If you’re reshingling your roof, you may be wondering whether you should repair or replace your skylights while you’re at it too. We’ll cover the best way to handle your skylights, along with other considerations like cost and lifespan.
Get matched with top skylight installers in Nashville, TN
There are 15 highly-rated local skylight installers.
Recent Skylight Installation Reviews in Nashville
- Professional Roofers IncPERFECT! We are delighted with the service for a several thousand dollar install of operable skylights. Previous to this last job, Professional Roofers have come to our home and performed roof repairs and analysis of issues including H-Vac and installing new Roof fans. We think that they are the gold standard
- Showalter Roofing Service, Inc.From the beginning TCS has been friendly, informative, competitive, and professional. Our aging 20 year old 3-tab shingle roof needed replacing, as did many of the wooden soffits and fascia original to the 1980-built house (so, some serious rot). We decided to get 6 bids due to the anticipated expense of the project and necessary expertise. TCS had a bid price for the roof just below average for everyone else, and we especially liked that the bid itemized expenses so we could really see the cost of the roof, the gutters, the soffits and fascia, the window siding, and the skylight install. This allowed us to select which were priority items based on our budget (they offered an estimate for a wooden porch replacement we opted to deal with later). We also enjoyed interacting with James and Donnie more than any other contractor. James seriously knows his stuff and is thorough with photographed documentation of the problems that needed addressing, so we never felt skeptical of his suggestions and believed the cost reasonable. Donnie has a keen eye and was very particular with exterior wood replacement and skylight installation. The result was very professional work that took into account our own concerns vision. Given the scale of our project and the length of time we will be living here, we were quite hands-on with product selection, so the bid was updated several times and took about two months until construction. However, James was incredibly patient as we confirmed or purchased products and gave his advice on particular products costs and performance. The result was an educational experience and a superior construction job, and we feel we have found a permanent company for future needs and repairs. It was honestly a pleasant and relaxed experience working with the TCS crew, and we hope they felt the same way. I think they are proud of the finished job, and they should be. A work summary is below. Roof: Replaced a 3-tab shingle roof with GAF architectural charcoal shingles. Included replacing decayed rubber boots around pipes with metal boots, and they painted boots and pipes black to blend in with the roof. Soffits and fascia: Original wood fascia of the house was rotting away. We replaced it with aluminum-wrapped soffits. Wood soffits were replace with very nice vinyl ones with more ventilation to help cool the attic and reduce wood maintenance effort. Speaking of the attic, they also braced a split roof truss for us to ensure stability. Gutters: Old 4-inch gutters got clogged frequently. We upgraded to 6-inch gutters and downspouts to better handle increasingly heavy rainfall. One of the gutters leaked shortly after install, but a call to TCS had them out within days to fix the work. Siding: We have a bay window that faces west, so all of the wood has just decayed over the years. TCS replaced it with hardie board and painted it white to match the new soffits Skylights: We have a very dark hallway and looked into Velux sun tunnels as an option for natural light. We bought the size we wanted and Donnie installed them in between frequent rains of April. We opted for a rigid rather than flexible tube system which was the main materials change I was adamant about, but they did a stellar job installing and how we have bright, natural light in our hallway and kitchen. Porch posts: Our front porch is held up by for traditional Colonial style posts that were hollow and destroyed by wood peckers. We acquired new octagon columns from a wood shop, and TCS installed them and removed the colonial posts. We're now resting easy not worrying about a sudden porch/roof collapse. Bonus: Given the time and effort they were spending on our home exterior, they offered to replace our rusted porch ceiling lights for free if we supplied new ones. We bought some flush-mount fixtures and now have bright LED porch lights that match other dark accents. Chimney cap: James was the only one of six contractors to point out that we needed chimney repair. We suspect a past chimney fire cracked the lining and will probably require work within the chimney in addition to the cap. We did not take his repair bid at this time because it would be a shame if their craftsmanship had to be destroyed for interior repairs. He gave us some contacts, though, with whom we will follow up this summer for a thorough inspection. Still though, you would think other roof contractors working around a chimney would say something (James showed us photos). The house has long-deferred maintenance that we are finally addressing, hence the extensive work done by TCS. Initially the project seemed overwhelming, but James and Donnie were excellent at guiding the process, and we are extremely happy with their work. I recommend them and will certainly look into their service again as needed. Thank you to James, Donnie, and their whole crew! I will try to upload some photos when I get better perspectives from the before and after
