to Include Residential or Commercial Property Damage from Water, Flood, Mold, Fire, Smoke, Wind, Bio-hazards or ANY type of property damage. NC Licensed General Contractor. Emergency Property Damage Advice or Emergency Repair Services Needed NOW!? Call 919 EMERG-NC (363-7462)..Recent Review:We found water damage last October under our kitchen floor from a broken icemaker water line, We had a difficult time finding a contractor because everyone was in southeastern NC fixing flood damage from Hurricane Florence. Finally got Emerg-NC to come over and hired them to help us get the damage repaired. Josh and Fred were excellent in the assistance they provided us. Josh was our primary contact throughout the process, and he was always prompt in calling us back when we had questions. After a few weeks, the damage was repaired and we are back to normal. They were excellent, and I would definitely hire them again if the need arisesWilliam M.
- Business Description:Here at EcoMaster Insulation Contractors we focus on customer service and delivering value. Our specialties include attic insulation, crawl space insulation, air sealing, crawl space encapsulation, sealed crawl spaces, dehumidifiers, mold remediation, and drainage remedies such as sump pumps and french drains. As an Owens Corning "Top of the House Preferred Contractor " and a Duke Energy/Progress Prequalified Contractor we are the experts in making your more safe, comfortable, and energy effi..Recent Review:Fine. I did not realize and it was never discussed that the quote did not include a new moisture barrier which I would like to have.Ross S.
- Business Description:When disaster occurs, and it always does when you least expect it, call Professional Restoration Services, your preferred insurance restoration specialist. We are a full-service contractor who will mange your loss and restoration project from start to finish with our award winning craftsmanship. PRS is here to serve you with the utmost courtesy and care. We believe in working with our clients in all aspects of the claims process to ensure that the restoration is handles properly the first tim..Recent Review:It went fantastic everything came out wonderful the work was done professionally and the quality was great everyone that I worked with was so helpful and kind this was a very large job I had all the hardwood floors and carpet replaced in the downstairs of my home which is about 3000 ft.² the quality of the work and I don’t that I chose were top notch I would highly recommend this company to everyone they made everything so simple and stress relieving for mLisa B.
- Business Description:CW is proud to be the most trusted and respected weatherization company in the area. They have been the chosen contractor for several Department of Energy, and Utility funded programs for over 6 years. Everyone at CW takes pride in their customer service, cleanliness, and the highest quality, most cost effective improvements available. All employees have the latest certifications. Including BPI, Lead Certified Renovator, First Aid, and othersRecent Review:Matt Phillips and his team did an amazing job on several projects we had. They encapsulated our crawlspace, installed a dehumidifier (provided wireless humidity monitor), installed a bath fan, replaced an old can light, and added insulation to our attic and bonus room knee walls. Their workmanship is top notch and their pricing was competitive. The team was professional and detailed oriented. I especially liked working with Matt Phillips, he was very patient, and answered all of my questions while providing me honest feedback on some items and even guidance on other projects that his team were not going to tackle for us. He is just a stand up guy who genuinely cares about his customers and ensuring they are taken care of, before, during and after the project is done. I highly recommend them for any home-improvement needs you may haveCamille R.
- Business Description:85 employees. Additional contact name - Travis Bailey Additional DBA - Carolina Restoration Services - Service areas include Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill in North Carolina .Recent Review:I was pleased with the professionalism of the staff, particularly Mr. Chris Flantos who coordinated every phase of the project and kept me informed along the way. Damage included kitchen, living room, three bedrooms, and roof. All repairs were executed in a timely manner and with great skillwilliam s.
- Business Description:We are a full service General Contractor but we also offer many small services to help you with any needs. We do all kinds of new construction from residential to commercial and also offer many maintenance choices from your yard to your roofRecent Review:Never happened: Mother payed deposit of almost $500 and just over 2 months later, still getting jerked around as to why its not even SCHEDULED yet. Mr Lands is quoted as saying "you're not getting your money back" even though the contract clearly states there is a 15% cancellation fee, "do what you gotta do" is in regards to my mother trying to get her money refunded, and "you're not a priority" is in regards to my mother asking why jobs ordered after her are getting done before hers is even scheduled. Very unprofessional and just good old fashioned robbery in my book. Please look elsewhere. Just an fyi, this place is the same place as Total Home Center on 40/42. Don't know why it's not listed as such...SUSAN B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Before you start your own home improvement project, learn common code violations to avoid a disaster. One highly rated provider shares four big mistakes.
Exposure to lead paint can occur during home renovation. Protect yourself by hiring an EPA lead-certified contractor in Indianapolis for projects on older homes
Find lead abatement contractors in
lead abatement contractors in Raleigh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BURNS BUILDING & ASSOCIATES, INC110 GWINNETT PL
Cary, North Carolina
- BURNS BUILDING & ASSOCIATES, INC
- Carolina Odd Jobs Inc802 Banner Elk Rd
Benson, North Carolina
- Carolina Restoration Services3401 Gateway Centre Blvd
Morrisville, North Carolina
- Carolina Weatherization4824 Watkins Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Certified Indoor Air
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Certified Restoration Consultants498 NC-42 W
Clayton, North Carolina
- Carolina Odd Jobs Inc
- ECAC, Inc.9780 US Highway 15 501 N
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- EcoMaster LLC2921 Glade Aster Ct
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- EMERG+NC Property Rescuers1421 E. Broad Street Ste 324
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
- EMR Services Inc116 Rockspring Rd 6475
High Point, North Carolina
- Exterior Improvements LLC146 apple ct
Clayton, North Carolina
- ECAC, Inc.
- Kustom Disaster Recovery & Restoration200 Powell Dr #104
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Kustom Disaster Recovery & Restoration
- Restoration Disaster Cleanup3029 Stonybrook Dr Suite 111
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Restoration Disaster Cleanup
- Vision Environmental Solutions LLC7300 Stonecliff Drive, Suite 10
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Vision Environmental Solutions LLC