Leasing solar panels has several pros and cons. While you save money upfront, you also forfeit the benefits that you’d get with purchasing solar panels. Here’s what you need to know to decide whether or not you should lease or buy solar panels.
Get matched with top solar panel companies in New Orleans, LA
There are 6 highly-rated local solar panel companies.
Recent Solar Companies Reviews in New Orleans
- PosiGen Solar Solutionsthanks for completion . Would you please send me information on how to read amount of solar energy was applied to my electric bill since it was very high.
- PosiGen Solar SolutionsThey were very polite, efficient, they work entire time. The only problem was the cover over the attic fan fell off after they left.
- PosiGen Solar SolutionsThe panels were installed on 08/23/2021. I received an email that the city needs to come and complete their inspection. Hurricane Ida blew off 2 of the panels. I'm having difficulty getting anyone on the phone to report it. Please call at (504) 914-7997 2 Marywood Court New Orleans, LA 70128
- Sunpro SolarI had 25 LG solar panels installed by Sunpro this year and they did a fantastic job. The communication was great and the install crew was very professional. It's been awesome watching our electric bill go down!
- Sunpro Solarl spoke with three other solar installation companies and was unhappy with the level of professionalism and the knowledge of the salesperson. I had decided to cancel the idea when I came across Sunpro in an ad. I was attended to immediately, a very impressive assessment was done to analyze the amount of electricity I have been using through the years and exactly how many solar panels I would need to cover my power needs without overpaying for panels that were not needed. Everything was documented for me in a very professionally done color booklet with all the facts, figures, and graphs that made it very easy for me to understand the entire process, costs, benefits, and etc. During this process I was advised what Government rebates were available for the installation of solar panels AND that if a structure was needed to mount the panels to, rebates might also apply to the cost of the structure. We had been considering adding a patio to our home and Sunpro showed us the benefit of building the patio now which would provide the exact location and angle for the panels to capture the maximum amount of sunlight. The entire job was done in a surprisingly short time and the quality was superb. The patio (including stamped and colored concrete) turned out beautifully. Frankly, I don't think I have ever been truly satisfied with any work that has been done on my home until this experience. Even the city inspector remarked at the excellent quality of the work that was being done. In addition, the Sunpro system included making the entire house energy efficient by spraying foam insulation in the attic and sealing the entire house. This extra step (which was never suggested by the other companies) has made an amazing difference in the way the home feels and it allowed for fewer panels needed to provide the power my family requires (saving me money). I have found out since the installation that Sunpro used certain components in their system that were far superior to what the other companies had advised. These small and inexpensive upgrades have made this system far more efficient than what I had been shown by the other companies. The owner of Sunpro provided amazing supervision for the entire job. Sunpro also provided ALL the documentation I needed to apply for the rebates and tax credits. Everything was put in an organized folder to give to my CPA. The entire process went perfectly. Since then, Sunpro has done other work for me that has also been done perfectly. I don't know if solar panels are right for everyone, but this is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. since the installation, I have not pain an electric bill. In fact, at this time the electric company owes me electricity. I might add that in my particular case, the entire project costs LESS than what it would have cost me to build the patio alone. Frankly, it is my policy to NEVER recommend anyone. I have taken the time to write this extensive recommendation only because I am 100% satisfied with the way the job was handled and the quality of the work and materials and the outcome of the entire project
- Sunpro SolarWe have signed our contract to receive solar. Even though we are not getting installed for a few weeks, I want to say how happy we are that we chose SunPro. Wayne always answered my calls or returned them very quickly and always had the most up to date information and answers for my questions AND concerns. Despite a hiccup from another salesman under SunPro, Wayne was still able to accommodate our wants, needs, and concerns. The customer service is top notch. I can't wait to get everything up and running soon
- Sunpro SolarWe contacted four solar contractors prior to starting this job. SunPro sales team was very knowledgeable and professional. Not only did they talk to us about solar energy, they pointed out a lot of obvious inexpensive things that we could do to lower our utility bills prior to installing solar. SunPro had the best warranty and was able to offer us products from well know companies. Other companies tried to sell us solar panels made in China with american names. Installation crew showed up on time everyday and was extremely courteous. They did a pretty good job keeping things clean. Since my installation, I have actually made about 7% more power than they guaranteed that I would
