Should you paint over damaged plaster? In almost all cases, the answer is no. Here’s why you should repair that damaged plaster before you paint. Plus, get tips for the best results.
Get matched with top plastering contractors in Portland, OR
There are 41 highly-rated local plastering contractors.
Recent Plastering Reviews in Portland
- P&P Aramer Construction LLCSo happy I found and hired P&P Aramer! Hugo and his team did an amazing job fixing a couple of my plaster ceilings and walls that were cracked and sagging, re-texturing and repainting. I know for me it had been a struggle to find quality contractors so am so happy I found this company! If you want high quality work from a team that is willing to put in the extra effort and necessary time, hire them! I know I will rehire for future projects and will happily recommend them to friends. Can’t say enough good things about their work
- Colorworks NEINCREDIBLE! My first paint job with Walt & Chris & they would have to say no before I even think about another company for future paint jobs. They went above and beyond the expectations and completed the work to perfection. Handling any unforeseen challenge with a smile was so refreshing to see. Felt so very comfortable having them in the house for over two weeks. Highly recommend
- P&P Aramer Construction LLCThis company under-promises and over-delivers !! We had two plaster walls that were bulging (losing their 'key') in our 1913 house. Hugo and I believe his son replaced one wall completely with drywall, than matched the unique swirl texture perfectly. They then skimmed and textured the second wall. Just the best
- Lo's Contracting, Inc.Great job! Wonderful service. Always on time and on budget. Very professional and easy to work with.
- Colorworks NEAlthough Walt and Chris did not end up doing the work in my bathroom due to the extensiveness of the damage, I have nothing but positive things to say about both of them. They showed the utmost of honesty and integrity in declining the project, knowing that the money I would have spent to have them "repair" the plaster in my bathroom was ultimately just a "band-aid" and not the best use of my resources. They spent over an hour discussing the project with me and assessing the damage (with the hope of moving forward with the work). You could tell that they did not take the decision lightly and did not like to have to inform me that a repair was not the best course of action -- a lesser company would have proceeded and taken my money regardless. They cleaned up all the plaster that crumbled and left my space immaculate. Furthermore, they charged me nothing for their time, despite losing out on a days work as a result. I'll admit, I have never hired people to do interior painting of my home in the past, but I will definitely be hiring them the next time I have work to be done in my home
- IN YOUR HOMEThe project went very well! The final product is absolutely gorgeous! Our lead contractor was so kind, talented, and professional. The team listened to our desires, helped thoughtfully design our remodel with our budget in mind, and followed through with our many requests and questions. They were super flexible with our living in the house throughout the project, and were helpful and courteous in many ways. In Your Home is a great way to go! We could not have done this kind of a remodel without them. We highly recommend their services
- Design Doctors Construction LLCIn April 2019 we contacted Design Doctors about remodeling our small (10X10-foot) kitchen area, a project driven by the need to replace our 40 year old JennAir downdraft range. Over the previous 2 years we had received quotes from 6 other contractors, each of whom wanted us to use their predetermined design rather than listening to what we desired. Design Doctors listened. They were also the only contractor to discuss the need to remove and replace all of the sheetrock and flooring – actions that disclosed pending problems with flooring and electrical wiring. Justin Ross provided 4 design options and accompanied us on vendor visits to select products. DD employees its own workmen so no delays with subcontractors. Marcus kept us continuously advised of scheduled work and made sure it was completed properly and timely. His workmen were at the house nearly everyday throughout the 8-week project. They kept the work areas confined and swept and cleaned at the end of every work day. Design Doctors presented us with a notebook of information and instructions on every product and submitted the warranties for us. We have worked with over 10 great contractors during the past 30 years, but none have provide the personal approach, thoroughness and attention to detail of Design Doctors
- VODD ConstructionVas did a good job finding a solution for routing the duct in a way that worked well and that I was comfortable with. He was polite, professional and easy to work with. He took care to respect the house and made sure the hole he patched in the ceiling looked perfect before he finished.
