When it comes to home buying, there’s nothing wrong with knowing everything about the house. If you think you’ve found the perfect place, a pre-home inspection checklist helps you talk to the inspector about your worries before their official visit.
Get matched with top home inspectors in Portland, OR
There are 45 highly-rated local home inspectors.
Recent Home Inspection Reviews in Portland
- GLYNN INSPECTION SERVICESI wanted a $ quote for home inspection for a problem I was having and Tim was very informative and helpful. I explained I was only in budgeting and information gathering phase and not ready for immediate service as I'm not selling at this time-as I answered on the Angi site, however he was very knowledgeable and asked questions and gave suggestions as well as a quote for service. I have to mull over what next step should be but if/when I get an inspection, I would consider this company as he's been in business a long time and knows what he's talking about. Plus, he has a great sense of humor
- Home Gnome Inspections, LLCI am a real estate agent who has referred Nicole of Home Gnome to many clients over the years. Working with Nicole has been great! She is patient, responsive, thorough, and has a lot of knowledge. Nicole of Home Gnome will be one of only two home inspectors I continue to recommend to friends and clients
- Home Gnome Inspections, LLCNicole was wonderful! She went places I wouldn’t (and physically couldn’t) and even did the best she could inspecting places too small even for her. She gave a thorough overview and worked with my schedule, and was extremely pleasant to work with. No question I’d recommend her!
- Oregon Roof Consulting and InspectionI have lived in my home about 3 years . At the time of sale I asked as to the age of the roof and was told 10 years . However I had no idea of its condition and the home inspector would not go up on the roof . Every business that I looked up was in the business of roof replacement or repair. I did not want to hire someone whose money was made by roof replacement etc. I was afraid I would not get the fairest assessment . Finally I found Oregon Roof Consulting and Inspection . Joe is paid for the inspection . He is not representing or working for a roofing company. He arrived on time and completed his inspection in about 45 minutes at the most. He talked to me about the main concerns that he found and then sent me a written report . The roof is in good shape but there were a few things that needed to be corrected /repaired. Joe worked as a roofer for 3 decades and now he advises home owners and also will stand in as an expert witness as a roof is being installed , to make sure it is installed correctly. I am very impressed with Joe and what he offers to home owners. He should have lots more recommendations but he does not mention anything about wanting a review . I doubt he cares about such things ,but he deserves to have people write in and recommend him
- Mike's ElectricThis is the first time we have made use of Mike's Electrical Services... we made our choice here based on what we read about the company on Angi (Angie's list). Everything went well from the beginning to the end and all the work was done like we had requested when we scheduled the appointment. Two Electricians (one was actually an apprentice) arrived on time at our house. Both answered our questions, explained possible issues and gave us other ideas along the way. They were polite and professional. Most of all, they put on their protective Covid-19 gear(mask, etc.) while they worked here! Thank You!!! We were given a list of what was found during the Electrical Inspection and talked about it as well. So all is good ....we will certainly hire Mike's again for our next Electrical Project
- Pacific NW Home InspectionsTom was great. The tenant living in the house we're buying didn't know it was inspection day, so was understandably agitated when we arrived. Tom was able to smooth out the situation, and perform a thorough inspection. Once his mission was complete, he hung out outside with us to go over what would be in the report, and answer any and all questions. 100% will use PNWHI for future inspections
- 1st Choice Home InspectionsHe arrived 15 minutes early, explained what he would be doing. We have 4 in home dogs that he happily worked around. Christopher was very thorough taking 4 plus hours to complete the inspection. We received a very detailed report emailed later that day that he offered to explain in detail with us. His report was so well written, that was not necessary. His pricing was very fair, significantly less than what friends had paid using other companies. Plan to use him when we purchase our next home
- A 2 Z Home InspectionsSteve was excellent, approachable, and diligent in every aspect of the home inspection, I highly recommend Steve, if he's not your first choice, he should be, choose A 2 Z.