- SmithCo Property Restoration Group IncSmithco was one of three firms from which we obtained eastimates for replacement of storm damaged shingle roofing. Jacob Viktor, the Smithco representative was very professional, courteous and responsive. He patiently helped us select the quality and color of shingles that would work best. He did not try and sell unnecessary options such as copper flashing which one of the other firms did. After we selected SmithCo, Jacob kept us well-informed during the installation process. He was always responsive to our calls and questions.SmithCo's installation crew was professional , punctual and did a first-class job. They cleaned up thoroughly after the installation. We were very pleased with our experience with SmithCo. The quality of the work, and the responsveness and professionalism of their rep, Jacob Viktor, were impressive. I also need to mention that they did the job for substantially less than the other companies quoted us
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleGreat! Easy scheduling, great service. Showed me a video of the roof areas to see where maintenance would be performed to take care of problems. Provided advice and estimate for replacement of two skylights
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleI had 3 bids that were pretty close to each other. He was just very responsive, knowledgeable and impressive. It seemed like his company would be here for a while, too, to honor warranties. They seemed to be a little more stable in my opinion. I would give him an "A" without hesitation and I'm pretty picky. When I give someone an "A" it's probably an "A++++"
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleI called Bone Dry after March 2012 hailstorm. The owner of company from Indianapolis (Gene) came out and met with me and did a very thorough roof evaluation and bid (spent much more time really scoping out the job than any of the other bidders). He also helped me understand the insurance claim process. I had the most confidence in this company right from the start. Once I had three bids, I spoke with Billy Fitzwilson who was able to work with me on their bid a bit, since they were my first choice. It took awhile for me to make decisions about how I wanted to do things, and they were very patient with me, and even sent their crew boss, Dustin, to do some temporary work to stop a few leaks. Billy also came back to put some sample shingles on the roof for me to pick a color. We had what could have been a complicated issue with a longstanding leak around an electrical pole in a valley, and I'd had conflicting advice about what to do about it. Plan A would have cost many thousands more. Bone Dry recommended Plan B, even though they would make less money, with assurances that they would stand by their work if Plan A turns out to have been necessary. Once a plan was in place and a contract signed, they got me on the schedule pretty darn quick. Their communication was excellent. I have Billy and Dustin's cell phones and they have both been great about keeping me informed about everything. They respond to texts and answer questions no matter what the hour. Based on my dealings with these guys, I am willing to bet that either of them would come by in a hurry if I ever have any problems with the roof (though based on the quality of their work, I certainly don't expect any). After all my months of consternation (with my own indecision that is) the results look fantastic, and last night's huge storm passed over without a single drop of water getting in the house. Impressive result with as many skylights as we had. I expected at least something to need a little tweaking, but they lived up to their name and our place was dry as a bone, for the first time in a long time... The crew (about 8 guys) were hard-working, efficient, courteous, and clearly took a lot of pride in their work. The manangement seems to have a great relationship with the hands-on guys, and they showed a lot of mutual consideration and respect for each other.Though I've owned many homes over the years, this was the first really big repair I've had to deal with. They walked me through it, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. My husband isn't a fixit type, so they dealt with me, and they were extra considerate and understanding of my need to talk about every last detail of the project a lot, take a ridiculous amount of time decisions, etc. A lot of guys would have been rolling their eyes after what I put them through, but they were responsive and courteous throughout. (And I'm old and fat, in case you think looks mighta had something to do with that! ;) I saw one person mention something about responsiveness recently, and that guy can blame me. With Billy and Dustin on speed dial, I have probably been monopolizing all their time lately... But I'm here to tell ya that I'm one happy customer. So much so that I've hired them to do the roof on my elderly Dad's house too. And probably will have them do a little rental I have in East Nashville one of these days too. My only wish is that they would also offer handyman, electrical, construction, deck, landscaping and pool maintnance services so I could use 'em for everything and quit worrying so much (but if they read this, I bet NOW they are rolling their eyes!). Hire them. You won't be sorry :
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleBilly showed up on time and was very courteous. The crew completed all my repairs in two days. All of the debris was removed - you could not tell they had just replaced my entire roof. I was very pleased with the service performed by Bone Dry Roofing. I highly recommend this company.