- Onpoint drywall interiors LlcTheir work is impeccable and we were very pleased with their process. Very neat. Showed up, worked hard, had a pleasant demeanor, was communicative and they are generations deep in the trade. They went above and beyond. We did our whole home with drywall and plaster. It looks amazing. Will continue to use them on future projects
- P&P Aramer Construction LLCHugo did an excellent job and the price was very fair. His wife in the office was so pleasant to deal with as they both were. They got me scheduled the next day. I can’t wait to paint and finish the office. I will use and recommend them in the future to anyone.
Plaster Contractors in Portland
- Business Description:thanks for visiting, give us a call or click for an estimate, today!Recent Review:Excelente work, highly recommend! The crew was amazing!Juan J.
- Business Description:10 EMPLOYEES. OREGON CCB NUMBER: 163811. WASHINGTON LICENSE NUMBER: LOSCOCI944BC.Recent Review:Had drywall done in bathrooms and painting was completing matched perfectly. Installed toilet & grab bars.Barbara G.
- Business Description:With 15 years of experience, P&P Aramer Construction LLc specializes in all things remodeling. We offer high quality services including full Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling, Interior Painting, Popcorn Ceiling removal and all drywall services.Recent Review:So happy I found and hired P&P Aramer! Hugo and his team did an amazing job fixing a couple of my plaster ceilings and walls that were cracked and sagging, re-texturing and repainting. I know for me it had been a struggle to find quality contractors so am so happy I found this company! If you want high quality work from a team that is willing to put in the extra effort and necessary time, hire them! I know I will rehire for future projects and will happily recommend them to friends. Can’t say enough good things about their workMelissa F.
- Business Description:Serving the Vancouver Area. We specialize in Drywall, Metal framing, Grid Ceilings, FRP, Insulation and more. Please note we do not do patch work and specialize in drywall installation. Residential or Commercial, Tenant Improvement, New Construction, Small or Large remodels. Over 10 Years of Experience and hundreds of satisfied customers. Please contact us today for a free estimate.Recent Review:Great. Very professional. Crew always on time, very flexible with the challenges of this project and responsive to questions and concerns.Ted F.
- Business Description:Lamont Bros. is a company committed to serving the Portland area with the highest quality of remodeling work. From design to completion you will find our dedicated team working with enthusiasm and creatively to create beautiful living spacesRecent Review:The crew did the job in two days! David and Zack were professional and skilled, and the job site was neat and clean when they finished. Matt was personable and easy to work with. In fact, we're looking around for other jobs these guys could do! Highly recommendKassandra K.
- Business Description:We're innovative, hard working and we get the job done right from the science to the site. From our administration team, to the project managers and field crews, our employees are highly skilled and thoroughly trained professionals. We specialize in air quality testing and mitigation (Radon), underground tank decommissioning, sewer inspection & repair, directional drilling, environmental site assessments and environmental restorationRecent Review:I hired Environmental Works on the recommendation of a co-worker. Not only was it the least expensive of the three bids I received but it was also the only company that offered a lifetime guarantee on its work. The entire installation of a radon mitigation system in my home took less than six hours. The company guarantees that its radon mitigation system can keep radon levels below 2.7 pCi/L. A three-month radon monitoring test, completed ten months after the installation of my mitigation system, indicated radon levels at 1.4 pCi/L. I am very pleased with the work that was performed at my homeKen R.
- Business Description:Finish carpenters provide finishing touches after the primary building of a structure is done. This includes installing baseboards, molding (crown), stairs, doors, windows trim, hardwood floors, custom and expert tiling. Im able to do much of it myself or with an employee and sub contract when needed. I also provide supervisory services as a licensed and bonded Residential General Contractor. We always provide fair bids and can usually out bid competition with a 10% discountRecent Review:AWESOME. I have been in the commercial construction management industry for 40+ years. I have a lot of experience with trades and subcontractors all over the west coast - from restaurants, hotels, casinos and the electronic semiconductor market sectors. I can count on 2 hands the companies I would give a 5-Star rating to. Matt with A Better Carpenter is one of them. The quality of his finish carpentry is better than good. His communication is world-class. His personality is warm, his character is top notch, and his pricing is at par with the quality he delivers. I'm sure he knows who wrote this and I did give him permission to use me as a reference. I asked Matt to feel free to give out my name mobile number, and email address. Just say you read this review from the "Tigard exterior column customer". I am not exaggerating - he is that good. He also has a friend who performed the painting who also was really good. I LUCKED OUT. Matt is a better carpenter. most definitely Yes, I hired a finish carpenter for exterior woodwork and boy did it pay off. Too bad you can't post photographs. When I have the funds - I plan on using Matt to install new kitchen cabinetry and counter tops. Matt rocks, periodBlake D.
