Get matched with top antique appraisers in Los Angeles, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Los Angeles
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsPatrick was/is amazing. Super personable and professional. He took the time to explain everything to us step-by-step. I highly recommend him and we will be back to see him again. Thank you so much for everything 😀
- Penny and Pig Estate SalesPenny & Pig Estates Sales was a Godsend! My late brother was an extreme hoarder. I had spent weekends over the past year clearing the house and sorting his stuff and our late parents' valuables. They had resided in the house since the mid-1970s and there were a lot of family belongings to dispose of. By March I was ready to bring in estate sales company. The person recommended by my realtor is located in the San Fernando Valley and by speaking to her, I could sense that she really wasn't interested in making the long treks to the San Gabriel Valley to conduct a sale. She also was negative regarding the items I had to sell. Discouraged, I spent a few days researching other estate sellers. Based on the good reviews and their proximity in the SGV, I settled on Penny & Pig. Taking my initial call, owner Penny Katz was very receptive to my description of the estate. She came out to the house the very next day. We spent at least an hour going over what I had sorted as well as the furnishings and clothes closets. She was very honest in a tactful way, recognizing the sentimental value of the property and the belongings. She told me what she could sell and what should be donated. She also has an an excellent sense of humor, which I appreciate. I felt confident that she would do right by me. Having agreed to proceed, she scheduled the sale for the Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend. 10 days before, she sent her crew in to begin arranging the house for the sale. Meanwhile, Rafael, her transport guy, went over with Penny and me to sort through a storage unit of my late father in-law's furnishings. Penny was able then and there to determine what to sell at the estate sale and what to donate to charity. The storage unit was cleared that day. On the Monday, Wednesday and Thursday before the estate sale, Penny and her crew returned to my brother's house to continue the preparation and pricing for the event. Personal items that they found during their organization went into bathrooms (bathrooms are kept off-limits to estate sale customers). The crew was also able to find many mementos that had either been feared lost or forgotten and were safely put aside. Penny advertised the estate sale widely and it paid off handsomely. Over the course of the Friday and Saturday, Penny estimated that she had up to 400 people attend the estate sale. People bought vintage cameras, antiques and antique furnishings, jewelry, books, magazines, clothing, housewares, gardening equipment, etc. - even a car! After I went through the remaining items, Penny arranged for a charity to come in and take what they wanted. The charity gave us a receipt for charitable tax deductions. Once they were gone, Penny's crew proceeded to clear out the house, an all-day job. By the time they were finished, the house was vacant. Shortly thereafter, Penny sent me a handsome check for the sale, minus a standard commission fee and a very reasonable charge for cleaning out the house. Their efficiency made it possible for me to not only list the house for sale less than a week after the estate sale, but for the realtor to stage an Open House. Four days later, the house was sold. Had you asked me in March if this was at all possible, I would have said, "No way!" My thanks to Penny and her crew for everything
- World Gemological Services, Inc.We had just returned from overseas with purchases of south sea pearls and we wanted to verify the authenticity and value as soon as possible. Todd was able to accommodate us the same day and verify they were the real thing. He followed up with our written appraisals in a week. Great customer service
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsThis was a very new experience for us as we were "nice jewelry rookies". What a great find. Patrick is truly a professional. Knowledgeable, personable, very detail oriented, willing to take as much time with us as we needed to get a deep understanding of both the science and art behind the process of accurately appraising jewelry. We were lucky, prior to meeting Patrick we bought our recent pieces from a jeweler who it turns out, was truthful with us in what he charged us for the pieces that we bought. It was very calming when Patrick gave us this news. We are now armed with the knowledge and the tools to make a much more informed decision the next time we buy something. We will be working with Patrick on all of our future jewelry purchases and also enthusiastically recommending him to our friends and family. Thank you Patrick, for a job incredibly well done!! Jeff and Mist
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsLook nowhere else. Patrick is an extremely thorough, gracious and communicative expert. A+ service. Highly recommended.
- Gold 'N I JewelersHarry did excellent work. My engagement ring was heavily damaged. Harry did exquisite work rebuilding the entire ring, making it a much better version of the original. The setting is beautiful but also stronger than the original and has more sparkle. He also has a beautiful collection of custom jewelry that anyone would love to add to their collection. Everything was a wonderful mix of both classic but with a custom twist. It was over an hour drive for me to get to Harry, and I'm sure I passed 1000 Jewelers on the way, but the drive was worth it. The work is amazing and speaks for itself
- STUART H SALSBURY APPRAISAL SERVICESMr Salsbury is a wonderful, kind man whom is extremely knowledgeable. His portfolio is lengthy and impressive (Sotheby's, Architectual Digest - can't remember them all!!). His rate for documenting and then later, typing and returning in digital + hard copy was extremely reasonable. I highly recommend him to anyone whom has anything of value they wish to insure
- Novotny Appraisal ServicesMr. Novotny was very helpful in this process. He was quick, thorough, and knowledgable about a variety of different items. He was aware of current market values and very careful to explain the prices he was giving. He was pleasant to work with and our family felt relieved to have someone come in give us a realistic estimation of the value of the home's contents. We would definitely hire him again
- Sarah Leonard Fine JewelersThe people there are well trained. They are responsive and helpful. They gave me a really good estimate compared to the final outcome. They are easy to work with. They called me in between to let me know what was going on.