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleI called Bone Dry and scheduled roof inspection after I noticed a leak from one of our skylights. The scheduling process was effortless and Dustin was out within just a few days to check out our roof. He provided a thorough assessment of the work that needed to be done and provided a very fair estimate to complete the work. However, I was on Angie's List after the fact and realized that Bone Dry was offering a "deal" for the same service I needed. Before purchasing the service on Angie's List, I emailed and asked Dustin if they would honor it since technically it would have been outside of the terms of agreement for the discounted rate. He agreed to do so. Within 8 days, one of Bone Dry's repairmen was at my house completing the work...and, considering the record snowfalls we had last week, that was a very quick turnaround. I trust that the quality of their work was on par with my expectations, based on their overall professionalism I don't have any doubts...I'm just not the type to climb on my roof to inspect it
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleWent very well. I have flat roof and the skylight is very high in the atrium area though this leak has been addressed by others in the past it has not worked.
- Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. - NashvilleMore building contractors should have production supervisors like Dustin Sullivan. He provided exemplary service & workmanship from job quote through to finishing the inside trim on our new skylights. There were weather delays (expected for this time of year) & a problem with one of the skylights damaged (immediately reordered) at the warehouse where they were purchased. Both situations of course no fault of Bone Dry Roofing. However, Dustin ensured to keep us in the loop with regard to the events delaying installation. The actual day of installation was brutally hot, but Dustin & one of his crew installed the skylights flawlessly & carefully cleaned up the work site when done. He even cleaned the glass of the new skylights! I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend the services of Bone Dry Roofing or Dustin Sullivan as supervisor for any roofing project large or small
Skylight Installers in Nashville
- Business Description:Veteran Owned and Operated Business specializing in Roofing & Remodeling since 2011. Best prices for the quality! We Are Roofing! WAR!Recent Review:Fantastic work! My roof was damaged, and WAR Roofing did a great job at cleaning it up. Can’t even tell there was a problem!Tyler B.
- Business Description:Financing available. Additional contact name - Dan Ford. Additional phone numbers - (615) 656-5228, (615) 208-2508, (615) 567-3377, (615) 567-3356.Recent Review:This service, like two previous services from Ford Roofing for roof leaks, went very well. This is the third time I have used Ford Roofing and they have always provided excellent service at a fair price. Their team leader Kevin Tuders is very easy to work with and provides very helpful information. I highly recommend Ford Roofing for roofing servicesTHOMAS D.
- Business Description:Nashville's Trusted Hometown ROOFING PROS! 11,866 customers served, and counting. Tim Leeper Roofing is an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, and has been endorsed by Bobby Bones, Ralph Bristol, and Dave Ramsey with a consistent theme of earning trust from their community. Whether your roofing needs are residential or commercial, repair or replacement, Tim Leeper Roofing can ensure that your job is done properly, affordably, and in a timely mannerRecent Review:I highly recommend Tim Leeper Roofing. I had an emergency repair need, and they responded immediately and got someone out to me quickly. The repair they made looks seamless to me... you'd never know there had been a problem. They were very communicative about their arrival time, what they found when they inspected my roof, and what they did to repair it. Will definitely use them againJennifer P.