- Business Description:We are industry experts who perform our work with integrity, quality and service. We complete projects within budget and within the timeline stated. We primarily work on existing homes doing additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and whole-house remodels. We will supply your dream remodel with our confident team. While promoting green practices and supplying green products to our clients, we are certified in aging in place and are a lead-based paint certified company. Call us for top-notch and quali..Recent Review:Tim and his crew did an amazing job, he said 8 weeks for the remodel. I did not believe him, but he was on time to the day! This happened with the Coronavirus happening part way through. His contractors were very respectful and worked safely! I actually kind of miss them😁. We have already called Tim for a few other projectsShellie J.
- Business Description:*** ATTENTION CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC*** WHAT IS PORTLAND CONSTRUCTION IS DOING? To all of our Clients we would like to let u know that you can be sure to contract us without any pending and with the confidence that we are taking all the necessary precautions to give you all the Safety to your family that due to the CoronaVirus, we will be disinfecting all our Tools before entering your home,of course takes time consuming but Portland Construction's priority is your safety and your Family,..Recent Review:Quality work by a true professional. The patches and repairs are a seem less match with the surrounding drywall. Extremely polite and responsive. Great communication and stuck to his schedule and timeline for finishing the workGreg H.
- Business Description:Cascade Valley Construction is a licensed, bonded and insured general contractor in Washington . We use licensed subcontractors for plumbing and electrical work. We are a father and son team located in Northwest Washington serving our customers since 2006, Thomas has been in construction for 43 years. Please call Thomas at 541-653-6195Recent Review:I have hired Thomas for three different projects and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again. After getting two sets of three bids from other contractors over a couple-year span and not feeling confident with any of them, I was impressed with the time, energy and focus he put into the bid. He listens well and communicates clearly. As issues always come up with an older house, I was grateful he had the experience and knowledge to solve unexpected problems while considering my budget. He works as hard as his crew and was willing to arrive early several times to met with me before I left for work at 7 a.m. When delays popped up due to permits, shipments, etc., he stayed in touch and kept me up to date. When a tarp was placed over a part of my roof during the project, he drove by and checked frequently to ensure it stayed in place during wind and rain storms. Thomas had no problem allowing me to paint in order to save some money, sought input from me when decisions needed to be made and was available at any time for questions or concerns. I am very happy with my family room, which is more functional than before and definitely a more appealing space to hang out in. My new garage was integrated to look like it was always meant to be a part of the house and the front porch fits in seamlessly and gets used almost daily this time of year. I highly recommend Cascade Valley ConstructionKathleen M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plaster contractor articles
You can find plaster walls in a lot of older homes. What’s behind these walls—whether that’s lath or calcimine—can have an impact on how long they last. Finding out the age of your house can help you determine what you’re dealing with.
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Find plastering contractors in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
plastering contractors in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Better Carpenter LLC12935 SW Butner Rd
- A D Handyman Solution LLC9900 SE Lawnfield Rd 102
- A FRESH COAT PAINTING3340 SW 178TH AVE
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- A1 Plumbing, Inc1940 McGilchrist St SE
- A1 Retrofit LLC1811 ne 84th way
- AAA Cleaning15559 s Neibur rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Ace Handyman Services7350 SW Landmark Ln
- Adobe Construction LLC5539 N VANCOUVER
- ALEX FREDDI CONSTRUCTION LLC9753 SW Appaloosa Pl
- Alf Solutions9530 SW 6th Ave
- All Seasons Remodeling llC4380 SE Whiteson Rd.
- Allen Louis Warner4230 SE King Rd #191
- Aloha ConstructionPO Box 1006
- ALTERNATIVE DRYWALL LLC3322 SE 39TH AVE
- American Plumbing Services LP5623 SE Center St
- Armadas Exterior LLC2075 NW 14th St
- Artistic D-Zine Construction Inc. 19379 Meyers Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Aslan Wallcoverings6921 SW Tierra Del Mar
- A Better Carpenter LLC
- Cascade Painting & Restoration2116 SE Grant St
- CASCADE ROOFING6950 SW Hampton St Ste 240
- Cascade Valley Construction12447 Military Rd
- Catalyst Construction & Remodeling 503-914-91461031 NE 76th Ave
- CHARLES H HILL PLASTERING25109 NE 53rd St.