- Sunpro SolarMARC JONES CONSTRUCTION TEAM ARRIVED ON SCHEDULE AND INSTALLED THE SOLAR ARRAY OVER TWO DAYS. ON MONDAY, WE HAD INSPECTION AND A FEW DAYS LATER THE ATTIC WAS INSULATED WITH FOAM TO REDUCE HEAT LOAD ON AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY EXCEPT FOR INADVERTANTLY UNPLUGGING THE SYSTEM CIRCUITBREAKER DURING THE FOAMING OPERATIO
- Sunpro SolarDid our due diligence for solar. Sunpro far surpassed all others. All at the company were knowledgeable, professional, and friendly - from first contact through installation & beyond. Got the most panels for the price also. They made the process seamless and no stress. Communication is great. They let you know what to expect, follow up immediately & every step of the way, & answer any questions. Always easy to contact and could answer any question. Website is full of all the info you need. They also take care of everything - financing contact, energy company, permit, tax documents, inspection, etc. Everything is done as promised & quickly. They do such a great job there is no time to wonder what's happening next. Installation team arrived as expected & worked continuously to completion. Cleaned up so well you can't tell they were here except for the panels on the roof. Answered our questions & were polite & friendly. Greensky is the financing company & is also great to work with. Such a great experience that I wish we had more business to do with them. :) With this type service, I would trust any service connected to Marc Jones & Sunpro. Thanks to Kara our sales rep, Noel in the office that coordinates everything, and all the installation team. You've made us fans. One to avoid: Solar Advantage. Bugged us to death, tried to trick us into going with them; sent long email telling us how awful Sunpro is, which was all untrue. All others contacted in our area no where near came close to Sunpro - with info, professionalism, knowledge, straightforwardness, & follow-up. Note: They plan the panels for $25,000 in order for LA residents to get the full 50% LA rebate ($12,500) & 30% Federal credit ($7,500), leaving $5,000 as our portion
- Sunpro SolarI'd recommend Marc and his team at Sunpro without hesitation to anyone that wants to install solar for their homes. LA has amazing tax credits and consequently there are many solar providers to choose from, and it's difficult to know what the exact differences are between the choices. I used Angie's List and I wholeheartedly agree with the other reviews that Sunpro is extremely efficient, professional and are actually willing to work with you to provide the right solution. Our case is probably at the extreme of what Marc usually sees - we live in a historic district and needed to obtain approval from the Historic Districts and Landmarks Commission (HDLC) to install our system. We did not get approval the first several times, because of the concerns of visibility. Over three or four months of delays and hearings, Marc was always willing to keep me updated, and most importantly, never gave up! Upon appeal the City Council ended up approving the installation. And despite getting approval to install the original system, Marc worked with me to come up with an installation that is more or less camouflaged by our roof, to allay any future concerns. I only have one solar system, so I can't really compare the service I've gotten with another install. But, with a history of extensive renovations to our home, Sunpro has really stood out with their professionalism and efficiency
Solar Panel Installers in New Orleans
- Business Description:Sunpro Solar is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar panel systems in the United States. We have a mission to bring clean and affordable energy to power homes across the nation. Sunpro Solar designs, installs, and maintains solar panels on residential and commercial properties. The Sunpro Solar difference is our ability to provide customers with a phenomenal experience and partner with industry-leading products to deliver the best options to go solar. Our reputation precedes us and ..Recent Review:First of all, we would not choose to install solar if we had it to do over again. If we had been informed, we would have avoided getting sucked into the sales pitch we were given about selling power back to the electric company. Sunpro sales failed to inform us of the paltry pay-back the utility would give us for the power we now generate on their behalf. Basically, the electric company charges thirty times more for power than they pay us for our meter "running backwards". Oh how the solar industry loves to use that term, but what it means at the end of the day is that we are paying on a large loan to generate power for them. Nor were we informed that the loan we took out for solar would be considered by most banks a 2nd mortgage on our property. We had endless problems with Sunpro and would NOT recommend this company to anyone. From the time we signed a contract it took TEN months to get hooked up to the grid! Along the way we had regular and innumerable problems with Sunpro dropping the ball on us, to the point of ridiculousness. We are thoroughly disgusted at this point, especially because the state inspector that finally showed up informed us that we had just that day appeared on the state docket — after being told by SunPro that they had submitted the inspection request weeks prior. We kept hearing things from the SunPro office that turned out to be false. There were multiple problems with the administrative offices of this company — while we feel that the ground crews did a good job when they were here for installation work. Here is the list of issues we've had with this company — 1 - The salesman did not convey the complexity of our installation — either to us (ahead of signing) or to the SunPro staff so that they could assess the installation ahead of time. This resulted in confusion and delays, and a less than optimal execution vis a vis protecting our trees. 