- Cascade Radon IncExcellent from beginning to end. Very professional outfit from initial visit, quote, scheduling, work, followup. Price was reasonable, work quality went above and beyond, and radon levels dropped well below even the contractual level.
- PRM Inspections and Services, LLCSteven is a great home inspector that I have hired for a couple of my clients' home inspections. He is detail oriented, responsive, and he clearly answers all of my clients' questions. I am very pleased with the work Steven has completed for me and I will call him again for future inspections.
Home Inspectors in Portland
- Business Description:Home Inspections PDX provides trusted home inspections, roof inspections, sewer scopes, and radon testing. Pre-sale and post-sell inspections available on request. This is an owner operated business, and when you have a question you will always speak directly with me. I offer online scheduling, consults, reporting, and payment.Recent Review:he was very friendly and informativeSamantha N.
- Business Description:Think you’ve found your dream home? We offer Full Home Inspection Services. Pull back the curtain before you buy via scheduling a home inspection. PRM Inspections And Services will make sure you know exactly what lies beneath the charming exterior. We are able to preform a buyers or sellers home inspection. Our team has decades of experience in residential construction, so you can trust us to provide a thorough home inspection. Secondary Contact: Paul Martinis - 503-864-556Recent Review:Steven is a great home inspector that I have hired for a couple of my clients' home inspections. He is detail oriented, responsive, and he clearly answers all of my clients' questions. I am very pleased with the work Steven has completed for me and I will call him again for future inspections.Andan R.
- Business Description:Inspect while you own and before you buy. In business since 1989 and 7 time winner of the Super Service Award. We have performed approximately 12,000 home / building inspection and we are a founding board member of OREIA, (Oregon Real Estate Inspectors Association). We do not perform repairs. All of our clients are encouraged and more than welcome to attend the entire inspection process. We strongly encourage this as all our inspections are interactive so the customer and home buyer has a goo..Recent Review:Steve was excellent, approachable, and diligent in every aspect of the home inspection, I highly recommend Steve, if he's not your first choice, he should be, choose A 2 Z.Gerardo R.
- Business Description:We believe that high quality inspections are invaluable when buying a new home. It is our mission to provide you with a thorough, unbiased and comprehensive assessment that you can trust. Equipped with our detailed report, you will have the knowledge to make informed decisions, giving you the ability to move through the purchase process with confidence and peace of mindRecent Review:I've had to hire 6 home inspections for various reasons over the past 10 years and Murphy Home Inspection was by far the easiest to work with, professional, and thorough. They will be all I use from now on.Ryun B.
- Business Description:Award winning. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Brian Johnston, Anthony Johnston. Local family owned.Recent Review:Very friendly service. Great working with them again!James B.
- Business Description:I chose to work as a Home Inspector because my 20 years as a Mechanical Engineer and home remodeling expert prepared me to perform this job at a high level. At Connors Inspections we perform thorough and detailed home inspections for people buying a home or considering selling a home. I enjoy using my experience to help people make quality decisions. Our friendly, honest, and reliable approach will help you feel at easeRecent Review:Craig was very detailed. He checked everything in the house making sure the house is sounded. He even checked the age of the water heater, and making sure all appliances are in working condition. Very reliable and fairly priced. He inspected the sewer line and located exactly where the issue is, so it is possible for us to find it and fix it. Highly recommended. Very dependableamy l.
- Business Description:Sitka Property Management is a firm that manages client investment rental property, specializing in small to medium sized apartment buildings and rental houses. We are a small company, and we specify our client agreements, including billing procedures, to reflect each set of individual client needs. We have a trusted network of experienced and fairly priced contractors, such as landscapers, plumbers, and general handymen to help keep client costs low, while preserving investmentsRecent Review:We rented a lovely home through Sitka property management for two years and were so thrilled to rent from them. Jon was extremely responsive to every need we had from laundry appliance replacement to various house repairs. He was professional, communicative, and kindLauren S.