- Business Description:Music City Maintenance and Services is dedicated to providing quality services. We offer Interior and Exterior Painting and Staining services. We are dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction! We pride ourselves in the work we do. We would be happy to help you fulfill your projects! Please call or click for a free estimate todayRecent Review:Awesome. Great crew with attention to detailphil s.
- Business Description:Sullivan Home Service has been serving the Middle Tennessee area since 1992. Steve Sullivan takes great pride in his craft and has a lengthy career in home restoration and remodeling in many of Middle Tennessee's finest homes. Please call (615) 593-7394 for the quickest response. From a honey-do list to a complete kitchen remodel, he does it all. Every home needs a handyman. Let Sullivan Home Service be yours! **Proud winner of the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Angie's List Super Service Award**Recent Review:Steve did an outstanding job. He not only took the time to meet me at Supply store to show me supply options for the job he also made sure I had clear understanding of the project. The project turned out far better than I expectedtoni d.
- Business Description:We are a licensed class C general contractor specializing in custom carpentry, home improvement, and renovation. We have 45 years combined experience, and we take pride in our work as a craft. This is a family business from start to finishRecent Review:Jason and his dad did a top notch job. Great workmanship. Professional and friendly. Highly recommend them. Will definitely higher them again for my next projectjackie z.
- Business Description:Servicing the Nashville community and surrounding areas for roofing, roofing repairs, gutters, gutter covers, insulation needs. Free estimates and inpsections. Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. Family-owned business. Open Monday through Friday. Emergency service available 24 / 7.Recent Review:The contractor showed up on time for the appointment and was polite. Although his company did not do the type work I needed done, his advice was helpful.Anthony E.
- Business Description:As a 2017 Super Service Award Winner, Milliken's Roofing has more than 25 years personal experience in roofing and construction, Jason meets with every customer himself, and completes a 23 point inspection to ensure excellence before any payment is ever processed. This is a standard Jason insists upon for Milliken’s Roofing, because, in his own words, “we pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service.Recent Review:I am updating a previous review put up in error. Millikan’s Roofers have made everything right. Thanks.RoseAnne C.
- Business Description:Bill Ragan Roofing Company is a licensed, bonded, and insured local roofing company. Additional contact - Taffy Ragan At Bill Ragan Roofing Company, you will receive the exceptional Nashville roofing services that you deserve.Recent Review:Over the last 2 plus years, Regan Roofing has replaced a roof on my personal home and rental property. They offered a selection of styles and roofing systems that worked with our budget on both properties. The crew came as expected and completed the job in a timely manner. The work looked great and improved the value of my home (and rental property). Since the roof replacements, we moved to another house where we discovered a fairly severe leak on day four after move in. I called Bill at Regan Roofing the next day. He looked at the roof and had the area patched in less than 24 hours and repaired a few days later at a very fair fee. If you need a roof I confidently recommend this company. Regan Roofing is a shining example of professionalism, service and integrity. Joel H. Nashville, TJoel H.
- Business Description:Home Services Company located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. We've been helping homeowners improve on or install new home features; increasing both their property value and quality of living space. So thank you for visiting our site and please take a moment to look through our page to see if there's any way that we could be of help to you too! Looking for a way to enjoy that outdoor patio or deck, without baking in the Middle Tennesee sun? Well then take a glance at our line of superb ..Recent Review:Very well. Sean was courteous and professional. The only problem I had was that my original consultation had to be rescheduled. The scheduler said she would call me back with a new date, but I did not hear back from her for about three weeks. So I called again a few days ago and was given a date ( today) promptlyJudy M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful skylight installer articles
Adding a skylight is a home improvement that lets natural light in a room. Whether to use a pro or tackle the job depends on your experience with DIY projects.