2 - There were multiple miscommunications on SunPro's part that resulted in project delays. We often felt that it was only through our own diligence that information got conveyed between involved entities, to wit: SunPro's various teams, our electric company, and government offices. 3 - Our installation was supposedly scheduled, and we were ready and waiting at home for the crew... which never showed up. In following up, we learned that our "account manager" had spaced it out. This resulted in another two weeks' delay. 4 - On a regular basis we were told we would receive call-backs from SunPro staff to update us on status and in answer to our questions. Frequently we did not receive promised phone calls from the seven different "account managers" that were assigned to us (including at least one supervisor). We found it surprising and confusing that we kept hearing, "I'm your new account manager." This shuffling between staff members demonstrably contributed to delays and misinformation. We ultimately found out that we'd been lied to about inspection scheduling, resulting in six more weeks delay. While it is still unclear which SunPro entity was responsible for the misinformation we received, we definitely lost trust in the company's word. 5 - The incompetence we've suffered at the hands of this company has also cost us in much wasted personal time, and stress. If it weren't for our time-consumptive monitoring of the situation and our constant follow-through, who knows how much longer the delays would have been??? 6 - The installation crew was not provided with either training or the type of equipment that could have prevented damage to tree roots on our property — trees that are very important in terms of both property value and environmental benefits in a desert climate. We cannot recommend Sunpro Solar. While we appreciated the two installation crews who did a good job, the administrative-level problems were continuous and daunting, up to the very end. Our impression is that this company jumped into the home solar market without having sufficient infrastructure in place to support its customers. As is so often the case, accountability to the consumer has been sacrificed on the altar of company profitsCaroline M.
- Business Description:Sunlight Contractors is your one stop shop for spray foam insulation, residential and commercial energy reduction, and roofing. Louisiana State Licensing Board Of Contractors. License 58525. 882060. 250540. Building Performance Institute certified Gold Star contractor #1014667. Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance certified "Project Manager" & Certified "Master Spray Foam Installer".License # S0022Recent Review:We used Sunlight Contractors to replace the overhang on our front porch. Ira and his team did a great job and his team were in contact communication with us, which was wonderful. They worked hard, cleaned up, and completed the projects quickly and as scheduled. The overhang looks fantastic and now has a slope that prevents water build-up. They did such a great job and were quick and efficient. We would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to have any type of roof repairMegan M.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Owner operated. No subs. Cost determined by the hour or job.Recent Review:Called at 6:45am. Was here at 8:15am! Replaced fuse and weak capacitor. Working fine now. Happy with service. Would hire again.Richard & Karen A.
- Business Description:As a BPI Gold Star Contractor, Diversified Energy is the Gulf South leader in integrated residential and commercial energy solutions, building performance diagnostic testing, and HVAC services. In fact, Diversified Energy is the only local company to be recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy and EPA for improving energy efficiency and comfort for three years runningRecent Review:Great company. They really understood the science and materials, and the owner has been in the energy efficiency business for a long time. They were very conscientious on the job, did excellent work and cleaned up everything when they were done. I highly recommend themDewey S.
- Business Description:Want to go green on your home or business? Perhaps, just some peace of mind. We do it all. We offer LED lighting services, solar installation and maintenance, security cameras and ring doorbells, sound and entertainment systems and generator installation and car charging stations. More than 30+ years experience between our 2 owners. Licensed and insured.Recent Review:The job went very well and we feel that we got the best quality equipment at a fair market price. Communications with them was very clear and efficient. We would definitely call them back for all our video and audio needsDavid V.
- Business Description:228-863-4819 Gulf Coast Patio & Screen is the PREMIER BUILDING CONTRACTOR of patio covers,screen rooms,swimming pool enclosures,awnings,sunrooms,carports,decks,concrete,screen enclosures,awnings,carports,decks,aluminum patio cover kits.Visit www.gulfcoastpatioandscreen.com to see our beautiful work.We have been serving the coast since 1986.We are LIC. & INSURED.Mississippi building contractor LIC.#R08608.Call today for a FREE ESTIMATRecent Review:Professional, timely, and helpful. Needed a deck rebuilt after my previous stairs/deck had dry rotted. They came quickly, gave me a fair price, and it has held up well.Amy M.
