What happens when your new barbecue won't fit in the space left by the old one? Check out how this homeowner overcame that issue in his outdoor kitchen.
Compare quotes from top antique appraisers
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Norfolk, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Norfolk
- Moving On Services LLCEverything went like clockwork! Nancy and her team are truly professional. All discarding and donating of items were handled with sincere compassion to help my sister "let go" of stuff that she really did not need in her new environment. They placed & arranged items/pictures on the wall and even made up beds. All items moved were put in their places. My sister just had to help with suggestions of placement--even to placing dishes and flatware in kitchen! They cleaned the new apartment and took away all trash/boxes. Top quality service from such a caring and professional team. Nancy Alberts also provides professional and knowledgeable advice about any life transition. We were blessed to have her services along with her caring team members
- Moving On Services LLCNancy was a lifesaver! She counseled about which belongings to take, which to donate, which to sell. Her teams did a remarkable amount of work packing and unpacking and they were great fun to have around! On the day that I "hit the wall" and thought it just couldn't be done Nancy "talked me off the bridge" with her calm demeanor. On the day of the move, Nancy supervised the movers at the "move-out" and the "move-in". She made sure I had a path through the boxes to get to my bed (I'd opted to do most of the unpacking on my own) and made the bed before she left. Nancy is a Godsend and worth every penny!
- Moving On Services LLCA major obstacle was that all of the immediate family live far outside the Norfolk area; involved family members live in Seattle, Indianapolis, and western Massachusetts. Thus, everything had to be arranged and conducted via phone and email. In addition, since the person being relocated is elderly, Ms. Alberts and her crew had to deal with a cluttered apartment. Nancy kept in constant contact with the family every step of the way and coordinated everything beautifully. She and her crew carefully packed all apartment contents, worked logistically with a local storage company, moved everything efficiently and safely, and transferred selected heirlooms to family members in multiple locations. In addition, she served as active liaison with several antique dealers and auction houses to appraise, sell, and financially track a number of items that needed to be kept out of storage. All of the work was done in timely fashion and well, especially given the less-than-optimal conditions. Ongoing family communication was a high priority for the company; this included inventorying sale items via pictures sent to multiple family members so heirloom items could be retained as desired. As company owner, Nancy is extremely responsive (answering all questions quickly, and being very caring and sensitive to family needs / dynamics); friendly and courteous; highly knowledgeable RE: logistics, item values, and local expert resources; and highly capable. Especially impressive is that for everything the company did for us, the final cost was a good bit less than we had anticipated
- Moving On Services LLCWe initiated contact by phone and scheduled a visit which was free, We then decided together what she could offer that would best fit our needs. She guided us through an experience that was intimidating for us.
- Long JewelersWe contacted Long's on Shore Drive and they were available for an appraisal that day. They did the sorting on the spot and the appraisal was ready the next day. I also left some of my jewelry that I wanted to sell with them and in 3 days, they made an offer which I thought was fair.
- JEWEL BOXThey did an excellent, excellent job. It is just a tiny little jewelry store in Beavis but they were excellent. They were just very professional and very good. It was reasonably priced and it was done on time. Everything was fine. It was $100 to have both the ring and the necklace appraised and they also built prongs on the diamond for the ring. I have been to other places that I didn’t care for as much as Jewel Box. I trust leaving my jewelry there and I don’t worry about having the diamond switched. I would continue to recommend them. Whenever I needed jewelry repaired or appraised I take it there
- Hauser's JewelersHauser's were expert, kind, quick service, and the ring is gorgeous! There was no pressure to buy more than we could afford, and the jeweler who did the work was there to speak to us! Totally happy with the experience.
- Moving On Services LLCNancy Alberts sat with me and reviewed her service options. I had no intention of using anyone to help me purge the contents of my home. As she spoke I realized that what I really needed…and wanted was what she had to offer: minions. Her minions were little miracle workers. They took my copious and beloved belongings and made them disappear to various destinations. They did it all in less than four days and they did it under the quoted amount. And they didn’t make my life miserable. Furthermore, at no time did I feel as if I was inadequate for not being able to do this all on my own. I just felt like a little bunch of miracle workers had arrived to take what I have literally dreaded doing for my entire adult life and make it go away. (I had always called this house “my feet first house”. By that I meant that I intended to leave this house feet first, as they took me directly to the funeral home. I decided that I would let moving out be my children’s problem. Don’t judge me, I’m not perfect.) I honestly do not know how I would have managed without Nancy and her minions. This moving thing is a bigger physical and emotional strain than even I, in my global panic over the mere thought of it, realized. I believe that either my daughter (who was giving up her life to be there to help me, bless her pointed little head) or I would have ended up hurting each other or recruiting seconds for a duel if we had had to finish the job we had already spent so much time starting. When she and her minions left us my house was staged (she used what we had to make it look fabulous, cleaned, and virtually empty. It was ready to be shown the very same day. Nancy’s calm prevails throughout the process. But make no mistake, she is driven to get it all done. Furthermore, Nancy is completely transparent with regard to any vendors you may need. She has trusted vendors (carpet cleaners, movers, shippers, auctioneers, cleaners, appraisers, etc.) she can recommend but she provides you with their direct contact information. She is frank, honest and worth every penny. I'm grateful. And, would use her again and again
- Madison JewelersIt was a professional appraisal. He let me know when he was going to have it done and stuck to it. It was a very professional package that came with it for the insurance companies.