- Classic Pro Contractors Inc.P.O. Box 22590
- Colorworks NE2700 SW Corbeth Ln
- Columbia Valley Construction3311 NE 136th Way
- Complete Remodeling & Building6625 N Campbell Ave
- Concrete Lifting Solutions7110 SW Fir Loop Suite 120
- Cravenho Construction & Building1420 McDonald St NE
- Cascade Painting & Restoration
- D & S Painting & Pressure Washing20100 SW Blanton St
- Dalcinco Carpentry & Painting Services3515 NE 152nd Avenue
- Dan Hunt Construction656 Chapman Rd
Castle Rock, Washington
- DAVID MCGEE CONTRACT SERVICES LLC9504 N. Clarendon Ave.
- Dax Patterson Painting11575 SW Pacific Hwy
- Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center3625 N Mississippi Ave
- DeepCreek Painting LLC3515 SE Hill RD
- D & S Painting & Pressure Washing
- ECOARTISAN PAINTING & RENOVATIONS2021 19TH ST
West Linn, Oregon
- Ecocraft llc4408 N.E. 38th Ave
- Elephant Builders6940 NW Oak Creek Drive
- ELliud Perez Drywall & Painting22960 SW Main St
- Encompass Construction & Maintenance Services16076 S Harding Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Enterprises Home Improvements, Inc9505 SE 55th Ave
- Enviro Tech Home Inspection & Construction Svcs3530 SE 151st Ave
- Environmental Works LLC2634 SE Steele St
- Eric Klobas Construction403 SE Hood View Way
- EURO PLASTERING & STUCCO21705 SE FIRWOOD RD
- EVANS RENOVATION & REPAIR LLC7855 SW 6TH AVE
- Eye Candy Interiors1518 NE 339th St
La Center, Washington
- ECOARTISAN PAINTING & RENOVATIONS
- FAUX FX BY KELLEY SPICER1827 SW 3RD DR
- Final Touch Painting Co LLCPO BOX 871346
- Five Star Faux1485 SE Ironwood Ln
- FRANK'S DRYWALL10708 NE 15TH ST
- Fresh Coat of Portland6808 SE 74th Ave
- Fresh Paint3333 NE 73rd Ave
- FAUX FX BY KELLEY SPICER
- J & S Home Maintenance LLC15986 SE Tallina Dr
- J Blake Construction & Remodel1702 SE Oak Shore Ln
- Jack of Trades, IncP.O. Box 95
- JAMES STONE PLASTERING125 E SPRING AVE
- JBC Group Solutions IncPO Box 496
- Jed's Custom Drywall Contracting LLC3915 NE 82nd Ave
- Jeff Pederson Plastering LLC2843 NE 48th Ave
- Jenson General Contracting19120 S Fernwood Rd
- John Dom & Rich 4803 Carriage Ct NE
- John Macnab Plastering2719 SE 111th Ave
- JR Concrete Construction LLC5317 SE 140th Ave
- J & S Home Maintenance LLC
- Lamont Bros.402 South Beavercreek Road #102
Oregon City, Oregon
- Left Shore Construction LLC15785 Boones Ferry Rd, #1672
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Leitner Construction5 Centerpointe Dr Suite 400
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Lesters Painting LLCP.O Box 1392
- LIVING WALLS4022 SE 64TH AVE
- Lo's Contracting, Inc.4110 NE 122nd Ave Suite 125
- Lamont Bros.
- M & M PAINTING8648 NW OGDEN
- Marc Stumpf11103 NE Skidmore St
- McGrath Bros., Inc.8925 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. Suite C
- McKinnis Custom Contracting, Inc.PO Box 223
Oregon City, Oregon
- Meister Masonry15337 S Hattan Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Meoak Contracting LLC16491 Hiram AVe
Oregon City, Oregon
- Mike Harding Drywall Inc.P.O. Box 6435
- M & M PAINTING