- Hopkins & CoI was looking for a gift and I was given many great suggestions. I bought a crystal picture frame that I was proud to give to my friend.
Last update on September 20, 2019
Jewelry Appraisers in Los Angeles
Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services today
"Although I was very disappointed in the value of my collection, Suzanne herself was wonderful and very very helpful. She was very amenable to coming on my schedule, spending an extra hour of her time and all in all just a wonderful lady."
Appraisals by a certified expert! GemSecure Jewelry Appraisals (GJA) specializes in jewelry appraising, loose diamond certificates, jewelry and gemstone quality analysis reports. Patrick Davis is a professional independent jewelry appraiser serving clients in the greater Los Angeles area with over 16 years of appraisal experience. Outfitted with state-of-the-art Gemological equipment. Patrick provides accurate appraisals, evaluations and identifications of modern and antique fine jewelry, dia..
"Patrick impressed me prior to the appointment in that there was an emergency that came up and he was not able to return to town to make our appointment. He called me over the weekend, rescheduled, and left me his cell phone number to get in touch if there were any issues. On the day of the appointment, he was well aware of the firm that had done our previous appraisal and was clearly engaged in the Gemologist organizations in the LA area. He was thorough and provided me with a tutorial on every item in the appraisal as well as what is driving the price in the market today. This was a valuable learning experience for me in addition to getting the updated appraisal. The official document arrived shortly thereafter and I was very pleased with the entire package. <br />
We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our members.
"Iron Horse Antiques & Appraisers were unable to personally view the items I was interested in selling. But, Debbie McArdle was helpful in directing me in the right direction to sell my antiques. I emailed her photos and what I knew about the items. She is very knowledgeable and didn't charge me anything for her service. <br />
Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shipping
"It was my first time selling my jewelry I felt I was taken advantage of. A lot of my jewelry had precious or semi-precious stones, diamonds etc. the process wasn't explained to me. I was told to just dump everything on the table the owner went through everything so fast. Anyway I should have gotten a second opinion my fault.
For over 30 years JOHNEVIEVE been a staple of the Southern California art and decor scene. Family owned and operated we pride ourselves in delivering impeccable customer service with minimal disruptions to our clients. We are dependable trustworthy and discreet .
GoldFellow® is a nationwide buyer of Gold, Silver, Platinum and Diamonds with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We have a reputation for honesty and superior customer service, having completed over 500,000 transactions. Our founder appeared on America's Money Class with Suze Orman to teach consumers how to sell gold. You can sell your unwanted gold to us using our free insured FedEx® service or by visiting one of our stores. For more information about our company or to find a l..
Established in 1999. We are certified, licensed, and bonded and we treat every customer with highest level of respect. Whether you are buying an engagement ring, a high end watch or selling gold, coins jewelry, diamonds, wedding rings we value your business. Whether you need a loan to get you out of a bind or sell an item that you no longer need or use, our commitment to customer satisfaction is evident through and through. Please feel free to visit the store and receive the highest cas..
California's Largest Antique/Vintage Center * One of the most historic buildings in the Whittier and Los Angeles California area (over 100 years old) *One of the oldest antique centers in Southern California (over 30 years old) * California's largest antique mall destination with over 1 acre of antiques, 57,000 sq ft., 302 dealer spaces, 4 floor
"I couldn't tell which handle he repaired. He also makes movie props. They have antique appraisals on the first Saturday of the month. They can also set you up with someone to help you sell your item. It's a neat place to look around even if you don't buy. The people there are really nice and knowledgeable. Their items are very high quality. You can take items in to be identified. It's a huge three-level building.
See all 3 highly rated companies in Los AngelesJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
antique appraisers in Los Angeles
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 58 Facets Jewelry331 N Story Pl
Alhambra, California 91801
- 58 Facets Jewelry
- Duveen & Edwards Inc5234 Calatrana Dr
Woodland Hills, California 91364
- Duveen & Edwards Inc
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- KING RICHARD'S ANTIQUE MALL12301 WHITTIER BLVD
Whittier, California 90602
- KING RICHARD'S ANTIQUE MALL
- legacy estate salesP.O. Box 4025
Chatsworth, California 91311
- legacy estate sales
- Penny and Pig Estate Sales710 S. Myrtle Ave #514
Monrovia, California 91016
- Penny and Pig Estate Sales
- World Gemological Services, Inc.120 Tustin Ave. Suite G
Newport Beach, California 92663
- World Gemological Services, Inc.