- Moving On Services LLCNancy Alberts is the owner. She doesn't charge you anything for the first visit. She was punctual. She is very professional and very knowledgeable. She basically just walked in the house and gave me an idea what to expect from some of the belonging we did have and didn't know any value on. She gave a written estimate about what it would cost for her to take care of the property as far as getting rid of everything. We actually are in a process right now of deciding whether we are going to use her try to sell things based on her recommendation. It was a very positive experience. I felt very comfortable dealing with her
Jewelry Appraisers in Norfolk
- Business Description:We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our membersRecent Review:Great! Patricia arrived at my home at appointed time and was very professional .Dolores C.
- Business Description:Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services todayRecent Review:VERY pleasant! Jewelry was appraised, check was issued (later deposited and cleared), and hospitality was a plus.Ed S.
- Business Description:Began business in 1999, licensed, insured and bonded; an experienced, skilled team plus pre-qualified vendors and sub-contractors. Deposits are required depending on the scope of work, with full payment required in full at the completion of the projectRecent Review:It is with deep sadness that I have to write this review. Nancy was a very likeable person. The first day when the two ladies came to the storage unit, they were on time. I had this idea in my head that we would start on one side of the unit and continue around the unit. The unit was not completely filled and I had two aisles. Instead, they went to the left side, then to the right side, then to the middle. While one lady helped me inside the unit, the other was outside doing the inventory. We eventually stuck to one side and went through the boxes. It started to rain and we had to put everything back in the unit including the trash. Their truck was completely loaded with boxes so there was no room to take trash away the first day. The second day they came to my house to pick up things I had there. Everything went well, as well as going back to the storage unit to finish up where we left off. I was told by Nancy that anything I wanted to keep would be re-wrapped and put in a new box. When I ask one of the ladies about this, she said no. I only had two boxes left after the clean-out that I would have liked to had re-wrapped and placed in new boxes. The same lady did wrap some pictures I had and placed them in a box, but the box was too small and the top could not be closed. She did leave me a few boxes and wrapping paper before she left. The third day all the items were picked up for auction, for charity and for trash. That went well. My items were sold at auction in August and I received my check in October. When I saw the inventory list and what the items were sold for, I was disappointed. Some things sold for more than I thought and others sold for much less. I called the auction company to inquire about items that were not listed and he told me that the things not listed were in the box lots, which there were seven. This included Redskins, NASCAR, and Star Trek memorabilia, which were sold between $5-15 for each box. Then I realized I had three oil paintings (29 x 40 with frames) and a large mirror for a dresser that were not mentioned. I called the auction company back to ask them about this. The man I spoke to was not helpful at all. I called Nancy on 10/28/2020 and she said she was going out there and would check with them and call me back. When I did not hear from her the next day, I called her. And I have been calling her daily since. I call her number and leave messages, I called her answering service, and I went to her website to send a message and nothing. I paid Nancy over $1,000 to clean out the storage and dispose of the items and cleared just under $700 from the auction. My recommendation to you is just call a charity to pick up your items and take the tax deductionDeborah D.
- Business Description:Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shippingRecent Review:your referral is too far away. I'm in CA. They are in NYStacie D.
- Business Description:Virginia Gold Buyers, Inc.
- Business Description:The premier online auction bidding site for selling your valuable antiques, heirlooms and collectibles. Manger Auctions & Estate Sales, a family owned and operated professional auction business, has built a team of friendly, experienced, knowledgeable professionals capable of addressing all your needs related to Estate Sales, Estate Auctions and Senior Relocation. Our knowledge and background ensures that potential buyers, whether they be art investors, collectors, business owners, dealers, o..
- Business Description:Harper's Antiques was established in 1997. Has extensive knowledge of Antiques and all Collectibles, Glasware,Vintage Items, Vintage Mitiary Items, Artwork - Paintings, Prints, Photos, Sculpture. Vintage and antique furniture. Buy and sell Gold and Silver, best prices offered
- Business Description:As a team of "father and son" jewelry artisans, we've been creating and repairing jewelry for decades. Whether designing a new piece from scratch, restyling a priceless heirloom, or repairing a prized possession, we have the willingness and expertise to ensure that all of your jewelry needs are fulfilled. Our mission is to become and remain "your jeweler" by providing our collective skills and expertise directly to you. Visit Raybar Fine Jewelry today and allow us the opportunity to earn your..
- Business Description:We are a full service re-upholstering and refinish shop. We are one of the largest in hampton roads with over 20,000 sq ft dedicated to this industry. we have 12 full time staff,
See all 3 highly rated companies in NorfolkJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
- Fort Eustis
- Virginia Beach
- Newport News
- South Mills
- Knotts Island
- Gloucester Point
- Cape Charles
antique appraisers in Norfolk
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- DAVID NYGAARD FINE JEWELERS754 First Colonial Rd
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- DAVID NYGAARD FINE JEWELERS
- Fisher Precious Metals2151 W. Hillsboro Blvd. Suite 210
Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Fisher Precious Metals
- Ison Furniture2401 High Street
- Ison Furniture
- Madison Jewelers5304 Providence Rd
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Mid-Atlantic Appraisals Claims & Estate Liquid LLC236 Robertson St
- Mister Jewelry5350 KempsRiver Dr Suite 117
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Moving On Services LLC5220 Cobble Hill Rd
- Madison Jewelers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
- New England Appraisers Assoc
- Purple Creek624 HOLLY SPRINGS RD
Holly Springs, North Carolina
- Purple Creek
- Raybar Fine Jewelry277 N Lynnhaven Rd STE 109
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Raybar Fine Jewelry
- Segal and Co Fine Jewelers1401 Greenbrier Pkwy
- Segal and Co Fine Jewelers
- Virginia Gold Buyers, Inc.3916 Portsmouth Blvd
- Virginia Gold Buyers, Inc.
- ZEDD (Ed) Downtown Auction Company201 Westover Ave Unit #203
- ZEDD (Ed) Downtown Auction Company