- Business Description:PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, LA, with the mission of making a positive financial impact on the lives of homeowners. PosiGen has Solar, Storage, Energy Effeiciency and Roofing offerings that are fit for all homeowners. Whether you are ready to replace your roof, or simply ready to put your roof to work, PosiGen is a great option for customers looking to build whole home solutions that fit any budget.Recent Review:They were very polite, efficient, they work entire time. The only problem was the cover over the attic fan fell off after they left.Jenny G.
- Business Description:For over 30 years, Doug’s Service Company has been providing New Orleans with quality plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical services. Whether you need a simple fix or a more complex in-home system project, such as electrical upgrades or complete HVAC replacements, their expert technicians can handle them all. The company is committed to meeting all your needs and exceeding expectations. As a second generation family-run business, Doug’s knows what it takes to keep homes safe, ef..Recent Review:(2019) Disappointed in Doug's Service Company's incredibly inflated plumbing bill. Overpriced! (2020 update) Last year, I expressed how inflated Dougs Plumbing bill was. This was in a rental. Well the tenants just told us, "Water has been seeping under the floor where that toilet was 'repaired." Hubby, who finally has some vacation, went to Thibodaux to check it out. Apparently the "Master Plumber" didn't want to repair the flange last year. He simply added a wax ring - didn't remove the other wax ring. That's what I was charged $366 for - a wax ring. The floor was 2 years old. Hubby had to replace that. I'd love to put a pic of his beautiful work, but don't want it mistaken as work by Doug. I attempted to upload pictures of the shoddy work. Not sure where they went. Be sure, I'll post them somewhere. Doug's plumber for this particular job was not Master Plumber work. And, as a landlord, I'm very aware of plumbing prices. I continue to state, "OVERPRICED!tami d.
- Business Description:Robertson Roofing & Siding Inc. is a professional roofing and siding company that has been in business for over 31 years. We are family owned and operated, and over the years we have built a reputation of honesty and integrityRecent Review:No communication from contractor yet.Mo M.
Deals in New Orleans for Solar Panels
Explore our Solution Center for helpful solar panel installer articles
If you’re making the switch to solar energy, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is choosing between solar panels and solar shingles. Here’s what you need to know before you decide which option is right for your home.
What are the best states for solar energy? As the popularity of solar energy rises, the cost falls, making solar power accessible to many homes throughout the United States. Discover the top five states with the best infrastructure for solar panels.
Find solar panel companies in
- Belle Chasse
- Bridge City
- River Ridge
- Saint Bernard
solar panel companies in New Orleans
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cajun Electric1500 Government Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Carpenter's Complete Inc206 Aris Ave
- Clean Green Solar Power3110 Magazine St., #120-B
New Orleans, Louisiana
- CMR Construction & Roofing320 Somerulos St
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Comfort Engineered Systems Inc1050 S Jefferson Davis Pkwy. Ste 205
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Comfort Specialists2717 Midden dr.
- custom works unlimited15192 highway 22
- Cajun Electric
- DiGiovanni Construction Company,LLCPO Box 964
- Diversified Energy771 S Prieur Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Dixie Construction Services LLC1725 Celtic Dr
- Doug's Service Company1459 Tiger Dr
- Dusty’s Service LLC1047 Ronald Reagan Hwy
- DiGiovanni Construction Company,LLC
- Faciane Electrical Services LLC3625 Peachtree St
- Faciane Electrical Services LLC
- Home Energy Optimizers1918 Constance Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Home Energy Optimizers
- Joule Solar Energy701 S Alexander St
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Joule Solar Energy
- Keefe's Air Conditioning & Heating Inc2233 Lafayette Ave
- Keefe's Air Conditioning & Heating Inc
- Sader Power Enterprises LLC1539 Jackson Ave Suite 200
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Solar Advantage, LLC534 Oaklawn Dr.
- Solar O+M643 Magazine St
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Solar Power Today3979 Hwy 190 Suite A
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- SolarTEK Energy of Louisiana2912 Metairie Rd.
- South Coast Solar LLC2605 Ridgelake Dr
- Structure Green1933 E Flonacher Rd
- Sunlight Contractors2323 Bainbridge St Suit 110
- Sunpro Solar22171 MCH Road
- Superior Services A/C Electric & Plumbing2514 Front St
- Sustainable Services77 CR 1317
- Sader Power Enterprises LLC
- Vista Solar Contractors LLC1268 Destrehan Avenue
- Vista Solar Contractors LLC