Dormers, additions with windows protruding from a home's roof, provide a remodeling option to increase interior space for bedrooms, bathrooms and closets.
Find skylight installers in
- Whites Creek
- Old Hickory
- La Vergne
- Mount Juliet
- Ashland City
- Kingston Springs
skylight installers in Nashville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Plus A Exteriors Roofing Inc8212 Nash Rd
- A&J Handyman Service1412 Brick Church Pike
- Abele Custom Carpentry and Remodeling Co.735 Sneed Rd W
- Ablend Roofing628 Transit Ave
- Allen's Roofing and Repair Specialist5104 Lanarenee Court
- Alpha Omega Construction Group, Inc.6112 New Nashville Hwy
- American Window Cleaning304 Brock Way
Spring Hill, Tennessee
- Arrow Roofing & Solar123 S Church St
- Ashbusters Chimney Service5537 Edmondson Pike Ste 37
- A Plus A Exteriors Roofing Inc
- B & C Home Improvement2740 Painted Pony Dr
- Best Tech Construction9731 Jupiter Forest Dr.
- Bill Ragan Roofing Company, LLC 2969 Armory Dr
- Bill's Contracting & Remodeling1043 Hogan Branch Rd
- Bret Rideout Repairs & Renovations LLCPO Box 90172
- Bruce Roofing1944 Dorchester Dr
- Bryan's handyman service231 Bonnafield Dr
- BUILDERS WINDOW SUPPLY INC2916 Sidco Dr
- B & C Home Improvement
- Classic Handyman Co Inc306 46th Ave N.
- Coppertect/Skywalker Roofing & Construction2126 Brookwood Ln
- Cre8ive Construction1316 8th Street
Old Hickory, Tennessee
- Crownover Construction & Roof Repair406 north college st
- Custom Remodeling & General Builders100 Village Green Rd
- Classic Handyman Co Inc
- Ginn General Contractor2216 Center Point Rd
- Ginn General Contractor
- Homes By Heritage3628 Wareham Dr
THOMPSONS STATION, Tennessee
- Homes By Heritage
- Keystone Partners LLC823 N Thompson Ln
- Keystone Partners LLC
- Maple Ridge Group, Inc.PO Box 959
- Maxsus Inc Roofing & Restoration1233 Buford HWY
- MHI Construction102 Hazel Path Ste 4
- Middle Tennessee Remodelers LLC221 Bixby Private Ln
- Middle TN Solar & Skylights902 Regalwood Court
- Milliken's Roofing1327 Pennock Ave
- Music City Maintenance and Services1218 Highway 48 S
- Myatt Construction LLC165 Belle Forest Cir # A
- Maple Ridge Group, Inc.
- Page Const. Co. LLC2600 Trotwood Ave
- Payne Construction1041 Willow Trail
- Pinnacle Construction LLC5510 E Division St
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- Premier Roofing Of Middle Tennessee LLC5543 Edmondson Pike Ste 228
- Professional Roofers Inc321 Billingsly Ct Ste 13
- Page Const. Co. LLC
- Quality Homeworks3914 East Ridge Drive
- Quality Homeworks
- Shawn's Home Improvement8527 Biggs Rd
- Showalter Roofing Service, Inc.2727 Fairview Blvd Suite B
- SKILL SUPPLY1550 River Rock Blvd
- Smith Construction 663125-B Sweethome Rd.
- SmithCo Property Restoration Group Inc653 Debbie Drive
- SOLARWISE LIGHT CONCEPTS INC2032 Bratton Place Dr
- Southern Style Roof & Home Exterior4376 Cannonwood Ct
- STRUCTURAL ROOFING2325 Jamie Cir
- Sumner Roofing & Exteriors115 Powell Dr
- Shawn's Home Improvement
- Unites States Roofing, Inc695 Nashville Pike
- Unites States Roofing, Inc
- VELER Design-Build General Contractor1512 Corder Dr
- VELER Design-Build General Contractor