- Business Description:West Coast Roofing & Painting is a local family owned business that was founded in the metro Portland area. We are a fully licensed, bonded and insured Contractor in Portland Oregon. Our policies and standards are always updated and we train constantly for the best interest of our employees and clients. West Coast Roofing is proud to provide quality roof installations in and around Portland, Oregon. You can trust that your roof is in good hands when our highly trained staff takes on your proj..Recent Review:excellent work. fair and straightforward sales process, professional high quality crew, great office staff.P D.
- Business Description:EnviroClear is an eco-friendly company implementing an organic, pet and human safe mold removal process at a lower cost. EnviroClear uses the latest technology and equipment combined with non-toxic, organic environment friendly solutions to safely and effectively remove harmful contaminants from your environmentRecent Review:Raymond was fantastic and you can't beat the price and level of detail he brought to the job! I have been raving about EnviroClear, and highly recommend Raymond if you've got a mold problem. Here's why ... I'm a new homeowner of a 1940s house, so when I discovered mold in the bedroom of my finished basement just 6 weeks after escrow closed, I was definitely freaking out out a little bit. I had been smelling a musty smell since we moved in, but my real estate agent was very dismissive and my husband said he couldn't smell anything. So, when I was taping up the basement to paint, I felt totally validated after discover the paint was lifting and pulling it back only to discover some mean-looking, black-colored mold behind the baseboard and up the wall a little bit. I had four different mold remediation/restoration companies come by and take a look before hiring EnviroClear, and Raymond is the only one who took photos and actually lifted up our ceiling tiles to inspect the wood rafters. (You can tell he's a full-on mold **** and not just a general contractor trying to cash in on the booming mold remediation industry here in Portland.) I like things done by the book, so I appreciated that he was certified and not just pushing "patented fog systems." He's also a home inspector and insurance adjuster, so the estimate he gave me was very detailed and itemized with photos just like you would give to an insurance company. He charged by the job and not by vague "labor and materials" estimates like some of the others, which leaves a lot of room for surprise charges. He explained each step and was the only one who recommended removing the drop ceiling tiles all together due to the poor ventilation we have down there ... and I'm glad he did, because they were disgusting and definitely contributing to the musty smell. Thankfully, when he opened up the wall wear the moisture and mold were on the baseboards, it was dry (though there's evidence of some kind of water issue). He doesn't do the dry wall repair, but the cuts he made were super straight and clean, making the forthcoming repair easier and less expensive. For the floor board mold/moisture, we are still not 100% sure what is causing it, so we are following Raymond's recommendation to leave our wall open for about month to to see if any moisture appears after a few days of constant rain as well as addressing the poor drainage in our backyard (French drains/rain gardens, etc.). There was another company with a similar price quote to Raymond's and I like them a lot as well, but what set EnviroClear apart was the following: (1) the fully itemized estimate (with photos) we got, and (2) he not only treated the affected bedroom where I found the mold and cut the dry wall out to find out what the cause is (TBD), but he also removed and disposed of the drop ceiling tiles in the bedroom AND laundry room and sprayed, scrubbed, dried, HEPA vacuumed, and treated with a special microbial sealant ALL of the exposed rafters in the basement, crawl spaces, utility room, laundry room floor, carpet in the bedroom. He even scrubbed the laundry room floor. He ended up charging $1,600 less than the highest estimate we got and I am confident that no one would have cleaned everything as much as he did. Happy to report that there are no more smells!!! It's really amazing. Now, I feel so much more comfortable (once we remedy the drainage situation in our yard) having guests stay in the basement, including my dad who is medically fragile, and also now I can turn half of the laundry room into a home gym with the peace of mind that I'm not breathing in a bunch of spores (even though I know it wasn't "toxic black bold" I can't imagine huffing and puffing with a mold ceiling above you is good for anybody). Big takeaway if you're new to this like me -- get at least 3-4 estimates and ask lots of questions about how they plan to remediate. (Oh, that reminds me, Raymond is the only one who insisted that we let the mold treatment sit and dry overnight before he HEPA vacuumed, sprayed again to make sure there was no reaction indicating mold, then sealed all the surfaces.) Anywho, can you tell I'm a happy camper? In short, I would definitely recommendNicole W.
- Business Description:At Summit Painting we strive to provide long lasting quality workmanship and an excellent experience for our customers. We are founded on a simple and powerful statement: "Bringing Professionalism to Painting" This organization was started and is still managed by individuals who are tired of getting a bad wrap for being a contractor. Poor communication, broken promises, poor work quality, unclear scheduling and unfair payment terms are all common problems found in this industry. We closely..Recent Review:We hired the Summit Painting team after observing them paint the exterior of a house around the corner from us. The house looked fantastic and we appreciated how hard the team worked. Our experience proved that the Summit Painting team is outstanding. We hired them to complete an exterior paint job that included the repair of some of the siding. They worked incredibly hard and we found them to be diligent and meticulous in their work. Moreover, they were kind and considerate while working at our home. We are extremely pleased with the result and will definitely phone Mauricio again in the futureDieter C.
Deals in Portland for Home Inspection
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home inspector articles
A home inspector has a big say about the house you’ll buy for someone you don’t know well, so you want someone you trust. Should you trust your realtor’s go-to inspector? It depends. Learn about the pros and cons of hiring your agent’s inspector.
Most people only conduct home inspections before buying or selling a property. However, there are plenty of other reasons to hire a qualified home inspector to assess the health and well-being of your house. Read on to learn why you need an inspection.
Find home inspectors in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
home inspectors in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 360 HOME CARE. LLC7316 SE 17th Ave
- 360 HOME CARE. LLC
- A & B Home inspections713 C St
- A 2 Z Home InspectionsPO Box 2019
- A Division of Stumptown Construction Inc4804 NW Bethany Blvd Ste I-2 PMB 169
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- A-1 Analysis IncP.O. BOX 881
- Able Janitorial LLC430 Kirkland Rd Unit C
- ACCREDITED HOME INSPECTIONS7616 SE 267th Ave
- Accurite Building Inspections7341 SW Laview Drive
- ACER INSPECTION SERVICES1844 SE 12th Ave
- ADT Vancouver1006 W 4th Plain Blvd
- ADVANCED HOME INSPECTION INC1327 SE TACOMA #303
- Advanced Timber & Fire Company, LLC.11048 SW Greenburg RD Unit 140
- ALAN J HARRINGTON INSPECTIONSPO BOX 822
- Alf Solutions9530 SW 6th Ave
- All About Home InspectionsP.O. Box 302
- Allied Inspection Services540 B Ave
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Alpine Home Inspections13507 SE Le Ann Ct
- American Chimney & Masonry3614 NE 50th Ave
- American Plumbing Services LP5623 SE Center St
- AmeriSpec Home Inspection Service4713 NE 39th St 190
- Angelica's Cleaning Services523 SE 18th Ave
- APEX HOME INSPECTIONS, INC.8305 SE Monterey Ave. Ste. 215
Happy Valley, Oregon
- Associated Inspection Firm IncPO Box 823052
- Associated Master Inspectors LLCPO Box 230966
- Assurance Home Inspections222 SW Harrison St Apt 8D
- ATHURO INSPECTIONPO BOX 398
- Authentic Home Inspections and Energy Audits LLC.
