If you are thinking about installing a new acrylic tub surround, here are some things to consider to make the most of this valuable bathroom upgrade.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Milwaukee, WI
There are 25 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Milwaukee
- Mad City Windows & BathsWe could not be happier with our decision to put in a new tub and surround from Mad City Bath. I feel like I am in a luxury hotel when in the shower. The fact that it could be done in one day sealed the deal. I've had friends pick "the other guys" and their tub over a tub method, and we were so glad we did not go that route. Would recommend Mad City to anyone looking to update their bathroom
- Mad City Windows & BathsMad city did a wonderful job me and my family enjoy our new tub and shower 🚿😀I'm glad we chose them
- Mad City Windows & BathsGreat sale experience! Took the time to go through options, and set expectations that were exceeded. Installation was great as well! The sent out someone when it worked for my schedule. Will be using again for other projects! This was for a bathtub and surround replacement
- Exterior ProsFantastic. The installers Eric and Ryan are very professional and knowledgeable. They have great expertise in what they do. The installation had a couple of unexpected situations on the first day and they worked through them like they were part of the regular installation. They found that they needed more people to hoist the window into place and we had the supervisor and with one call he made there were enough people to to get it into place in about 15 minutes. I would highly recommend this group and Exterior Pros in all of your home improvement projects inside and out
- Mad City Windows & BathsMadCity replaced all of the windows in my house. I was very happy with the experience, from the initial sales call to the installation. There was an unavoidable delay in getting the windows (due to the pandemic) but installation went quickly and was finished in 1 day. The installers were efficient and respectful. One of my windows (a large picture window) arrived at the warehouse damaged, but they were in contact right away and are in process of getting that window replaced. I would highly recommend working with MadCity
- Mad City Windows & BathsThe jobs went well. The end product and customer service was what we expected. Very happy with the end product.
- Mad City Windows & BathsWe really love what they did. The staff is professional and friendly. Easy to deal with. Customer Service was very responsive.
- Mad City Windows & BathsWe got 11 Windows installed (entire house). The job took only 1 day to complete. Material and work quality are some of the best available. Price is a bit high, but you pay for what you get.
- Mad City Windows & BathsThe salesman was very professional and covered all details with me. On the day of the scheduled install they arrived promptly but were unaware they were second floor windows and a third floor repair so he had to cancel. They were able to reschedule another crew the next day and they arrived promptly as well and got right to work. Each member of the team had a responsibility and they worked together perfectly. One of the window openings was not square so the installer had to work longer on that window to make sure it fil just right and slid open without binding. When they completed they did a great job cleaning up
- Mad City Windows & BathsThe team was very professional. They got the windows done fast and cleaned everything up just like they promised.
Bathtub Refinishers in Milwaukee
- Business Description:Now Offering A COVID-19 Stimulus Program • $0 down • Up to $2,000 in immediate cash rebates • 12 months no payment, no interest program that rolls into a low payment, low interest plan as low as 2.99%! • Now offering VIRTUAL/REMOTE consultations We are a locally owned and operated basement finishing specialist servicing the Chicagoland area. Our focus is providing clients with a clear, upfront vision of expectations through a design/build approach. Our free design service provides potential c..Recent Review:[This review is purely related to the initial consultation, and I can't comment on the quality of their actual work] We wanted to finish up our basement so I started to research contractors. Matrix was the first company we reached out to. They had great reviews, great financing options, and it seemed like they had great experience. However, the initial conversation created so many red flags that we decided not to move forward with them. To make things easier, I figured I'd just give bullet points so it's easier to digest. This conversation is broken down into two parts, the initial walk-through and the presentation. Basement Walk-through: -They canceled my first appointment, scheduled a second one and the guy came about hour and half late. Not a big deal, as I get rush hour traffic can be a pain. -During the basement walk through, he tells me certain things are not up to code, though our building was built in 2011 so I don't see how that's possible. Seemed like some sort of scare tactic. (Red Flag 1) -He then tells me that they won't do any projects with a permit. I tell him that everything I read online tells me that I should not do this without a permit. He goes on to tell me that 90% of their projects are done without a permit, plus the lead time to get a permit is super longer, and the inspector might find some things that aren't up to code which would create more issues for me. (Red Flag 2) -He tells me that we would just need to buy the toilet, the bathroom vanity, and the utility sink we wanted. His team would then install all of this for us. Maybe I'm ignorant in that this is the first company we are talking to, but I thought the contractor would show us ideas, give us an invoice, and do the rest from there. He told us to just go to Home Depot and buy the materials needed. (Red Flag 3) -So I ask, since they're a design company, do they just hire a bunch of sub contractors to do the job relative to their design? He said they do everything in house and they don't use sub contractors. (Not a flag in the moment, but after research it seems like this was lie) Sales Presentation: -Finally it came down to the sales presentation, and these are the moments that created the most flags. -He first shares how amazing this company is, and all the various things they have accomplished. He also shares a brochure with me, which funny enough, on the back page said they do everything up to code and per city requirements. (Red Flag 4) -I tell him my main concern is that they don't want me to follow the city's protocol by getting a permit. He gets his boss on the phone, and he is more smug than this guy in front of me, and goes on to tell me that legally I'm required to get a permit but it's not an efficient use of their company's time to get a permit. I tell him that should the city find out I did this project without a permit, I think I would be fined and may even be asked to tear down the entire project, and I would face all liabilities. He confidently tells me that if the city finds out, it falls on the contractor not the owner of the home. So I said, "you want me to move forward on something that's actually illegal", they said yes. (Red Flag 5). -Now came time to discuss the numbers, and as a finance guy, the main moment I've been waiting for. He first gives me an initial quote of 48k, he then tells me that with the current promos/rebates, it comes down to 44k. I told him that this seems a bit high, given we're only going with a half bathroom, and not getting a wetbar, and only framing 75% of the basement (the full basement size is only 700 sq ft). He said they like to incentivize customers that sign with them the same day, as it makes them more efficient, so if I were to move forward on this today it would be 37k. I asked to see an itemized list of costs, and he said he can't provide that and no contractor ever would. (Red Flag 6) -I told him that I feel I need to do more due diligence around this, as I need to research the permit requirements, and also get a second or third opinion around this as this is my first time inquiring about this project. -He gets his boss on the phone again to discuss if they can do better on the price. This boss tells me his salesman has had a rough month, and he has a few more appointments tomorrow, and he wants to make sure he is happy when he goes to these appointments. So he's going to do something special for me that's never done before. He tells the sales guy some random numbers, and the sales guy says he can now offer this project for 34k, but we would need to sign up today. (Red Flag 7) -I told him I'm not a fan of these high pressure sales situations where you have to sign up today, and if we don't, we don't get the better pricing. I told him this is very analogous to time share pitches, where they say all the right things so that you sign a contract you can't get out of. I explained that if they are very confident in their product and services, they should give their customers time to digest all the information, and not penalize them for not signing up the same day. Pricing should be consistent whether we move forward today, or 3 months from now. He goes on to tell me how great of company they are, and the quality of work they do. I mean they have done 8k homes already, so what's the need to have reservation. I tell him the reservation comes from them not wanting me to get a permit (though every site and their brochure tells me this is a requirement), the fact we started at 47k and now are at 34k tells me I'm probably paying more of a premium than I need to, lastly the biggest issue is that they don't want me to do any more research around what I consider to be a big project. -He tells me if I go with another contractor, then how would I know if they actually did what they were suppose to do? I asked him, how would I know you guys did what you were suppose to do? He goes back to how great of a company they are, which isn't the answer to the question he actually posed. (Red Flag 8). -After my prudent questioning, he realized I wasn't going to move forward. I told him I might still move forward with them after I do my research but definitely not before then. I asked he email me the quote plus the contract. If it all looks good, I'd be happy to give you my business. He said he would have both of these to me in a couple of days. It's been about 3 weeks since I saw him and still have yet to receive anything. (Red Flag 9) -Last week someone from Matrix texted me to see if I'd like to move forward. I responded by saying I have yet to receive the quote and contract which was suppose to be emailed to me weeks ago. No response after that (Red Flag 10). In summary, I can't comment on their quality of work, however the amount of flags that came up during the first meeting was alarming. I work in sales too, and the pricing of my services doesn't change if someone becomes my client today or in the future. Though they offer amazing financing options, I think they bundle in those costs into their final price, which I don't blame them for (they are a for-profit business at the end of the day). My issue is the lack of transparency related to pricing, high pressure sales tactics, not wanting to follow city requirements (effectively start an illegal project), and not sending me any contract/quote for me to review. I could only imagine that all of the highly rated reviews are from people where price is not an issue, didn't have enough capital to do projects like this out of pocket so they were sold on the affordability of the monthly payment rather than the total cost of the project, or just believed everything these salesman say and didn't want to miss out on the amazing "savings". I won't say you shouldn't explore your options with Matrix, rather, exercise EXTREME caution and prudence.Harman M.
- Business Description:Exterior Pros is a locally owned & operated company based in Sussex, WI. Serving Southeastern Wisconsin, we strive to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on building our business primarily through satisfied customer referrals. Award winningRecent Review:Fantastic. The installers Eric and Ryan are very professional and knowledgeable. They have great expertise in what they do. The installation had a couple of unexpected situations on the first day and they worked through them like they were part of the regular installation. They found that they needed more people to hoist the window into place and we had the supervisor and with one call he made there were enough people to to get it into place in about 15 minutes. I would highly recommend this group and Exterior Pros in all of your home improvement projects inside and outHolly P.
- Business Description:BATH FITTER of Milwaukee is Wisconsin's leading one day bath remodeling company. We offer customer made acrylic bath tub liner, free standing acrylic bath tubs, tub-to-shower conversions and one piece shower enclosures. Our products are custom made to fit over existing fixtures or are made to replace an existing tub or shower, for quick and clean bathroom renovations that will last a lifetime. With our tub to shower conversions, we can convert your existing tub into a mobility friendly walk i..Recent Review:My installers Steve Amborn & Brian Adams very fast and knowledgeable. I would recommend them very highly. Very neat an clean. They keep their masks on at all times.Jim L.
- Business Description:Since 2013, ADM Contractors, LLC, has been providing workmanship for the residential and commercial markets of Southeastern Wisconsin. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with exceptional finished projects designed with some of the highest quality materials on the market. We’re happy to provide whatever services necessary for us to get the job done in the fastest, most cost efficient way possibleRecent Review:The crew at ADM were fantastic!!! Very professional, cleaned up after part of the remodel. My kitchen is so much better than I ever pictured in my mind.Melissa G.
- Business Description:NuCoat Refinishing is a family owned business who focuses on quality, accountability, and affordability. We refinish bathtubs, tubsurrounds, tile, countertops, and cabinets. We use all of the highest quality refinishing materials. All of our techs are certified and are experts in customer service. NuCoat provides a 5 warranty on all of our work. We look forward to earning your business and working on your next project! Call us today for a free estimate!
- Business Description:Providing the simplest and most pleasing home remodeling experience. Property ReVision offers realty, construction and design services all under one roof. We started this business to provide an amazing customer experience. At Property ReVision, we pride ourselves on reliability, communication, integrity, and quality work that customers can believe in. We can help you find and remodel a house or remodel your current home. Let us help you turn your house it into your dream home. We look forward..Recent Review:We would highly recommend Property ReVision to anyone looking for a home renovation--large or small. We worked with them for our recent basement renovation and are so happy with the results. Jason, our project manager, was a great communicator and very professional. They worked within our budget and were flexible when we wanted to do parts of the project ourselves. Their on-staff carpenters were particularly friendly and great to work with. All of their staff and subs were more than happy to follow COVID safety precautions while doing work in our homeLiz C.
- Business Description:We are still taking clients during CO-VID. We are offering steam sanitation services for all hard surfaces in the home. We can clean bathrooms, door knobs, floors, light fixtures, you name it! Call today for a free in person or virtual quote! The Grout Experts are the leaders in the grout and tile cleaning and restoration market. The products and equipment used are the latest technology to bring your grout and tile back to lifeRecent Review:service was excellent. Service was on time, answered my questions, and explained what was to be done. Shower grout and caulking looked great after work was completed,and was cleaned up like new !MICHAEL W.
- Business Description:20 years experience Paint service Exterior PRESERVATION Paint specialist Best PRODUCT selection pro customer Interior & Exterior painting Kitchen Cabinetry painting & refinishing specialist Detailed & clean work Excellence in timely completion of jobs Flexible & High customer service oriented to fit customers needs & hit project outcome target per customer visionRecent Review:They were excellent. It was great. Their timeliness, professionalism, responsiveness, and expertise were great. They were good on what they do.Julie L.
- Business Description:Framing, cabinets, tile, drywall and paint. We have more than 100 years of experience. We are an owner operated remodeling company.Recent Review:I hired them to install baseboards, 3 new doors and new handrails and spindles for a staircase as part of a basement remodel we were finishing. Greg and his team were very prompt, responsive and professional. The job went smoothly and was finished up quickly. I would highly recommend their services and plan to use them again in the future.Amy C.
- Business Description:We are licensed and insured so feel safe to ask us for a quote. We are not a start up and have been in business for awhile now. People have trusted us with their home repairs for years and we hope to continue that. No job too big or small for us. We take pride in our work and pay attention to details
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
The cost of installing a bathtub or a shower liner depends on the type of tub or shower, size, and features. This guide will show what you can expect to pay for your project.
Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Find bathtub refinishers in
bathtub refinishers in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 2nd Life Home Remodeling 18480 W National Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- 2nd Life Home Remodeling
- A-1 REFINISHERSW147N5146 Dolphin Dr
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Aatuzi Contracting2888 Mayfield Rd
- AB & K Affordable Bath & Kitchen3636 S 108th St
- AB&K Bath & Kitchen Inc11063 N Port Washington Rd
- ADM CONTRACTORS, LLC6134 S Howell Ave
- AKL Resurfacing839 E Potter Ave
- ALL APPLIANCE REFINISHING SERVICE3908 W SOUTHLAND DR
- All You Need, LLC 4731 W North Ave
- Allied Plumbing LLCW2983 County Road D
- Always Building Custom18500 W Lawnsdale Rd
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- ARTISAN ROOFING2334 N 69TH ST
- A-1 REFINISHERS
- Bath Fitter of Milwaukee3450 N 127th St Unit B
- Bath Planet of Milwaukee3636 S 108th St
- Bathroom Crafters Of Lake CountryW34519 Mariners Cir
- BATHROOM CTR DISTRIBUTORS6135 W GREENFIELD AVE
- BCI Acrylic Bath Systems Inc524 S Hicks Rd
- Best-Handyman.com10219 W Fisher Pkwy
- BIG DAVE'S SERVICES9131 W Walker St
- Brookfield Home and Idea Center3485 N 124th St.
- Budget Right Handyman520 W Erie St Ste 240
- Bath Fitter of Milwaukee
- ElitePro Marketing Inc.9855 Regency Square Blvd
- Erie Construction Midwest Inc4271 Monroe St
- Erin's Tile Works2774 S 152nd St
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- ETCH COAT & GLAZE INC16813 W GREENFIELD AVE PO BOX 510201
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Exterior ProsW227N6270 Sussex Rd
- ElitePro Marketing Inc.
- Grout Experts38590 N Munn Rd
Lake Villa, Illinois
- Grout Experts
- Mad City Windows & Baths5020 Voges Rd
- Marcott RemodelingN53W16614 Prairie Dawn
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Matrix Home Solutions3050 N Kennicott Ave
Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Mestan Home Improvement; LLC4450 Coral Dr
- Metro Real Estate,LLC3900 West Brown Deer Road 149
- MetroShield LLC15984 west heritage lane
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Miracle Method Surface RefinishingS83W18356 Saturn Dr
- MKE Integrity Builders Corp
- Mr Tonys BBQW3565 BELGIUM KOHLER RD
- Mad City Windows & Baths
- Oak Creek Plumbing640 E Ryan Rd
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Plumbing
- Sache Construction & Design342 North Water Street, Suite 600
- Shields Home Improvement1609 E Webster Pl #2
- Sidex Corp of Wisconsin3050 S Calhoun Rd
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Steve's Plumbing8263 Orchard Valley Rd
West Bend, Wisconsin
- SURFACE SPECIALISTS OF SE WISCONSINS70W25030 Pine Ct
- Sache Construction & Design