Learn about the use and risks of asbestos, formaldehyde, PVC, VOCs, and other toxic building materials, as well as alternative items to create a healthier home.
Get matched with top asbestos removal services in Pittsburgh, PA
There are 4 highly-rated local asbestos removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Asbestos Removal Reviews in Pittsburgh
- Carl Frank Industries IncWe had a good experience with them. They came out for an estimate and then came out a week later and removed everything in 1 day. Nicely cleaned up; no hassle.
- MICROLAB NORTHWESTExcellent customer service, prompt responses and answered all questions thoroughly. Very knowledgable and detailed explanations and advice over the phone. Pleasant and patient conversation.
- Badger Asbestos & Mold Abatement IncGreat experience. We needed the work done quickly since our house was on the market. Mark fitted it in, was on time and cleaned up well.
- Victoria Environmental Services, LLCHe provided excellent service, was very responsive to my calls and texts, and extremely thorough in his work. I had a basement full of tiles (~370 sq ft) that I tested and knew were asbestos, and I called and got an estimate for a fair price. Of the quotes I got from contractors, Vadim's was competitive along with two of the three people I called (the third was a fast talking salesperson who was almost triple!). Since the three quotes were all within ~$50-100 of each other, I went with Vadim since he was first to respond and gave me an estimate with very low turnaround time, even with a major holiday coming up. After I asked Vadim to do the work, he scheduled me in with very little delay. I don't know if it's the season or if he's good at estimating when jobs can happen, but it really continued the trend of his responsiveness to getting the work done. Of the very few people I've hired to do work at my house, Vadim is by far the most professional and outstanding of them all. He was extremely polite and courteous, worked efficiently and quickly, and outlined clearly and specifically what he planned to do. It wasn't just "I'll clear the tiles out," it was also "I'll add sheeting in these locations" and "I'll have a negative air machine running through your door and outside this window" and "I will get in this very small crack you can't see but is right beneath your bottom carpeted step." I was blown away by how polite and detailed he was. Vadim had all the proper equipment needed to do the job in a safe and professional manner. This was not an amateur job, he knew what he was doing and did it safely for himself and my house. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend him to everyone. I don't currently have any additional asbestos projects, but in the future if I do, I would call him and only him to get the work done. I have full trust in the quality of his work and the honesty of his estimates. Thank you Vadim
- Carl Frank Industries IncMr. Frank returned my call the same day, leaving complete information about how to go about determining whether the tile I needed to remove was made of asbestos. Fortunately it did not. He responded very quickly and gave thorough information. I certainly would have followed up further with this company had I needed their services
- Carl Frank Industries IncThe team arrived on time. Suited up, put up the containment tent and removed the asbestos and then vacuumed up. A clean, fast job well done. Very responsive company that is concerned about doing good work.
- Carl Frank Industries IncVery good experience. I'm selling my house and called the asbestos abatement company suggested by my realtor--three times over two weeks without any response. I checked the list and read all of the favorable reviews of Carl Frank Ind. My experience agrees with these other assessments. I received a call back on the same day; Carl came to see the work needed on the next day. He thoroughly described the work needed and sent the written specifications for the materials he intended to use. He scheduled the work within three days; it was completed in about four hours. I was completely satisfied with the careful work done, impressed with Carl's knowledge and professionalism, and very happy to have the work done so quickly
- Carl Frank Industries IncWe called Carl and several other firms. Only 2 firms responded to my numerous calls. Carl came a little late to the estimate but sent us an amount fairly quickly. He came in $150 under the other estimate. I tried to schedule a time with him and he was responsive. I checked with the floor refinishing contractor to see if Carl could get in before the floors were finished. The flooring guy said yes, but then on the day of, turned Carl away at the door. Carl called me and was very understanding. We rescheduled for once the floors were done. He was very careful and kept the new floors looking great. He was flexible and understanding despite having planned to do the job and traveled to it and then getting turned away. I really appreciate that. On the day of, he was 10 minutes late due to traffic, but that is much better than my average contractor experience
- Carl Frank Industries IncVery easy to deal with, timely response in arranging appointment. No hassle, the home inspector "thought" it was asbestos and there were pictures in our report which we emailed to them and they were able to say that it did look like it was asbestos. They came promptly, and took care of the job efficiently giving me all the paperwork I would ever need in the future as evidence of having the work completed and of having the material appropriately disposed of. I have already recommended them to our realtor in the event she have other customers that need this service
- Carl Frank Industries IncCarl Frank Industries is one of the best contractors I have ever encountered. All of my calls (and there were several) were promptly returned. Everyone was punctual. The job was done professionally with no worries on my part. Special requests that I had were handled very smoothly. I highly recommend Carl Frank Industries
Last update on December 5, 2020
Asbestos Removal Services in Pittsburgh
Explore our Solution Center for helpful asbestos removal service articles
Asbestos testing and asbestos removal need to be done by experienced pros with specialized training. Homeowners should verify certification before hiring.
Each of the six types of asbestos poses a risk of serious disease to people exposed through construction or products.
Find asbestos removal services in
asbestos removal services in Pittsburgh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- BLT CONTRACTING INC1718 MT NEBO RD
Sewickley, Pennsylvania 15143
- BLT CONTRACTING INC
- Healthy Environments LLC60 Progress Ave
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
- Healthy Environments LLC
- Rebuilders10 Monongahela Ave
Morgantown, West Virginia 26501