Get matched with top antique appraisers in Norfolk, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Norfolk
- Moving On Services LLCEverything went like clockwork! Nancy and her team are truly professional. All discarding and donating of items were handled with sincere compassion to help my sister "let go" of stuff that she really did not need in her new environment. They placed & arranged items/pictures on the wall and even made up beds. All items moved were put in their places. My sister just had to help with suggestions of placement--even to placing dishes and flatware in kitchen! They cleaned the new apartment and took away all trash/boxes. Top quality service from such a caring and professional team. Nancy Alberts also provides professional and knowledgeable advice about any life transition. We were blessed to have her services along with her caring team members
- Moving On Services LLCNancy Alberts sat with me and reviewed her service options. I had no intention of using anyone to help me purge the contents of my home. As she spoke I realized that what I really needed…and wanted was what she had to offer: minions. Her minions were little miracle workers. They took my copious and beloved belongings and made them disappear to various destinations. They did it all in less than four days and they did it under the quoted amount. And they didn’t make my life miserable. Furthermore, at no time did I feel as if I was inadequate for not being able to do this all on my own. I just felt like a little bunch of miracle workers had arrived to take what I have literally dreaded doing for my entire adult life and make it go away. (I had always called this house “my feet first house”. By that I meant that I intended to leave this house feet first, as they took me directly to the funeral home. I decided that I would let moving out be my children’s problem. Don’t judge me, I’m not perfect.) I honestly do not know how I would have managed without Nancy and her minions. This moving thing is a bigger physical and emotional strain than even I, in my global panic over the mere thought of it, realized. I believe that either my daughter (who was giving up her life to be there to help me, bless her pointed little head) or I would have ended up hurting each other or recruiting seconds for a duel if we had had to finish the job we had already spent so much time starting. When she and her minions left us my house was staged (she used what we had to make it look fabulous, cleaned, and virtually empty. It was ready to be shown the very same day. Nancy’s calm prevails throughout the process. But make no mistake, she is driven to get it all done. Furthermore, Nancy is completely transparent with regard to any vendors you may need. She has trusted vendors (carpet cleaners, movers, shippers, auctioneers, cleaners, appraisers, etc.) she can recommend but she provides you with their direct contact information. She is frank, honest and worth every penny. I'm grateful. And, would use her again and again
- Moving On Services LLCObtained information on the move by telephone and set date. Arrived on time with two packing assistants and two movers and a moving truck. Advised me as to what personal effects to move. Exhibited great knowledge, sensitivity to feelings,and professionalism from start to finish. Called me later in the day to see how I was doing and to be sure the admission had gone well and that we were satisfied with her work
- Moving On Services LLCNancy Alberts is the owner. She doesn't charge you anything for the first visit. She was punctual. She is very professional and very knowledgeable. She basically just walked in the house and gave me an idea what to expect from some of the belonging we did have and didn't know any value on. She gave a written estimate about what it would cost for her to take care of the property as far as getting rid of everything. We actually are in a process right now of deciding whether we are going to use her try to sell things based on her recommendation. It was a very positive experience. I felt very comfortable dealing with her
- Madison JewelersThe estimate was free but since it was outsourced to a watch repairman I was told up front it would not be fast. I was OK with that and in a couple of weeks I had the estimate. I felt the estimate was reasonable so I had the work done - again the staff at Madison informed me that it would not be a fast turn around. In a couple of weeks I got the call that my watch was ready to be picked up. The watch now works fine. I have known Phil for several years and highly recommend his business
- Moving On Services LLCWe initiated contact by phone and scheduled a visit which was free, We then decided together what she could offer that would best fit our needs. She guided us through an experience that was intimidating for us.