- AVS Elevator11140 SW 109th Ave
- Axiom Eco-Pest Control 4252 SE International Way # J
- A & B Home inspections
- Barajas Fire Protection LLC21127 SE Salmon St
- Bari Home InspectionP.O Box 82309
- Ben Tester-The Home Tester10555 SW Tigard St #57
- Beta Home Inspections6705 SE Gladstone St
- Blueprint Home Inspections7327 SW Barnes Road #111
- BOTTICELLI APPRAISALS INCPO BOX 787
Battle Ground, Washington
- Bottom UP Inspections LLC4335 NE Holman St
- Brendan Fitzpatrick Home Inspections6327 SW Capitol Hwy Ste C
- Breunig Construction Inc.14360 SE Haze Ct.
- Bridge City ContractingP.O. Box 158
- Bridgetown Inspections LLC 11404 SW Capitol Hwy
- BURTON PEST CONTROL2972 SE Turner Creek Drive
- Barajas Fire Protection LLC
- Carson Inspection ServicePO Box 2111
- CASCADE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES INC14707 SE RIVER RD
- CASCADE INSPECTIONS NORTHWESTPO Box 354
- CASCADE PACIFIC BUILDING INSPECTIONS LLC1326 NE 12TH AVE
- Cascade Radon Inc12839 NE Airport Way
- Cascadia Drone22814 SW Forest Creek Dr
- Cascadian Home Inspection66145 E Mountain Air Dr
- CEDAR ROOFS NW3228 NE 70th Ave
- Certified Site Inspection & Radon Solutions14985 SW 133 Ave.
- Clear Vision Home Inspections2001 NW Aloclek Dr
- Columbia Geotechnical, Inc.PO Box 87367
- COLUMBIA PEST CONTROL INC1722 NE 119TH AVE
- Connors Inspections LLC35675 S Sawtell Rd
- Cooper Home Inspections15915 SE Monner
Happy Valley, Oregon
- COWLITZ & LEWIS DRY ROT REPAIR27 COWLITZ ST W
Castle Rock, Washington
- CRAWFORD INSPECTIONSPO BOX 665
West Linn, Oregon
- Critter Control6809 SE Foster Rd
- Carson Inspection Service
- EcoLife705 Queen Ave SW
- Element Home Inspection2124 N Humboldt St.
- ENDEAVOR PLUMBING INCPO BOX 28037
- Energy Comfort Construction15635 SE 114th Ave Ste 110
- Enviro Tech Home Inspection & Construction Svcs3530 SE 151st Ave
- EnviroClear LLC1135 NE Ainsworth St
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Ethereal Elements16454 SW Cornelian Way
- Expression Homes1856 NW Jillanne Ct
- Faber Home Inspection390 High Ct
- Fastrak Oregon LLC37391 Camp Creek Rd
- FORENSIC WATERPROOFING CONSULTANTS105 SE Taylor St Ste 307
- FOSTER GAMBEE GEOTECHNICAL14355 NW MCNAMEE RD
- FOUR WALLS HOME INSPECTION SERVICESPO BOX 231062
- Fresh and Clean2615 Neals Ln
- Faber Home Inspection
- H 2 Handy Pro61535 S Highway 97 9-184
- Haskin Electric Inc5317 NE St Johns Rd Ste C
- Healthy Home Inspection Services LLC8885 SW Canyon Rd. Ste 213
- Heartwood Inspections LLC4603 SE 46th ave
- Heat Relief13122 NE David Cir Ste 800
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Home Inspection All Star Portland2200 NW Savier St
- Home Inspection IncPO Box 30504
- Home Inspections Northwest12911 SW 113th Place
- HomeCheck Inspection Services4207 Se Woodstock #103
- HomeTeam Inspection Service5890 SW 191St Ave
- HOMETEAM INSPECTION SERVICE800 NE TENNEY RD STE 110
- HomeTech LLCPO Box 692
- Hopkins Home Inspection4062 NE 10th Ave
- HouseGeek Home Inspection1137 NE Beech St
- HUMMINGBIRD HOMES, LLCPO Box 25490
- H 2 Handy Pro
- Ideal Property Inspections LLC8428 SW 42nd Ave
- Ideal Property Inspections LLC