- Moving On Services LLCMy husband and I took our kids on an RV trip cross country. We were gone for 3 weeks and my mom and a friend watched the house and took care of our cat. By the time we got back, we found that the kitty door into the laundry room where her litter box is kept had been locked for most of the time we were gone. So instead of pee on the floor, she decided she was going to go on my read antique couch. It has a funky cat pee smell now. I needed someone to tell me whether it would be worth getting fixed or if we should just throw it out. She called me back pretty soon after my message. She had me send a picture via mobile phone and she gave me a ball park figure. Overall, she was very considerate, fair, and genuinely concerned about my situation. I would definitely just this company for other services
- Moving On Services LLCA major obstacle was that all of the immediate family live far outside the Norfolk area; involved family members live in Seattle, Indianapolis, and western Massachusetts. Thus, everything had to be arranged and conducted via phone and email. In addition, since the person being relocated is elderly, Ms. Alberts and her crew had to deal with a cluttered apartment. Nancy kept in constant contact with the family every step of the way and coordinated everything beautifully. She and her crew carefully packed all apartment contents, worked logistically with a local storage company, moved everything efficiently and safely, and transferred selected heirlooms to family members in multiple locations. In addition, she served as active liaison with several antique dealers and auction houses to appraise, sell, and financially track a number of items that needed to be kept out of storage. All of the work was done in timely fashion and well, especially given the less-than-optimal conditions. Ongoing family communication was a high priority for the company; this included inventorying sale items via pictures sent to multiple family members so heirloom items could be retained as desired. As company owner, Nancy is extremely responsive (answering all questions quickly, and being very caring and sensitive to family needs / dynamics); friendly and courteous; highly knowledgeable RE: logistics, item values, and local expert resources; and highly capable. Especially impressive is that for everything the company did for us, the final cost was a good bit less than we had anticipated
- Madison JewelersIt was a professional appraisal. He let me know when he was going to have it done and stuck to it. It was a very professional package that came with it for the insurance companies.
- Madison JewelersI brought in a bracelet, necklace and my wedding ring. Each needed to be repaired. They put two new links on my necklace and replaced the clasp. They also soldered the butterfly that had broken off my bracelet. The stone in my wedding ring was loose and they reset tit. I was pleased with the repair work and would use them again in the future
Last update on August 22, 2019
Jewelry Appraisers in Norfolk
We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our members.
"Awesome. Ed emailed me back within a half hour asking for more information so he could help me. Before I could answer, he'd found someone closer to me who might be able to help. Fabulous! <br />"
Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services today
"<p>Unfortunately, she could not help me with what I own.</p> <p>She however, went out of her way to refund my money to me</p> <p>without me even asking for a refund... You do not see much of this in todays world.</p> <p>I will call on her again if I ever need another Appraisal of my belongings.</p> <p>I can not speak Highly enough about her and her Company!!! </p> <p>They are outstanding!!!!</p> <p>Thank you...</p> <br /> <br /> <br />
Began business in 1999, licensed, insured and bonded; an experienced, skilled team plus pre-qualified vendors and sub-contractors. Deposits are required depending on the scope of work, with full payment required in full at the completion of the project,
"It is with deep sadness that I have to write this review. Nancy was a very likeable person. The first day when the two ladies came to the storage unit, they were on time. I had this idea in my head that we would start on one side of the unit and continue around the unit. The unit was not completely filled and I had two aisles. Instead, they went to the left side, then to the right side, then to the middle. While one lady helped me inside the unit, the other was outside doing the inventory. We eventually stuck to one side and went through the boxes. It started to rain and we had to put everything back in the unit including the trash. Their truck was completely loaded with boxes so there was no room to take trash away the first day. The second day they came to my house to pick up things I had there. Everything went well, as well as going back to the storage unit to finish up where we left off. I was told by Nancy that anything I wanted to keep would be re-wrapped and put in a new box. When I ask one of the ladies about this, she said no. I only had two boxes left after the clean-out that I would have liked to had re-wrapped and placed in new boxes. The same lady did wrap some pictures I had and placed them in a box, but the box was too small and the top could not be closed. She did leave me a few boxes and wrapping paper before she left. The third day all the items were picked up for auction, for charity and for trash. That went well. My items were sold at auction in August and I received my check in October. When I saw the inventory list and what the items were sold for, I was disappointed. Some things sold for more than I thought and others sold for much less. I called the auction company to inquire about items that were not listed and he told me that the things not listed were in the box lots, which there were seven. This included Redskins, NASCAR, and Star Trek memorabilia, which were sold between $5-15 for each box. Then I realized I had three oil paintings (29 x 40 with frames) and a large mirror for a dresser that were not mentioned. I called the auction company back to ask them about this. The man I spoke to was not helpful at all. I called Nancy on 10/28/2020 and she said she was going out there and would check with them and call me back. When I did not hear from her the next day, I called her. And I have been calling her daily since. I call her number and leave messages, I called her answering service, and I went to her website to send a message and nothing. I paid Nancy over $1,000 to clean out the storage and dispose of the items and cleared just under $700 from the auction. My recommendation to you is just call a charity to pick up your items and take the tax deduction.
Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shipping
"During the holidays I was given antique pieces of fine jewelry that were heirlooms and in my family for several generations. My husband and I really weren't sure where to start in evaluating what do with them as far as selling them or keeping them and we really didn't even know what the quality was, we just knew they were old. <br /> We found a few other places that told us they were real gold, and we could sell them and have them melted down and be paid based on the total gold amount. I just didn't feel right about having these items melted, they felt like they were worth more than just gold- 2 gorgeous antique broches and a watch. <br /> We found Global Gold and silver online and set up an appointment with Steve.. It felt like he appreciated the items for more than just their value in ct wt of gold and educated us on where they were from. Because of their age, he also told us they may not be melted down and that they may be able to be resold at auction or in the marketplace which made us feel a lot better about moving forward. <br /> We sold the items to them at what we feel was a very fair negotiated rate which was above everyone else's price and left feeling comfortable that our family's antiques were left in good hands. We definitely recommend. <br />
"Hauser's were expert, kind, quick service, and the ring is gorgeous! There was no pressure to buy more than we could afford, and the jeweler who did the work was there to speak to us! Totally happy with the experience."
TOM,S Auctions & Appraisals is a family owned business, operated by Tom Perry CAI, C.A.G.A., MPPA, AARE,GPPA, GPPA-M. We provide complete auction and appraisal services. Estates Settlements, Real Estate & Real Estate Auctions. YES WE BUY One Piece , Collection Or Entire Estates.
Madison Jewelers is a full service fine jewelry store located in the heart of Virginia Beach. We are an independently family owned jewelry store with old fashioned values. Treat the customer fairly and with respect!
"The estimate was free but since it was outsourced to a watch repairman I was told up front it would not be fast. I was OK with that and in a couple of weeks I had the estimate. <br /> I felt the estimate was reasonable so I had the work done - again the staff at Madison informed me that it would not be a fast turn around. In a couple of weeks I got the call that my watch was ready to be picked up. The watch now works fine. I have known Phil for several years and highly recommend his business. <br />
I have been a jeweler 20 yrs, Jewelry repair and restoration is my passion. As well as selling fine jewelry, retail and wholesale, and all jewelry findings and tools. Call me for any and all your jewelry needs Please, 757-685-8605 thank you Dawn Jarman
"Dawn examined my ring, told me about many damaged prongs and gave me all of the details up front which allowed me to make an educated decision on how to proceed with my repair. I also chose the materials and setting for my daughter's earrings. After discussion about what would work best for her, Dawn recommended an open bezel setting and I loved it. Dawn communicated with me throughout the whole repair process and when I went to pick up my jewelry, it was BETTER than original! I am so happy with the repairs and the earrings, that I took more jewelry to her, including a broken antique ring of my great grandmother's that no other jeweler would touch. I plan to continue to do business with Dawn until the end of time. She is one of the most honest people I have ever met and truly has a passion for her work. I completely recommend her to EVERYONE!
Established company with over 38 years of experence in the auction business. Specializing in Real Estate, Estate, and business liquidations. Personal Property Appraiser. CAI, AARE, CES, and CAGA Members of the National, Virginia, and North Carolina Auctioneers Assoc.
We are a small business owned by Tom Tidwell with 2 employees. We accept all major credit cards. We buy all precious metals including gold, silver, platinum, coins and silver flatware. We repair all gold jewelry and we specialize in making custom jewelry with or without precious stones. We host GOLD PARTIES - paying the host 10%. We pay in cash or check on the spot. We also pay 5% referral fees
See all 3 highly rated companies in NorfolkJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
antique appraisers in Norfolk
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Barrett St Auction Center & Antique Mall2645 Dean Dr
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
- Barrett St Auction Center & Antique Mall
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc